Author Topic: Dominant From The Start  (Read 1169 times)

Offline The_Jackal

• View Profile
    • "The Jackal" Adam Smith
Dominant From The Start
« on: February 18, 2012, 11:36:42 PM »
 Let me ask you a question. Imagine if you will, you're a professional wrestler. Not just any wrestler, but a professional. A professional who has been wrestling for the better part of nine years; since 2003. You would assume you'd be famous, with people everywhere knowing who you are, and multiple title reigns on your resume.

But imagine then, if you didn't. Imagine being that wrestler, imagine having wrestled for those nine long years, and not being a household name. Imagine not being a world champion. Imagine that most of your success came from a company that used to be a global promotion and is now barely supporting itself. Imagine that the rest of your accomplishments came from a now defunct promotion. Sit back and think upon the fact that any other place you've been apart of, you've accomplished absolutely fuck all.

Bothersome, isn't it? It would hurt your pride, your dignity, and would make you insecure. It would make you angry, hateful, full of disdain for mostly everyone. If you can picture all of that, you've just managed to put yourself into the head of Adam Smith, aka The Jackal; a man who will be making his debut for SCW at the upcoming supercard "Blaze of Glory". The powers that be have seen fit to grant him right away, a contendership match for their Roulette Championship. All he needs to do is win a battle royal. All he needs to do is succeed. All he needs to do is hunt, like only he can.

There have been too many false starts. There have been too many times where he's barely started at all. This time around, The Jackal is looking to be dominant from the very start. If you can't figure it out, that's bad news for everyone involved.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Newfoundland. You go up to the glorious country of Canada, and this province is about as far east as you go. The capital city of the province. Saint John's, is about as far east as you can go in the province. And for years it's held the home of "The Jackal" Adam Smith, a man that some people say is the best man to never have held a World Championship. Not that he's never had the shot, but it continues to elude him to this day.

On this day however, we do find Adam inside of his home. This isn't a big fancy mansion. Despite the wealth he and his wife had, they always chose the same comfy middle class home. It was snowy and rainy, which was good because they hadn't planned on going outside anyway. He sits at his kitchen table with his wife, Christine. The two of them had been through so much, including a divorce and then getting married again. It's that sort of love that won't go away.

Christine, since she was not a full time wrestler at the moment, had taken up the position of Adam's agent. He was currently contracted to two promotions, but one only ran a show it seemed like once a month, and was filled with superstars who had been there before him. He was getting lost in the shuffle. The same with the other promotion. He was struggling to get to the top through the large sea of contracted superstars, and it was getting aggravating. Luckily though, she had a solution.

"The Jackal" Adam Smith: Okay, so what's your big idea then? You get me a contract to go work somewhere else alongside both of these promotions?

Christine Smith: Exactly. But this promotion doesn't have like fifty males on its roster, so you'll be able to stick out more. Plus it actually seems to have a show on a regular basis.

"The Jackal" Adam Smith: Hey now, don't come down on those places. I like working in both places, despite the flaws.

Christine Smith: Well, I now have you a contract for Sin City Wrestling. It's based out of Las Vegas, Nevada; it's been open for quite a while, has a decent sized roster, good competition, and regular cards.

This wasn't good at all. Smith knew the name of Sin City Wrestling. He knew that "he'd" be there. His old partner, the world famous wrestler Matt Matlock. He was on a roll there, some big shot. Smith didn't like this one bit. Everytime he ended up in the same promotion as Matlock, the two ended up crossing paths, and his old "friend" would steal his limelight.

"The Jackal" Adam Smith: No.

Christine Smith: What? Why not?

"The Jackal" Adam Smith: Because Matt will be there. I hate having to compete against that son of a bitch.

Christine Smith: Heh heh, you won't have to?

"The Jackal" Adam Smith: What do you mean?

Christine Smith: I know this is going to sound completely crazy, but there are in fact two promotions, both based out of Las Vegas, and they are both called Sin City Wrestling. Matt competes in the other promotion, I made sure of that. No, it's all you this time babe. And even better, it's part of the NeWA, which is based off of the old NWA. So you do well, you get notoreity enough to compete for the NeWA World Title. If that doesn't get you recognition, nothing will.

"The Jackal" Adam Smith: Now that sounds more like it. When do I start?

Christine Smith: You have your first match at their next Supercard, Blaze of Glory. You're against five other men with the winner getting a shot at the Roulette Championship, which is some sort of odd title where the type of match is in fact chosen by the spin of a Roulette Wheel.

"The Jackal" Adam Smith: Heh, now that sounds right up my alley. A perfect chance to get off on the right foot and show everyone in that place I mean business. I'd say there's no time like the present to speak my mind, wouldn't you agree?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Fade in on a simple scene, consisting of "The Jackal" Adam Smith standing in front of a black wall, while dressed in blue jeans and a white t-shirt. He's grinning and laughs out loud before he begins.

Ladies and gentlemen of Sin City Wrestling, the hunt is officially on. You now lay your eyes upon the official predator of the wrestling world; "The Jackal" Adam Smith. Now you might ask yourself, what is it I hunt? It's a simple question, with a simple answer. I hunt for success. That fair maiden, that mistress that has for SO LONG...eluded me. Time after time, match after match, I find some success. A tag team championship reign, a hardcore title reign, or a cruiserweight title reign. But none of that is sufficient. None of it good enough. I've never climbed the mountain, I was never able to stand there and say that I am the best in the company, or that I am the best in the world. Never. So that's my goal, ladies and gentlemen. That elusive success of mine is my quarry and I hunt it constantly. Now of course, anyone who gets in the way of that? Well, they have to be taken out as well. Someone's bound to get caught in the crossfire.

Right off the bat I'm in a match that's going to determine the number one contender for the SCW Roulette Championship. You take me, and you take five other men, and put us into a battle royal. So all I have to do is take five men and toss them over the top rope? No pinfalls, no submissions? Heh, easy enough. Especially considering who I'm up against. I mean look at this Bobby Cage guy. Some guy thinks he's all badass because he was in prison getting raped for sixteen years, because he was stupid enough to beat a man to death with a piece of wood. You think your impressive big shot? Not in the slightest. My name might not be 'Carlos' but I can still take your goddamned head off. Try me punk, I dare ya.

Then on the other side of the coin we have Brandon Meideros. Again some kid who thinks he's tough because he won a bunch of street fights. Trust me junior, I've only been in one real street fight in my career, and it probably meant more then any of the little victories you got. You're looking to be the best of all time, well that's fine and dandy. You can do that in a couple of years time once I've had my shot at greatness. Too many times I had to sit by and watch some young punkass like yourself get to the top. I'd sooner end your career then see you elevated over me. If you value your young career you should be backing off.

Who else? Well we have a man who won a gold star for being the "Hardest Worker" in his last promotion. Of course I'm talking about the big bad British douchebag, Prime Time Matthew Kennedy. This guy walks all over the place, acting all smug, again, thinking he's top shit. Why? Because he's from Britain and he finished wrestling school at the top of his class. La dee damned da kid. I didn't go to wrestling school, I got 'taken' to wrestling school, if you get my meaning. You play dirty because you're a coward, a yellow backed jackass who wouldn't know a wristlock from a wristwatch. If I have to play dirty, I do so because I have no other choice. You see because I have the balls to fight someone man to man. I don't have to hide behind a fancy nickname and tell people they're going to be cancelled. Although, if they keep putting you on the card, Climax Control is liable to get cancelled.

We got two contestants left now ladies and gentlemen. First off is OLD SKOOL! ....Yeah that's his name. Sorry but is that not the most dumb as shit name you could have come up with son? But hey, thanks for the kind words. I will "give it my best shot". Unfortunately for you Mr. "Sin-Sational", my best shot means tossing you over the ropes. Do your homework, go try to find some stuff on me. That's the only way you're gonna have an 'edge' over me.

And to the last we have Bo Dreamwolf. Now the reason I left him for last is the odd fact I really can't say anything too bad about this guy. I can't mock him like I did Old Skool because his name is actually rather uinque. He's not smug like 'Prime Time' and he doesn't appear to be any sort of coward. And this guy doesn't think he's top shit because of being in prison or winning a bunch of street fights. Part time teacher, part time wrestler, and a Native American at that. You see, it's guys like Bo Dreamwolf I can respect. Despite being a minority, he goes out and competes and enjoys it. Plus he has a second occupation in case he gets hurt. Lord knows I was never smart enough to do that. But make no mistake Bo. It's like I said earlier, I have been at this sport far too long to let a youngster get the better of me. Nine years is a long time to wait to be a recognized household name. I respect you, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to kick your ass and send you packing.

So that's that. Six men, all rookies to SCW, and looking to make their big impact. But as much as these give want to make an impact, it won't happen. I didn't come here to lose, I didn't come here to be overlooked. I came here to win. Right from the start, I'm planning on winning. Right from the start, I plan on becoming a contender. Right from the start, I will be dominant.

End promo.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 11:38:25 PM by The_Jackal »
user posted image