Author Topic: The Mysterious Case of the Wayward Belt  (Read 801 times)

Offline KojiVerse

• View Profile
    • Aleksei Koji
The Mysterious Case of the Wayward Belt
« on: August 08, 2012, 05:39:35 PM »
 The camera fade up on one of the decks of the Royal Monarch that has begun to be affectionately known as the Party Horde deck. The vast gathering of freaks and party boys has taken over a small section of the boat. Purple lights have been strung up and Aleksei Koji’s cook is working a massive grill. Jamie Staggs is currently in the pool making a fool of himself and Ginanni is flocked by some of the party horde female fans. It is quite the scene and watching over all of it is Aleksei himself. He sits in a deck chair wearing a worn pair of shorts and shades. With him is Scott Oliver who is trying to have himself an interview.

Stoner: Thank you for having me man, this is quite the set up you have here.

Aleksei: Don’t mention it my good friend. I felt bad for you and your lady troubles, so I figured why not.

Stoner: Congrats on your recent championship victory by the way.

Aleksei nods taking a sip out of an absurd purple tropical drink.

Aleksei: Oh thank you. Yeah that was a hell of a match.

Stoner: You still hurting?

Aleksei: Have you ever burned all over your back. It hurts man. I mean it hurts like a bitch but that is why I am keeping steady drunk during this cruise and it helps with my sea legs. But don’t worry, I will be more than ready for the match on Sunday.

Stoner: How can you say that though?

Aleksei: Because I am the Dire Wolf and I fight best when I am hurting and it is one of those brutal brawls...and Sunday is going to be just that. I promise you in the end I will be the one left staggering in the ring.

He then laughs a little bit just as Jamie does a dive that involves him whipping off his swim trunks in mid air. The airborn trunks land on the head of a sunbathing blond who hollers in protest. Stoner seems slightly distracted by all this.

Stoner: Right...um where was I...trying to forget what I just saw..right...umm so Koji, what I want to do is ask you about each guy that you are fighting and get some of your thoughts. Is that okay?

Aleksei: Can I keep drinking?

Stoner shrugs and Aleksei takes another sip, motioning for Scott to continue.

Stoner: Lets go with one of the guys you have not talked much about. Chett Hawkings is a former champion and no stranger to the wild setting of a Roulette Rules match. What do you think about his chances?

Aleksei: I don’t know man. He can be what his fellow texans would call a hell of a brawler. He knows how to hit hard. He doesn’t get too fancy which I like. He just kind of runs into the ring ready to knock heads. Not to mention he is a big guy. You know back when I was trying to get a tag team going I came to him and he was a big jerko to me. But I went to him because he is damn good.

Stoner: But you still think you can beat him.

Aleksei: Of course I can beat him, because as hard as he hits...well I will hit harder and I promise you I can take I much harder beating than that boy.  He can hit me all he wants but I won’t be stopped. Just look at recent history or whatever. I just won a belt, surviving a blazing inferno. He just lost a belt to some metal head or something. Who has the momentum?

Stoner: Um....you do?

Aleksei: Damn right! Good job, now have a drink! Who do you want to talk about next.

Stoner takes a sip from a purple drink that has been brought to him, by the look on his face the drink is strong. He coughs a little bit before continuing and Aleksei chuckles.

Stoner: What about Matthew Kennedy?

Aleksei keeps on laughing as if just heard a great joke.

Aleksei: What about him? Is he even a factor in this match?  I don’t know who this Vanilla Ice guy is that he tries to compare me too but I imagine I have more of a chance of loosing my title to that guy, then Kennedy. He is a joke. He won the belt because someone else knocked out his opponent, then he lost the belt to a real champion and spent the rest of the time crying into his fat managers shoulder. I am not sure why he is in this match. What has he done to earn this chance?

Stoner: Well he is a former champion.

Aleksei: Yeah and that is all he will ever be. I promise you this, when Kennedy does little of anything in this match I am going to make sure I let everyone else in this federation get a chance before he gets another chance at this belt. The guy is annoying and a bore.

Stoner: Speaking of the belt, where is it? I kind of thought you would wear that thing everywhere.

Aleksei looks surprised but tries to play it cool. He looks to his left and right then takes a deep breath.

Aleksei: You know what...umm I need to use bathroom. Be right back.

Aleksei promptly leaps up and makes a run back towards his cabin. The cameras catch up with him in his room, that is as trashed as his camper. He is tearing the place apart looking for something and cursing in Romanian the whole time. He even lifts a passed out woman off his couch to look under her then curses some more. He starts running through the ship looking.

He runs quickly through the hall, slowing down some when he enters the karoke bar. He waves to Casey Williams as he rocks out on the bike and moves through the club. His eyes look left to right frantically even if his sideways movements are casual. When he reaches another hall he starts booking it to some other location.

We find him again on a small deck just has a row of chairs. On one of them is a Roulette Title and he breathes a sigh of relief. He reaches for it and Kittie turns a corner yelling at him. He holds up his arms with a grin on his face. He starts to back away, then spins around running the other way down the deck until he crashes into Scott Oliver.

Aleksei: Oh my sorry about that, man. Crap I was just looking for you.

Stoner: owww....what? I was at the pool where you left me. Did you find your belt?

Aleksei: What?...no..I mean of course. It was never lost. Just keeping it in the room, you know...umm belt thieves. Just thought this deck was a really scenic spot to talk about...umm whoever you want to talk about.

Stoner looks skeptical.

Stoner: Okay...I guess. Umm how about Lucian Frost? He is a former partner of yours. How does that feel?

Aleksei: Right! Yeah it sucks right. I mean Lucian Frost is like a masked wizard in the ring and I wanted to have more matches with him as my partner. Maybe we still can after this crazy brawl. I have no hard feelings for the guy. I hope he doesn’t have any hard feelings for me.

Stoner: He won the first Roulette Championship.
Aleksei: Yeah I know and like I said he is good fighter. He is also a smaller fighter in a sea of giant bruisers. His tricks work well in some matches, but not this one. If I can I will make sure he doesn’t get too hurt in there, I owe him that much. If I can I will be the one to beat him, because I know there are less savory types in this match that will try to break him early.

Stoner: But you would face him one on one for the belt?

Aleksei: As long as his name isn’t Matthew Kennedy I will face him and any other compeitor any night of the week.

Stoner: Okay lets talk about Blaque Hart.

Aleksei: Yeah lets do that, but I need a drink. You know that karoke bar on the deck below us. Let’s finish up there. I ummm will meet you.

Aleksei then just starts running towards his room again. We find him in there again throwing panties and food trays aside as he searches for his championship belt. He is cursing some more and at one point briefly prays to what ever god will still listen. Aria comes in to room. “What are you doing?” she yelled at him as fruit from a bowl go flying.

Aleksie turns around and strides over to her, pulling her into a hug. “Thank god, have you seen my belt. I think I might have lost it and I need to find it, babe.”

She looks at him with a face that shows a mixture of amusement and sadness. “Is that why you missed going scuba diving with me? Looking for the belt....I mean I wanted that to be something nice we did...you know, on our little cruise together.”

Aleksei looks at her with a tired expression and his eyes still dart around the room. “Okay well help me find the belt and we can go tomorrow.”

Aria shakes her head. “Can’t do that big guy. I won’t be here tomorrow, I’m sorry. I am going to get off at our afternoon stop. One of many tropical paradises you have missed on this trip.”

He does not seem to quite understand what she is trying to stay. “Wait, your not staying. I thought you were going to be with me...I mean not forever of course but for the cruise at least.”

Her face softens a bit as she keeps hugging Aleksei, she rest her forehead against him.  “I know, but I can’t do this. Your hurt...and you keep drinking to try to ignore the pain so you can convince yourself that this match is a good idea, but its...just not. And its all fucked up. I can’t watch you kill yourself.”

For the briefest of moments Aleksei’s smile fades. He looks almost sad and then shrugs it off. “Okay, babe. Thats fine. I mean...shit I am going to miss you. You were always one of my favorites but I get it. This is not an easy life and I get that. Have fun on what ever island we are stopping at, but you know be careful. There are a lot of grifters around here. Half of them are friends of mine.” he says with a smile that seems quite forced. He lets go of her and starts to walk out of the room.

Aria does not turn to look at him go but ask him “is that your goodbye?”

He stops at the door. “Yeah, see you around, lovely.”  He walks out of the room and punches a nearby wall, leaving a hole. He heads off to finish the interview.

The karoke is over by the time he has come back. Scott Oliver is sitting at a table nursing a drink. He looks up at Aleksei amused but when he sees his face he decides not to comment on the missing belt. Aleksei sits down.

Aleksei: Blaque Hart is a tool, you know?

Stoner: I am pretty sure I am suppose to be objective.

Aleksei: Well he is. He thinks we all don’t care about him because he is older. The truth is we don’t care because he is not that good anymore. He is the one who keeps bringing up his age. He is like a fat woman who keeps saying how fat she is but gets pissed when you agree or try to keep her away from the burger bar. If he was hardcore and amazing in the ring, who would care how old he is.

Stoner chuckles a little but shrugs.

Stoner: He is a former world champion in two different federations.

Aleksei: Yeah, well you know how many federations there are around the world. A whole lot! I have wrestled all over the world and so I say I don’t care what belts he has had. Right now what I care about is this match and the belt...that well the belt that I am sure is somewhere. Bruce Evens has done little to nothing in SCW and that is not going to change this weekend. The fact that all these talented fighters have to waste time talking about that washed up Canuck, is a fucking shame.

Aleksei motions to the bartender who brings him another purple tropical drink.

Stoner: So Casey is one of those guys that you have said you respect. Do you think he will be your biggest challenge?

Aleksei: I think the fact that I have to survive five guys is going to be my biggest challenge...you know. But ya Casey is a warrior. I mean we nearly killed each other. Nobody has given me a match like that and I am in his debt. To be a champion is one thing, but to be champion after a match like that. It is the highlight of my career.

Stoner: But you won’t hold back against him because of this new found respect.

Aleksei: The respect I have for him is not new. I have always liked Casey. He is a goofy lug, but he is likable. The fans dig him, they were cheering for him. I mean they were not cheering as loud as they were for me, but that is because I have the horde. Casey is good enough to take this thing back from me, but I won’t let him. This is my time. It does not belong to any of those guys, and I have too much momentum. I feel like a imortal right now...and shit man I am sure I have limits. But I won’t be reaching them on Sunday.

Stoner: You talk a lot about the fans...

Aleksei: That is because I owe it all to them. I have no doubt about that. I have always been a fighter, I mean I use to get into brawls with other Romani kids when I was seven years old. That is just who I am but those fans, those crazy fans made me a champion. They gave me something to focus on, and that is being as kick ass as possible for them. To give them a show they talk with their grandkids about. They make it worth it, I mean when my body feels broken I get up for them...well mostly for them...and yeah...listen I got to go.

Stoner: Going to go find your belt?

Aleksei stands up and then quickly finishes his purple drink. He then shakes his head.

Aleksei: No man, what did I tell you...its in my room and if you tell anyone different I will give you such an epic wedgie...

He points to Stoner, grins and then slaps him on the back so hard he nearly falls out of his chair. He then turns and strides off. The camera fades.

The camera fades back in on the very front of the cruise ship. Sitting near the edge is Karina Koji wearing a purple and black bikini. She is grinning like the cat that caught the canary and we soon see why. She is holding the Roulette Championship belt and humming a tune. She whispers “I am queen of the world”

We zoom out to find that the ship is docked on the shore of a small tropical paradise where those on cruise can take in some local wild life and spend lots of money on souvenirs worth very little. Standing on the dock is Aleksei Koji and Aria. We get a little closer to hear what they are saying.

“Came to give me a proper goodbye?” she asked leaning up to kiss his cheek.

Aleksei smiles that charming smile of his. “Da, that and I wanted to make sure nobody is going to try to sneak off with that belt. I bet someone could make a pretty penny off that thing.”

Aria sighs and ends up laughing. “Aleksei Koji, I think I love you, but you are really dumb.”

“Yeah I know. Don’t go.” he asked allowing his smile to fade.

“If I stay would you stay back for this Asian tour?” she asked, being very serious.

“Of course not. I am going to be champion and I can’t leave the fans hanging for five weeks. Nothing is going to happen to me.” he says with a chuckle.

“You told me, you couldn’t go back to Asia because of trouble and last I checked that trouble has not gone away.” she says getting frustrated. She raises her voice and then throws her arms up. “You just don’t want the party to end!”

Aleksei looks away at that comment, but quickly turns back. The smile is back but it is not a real smile. “The party doesn’t end.”

She nods at that knowing it would be his answer. “If it ever does, you come find me.” she says softly and with that she walks away.

And with that the camera fades out....

but wait Party Horde fans! One more thing. We fade back up to a moment much later that night. Karina Koji is dressed all in black, sneaking through the chaos of Aleksei room like a ninja. His wayward title is in her hand as she steps over nearly naked bodies. When she reaches the bed she lays the belt down right next to Aleksei and giggles lightly. She then looks around at the room filled with Horde members, beer bottles and trash. She shakes her head and prances way.

FADE OUT
user posted image