Author Topic: Pushing through the heartache...  (Read 321 times)

Offline Sam Marlowe

• View Profile
    • Samantha Marlowe
Pushing through the heartache...
« on: April 14, 2017, 11:45:24 PM »
 A hand can be seen pressing play on a small hand held ipod that is slid along the side of a light jacket with the earbud cords dangling almost to the ground.  They swing slightly by the red converse hightops that are worn down slightly.  Suddenly they slowly start to rise as a hand pulls them upward then a second hand helps to settle each small unit into a pair of ears framed by red curls and a hoodie.  Faintly, “Eye of the Tiger“can be heard to start before the person turns and begins to run towards a set of stairs.

Climbing slowly up the stairs at a light run, Sam Marlowe seems preoccupied as she moves up the rise of stairs.  Intent on the top of the stairs, Sam begins to speed up slightly as she gets closer to the top.  Standing there at the top is Pussy Willow who is watching her friend approach.  Just as Sam makes it to the top of the stairs, Pussy steps forward scaring her friend and pulling a screech of fright from her.

“Dang it Pussy, you scared the bejesus out of me,” growls Sam as she reaches for the headphones and then wraps them around her neck and puts her hands on her hips.  â€œNext time warn a gal will ya!”

“Sorry Sammi, thought you saw me,” answers Pussy who hangs her head slightly.  â€œYou were looking right at me so I figured you would see me.”

Sam looks away into the distance, the skyline of Philly in view before turning back to Pussy and shaking her head.  â€œI’ve had a lot on my mind this morning and well, not really into paying attention.  After last night and getting the news that I did…I am just not thinking straight.”

Pussy shoots her friend a look of concern.  â€œEverything ok Sam?” she wonders as Sam takes a long breath and sucks in her bottom lip to worry it slightly.  Pussy moves closer to Sam as she sees the unshed tears in her eyes.  â€œOkay Sammi, spill it.  You aren’t all right at all are you?”

Sam tries to hold her back and shakes her head as one single tear escapes to run down her cheek.  â€œPussy, let it go.  It’s something I need to deal with alone and talking about it won’t help so why don’t we talk about something…anything else.”  Sam pulls at the hoodie strings as she looks up as if to force her tears back into her eyes.  

Pussy nods as she moves to Sam’s side as she looks around for somewhere to sit.  Guiding Sam to a bench nearby, Pussy pushes her down then joins her.  â€œOkay if you don’t want to tell me what is bothering you, then let’s talk about what is happening at Climax Control this Sunday night.  You got a match with Veronica Taylor and since she is going to be facing Jessie Salco for the Roulette title, you are going to be having the match under Roulette rules.  What do you have to say to that hmmm?”

Sam swallows and wipes at her face with her fingertips as a small grin flits across her lips.  â€œHoly déjà vu Pussy, what can I say about having to face Veronica Taylor yet again.  I guess the only thing that I can think of right now is the fact that no matter what when we step in the ring, she and I tend to be like oil and fire, explosive.”

Sam takes a moment to yank up her sleeves and push the hoodie down from her hair.  â€œI mean how many times does it take for me to beat Veronica Taylor?  I seriously think that Christian Underwood is probably behind this to pay me back for winning my first match in the Blast from the Past or for the fact that Mark Ward named me to wrestle in that tournament.  But if you really ask me,” begins Sam, “I think that he might very well be giving me more than I can handle to get me out of the tournament early.”

“You don’t think he is that bad do you Sam?” asks Pussy.

“Nah, I don’t think that anyone could be that bad,” offers Sam as she moves to cross her legs.  â€œBesides, I guess this is a good thing that I get this tune up match before Climax control 178 where Ben and I will probably be facing a really hard team.  If I had my wish, it would probably be Grimm and Misty.  But that is next week.  This week I am facing Veronica Taylor in a match.  So I suppose that I should be talking about it and her huh?”

Pussy offers Sam a smirk and a nod.  â€œWell maybe you might want to say one or two things about her.  Say, why not do your match promo here at the top of the Rocky stairs.  I’ll film it for ya.”

“Y’all don’t think that might be a little cheesy?” demands Sam as she gets to her feet as does Pussy who moves to stand a few steps down the stairs.  Pussy points her phone in Sam’s direction and begins to film as Sam begins to lightly bounce on her feet, her hands up in fists and shadowboxing with the morning air.

“Veronica Taylor, I have to admit when I saw that the two of us were facing off this week on Climax Control I have been of two minds,” begins Sam.  â€œFirstly I thought that I got this match in the bag and really didn’t think of you at all.  I figured that when I am on the top of my game, you are just a warm up match for the Blast from the Past tournament.  But the last few hours have got me thinking and I realize that I am taking you too lightly.”

Pussy nods in agreement as she continues to film Sam, slowly walking up the stairs and beginning to move around her.  â€œKeep talking Sam,” she calls out.

“I will admit that since this morning, my mind ain’t been on the match at all.  I got some real bad news this mornin’ and I’m still processing it but that doesn’t mean that I am going to be taking you lightly at all this week.  I know that once I step into the ring there ain’t going to be anything that will pull my focus from you.  And as for stipulations for the match, that don’t matter either.  Since it is roulette rules and we could be in any type of match, I am focusing on just how I am going to beat you and that is all I am going to say about that,” offers Sam as she throws a couple of quick jabs and punches into the air while the smile on her face at the comment fades.

Pussy nods excitedly as she presses stop on the phone and lowers it as Sam stops bouncing on her toes, her expression once more a serious one.  Pussy sees it and steps up to Sam.  â€œOkay Sammi, enough is enough.  You are going to tell me what is bothering you and you are going to do it right now!” demands Pussy which only makes Sam nod slowly.

“All right Pussy, I’ll tell you.  I got a call this morning about my friend…” begins Sam as she starts to walk away, her voice breaking as she is joined by Pussy as the pair disappear down the stairs, their voices fading before they disappear under the horizon.