Author Topic: My Time Is Now [BoG II RP 1]  (Read 838 times)

Offline Kevin Carter

• View Profile
    • Kevin Carter
My Time Is Now [BoG II RP 1]
« on: February 22, 2013, 11:24:12 PM »
 \'user

Blaze of Glory II is Sin City Wrestling’s next event and it’ll be coming to people live on pay per view. There are quite a few matches that have been booked for that event. One of the matches that are being talked about the most happens to be the Five Way Reverse Steel Cage match.

Rules are rather simple the first man that is able to climb the cage and get inside the ring to retrieve the briefcase that’ll be sitting on a table in the ring will be declared the winner. Here’s the perk to it all. Inside that briefcase is a contract that states the winner can have a shot at any male title on any show at any time they choose.

One could assume that’s going to be enough to drive certain superstars to go the extra mile. Those five superstars that are going to be battling it out for this once in a lifetime opportunity are Blade Alexander, Kevin Carter, Ace Baldwin, Argento, and the returning Tommy Staggs.

That’s going to make for an interesting match considering the fact that every single man in that match brings something new to the table. Every single one of them has their own style. Every single one of them has their own little ideas and thoughts about how things work. It’s going to be quite interesting to see all five of them mix it up.

That leaves just one question though, and that question being which one of them want it more? No doubt about it both Kevin and Ace are going to be ones that people tend to overlook due to them being the new guys. A lot of people are going to question whether or not they can hold their own with some of the biggest names SCW has ever produced.

At the same time though it is the perfect chance for the two of them to prove people wrong and it is their chance to prove that they belong. On the flip side to it all you’ve got Tommy Staggs whom without a doubt wants to make something out of his return. You’ve got Argento who wants to finally step out into the spotlight.

Then of course there’s Blade Alexander whom literally just had a shot at Spike Staggs SCW Heavyweight Championship in which he failed. No doubt this is a perfect opportunity to get him right back into that position. No matter what it comes down to which one of them wants it the most. Be sure to tune on March 3rd, 2013 to see which one of them leave with a victory.

----- ----- -----

NEVER AGAIN

Monday | February 18th, 2013 | 11:30 AM

We were just twenty four hours removed from Climax Control and I found myself back home in Los Angeles. Instead of enjoying a day in bed, instead of spending time with my daughter or my girlfriend, and instead of spending time doing something that was fun I had myself locked away in my personal gym inside my home.

I was laid flat back on my bench press and I was in the middle of doing some pretty heavy reps. I was all about pushing myself to the limits and beyond them. I had quite the sweat going on as I was feeling the burn. About the time I finished my reps and sat up I was met with the familiar face of my girlfriend.

AMY MARSHALL
Well how did I know I was going to find you down here?

KEVIN CARTER
Where else would I possibly be after an embarrassing loss like last night? I have to bounce back.

AMY MARSHALL
Are you still upset about last night? Kevin, it was a minor setback. You seem to forget you haven’t been in the ring in five years. You’re still getting the rust off and working out the kinks so to speak. Ace beating you doesn’t mean much.

KEVIN CARTER
Five years away from the ring or not… the fact is Ace should have never beaten me. He’s garbage in the ring. He’s overhyped and overrated. He is no way in any shape better than me but now he has a victory over me and worse of all it’s a submission victory. Do you understand that’s the first time in my entire career I have been forced to tap out?!

AMY MARSHALL
Okay first of all Kevin, you don’t need to yell at me. All I am trying to do is help you and get you to understand it’s nothing more than a minor setback. Second of all, I understand that it is the first time you’ve suffered a loss like this and yes it sucks but you are better than this. Ace got lucky, we both know it and I’m sure everyone else in SCW knows it as well. And finally, I came down here to tell you some good news. Well at least in my opinion it’s good news. I found out you’ll be booked at the pay per view, Blaze of Glory II.

My attention went to semi on her to being completely on her. It’s like she was dangling a piece of meat in front of me when I was starving. I had to know what this ‘good news’ she had found out and I knew it wasn’t going to take much to get it out of her.

KEVIN CARTER
So, what’s the match? Let me guess it’ll be some kind of rematch between Ace and I? I’m sure the dickheads running the show loved me losing so much they want to see it again.

AMY MARSHALL
C’mon now Kev, you’re just being silly, but yes it is a bit of a rematch with you and Ace only thing is it won’t be just the two of you in the ring. You, Ace, Blade Alexander, Argento, and Tommy Staggs are going to fight each other in a Reverse Steel Cage.

KEVIN CARTER
What the fuck is a reverse steel cage? And what the hell could be the point? Seriously it sounds stupid for someone to want to climb in the cage rather than climb out of one.

AMY MARSHALL
Eh, well from what I have gathered the five of you will fight on the outside. The first person that is capable of climbing the cage, getting into the ring, and retrieving the briefcase that’s sitting in the middle of the ring will be declared the winner. Good news is the person that gets that briefcase will officially have a title shot for any male title that they choose on any show at any given point they want. Think about it Kev, you win and you’ve got a future Heavyweight Title shot just three matches into your return to wrestling.

For a second or two Kevin just sat there mowing over the idea and the possibility of what the future awaited him. That was a big deal and pretty surprising to say the least that he found himself in such a position so early on his career. Well the good thing was he wasn’t going to let that opportunity slip through his fingers.

KEVIN CARTER
Ace… got lucky once. He isn’t going to get lucky again.

AMY MARSHALL
Huh?

KEVIN CARTER
Just what I said, the prick got lucky once before. He got me when I least expected it and I may have underestimated him at that moment but it was all luck. He isn’t going to be so lucky this next time. No way in hell is that little bitch going to become champion before I do. I refuse to allow that to happen.

AMY MARSHALL
Well that’s great babe, and I believe you but take into consideration this match isn’t just about the two of you. There’s three other people involved that have the same exact goal. Make sure you don’t just put your attention on one person. It could cost you in the end and we don’t want that.

KEVIN CARTER
Those three aren’t any concern of mine. They are irrelevant as hell and won’t pose any kind of threat to me in that ring. Ace on the other hand the shit is personal now and when shit gets personal I take it to a whole new level. The prick has no fucking idea what is coming his way and neither do any of the others for that matter.

At that point I laid back against the bench press and reached up grabbing a hold of the bar. I lifted the bar up off its resting point and started to lift it up and down once again. Working out was my only release besides fucking Amy when I was frustrated. I wouldn’t let last night’s loss go at least not until I had avenged it and it seemed like I had that chance in two weeks. There wasn’t a chance in hell I was allowing myself to lose. Never again and I meant it.

----- ----- -----

MY TIME IS NOW
Saturday | February 23rd, 2013 | 4:00 PM

We were about a week before the big Blaze of Glory II event. I had spend most of my time in the gym. I had been preparing myself for this match that wasn’t too far away. I wanted nothing more than to win for the obvious reasons and I was going to make damn sure one way or another it happened. Made no difference to me who tried to stop me considering it’d be pointless on their part.

Today’s agenda though was to take the time to cut a promo and that’s exactly what I found myself doing right now. I had my camcorder set up outside the personal ring I stored in my basement. I leaned up against the ropes looking over at the cameras with a slight smirk on my face before beginning to speak.

KEVIN CARTER
Blaze of Glory II – the super card everyone is talking about. The night that so many things could happen and the night that the very fate of Sin City Wrestling could change. Well that’s all fine and dandy. People can worry about what could or couldn’t happen to the company. People can worry about this match or that match. They can have their attention wherever the hell they want to put their attention but my attention and my concern is on the Five Man Reverse Steel Cage match – because Blaze of Glory II is the night my career changes and the night my fate changes.

In the mind of everyone else they weren’t going to be too concerned about my fate or concerned with my career changing. Instead like I mentioned they were concerned with everything but me. It seems that most of SCW was still sleeping on me when in reality they shouldn’t be but soon enough I’d prove it to be a mistake.

KEVIN CARTER
It changes because sitting in the middle of that ring will be a briefcase that presents not only an opportunity for me, but it presents the entire world for me. I know that the moment I climb inside that cage and grab that briefcase I have a chance to face any male champion for their belt at any show and at any given point I want. Well it’s a no brainer I’m targeting the SCW Heavyweight Champion when I win.

I don’t think I’m the only one that has that thought in their head or that I’m the only one that’s going after that championship. I am almost positive every single man in that match was thinking the same thing but sadly enough for them that didn’t matter.

KEVIN CARTER
Notice how I said when I win and no that’s not a botch. That’s not a mistake or anything like that. I truly mean what I said I am going to win this match. I’m going to rise faster in the ranks of SCW than any other superstar has before and honestly who the fuck is going to stop me? The five men I’m in the ring with? Well let me go ahead and point out right now. There’s not a damn thing Blade Alexander, Ace Baldwin, Argento, and Tommy Staggs can do to stop me from the mission I’m about to embark on. You’ll all see when I’m a man on a mission there is no room for error.

I shook my head to the side a little bit. I was not letting this chance slip through my fingers. I wasn’t going to come up short. I wasn’t going to lose my chance to make history in such a short time and I was going to make damn sure it all took place no matter what it took and no matter how far I had to go.

KEVIN CARTER
Out of all the men involved the one man I can’t stand is Ace Baldwin. You see, you managed to do something that no man has ever done in the time I have been in this business. You made me tap out in the middle of the ring. You managed to beat me, and while I know you aren’t better than me. While I know that you got lucky – the fact I tapped out is going to stick out like a sore thumb. It is all I have thought about for days and now that I’ve got you in another match. I’m making you pay.

I’m sure you are real proud of yourself and I’m sure the moment this little shoot is released to the public you’re going to have yourself one hell of a laugh. You’ll think it’s all fun and games. You’ll be so proud of yourself that you actually got under my skin that much that I have obsessed about that one thing. Truth be told though Ace the moment you see me there at ringside. That moment I punch you dead in your mouth. The moment I knock your damn teeth out, you’re going to find out it isn’t a laughing matter.

I’m a firm believer in what I said last week Ace. You’re nothing more than a bunch of hype an you are clearly overrated. You might have everyone else fooled. You might have everyone else believing your bullshit. You haven’t fooled me and you will never convince me of a damn thing. Trust Ace, there’s not a chance in hell I’m letting your evil deed go punished and I’d much rather risk my entire career than let you ever have a chance at becoming champion before me. I just hope you’re ready for the hell that’s coming your way.

I nodded just a little bit. I knew that Ace was going to be stupid enough to blow it off and I knew he was going to be stupid enough to write me off considering he beat me once before but that was going to prove to be his biggest mistake to date. I was a man of my word and I was going to deliver.

KEVIN CARTER
Now from what I hear and the way people are acting is I’m supposed to be impressed by the fact that Tommy Staggs has decided to return. People are acting like it’s a big deal. People are acting like he’s on some second coming type bullshit and act like his presence in the match is meant to mean something. Well, while everyone believes that and while everyone is prepared for Tommy to do something special. I’m prepared to make him see his time frame for a return was a really bad idea on his end.

I’m not in this company or in this match to play second to anyone, especially not someone from the Staggs family. You see being a Staggs has done nothing but put Tommy in an even worse spot than he already was in with me. Let’s just say I don’t like it when people are in a position that they shouldn’t be in. I don’t like it when someone is determined and said to be better than me due to the spot that they are in. That’s the case with the SCW Heavyweight Champion and it pisses me the hell off to no end.

Now considering I can’t do shit to the champ at this moment, what’s the next best thing than by smacking around one of his family members? I’m not sure what you want to accomplish. I’m not even sure what you think you’re going to accomplish Tommy. But what you need to know is this. I’m the new kid on the block and I’m going to be the one that’s running the show from here on out. I’m the one that’s calling the shots and the shot I’m calling at Blaze of Glory II is simply what I said early. I’m winning the match. It’s in your best interest to shut the hell up and take the beating that’s coming to you. It goes by easier that way.

I didn’t know much about Staggs but I knew where he came from and what he was related to that was more than enough for me to kick his teeth in. I wanted to make sure people saw how serious I was and I wanted to make sure people saw my points. Failure was not an option for me. Never has been and never will be.

KEVIN CARTER
I won’t lie it pisses me the hell off that Blade Alexander is even in this match. What the hell made the people running the show think he deserved this opportunity? He had his chance at the SCW Heavyweight Championship and what happened? He failed and he failed big time. So what does this company do? They put him in another position where he could get a title shot when he already lost once? When he doesn’t deserve it? Is that how things are run around SCW they give chances and opportunities like this to losers?

Well, regardless of what I believe and regardless if I think SCW is stupid for putting him in this spot. I have to deal with it and deal with it I shall. You see Blade, I am going to show you what happens when you step into the ring with a man that knows what it takes to get the job done. I’m going to show you what it is like to be in the ring with someone that has the tools to win the big one. I’ll show you what its like to be in the ring with someone that has all the tools in the world to win the Heavyweight Championship.

Sure, it’ll piss you off and sure it’s going to upset you. I know that you’ll try and stop me from making you look like a jackass. I am sure the moment that you realize you can’t beat me. You’ll try and jack my style for further matches. You’ll do whatever you can to try and progress around here. Truth is though it’ll continue to blow up in your face because there’s only one of me and my skills only work for me. Though, I assure you when I knock your lights out and I go on to do what you can’t do. I’ll give you a shout out.

I chuckled a little bit like the true smartass I was. Let’s face it shall we? I knew how to get under the skin of people. I knew how to piss them the hell off and this time wasn’t going to be any different. I just loved watching people be so bothered by my words.

KEVIN CARTER
Don’t think I forgot about you Argento because I haven’t. If anything out of everyone in this match I could see you as the person that poses a legit threat. Not a big enough threat to where you could beat me or where you will beat me but I could see you holding your own out there. I can’t ignore the fact you’ve made something out of yourself compared the rest of us. You know what it’s like to hold championship gold and I have no doubt in my mind you want to pull it off again.

Thing is though, you’ve had your chance to be at the top. You’ve had your chance to hold gold and you’ve had your chance to be someone – but you lost that chance. You lost that chance when you lost the belt just like you lost that chance when you were put in the ring with me. You lost the chance to reclaim any kind of glory, at least on this one night. I don’t give a rats ass what you think might happen and you can try as hard as you possibly want till your blue in the face. It won’t change a damn thing.

I’ll be shutting that shit down real quick and I get it. I get that I’m just the new kid and I get that you don’t take anything I say to heart. You’ll probably be stupid enough to laugh it off and not bother to pay attention to a single word that comes out of my mouth. You’ve got that right but at the same time though you’re going to end up making yourself look stupid. In the end you’re going to regret it and in the end you’re going to wish to god that you had listened to me because Blaze of Glory II will be a night that doesn’t end well for you or any of the others for that matter.

I looked right at the cameras and nodded my head just a tad bit. It was going to be a long night for all of us and I know all of them expected to win. I know they all expected me to fall on my face and prove none of my words to be true but they really had no idea what the hell was coming their way. The element of surprise and I loved every minute of it.

KEVIN CARTER
I made it clear on the day I stepped into Sin City Wrestling, I am here to be the best. I am here to further my legacy and I am here to take this company by storm. I don’t give a damn who I’m against. It could be these five or the entire fucking company for all I can. One by one they are all going to end up falling. One by one they are going to end up being defeated. One by one, I’ll prove that I can out best them at any given moment and they have to deal with it.

But for now that’s just talk. For now, I’m the laughing stock and for now no one bothers to believe anything I have to say. Again that’s fine and that’s on them because it’s them that’s setting themselves up for failure. Mark my words though, I will climb that steel cage. I will get in that ring and I will claim that briefcase. Once I have done that then I’m going to go on and take the SCW Heavyweight Championship that belongs to me. Because my time is now. I am the Main Attraction and I approve this message.

On that note I got out of the ring and walked over shutting my camera off. I’d have to run upstairs and make sure this got emailed to SCW.com to make sure it ended up being put on their website. I was in no rush though as it wasn’t a matter of words. It was a matter of doing what you do in the ring. In a week’s time we were going to find out who were men and who were little boys. We’d find out just which one of us could hang and pull it in the big one. As far as I was concerned it was going to be me and there was no other outcome to take place.

----- ----- -----

BLAST FROM THE PAST
Monday | February 18th, 2013 | 11:30 AM

I found myself sitting in my office chair in Los Angeles as I looked across my desk to see the man sitting in front of me. The last time I had saw Michael Hickenbottom or to the wrestling world, Shawn Michaels is when I kicked him in the mouth to put him into retirement. It was quite the blast from the past to say the least.

MICHAEL HICKENBOTTOM
It’s been a long time Kevin. Almost too long don’t you think?

KEVIN CARTER
Too long since I kicked your ass? Yeah, I believe it has been too long, but ya know my mother always taunt me to be nice to the elderly so it doesn’t look like I’ll have that chance ever again. Darn you old folks for getting old.

MICHAEL HICKENBOTTOM
I can tell you still think you’re funny… but that’s not the point of this meeting between us. I wanted to meet with you because I think I can help you out for that match you have coming up on Sunday.

KEVIN CARTER
What the hell makes you think I need help? Let alone your help, I think I did fine years ago when I dominated WWER and when I made you my bitch on more than one occasion.

MICHAEL HICKENBOTTOM
See Kevin, that’s just the thing. You are still stuck in 2007 for whatever reason. You aren’t that guy anymore. You aren’t in that company anymore. A lot of things have changed since then and I think you need to realize that if you want to progress in this little return of yours.

I sat there looking at him as I was becoming quite annoyed with him. Who the hell did he think he was? Who the hell was he to tell me anything? Who in the hell was he to judge me? This guy I had kicked the crap out of more times than I could even begin to count. I didn’t need him or his stupid ass advice but per usual he had to have his input on everything. So much in fact he started to run his mouth before I could even begin to say anything back. Typical of him though, he thought his opinion  was the only one that mattered. No wonder why I kicked his ass al the time.

MICHAEL HICKENBOTTOM
You are three matches into your return and you’ve got yourself quite the opportunity lying before you, but I don’t see you making much of that opportunity with the attitude you continue to present yourself with. You lost to Ace Baldwin when you should have one. You used to eat guys like him alive back in the day but this attitude and this ego put you in a position where you underestimated him and you lost. That same ego is going to continue heading into this match and it’ll lead to another loss if you don’t hear me out.

KEVIN CARTER
Okay first of all Michael, there’s nothing wrong with my ego. I have been this way since day one and it has never been a problem. This ego led me to beat you for the World Championship and to put you into retirement. This ego let me go undefeated for the longest time. This ego has made me one of the biggest names in this business, and it isn’t going to fail me now. Second of all, Ace got lucky. Simple as that, and finally I know what I’m doing. I got this match in the bag.

MICHAEL HICKENBOTTOM
Do you though? You’re in a match with someone that’s beat you already. It makes no difference whether it was luck or not. Fact is he still beat you. Then there’s three others that you’ve got to worry about as well. Three men that you’ve never faced before. Three others that have success on more than one occasion. Three men that are going to have the same goal you do and they’ll do anything to get there. It’s not a walk in the park Kevin. You need to wake up and smell the coffee.

KEVIN CARTER
I have woken up Michael. I woke up months ago when I started to prepare for this return. I woke up when I signed my name on the dotted line. I woke up the moment I walked through the doors of Sin City Wrestling. I woke up the moment I stepped back in that ring and realized this is where I belong.

I was more awake than I had been in years. I realized that I should have never left this business behind. I should have stuck around and I should have dominated. Had I done that these weak ass people running around the business today wouldn’t exist let alone be in the spot they are in.

KEVIN CARTER
Here’s the deal though old man. I think it is you that needs to wake up and smell the coffee. I never had a problem back in the day and I’m not having a problem now. Ace got lucky but he won’t get lucky again. Blade Alexander is someone that can’t close in the big one. Tommy Staggs choose the wrong time to return. Argento wrong place, wrong to try and get some glory back to his name, ya see I’ve got it all planned out. Am I egotistical? Damn right, but confidence is the key old man or have you forgotten that?

MICHAEL HICKENBOTTOM
Confidence is the key to success, I haven’t forgotten about that Kevin. Take into consideration I have been in this business a lot longer than you have. I have seen more and I have been through more. With that being said there’s a fine line between being confident and being egotistical. You’re egotistical and that’s going to provide a huge problem for you Calvin. Just because you see your opponents as a non-threat doesn’t mean that’s how things truly are.

KEVIN CARTER
Really though? You of all people are going to speak to me about ego when you’re the one that turned your back on multiple partners to get ahead in this business? You’re the guy that was a part of the Montreal Screwjob where you screwed over one of the best in this business because he wouldn’t do business with you. It was always an ego thing with you Michael and you did whatever the hell you had to get ahead. I’m doing the same thing – just on a better scale so don’t come at me with your bullshit. Like I said I know what I’m doing. I’ve got this in the bag. No room for failure I will leave with a victory.

MICHAEL HICKENBOTTOM
All of that stuff is in the past. I learned from the error of my ways. I learned it was better to not have an ego ad have respect for all people than to be that selfish person. I excelled more in my career and in my life with that outlook. In fact it was God that helped me learn that as I became a Christian. Trust me Kevin, I’m sticking my neck out on the line because I want to see you excel and this rate you’re going to crash and burn. I hope I can just get through to you before it’s too late.

KEVIN CARTER
Christian my fucking ass. You know what? You’ve done nothing but insult me and doubt me since you walked into MY office in a meeting YOU asked ME to have. Since you’re just going to be a disrespectful piece of shit. Why don’t you just take your ass on out of my office? But be sure to give my people a call on Sunday when you see me leave with a victory. I’d love to hear the apology and hear you admit that you were wrong – just like you were wrong back in the day. Now get the hell on before I have security come in here and toss you from my building.

I made it rather clear there was no reason for him to stay. I’d had it with his mouth and his judgmental character. At that point he stood up and walked right on out of my office closing the door behind him. If this was the game people wanted to play, If people doubted me, and if people thought my ego was too big to the point it would cost me the match. Then it was time for me to kick things up a notch. It was time for me to show the world that my ego was just fine and show the world that in the end I am always right.