Author Topic: The Chronicles of Carter Act 1; Scene 3  (Read 1107 times)

Offline HBCarter

• The Hardcore Bottom
    • View Profile
    • Sin City Wrestling
The Chronicles of Carter Act 1; Scene 3
« on: July 14, 2023, 11:31:14 PM »
The Chronicles of Carter
Act 1; Scene 3

Here's a little known fact. Carter originally had no intention of going to therapy. He didn't want his friends and family thinking that he was crazy or weak and for the longest of times, he held the very same prejudices against therapy that so many thousands of others did. Too many people who could benefit from speaking with a professional would go on never to get some desperately needed help, all because of misdirected pride and ignorance. Except for Carter. And that was where Gabriel Stevens had come into play, as he watched from afar at how one of his youngest charges ever was slowly regressing into himself rather than living as the outgoing young man that walked through the doors of the famed GO Gym. And all because of the kid being caught in a personal hell that was not of his own making. He had escaped, thank god, thanks to a circle of loving friends and family, but the emotional scar remained and Gabriel knew that if Carter didn't get the help that he truly needed, they risked losing him from a mental standpoint.

And at first, Carter refused outright. He said the usual things such as "I'm fine" when he was not or "I don't need therapy" when he clearly did. Gabriel could be there for him as a mentor and yes -- friend, but the young man needed more. It was only when Gabriel had introduced him to Gail Delacore that Carter's mind opened somewhat, especially when Gabriel had confided in him that she had helped him during a rough patch in his own life, and Gabriel was forever grateful for it. Carter agreed to a visit to try -- just try mind you.

And he was forever grateful.
                                                     ______________________________

Las Vegas, Nevada
The office of Gail Delacore; LMHC - NCC

Ever since the breakup with Lazarus, Carter had been paying regularly scheduled visits with Doctor Delacore, and by his own admission, it had to have been like pulling teeth getting him to talk to her. Like so many others before him, he had a wall surrounding his pain, one he did not want to go down -- easily. But she was not a woman who gave up on anyone whom she took on as a patient. Unlike many others in her field, Gail Delacore did not take on just anyone with the mindset that they were simply another paycheck. Her preliminary consultations were basically an interview, and if she was satisfied with what she heard, she accepted them as a patient. Where Carter was concerned, things were a touch more complicated than most. He did not leave her satisfied or impressed following the preliminary session, but he had been taken on as her patient never the less. Simply by speaking to her, Gail could tell there was more pain inside of this young man than he was ready to reveal to anyone.

She could not, in good conscience, allow him to simply walk away without at least trying to help him bring that pain to the surface where it could be effectively dealt with. A necessary evil in order to heal. She was not easy on him, and like others, he reacted accordingly by fighting back, but she never gave up. She questioned and listened, and slowly the walls crumbled to dust and he started to confess his pain.

He felt as if he had just poured out his soul. He looked up from the cushioned leather chair that he sat in within the comfortable confines of her office. No reclining sofa here, she felt it too cliche for a modern science. He finally looked up and would have been startled to seeing the good doctor smiling at him, from what he had just told her. When they had first met, she was hard on him, stern -- almost cold. But if she was uncaring, she wouldn't have been in this profession, let alone put up with all of his bullshit over the past several months. He had come to understand that much like him, there was far more beneath the surface.

"You told Miles that you love him?" Dr. Delacore said, more of a confirming statement than a question.

"Yes." Carter nodded. "I scared the hell out of myself when I did it."

"Why?"

"Because I never expected to hear myself say it." Carter confessed. "I mean, it was no secret to anyone how I felt but saying it seemed alien to me. I felt like if I said it outright, that something bad would follow after."

"Because of your past pains?"

Carter nodded silently in answer to the doctor's queries.

"So why then?" She asked. "What made you say it?"

"It sort of slipped out." Carter found himself smiling at the memory. "Miles and I just had a perfect night together on the cruise, it just felt natural. And you want to know something?"

She lifted her chin up, indicati.ng interest, and Carter took a moment to pause in deep thought before he found himself smiling genuinely before he said, "I don't regret saying it. Not for a moment."

Doctor Delacore gazed at him for several long moments before she finally yielded to him one of her rare smiles, and she said, "Good. Now..."

She stood, Carter taking that as the obvious indication that their time was nearly up so he stood as well. He watched as she walked around the corner of her desk before she stood before him. She said, "Now, am I to understand that you won't be able to visit me again until after this latest tour concludes?"

Carter just nodded, preparing himself because the last time SCW went on tour and carter along with them, she was most displeased he was taking the time away from his sessions. She looked him over, but this time, rather than reprimand him, she simply nodded.

She said, "I think you've made progress enough these past few weeks that I can't look past it." She started to turn aside, but paused and looked back to him with an upright forefinger. "This time." That being said, she walked back around to sit back down and jot down a few notes while carter started for the door.

Behind him, he heard her say aloud for his ears, "Perhaps next time we might have a break through concerning your living arrangements."

Carter's hand was on the handle to her office door, and that was where it froze. He turned his head to look back over his shoulder and he asked, "What do you mean?"

"I mean..." She explained. "When you can finally admit that you and Miles are living together."

Carter half smiled as he denied this, stating, "We're not 'living together' Doctor Delacore. I'm just..."

"Staying with him until you find a place." She finished for him, having heard it one too many times for her liking. She then went on to say as she took a seat and clasped her fingers together on the edge of her desk. "Since last year. You sold your former home for a considerable amount and could easily find a small place to call your own. You've called the condo with Miles 'home' in your sessions a handful of times. And, you told me that you and Miles adopted a cat."

"So?" He shrugged his shoulders.

"As I said..." She sighed, picking up a pen from the holder on her desk. "Next time."

Caught off guard, Carter turned and opened the office door and stepped out into the lobby. Only when the door latched shut, did Gail look up from her notes and she stared at the door after him.

Rome, Italy -
The Aroma Restaurant

If an evening of perfection in the famed "Eternal City" known as Rome, Italy, this would be it. In a matter of days, Sin City Wrestling's famed 2023 World of Wonders tour would kick off here in Rome where one of the modern wonders of the world stands -- the Roman Coliseum. For many years, Rome has been one of the most sought after tourist destinations throughout the entire world. It's history was intriguing, and its reputation as one of the most romantic cities preceded itself. Many people who desired to see this city would, unfortunately, go forever without having done so. But being a Superstar for SCW during these tours did have its perks and advantages. And when you were dating Miles Kasey, there were others.

Get your mind out of the gutter, people! That is NOT what I meant!

Aroma was a restaurant that was located within a very short distance of the (in)famous Coliseum where over two thousands years in the past, men and women fought to the death against both human and animal opponents for the amusement of the Roman elite. Yet unlike the past and the Coliseum in present, Aroma was modern in structure and cuisine, and very much in demand. Although not required, reservations were highly recommended, and Miles had been smart enough to plan ahead, much as he did a month ago when he had taken his boyfriend Carter to Dollywood.

It was where we found SCW's unofficial "cutest couple," seated at a table beneath the stars on the rooftop lounge, specifically requested by Miles. Aroma had a smart, casual dress code, and thus both Carter and Miles had taken the opportunity to dress up in their best, despite the warm, Rome weather. Carter was wearing a violet dress shirt and dark gray slacks, while Miles indulged himself in some color in a burgundy dress shirt and gray vest worn over, with matching slacks. And they had been glad for having done so as they witnessed disgruntled tourists turned away from the doors for wearing t-shirts shorts and flip flops.

And for Carter? Perhaps the most romantic aspect of the night was at the very beginning, when he had asked Miles to order for him. Just this once. And Miles did not disappoint as he stressed to the waiter about his boyfriend's allergies to anything close to shellfish, and was reassured the kitchen would be most careful. Miles had ordered his boyfriend a pasta dish with lemon infused steak and black garlic, while he himself a dish of lamb loin, pistachio, carrots and buffalo milk yogurt. Oh and the bottle of red wine in the center of the table, two full glasses before each man? That was a given.

By now night had fallen over Rome, and the servers had made their rounds to light the candles at each table. Carter's eyes could not help but continue to gaze over toward the Coliseum which could easily be seen from their vantage point. The view was as breathtaking as the ambience of where they were, and it felt as if they were the only two people left on earth.

"I hope this isn't too much of a disappointment." Miles said, bringing Carter from his own private thoughts, and turning his attention away from the view and back to his date.

"Why would I be disappointed?" Carter asked, genuine confusion etched on his young, handsome face.

Miles shrugged casually, setting his fork down and picking up his glass, "I know you had your heart set on a gondola ride down in Venice."

"'Had' being the operative word." Carter stated, picking up his own glass for a light taste of some of the best red he had ever had. He really needed to get the name off of the label to ask Grams if she ever had. Carter then said, "That is until Ari and Francisco decided to run with the idea first. I didn't want anyone to think we were copying them."

He set his glass down and gazed deeply into Miles's eyes and he smiled, "This is better anyway. Better view. Better surroundings. Better company. And I can't deny that cologne you're wearing is a LOT better than the moldy water in the Venice canals."

"Gee, thanks!" Miles chuckled, taking the compliment as it was intended. He knew that above anything, Carter loved a nice cologne and had a weakness for the scent of sandalwood. It took some searching but Miles found a luxury cologne that had hints of sandalwood and the moment he put it on, Carter was practically all over him. Score!

The two remained lost in their own little world, with just one another for company. That was, until Carter set his utensils down and wiped his lips gingerly with the lace napkin on his lap. He looked up at Miles and he said almost timidly, "Miles, I need to tell you something."

"Are you pregnant?" Miles asked with his usual jovial and good humored nature.

"No, I..." Carter hen realized what he had said and he barked out a laugh, "No!"

Miles stressed, "Because if what my mom said to me as a boy is true, if it hasn't happened  by now then it's not going to!"

"Miles..." Carter's eyes were closed but he was chuckling, trying not to laugh aloud so as to disturb the other diners on the rooftop. He then looked up at Miles and was just filled with a strong sense of warmth as Miles's deep, blue eyes gazed into his own.

"I'm sorry." Miles shook his head, his serious side taking over. "Go ahead. Is something wrong?"

"No, in fact, everything is perfect." Carter admitted. "I had another session with Doctor Delacore before we left Vegas..." Carter having also accidentally confided to Miles that he had been in therapy for months. A fact that Miles had already known, having been told from the very start by Joanna, Carter's now-estranged mother. Miles was personally relieved at this little slip, because not only did he have to hide the fact, but it saved Carter's mom from any possible ramifications if Carter had discovered she had told him.

"And...?" Miles prodded gently.

"And..." Carter said. "... Something came up, that I wanted to talk to you about."

"Here?" Miles brought a lone brow up. "Now?"

"Seemed the right time," carter thought for a moment before adding, "And the perfect place."

Carter waited for a moment to gather his thoughts before he started to say, "The subject of our living arrangement came up, and how my doctor said that we're living together as opposed to my just being your guest until I can get my own place. She brought up how I've been staying with you since last year, even before you and I got together. And how I sold the loft and could easily afford a place but... but I haven't even tried to start looking. How we adopted Ms. Thang..."

"Carter..." Miles swallowed a growing lump forming in his throat, setting his glass down. This was a sensitive topic for Miles, one in which he confided only to, of all people, his friend Kristjan aka Fenris. "... What is it that you're trying to say?" Almost afraid of the answer.

Carter looked down at his place to gather what fleeting courage he was feeling in the heat of the moment before he looked up to his man and he confessed, "Miles, I don't want to leave."

"If that's how you feel I'll..." Miles blinked, unsure if he heard correctly. "Wait, what?"

"I know I should." Carter said. "Or at least, I feel like I should. It's your place, your sanctuary. I noticed you haven't been to New York since I started staying with you and somehow I just feel like I'm intruding..."

"Carter-Carter!" Miles interrupted his boyfriend's emotional ramblings, startling him and reaching over to clasp a hand on the back of his own. Miles waited until Carter looked up and et his eyes before Miles confessed with a shake of the head, "I don't want you to leave, either."

"You don't?"

Miles shook his head, "I know you talked about getting a place, and I felt like you needed your own space and I tried to respect that. It's why I never tried talking you out of moving. But... the selfish part of me wants you to stay. With me."

"Really?" The ache in Carter's heart slowly subsided as the smile of genuine love and affection grew on his lips.

"Really." Miles answered as he gave Carter's hand a squeeze, leaning in to give him a soft kiss on the lips, ignoring any attention this act between two men might draw their way. Miles leaned back just enough to look into Carter's eyes and say, "It's your home too."

"Well, fate has a way of turning things around, doesn't it? Just a handful of weeks ago, I was lamenting over the fact how in my past several matches, I seemed to be coming out on the short end of the proverbial stick. I dropped several matches to Peter Vaughn in trying to earn a shot at his championship. I cost my best friend Ariana a chance at the Mixed Tag Team titles - although I take some solace in the fact Vaughn had to cheat to beat me in that instance. And I just felt like overall, I was not giving the higher ups in SCW much of a reason to keep me around, let alone book me in anything more high profile than a card filler match."

"And then, things started to turn around and I actually have Jaycee MacDonald to thank for that. Because if it wasn't for him, neither one of us would have ended up on one of the 'Big Three" Supercard events, namely Summer XXXTreme. He took me up on my open challenge and that's when I knew I had to turn things around. That is when I had to take Fate and tell them that I was no longer going to be her whipping bitch. I was going to take charge and I was going to walk off of that ship a winner, and give everyone a reason to remember my name. And -- I did exactly that! I won that match against Jaycee. And taking nothing away from that man, because he gave me one of my best matches in recent memory. And like he said on social media, yes. I'd love to do it again sometime. But that's the future, and today is the present. And what I have laying ahead of me is going to require my full attention because Ari and I? We have the Barnharts!"

"And that is where I wonder if I might have pissed Fate off personally because my BFF has been down on herself lately, having been going through a run of bad luck, much like I had. And while I won at Summer XXXTreme, my Ari couldn't say the same and she just hasn't been the same since. That is why this match is so important. It's not just because the standings in the mixed tag division could be a factor in whoever comes out on top in this match. It's because Ari needs this now as much as I needed the win against Jaycee two weeks ago."

"And while I am pretty certain that Ari can and will handle Bea Barnhart and do so easily, the same can't exactly be said for me because I have the Bulldog standing down against me, and people can say whatever they want about the man. He might not be very likeable and his promos might sound like a CNN news broadcast, but when he's in that ring, there are VERY few more physically imposing. I should know because he and I did have one go around -- just one. And that man beat me from pillar to post, rookie against a juggernaut of a ring general veteran. But I got the win. I don't know how the hell I managed it and I am not about to lie openly and try to convince the world that I was always going to win because I was his better in any and every way. I simply went out there and gave it my all. I showed the big, bad Bulldog that despite appearances, I could take the fight to him. But as for the how...? Well here's the truth. I really DON'T remember how I managed it. The man scrambled my brain like eggs with the beating he laid on me, and all I could do is fight out of pure instinct. I got the win then... and now?"

"It's time for a repeat performance, Bulldog Bill Barnhart. I won't tell anyone out there that this will be a simple matter of my putting you own like an aging dog. I know the fought in you is going to drive you because you want this win for you and your wife, just as much as I want the win for Ariana and myself. I know that the champions are going to be watching this one, and I would like to think that Ben Jordan and Sammi Marlowe will be as well because maybe, just maybe -- Ari and I will be facing off against whoever wins that inevitable clash for the titles."

"So Bulldog, you can come out here and tell everyone about the most minute moments of your lives together with Bea, it won't make much of a difference in the end. You can showcase to the world the undying romance between your dog and Vinnie's cactus, like some really bad sitcom moment from the 1980s, and people won't even blink. You can talk to the camera like you're reading Shakespeare off of a TelePrompTer, and people won't listen. Because all respect aside, the SCW Universe knows which way this match is going. Bea can live in her constant state of denial and try every dirty trick in the book, but Ari has her number. And you, Bulldog? I know from the moment you and I set foot inside of that ring, you're going to make life very unpleasant for me. But it isn't going to change the inevitable outcome. I'm going to come out on top. I'm going to get that win."

"And I begin again the path to control my own fate!"

"The bravest thing you can be is yourself."