Author Topic: The Reaper Has No Fear  (Read 809 times)

Offline Lucas Darby

• View Profile
    • Lucas Darby
The Reaper Has No Fear
« on: June 09, 2012, 07:03:26 PM »
 The first scene opens showing the inside the local bar in Las Vegas, Nevada. That bar belonging to the local motorcycle club, The Sons. The camera pans around as normal, showing the windows are open and sunlight is beaming in brightly, quickly lighting the dark bar up. There are a few guys sitting around the bar area, some look to be members of The Sons and others seem to be casual drinkers there for a beer on their lunch break. Then you see the normal, almost there every single day member of The Sons... Lucas Darby. Lucas has a drink in his right hand and a lit cigerette in the near by ash tray. Lucas stares into the mirror behind the bar, almost ignoring the SCW camera crew standing there.

Lucas: Two weeks later after defeating a millionaire like Matt Barnes... Here I sit, feeling no better than I did before my last match. Not scared, not nervous or even worried. I only feel like nothing has changed for myself, maybe it'll never change. I don't know what to expect from anyone or what they think of me. I've only heard the opinions of a select few, a couple of guys that came to shake my hand after they watched my matches. People have been telling me "Congratulations" and "Good job" for my first two matches, treating me like I've done something important for myself. They even try to say I might be starting to line myself up for an championship match in a couple of weeks. Yet I don't feel so special, and I don't feel like I've earned anything other than a little respect from the men I've beaten.  I don't understand it, personally... I don't know if I should feel proud of myself, my own ability or maybe my luck. All I know is I'm surviving and making it, day by day and week by week. The only thing I've ever done, honestly. Working my ass off to get to the next day and I thank SCW for that chance. I thank my bosses for the matches I get, the pay day they say I earn and the fact that without them, I wouldn't be able to afford the drink in my hand. They're good men... And maybe too good to me in some people's opinions. Maybe they've pushed me harder than I've ever been pushed by anyone before. Trust me, I've had men that were like my father push me toward a goal and help me obtain it. But the guys at SCW, offer no help. They don't extend their hand or give me access to any special gym. They only say "Here is your match, win and progress or lose and fall behind". I respect that about them and I look forward to the challenge that Mark and Christian have given me I look forward to showing them that their money is well spent and their fans will be entertained by the end of the night. But this next match... Might be a little tougher than I ever expected it to be and I like that. So a salute to the guys running SCW and the men I'll be seeing eye to eye at Into The Void.

Lucas raises his beer to the camera and tipping his head forward, sending out a clear message to the men he mentioned. He lowers his glass and takes a big sip of his drink, wetting his dried throat. Lucas turns toward the camera crew and looks into the camera aimed at him, now looking to address one certain person with the words flowing smoothly out his mouth.

Lucas: That's how a real man goes into a match. He doesn't curse his opponents, insult their life or pull every dirty secret they ever had. You don't hire some private detective to find out nothing but bullshit about people to get in their head. Instead, you siimply give them a warning that you're coming at them with all you got, no pulled punches and you treat them like a man, not a little homeless man on the street begging for change. I've never disrespected a man I was about to face and I'm not going to start now just because some little known millionaire named Matt Barnes doesn't know when to shut his damn mouth. But you see, Matt. that's the difference between you and I that makes me a man and you just another asshole on the street. I'm not going to brag and tell everyone how I beat the amazing Matt Barnes. There's no reason for all that talk and we both know it. You call it luck, I call it a win and I move onto my next match. You can't do that, though. You can't ever forget it and walk away like it was just another match. You felt the need to attack me after the match didn't go your way and you felt as though that was right. You really believed you had every right to do it... That's what's sad about it, really. It wasn't that you lost and it wasn't about all the talk you ran your mouth off with, it was simply that you couldn't handle losing one little match. So everything I needed to say about you and the fact that you're the biggest coward I've ever met, was already proven by your own actions. You took it upon yourself to be a pathetic man and you paid for it. Not by my hands, but by the hands of Lucian Frost. Now I couldn't tell you why he done it, never met the guy or asked him for anything. Frost came out on his own and he showed you that money isn't going to be always there to protect your every stupid move you make. You made a stupid move and you paid for it when Frost fired back. So to Frost, if you're watching me some where today... Thanks man, I owe you one. Come by the bar sometime and I'll buy you a beer for your trouble.

Lucas smiles, sending out a welcoming message to a man that may never respond or even take him up on his offer. Lucas knows how it goes around SCW when it comes to guys like Frost, the silent yet helpful that expect nothing in return. You see them every day in the streets and to see them in a company like SCW, might be the rarest case of them all. Yet Lucas ignores that fact and continues of putting his thoughts into words for the cameras inside the bar.

Lucas: And my next match, which is at Into The Void... Yeah, a big match for me. Hell, it's a big match for a guy like Alexis Marin too. The man that I faced in my first match in SCW and felt sore for three weeks after it. That giant can punch further and kick harder than any man I've ever seen in my entie life. All he needed to do was connect one solid punch and he would've knocked me out cold right there. But he couldn't do that and I ended up defeating a giant that night. Something no one thought I could do. I'm not going to say it was easy, because it wasn't. Alexis was well trained, experinced and overall should've been the better man in that match. He wrestled all over the world, faced some of the best other countries have to offer and won championships. I've never done any of that. I've never stepped foot out the United States, I only fought in a couple of local boxing tournaments and the only gold I've ever worn was on my fingers. My first night in SCW, I didn't just over come the odds or get lucky. I simply done what most would call the impossible  I seem to do that a lot now days, over coming the impossible and coming out the winner. Can I do it again while standing in the ring with a giant for the second time? Maybe I can, maybe I can't. I'm not going to sit here and attempt to predict my own future. All I can say is I'm going out there to give it my best and I'm going to fight harder than any other man or woman you'll see that night. My mind is set on one thing, surviving. Surviving facing a giant, surviving a match harder than I've ever had in my life and surviving the sport that can destroy a man's life. Winning just happen to be the biggest benefit to surviving inside that ring. I'm not here to win championships, friends, or get a date.  I already have a woman by my side, so I don't need a date. I've never been a big fan of gold and I have all the friends I could ever need. So why am I here? Why am I facing giants and attempting the so called impossible? Easy, I'm here to make a living out of what I do best and that's it. Alexis learned that in our first match and I'll be sure to jog his memory the next time I see him in the ring.

Lucas takes another drink of his beer, finishing it off slowly and placing it back down on the table. He smiles a bit, knowing the other guy in this triple threat match is a real piece of work and not knowing exactly what to say about him that wouldn't offend an entire country.

Lucas: And of course, the other man I'm facing is Bruce Evans. The man with more Canadian pride than the entire Canadian army. More pride than I've ever seen a man place in anything. Don't get me wrong, I'm proud of my womam, I'm proud of The Sons and I'm proud of my career. The biggest difference is, I'm aware of when to shut up. You don't seem to be that aware about how much you run your mouth about your country and your ability. The only problem with that is pretty simple... Pride is one of the seven deadly sins for a reason. Now, I'm no preacher nor do I claim to speak the word of God. I only speak of what I know and what I know is pride can be the biggest down fall for a single man like Bruce. Pride in your country, pride in your ability, and pride in your own self can be the one weakness that destroys everything. Because when you believe no one is better, you think you are the greatest of the great and then you get crushed, you're mind is broken. You're entire body quickly becomes confused and you start to wonder... Was my pride misplaced? Was my one hundred percent postiveness indeed false? If that can be false, what else am I wrong about? Am I wrong to believe in myself? What about my ability to win matches?... And that drains a man of everything he has. It places doubts in yourself, your country and the ability you believed you once had. So my advice to you, Bruce, is stop and think before you speak. Place yourself in a "What if?" position before you open your mouth and start saying things you're going to live to regret later on. Because you once bragged that you were going to become number one contender to the World Championship and you failed at that. Now if you are to believe you can take down a giant like Alexis Marin and a "Simple biker" man like myself, then you fail. What's next for you to fail, Bruce? What's next to come crashing down around you? Your career? Your friendships? Your life? Maybe your country? Who knows? All I know is... Becareful what you say and how you say it. Because you might be eating those words in a week from now.

A door in the background opens and a tall gray haired man walks into the bar with a big smile on his face. The man looks to be a high ranking member of "The Sons", with his dark black shaded leather jacket. He looks over at Lucas and walks his way quietly, coming up behind him. He places his right hand on Lucas' shoulder and grabs it tight, shaking him with a big greeting. Lucas turns to see who it is as the older man speaks to him.

Titus: Hey Luke, how is it going, kid?

Lucas: Good, old man.

Lucas laughs as he reaches out and hugs the older guy, who is now revealed to be Lucas' adopted step father and father of Lucas' girlfriend Presley. His name is Titus.

Titus: So I've heard. Presley says you're making quite the impact in that wrestling company.

Lucas: Yeah... Yeah, I've done alright for myself. Beat a giant then a loud mouthed millionaire. I guess not many people can claim they've done that within a month's time of each other.

Titus: I'd have to agree with you there, boy. I told you that you could do it. Even when you started boxing, you had that look about you. People look over you, think you're average, laugh you off. Then when you get in that ring...

Titus extends his arm and jokingly punches Lucas in the jaw.

Titus: Boom. You knock them out harder than their daddy ever could. That's been your advantage since day one.

Lucas: I know.... Just gets hard out there sometimes. Looking around and seeing all those giants, all those trained fighters that have had matches all over the world against every style you could dream of. Then you have me... I'm not a big guy, obiousvly. I'm not trained like they are.

Titus: Bullshit. I trained you every day of your life. Maybe it wasn't in this martial arts shit and it damn sure wasn't in that high flying bull crap you see on tv now days. But you were trained... You were trained to survive on the streets and to fight hard as you need to, to make it to the next day. Without your father, without me, without The Sons, you'd have no training. With us though, kid, you learned more in a week than some of those guys learned in a life time. You understand what I'm saying?

Lucas: Of course I do. I've said that myself, life is surviving. But surviving isn't a fighting style... Those guys are the best of the best and every week, I step in the ring not knowing what to expect from them.

Titus: And how many of those trained bad asses have beaten you so far?

Lucas: None.

Titus: NONE! Imagine that, they're trained and all better than you, but none of them have beaten you yet... Don't you think that's proof alone, boy? You've beaten every guy that got in your face and you've stepped up like no other man has. The rest need to use dirty tactics, cheat and maybe even pay off a few guys for a win. Yet you go out there, fight fairly and win. The era of a true man never ends, it only gets stronger the more you believe in yourself.

Lucas: Okay, okay. I got you're point... You're right. I'm not worried about them beating me. I'm only worried about making us look bad.

Titus: Us? Kid, there is no "Us" when you go out there. There's only you and the colors of The Sons flying proudly on your back. Long as you fight like a man and do your best to win, there is no making "Us" look bad. You've earned more respect from The Sons doing this than you could ever imagine. We heard even EJ was looking into joining up.

Lucas nods his head, assuring Titus that he's correct.

Lucas: Yeah, I told him all about it and he has a closed door try out on Monday.

Titus: See, you boys are making us proud of you every day you do what you need to do and we'll be here supporting you the entire way.

Lucas: Thanks. That really does mean a lot to me. You know you guys are like my family...

Titus shakes his head, inturrupting Lucas.

Titus: We ARE your family. You don't need my blood running through your veins to be my child and I didn't need to get in the bed with your momma for you to be one of The Sons. There is a reason we're called The Sons. It's because we're family and we're all sons of the same thoughts, lives and all breath the same air. Your father and I were closer than I was with my own brother... That means more than you could imagine. But when it comes to real blood, you can't just forget them either.

Lucas: Don't... Don't even start with that. I know where you're going with it already.

Titus: Then you know you need to go see your momma. I don't care what she done or how much you hate her. You need to talk to her and listen to her side of the story.

Lucas: You're starting to sound like Presley.

Titus: What can I say? She knows what family is. I've taught her that since the day she was born and I drilled that deep into her head. You're daddy tried to get it in your's too, but he ran out of time.

Lucas: And that's where you picked up and actually done it right. I don't need my mother long as I have you, Presley and the rest of The Sons. So forget it, I'm not going to see her.

Titus: She gave birth to you, boy. You can't forget that at will and move on like it never happened just because you're pissed off. She IS your momma, you gotta face that fact and talk to her... I realize she's the reason we don't have your daddy here today. But shit happens and mistakes are made. She's spent eighteen years in prison and you haven't went to see her one day.

Lucas: So why should I do it now? Tell me that. Why now? I owe her nothing.

Lucas reaches over and picks up his cigerette, taking a long puff of it, attempting to calm his nervs down.

Titus: I never said you owed her anything. I only said that you need to go see her at least one time... Look around you, kid. You're finally starting to get your act together. You and Presley are stronger than ever. You have a job making damn good money and slowly going up the rankings. The rest of The Sons are starting to talk, saying maybe you should get a promotion inside the group and if you keep saving up that cash, you'll be moving out this club house soon. You're becoming a real man... But no real man could ever forget his real momma.

Lucas: I'm really getting tired of talking about this. Can we drop it?

Titus: You're only tired of hearing the truth... Trust me, I know what you're going through. I've been your age, I've been in your shoes and it never helps to hold a grudge against anyone.

Lucas: No, I'm tired of hearing this crap. Presley pushes me about it, now you and next will be the rest of the group. I love you like you're my father and I respect you, but what goes on between my mother and I is none of your damn business.

Lucas stands up and grabs his leather jacket off the bar stool next to him. He quickly puts it on and leaves the bar looking more pissed off than ever before. The scene fades out as Lucas gets on his motorcycle, starts it and peels out the parking lot like a mad man.
>