Author Topic: Asterisk the Thirteenth: Mean Girls vs the World  (Read 333 times)

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
Asterisk the Thirteenth: Mean Girls vs the World
« on: January 23, 2015, 11:58:44 PM »
 S|C|E|N|E| 001
[ D O N 'T | B E L I E V E | T H E | H Y P E]

[REC]

"Are we on? Because it's getting ready to be on."

Mercedes adjusts the camera and cleans the lens with a lint-free tissue. As she backs away, we see that she is standing in her living room and, as always, proudly displaying her Mean Girls pride, wearing a black t-shirt with the Mean Girls logo.

"I think I've heard it all at this point. The Bombshells Division has seen better days. The Mean Girls are what's bringing the division down. We need new champions! It's a rallying cry from the fans and seen on every message board. And while it really breaks my heart to hear this, it doesn't change the fact we earned these titles - remember, I had to win a tournament that I never wanted to participate in to earn the title shot, then beat the champion in the four-way match, and Delia was so good for so long that it was hard for her to be ignored by SCW management. Is it really our fault that the Mean Girls continue to defy the odds night after night, supershow after supershow and embarrass the competition? If we want to go the conspiracy route, here's a theory for you: Either we're not that very good...”

Mercedes smiles.

“Or maybe we've gone a little too easy on the competition.”

“I want to say it's the former, because, really, with the way we've defeated our opponents lately, they must be equally frustrated because, you know, we're not very good. The fact that the Mean Girls were always behind the proverbial eight-ball during the final three supershows of 2014 and then come out in each one still victorious I'm sure must be frustrating. But then, we're not very good. Shouldn't have won Future Star of the Year, Most Improved, or Feud of the Year, let alone win any SCW Award for that matter. Coincidence? Fix? You be the judge.”

In reality, it was hard to ignore the success the Mean Girls brought to SCW and maybe, just maybe, the stable were simply too good for their own worth. If the latter half of 2014 was something, it remained to be seen what 2015 would bring to the group.

“But you know something, the critics, naysayers, doubters, Jealous Janis Army, masics, basics - they couldn't be more right. We're not very good. We didn't think we would win every female championship in the company, let alone hold said titles for ten weeks. And looking back at the awesome year we had, we were thinking to ourselves, "Maybe we're not very good." Had to be a coincidence. Happenstance. A fluke. Pure luck.”

"Back in September at Violent Conduct II, no one imagined the Mean Girls would stand alone at the top of the Bombshell Division. Four months later, that hasn't changed. Delia and I are two of six Bombshells singles champions to surpass 100 days in a single title reign. Delia surpassed Misty and Roxi's 112 day reigns and in two weeks, she will be the new longest reigning Bombshell Champion. So, by the time Climax Control 106 comes around, it's just one more example why we're not very good. As for yours truly, what else can I say? Most defending Bombshell Roulette Champion, check. Surpassed Necra's reign to become longest reigning champion, check. Longest unpinned/unsubmitted streak overall and in singles competition, double check. There must be some reason why I have all of these accolades. Oh, right. Because we're not very good.

Flawed logic, sure. But it was entertaining nonetheless.

"It's obvious that people love to hate us. Somebody has to. And that's why the Mean Girls are providing a service to SCW. And as long as we hold these titles, as long as we continue to the line the pockets of SCW, we're going to be around for a very long time.

"Sorry, not sorry."

• • •

S|C|E|N|E| 002
[ A R R I V A L S | A N D | D E P A R T U R E S, P A R T V]

The sound of a clapperboard. A film crew start to move around the set. Mercedes Vargas is standing before a white backdrop dressed in a little black number. She is on the set of a commercial shoot. She goes over the script in her hand the look up at the person behind the camera. She takes a deep breath and waits for her cue as the cameraman starts a five second countdown, then goes silent at “two” and “one” before pointing at her.

Mercedes: Hello again. Mercedes Vargas here, and I have an opportunity for you. Are you still looking for the perfect place, but just can't seem to find it? Location, location, location. Of course, we've heard that phrase at one time or another. Tired of small apartments? Looking for the best place, larger size, and the perfect location? Well look no further!

Her infectious smile gone, she looks down at her script before throwing it over her shoulder.

Mercedes: I can't take this anymore.

Mercedes walks off the set. The director signals to the film crew to stop rolling as they stand around in confusion. The director follows Mercedes and stops her.

Director: Everything all right?

Mercedes: No. Everything is not all right. What time is it?

Director: About four or so, why?

Mercedes: I'm sorry....I just got a lot on my mind lately...I've have to book a trip to Scotland...a wrestling match this weekend and...

Director: Merce, Merce, Merce, we went over this. You couldn't have said something during the brainstorming session? We had to work around your schedule for the two hours that lasted. If you had other commitments...

Mercedes: I know, I know. I should have said something. I'll remember next time.

A script supervisor walks over to them, carrying a copy of a playscript.

Script Supervisor: Hey, what's the hold up? People are getting a little restless here.

Director: Nothing that can't be fixed. Tell the crew to take another five.

Script Supervisor: Alright, you got it. Oh, and Mercedes, that reminds me. There's someone here to see you. Sounds pretty urgent?

Mercedes shrugs her shoulder in a clueless gesture. The director waves her off.

Director: Go. Just go.

Mercedes turns and starts to leave.

Director: Just answer me one question: Where am I going to find someone else for the shoot?

Mercedes continues walking without looking back.

Mercedes: You got plenty of time. I'm sure you'll find someone.

The director sighs as he watches her until she opens the door and exits.

• • •

S|C|E|N|E| 003

Mercedes stood at the podium smiling at the flashing lights. For the better part of three hours she was making the media rounds and was thankful this was her last interview session for today. If she was nervous, she sure wasn't showing it. It must be the makeup. Lots of makeup. The moderator opened the floor for questions.

Reporter: Mercedes, what's your thoughts on the Mean Girls loss at Inception? Although Veronica and Amanda fell short, they sure gave Misty and Melody a run for their money.

Mercedes: Of course they did. And, you know, it's not like the match was over in twenty seconds. In my eyes, they didn't do anything special to me. Give credit where it's due, Misty and Friends pulled through again, they won the match by the skin of their teeth. But that's all I'll give them. This is a lot like the six-person match we had against them a few weeks before that. Has anything changed? No. I feel bad for Mikah's winning streak ending and Desiree getting pinned, but, you know what, on loss isn't going to define their futures in SCW just like the loss at Inception isn't going to define Veronica and Amanda's future. I felt that they did great. In fact, I'm going to make a prediction for 2015: Veronica Taylor and Amanda Cortez, future Bombshell Tag Team Champions.

Mercedes nods, assured of this prediction.

Mercedes: Oh yeah, I can see that happening.

Reporter 2: Speaking of the Mean Girls, what's your reaction on the newest member joining the group?

Mercedes: Oh, you mean Mandy? Let's just say this 2014 wa an early Christmas present for the Mean Girls and a lump of coal for the rest of the Bombshells Division. She's definitely a major upgrade over Little Miss Fragile, that's for sure. Now that we have a former Bombshell and Tag Team Champion in our group, that's just means more bad news for the rest of the Bombshells. She and Veronica worked great together.

Reporter 2: Follow up question. Climax Control of 2014, Amanda was in her first match in 16 months when she faced Traci Patterson. What's your take on that?

Mercedes: I was thrilled. What better way to shake off ring rust than a warm-up match, huh? Traci isn't anyone to lose sleep over, I think the majority of the roster know this, so I had the utmost confidence in Mandy that she would have her hand raised, it was basically a gimme match. So, I wasn't too concerned.

Reporter 3: One last question before you go, Mercedes. After recent events, including at the supershow, does this means that the tide has shifted in the feud between the Mean Girls and the Bombshells roster, if at all?

Mercedes: If it has, then I don't see it. Like I've been saying all along, the Mean Girls have already won this war. We made history when we won every Bombshell championship in the company. Anything after are just for the sake of competition. Because at the end of the night, the Bombshell Championship is still with Delia Darling. And the Bombshell Roulette Championship...

Mercedes walks over to a nearby table and she picks up her championship and holds it up in front of the camera, looking at the gold while pointing at it with her free hand and nodding.

Mercedes: Whose name do you see on the nameplate?

Reporter 3: Mercedes Vargas.

Mercedes: That's right. It's staying with me. So I guess you can say their win at Inception was completely meaningless.

• • •

S|C|E|N|E| 004
[ W I T H | A | L I T T L E | H E L P | F R O M | M Y | F R I E N D S]

[REC]

Scene opens up on a close-up on Mercedes. It's late at night here in her hotel room in Scotland. With the little an beside lamp can afford her, it still isn't enough to shake off the exhaustion from a long trip.

“OK. So, I finally made it to Scotland. Let's see, it took me about, say, 8 hours from New York to Scotland, but I'm finally here. In-flight movie of Braveheart and all.”

Mercedes presents her Bombshell Roulette Championship.

“Welcome one and all to Day 131 of my title reign. Now, show of hands, how many of you thought that I was going to lose my title to Traci Patterson at Inception? Come on, I know you want to. Anyone? Anyone at all? No one? Bueller...Bueller...Bueller.”

She laughs. Not because it was funny. OK, maybe it was exactly that. Although the Mean Girls five-month unbeaten streak at supershow ended two weeks ago, two out of three wasn't bad. It just turned out that those two matches were title matches.

"I am tired as all hell after last week's trip in Birmingham, but you know what, it was worth it. For some the nine hour flight for me was worth it. I'm still getting over the jetlag after flying across the pond, but you kind of get use to it after so many visits there, like five times. Some probably didn't have an enjoyable flight back home, though. Isn't that, Necra? I have to ask you, how it feel, Necra? It's almost like you're the one who was in a coma, isn't it?"

At the supershow, the match card did say it was a singles match with Delia Darling, but in reality, it was really a handicap match: Necra Octavian Kane versus Delia Darling – and karma. It was obvious who won that one.

"Let me remind you about just who you were dealing with, Necra. Let me remind you what happens when you mess with Delia...FUCKING...Darling. At Inception, you became a statistic, you became a footnote in Delia's title reign. Title defense number four. And just how awesome is Delia Darling? Oh yeah, she is the crown jewel of the Bombshells Division, we all know that. There isn't a single Bombshell - past present or future - that can stand up to her. That not's just a fact, it's a Mean Girls fact. Delia has taken on all comers. But she faced her greatest challenge yet – No, not you Necra.

"Delia is so awesome that she gave the Le Bitch Bomb to death itself and woke up out of a coma. After you pinned her under 9,000 pounds of steel, and then was ever so heartless to run her over while she was in that stretch limo. Three words – Mean Girl walking. Inception went about as I predicted, the Mean Girls retained their titles and the Metal and Punk Connection lost theirs – I predicted that outcome - and that the Fallen would win - back in November. Because there is a simple lesson in all of this. Delia Darling. Stronger than dirt, stronger than death, and stronger than you, Necra.

"You may break us, you may shape us, but you can't stop us. And this weekend, Climax Control 104, the first show of the new year, the Mean Girls train is moving full steam ahead. This weekend, the Mean Girls are all over the Blast From the Past Tournament, and that's a good thing. The fans need someone to root against. Why not us? I mean, it's not like we haven't disappointed them before, am I right?

"First round of the Blast from the Past Tournament and what happens? Mandy and Veronica are facing each other, Delia is paired with Steve Ramone, and I have to come between a bromance with the Player's Club. Oh, and there's Roxi Johnson. Isn't that a kick in the head? I mean, we're talking about Roxi Johnson. Say it with me now...Roxi Johnson. As if the wrestling gods aren't Mean Girls fans, I'm staring across the ring from SCW's favorite superheroine who is, let's not kid ourselves, not up to my caliber. I'm beginning to wonder if you're taking this seriously, Roxi. Maybe you're looking for crime in all the wrong places. Lonely alleys, abandoned warehouses, a bank robbery in progress, saving a cat from up a tree. After all, a hero never sleeps, and neither does crime. Someone give this girl a bat-signal already!

"In all seriousness, though, I knew that when I saw this particular match, I knew I would have my hands full. Unlike you, this is my first time in the tournament. You been in all three editions. And history says that the past two years, you've made it out of the first round. Only, the third time won't be the charm, Roxi. Not because I said so, not because you've had Gabriel and Argento in the past, not because you made it to the finals your first time, it's just because who you're teamed with this year. Personally, I think I have the better partner in the Player's Club. JT Midas doesn't have any distractions. Caleb Houston, your partner, not so much. You do realize who his girlfriend is, don't you? Hopefully, he's focused for this match, otherwise can you say, "Houston we have a problem."

"Roxi, you've mocked my title reign, said I've been lucky for far too long, claimed that you would love to take my title away, but I 'm not sure if you'll be able to fit that in your schedule. Tell you what, though. Because I consider myself a nice person, once me and JT advance to the next round - which is more than likely - I'll try not make this loss too hard on you. No, wait, that's exactly what I'm going to do. This match doesn't mean anything to you. If you win, you win. If you lose, you'll just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and look forward to the next show. And somewhere in between you'll take time out to help someone in need, because that's what you do. You can't help it.

"Helping people, that's great. Nothing wrong with that. You're just doing your part to make the world a better place, but have you ever considered that some people may seem a bit turned off with you saving the day all the time? Let me ask you a question. When you turned to the dark side, who was helping you then? Where are those people who stood with you when you finally broke free from that creep? They're no longer in SCW, Roxi. But you're still here fighting the good fight, even though you're fighting a losing battle, but kudos to you. I told Misty that if she continued her silly little war that she was going to pay the consequences, and what happens? Well, you saw for yourself at Inception.

"By the way, how is that investigation coming along, hmm? Still searching for clues? Yeah. I feel bad for what happened to Misty and Mel, but on the other hand, maybe this is just an ominous sign that you should quit while you're ahead. You don't want to end up like your little friends, do you?

"I'm not saying that it might happen, but it could happen.

"Anywhooo, we have a long weekend ahead of us, but rest assured, I'll be seeing you, and Caleb, on Sunday."
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 02:48:48 AM by Mercedes Vargas »

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)