Author Topic: We beat the Rebels but now? We beat the champs!  (Read 287 times)

Offline Steve Ramone

• This message has been paid for and delivered by the champ the fa
    • View Profile
    • Steve Ramone
We beat the Rebels but now? We beat the champs!
« on: December 05, 2014, 10:33:11 PM »
 Steve and Connor defeated R.O.A.R. after Steve pinned Jeremiah after The Fearless Shot and despite a post-match attack by the three members of Power the two men were in prime position for a tag team title shot and they didn’t have to wait long to get one either.

This week Steve and Connor were challenging the Bossom Buddies for the SCW Tag Team Titles in the Main Event of Climax Control 101 which was taking place in San Jose, California, this is Steve’s second time competing in a Main Event since his open challenge during the Military Tour a couple of months ago that led to him getting a title match against Drake Green but will the second time be the charm?

A pub, London, England
December 5th, 2014, 17:00pm

Nothing like a nice cold beer to help get over the fact that your neck hurts like hell.

But that’s what I get for going with Jessie and the boys to London to see At the Gates live, what can I say? At The Gates is one of my favorite Death Metal bands, I love their new album and they kicked ass last night! We had a great time in the pit even if the openers and Tryptikon bored me to tears aside from the two Celtic Frost songs that they covered last night.

It’s also a great way to relax before a tag title match.

But I’ll get to that in a bit, right now I’m relaxing on one of the outside tables at a pub not far from the hotel that me, Jessie, Jake and Shane were staying at for the show, we weren’t leaving for San Jose until the following morning so I had some time to relax and chat with my wife on the phone.

“So how’s Sophie?” I asked as I took a sip from the drink. “She’s missing me? Tell her that I’m sorry but we only had enough money between us for four airplane tickets and that I’ll make sure that she comes to the Kreator show in a couple of weeks.” I responded to what Charlotte was saying with a frown on my face. “By the way, do you have any idea if Bloodstock’s made an announcement yet? The Wi-Fi at the hotel is practically non-existent and I haven’t been able to find an internet café anywhere, yeah, I know, those places are kind off redundant nowadays but still!”

“I can’t fucking believe it!” I heard Shane’s frustrated voice from across the street and I looked up, sure enough my traveling companions were walking down the street across the road from the pub. “Out of all the bands that could’ve announced as the Friday headliners they pick them?!” Oh, oh, doesn’t sound good

“Never mind, it seems that my traveling companions have found out.” I responded with a frown. “You gotta go? Okay, I’ll talk to you later.” I responded before ending the call and pocketing my IPhone. “Hey guys!” I called out to them and they looked up, they grinned a bit before crossing the street once they were sure that the coast was clear and joining me at the table. “So what’s the damage report from the At the Gates show?”

“Some bruises, sore necks, the usual.” Jessie shrugged her shoulders before they joined me at the table. “I got an e-mail confirming that the tickets for the Kreator show are waiting for us back home so we’ll be stopping by Vegas between now and Climax Control to grab the tickets.”

“Great! Since we ordered our tickets at the same time the same can probably be said for my tickets.” I responded with a grin whilst making sure to ask Charlotte to check for me. “So, I heard what Shane said just now.” I added and they frowned. “Then again he was speaking so loudly that he probably could’ve been heard from within Buckingham Palace, what’s up?”

“The good news is that Sabaton is playing Bloodstock again.” Jake responded and I grinned at that. “The bad news is that they are the Special Guests of the Friday Night Headliner and the headliner’s Trivium.” Jake added and I……oh god damn it.

“Trivium? That band hasn’t put out a decent album since The Crusade!” I responded as I shook my head. “And even then it’s a pretty blatant Metallica rip-off! Did they announce anyone else or is that it?”

“They announced a band called Agalloch as well.” Jake responded and I looked at him strangely. “I’ve never heard of them either but according to the e-mail I got from Bloodstock they are from Portland, Oregon and they play “Dark Folk Metal”.”

“I’ll check them out! I mean I had never heard of Evil Scarecrow before Bloodstock 2014 and their set made me an instant fan!” I responded with a shrug. “Who knows? Maybe the same can be said for that band!”

“I hear you but it looks like we’ll be spending another Friday in the Sophie Tent.” Shane responded as he shook his head. “How did Bloodstock go from Emperor, Megadeth and, to a lesser extent, Down to Trivium, Within Temptation and Rob Zombie in the space of a year?”

“You do realize that your talking to the guy who uses a Within Temptation song as his theme music, right?” I asked and Shane shook his head. “Hell, isn’t Jake into Symphonic Metal?”

“I am but I’m more into Black Metal.” Jake responded as he shook his head. “And besides, if you ask me, Within Temptation hasn’t made a good album in years.”

“Look, regardless of what you think of the headliners, there’s two things your forgetting, number one: they are balancing out the more commercial acts with bands like Cannibal Corpse, DTA, Armored Saint, Dark Angel, Nuclear Assault and way to many bands to count.” I pointed out as I took another sip. “Not to mention that we’re barely a few days into December and Bloodstock’s in August so there’s still plenty more bands for them to announce! My second point is that when it comes to metal festivals it’s about the music and having fun.”

“He’s right and besides, like you said, we can always skip the headliners by going to the Sophie Tent.” Jessie added and the boys reluctantly nodded, after a few minutes they stood up. “Anyway, we’re off back to the hotel, if you want to check Twitter and stuff there’s a café a bit further down the street with much better Wi-Fi than the Hotel.”

“Jess, an iceberg has better Wi-Fi than the hotel.” I pointed out and they laughed. “But I’ll take your word for it, for now I have a promo to do for the tag title match.”

“Good luck in that match let’s bring both Tag Team Titles to NXT!” Jessie responded and I responded with a grin and the metal horns which she returned before they made their way back to the hotel, now that I was alone I decided that it was time I started my promo.

“The rebellion has been quelled, it may have been televised but it was put down just as easily as it was televised, okay, enough jokes about the fact that me and Connor defeated Rebels on a Rampage last week at Climax Control 100! This week we hope to continue our winning streak in epic fashion by dethroning the long reigning champs the Bossom Buddies!”

First up is Big B.

“Big B, when I first started watching SCW you were one of Nick Jones’s stooges, basically there to make sure that he kept his hands on the title, and now look at you! Your one half of the SCW Tag Champs with Despayre! However that reign will be coming to an end soon! You may be big and strong but you know who else is big and strong? Both members of Rebels on a Rampage and I got the pin on one of them!”

Next up is Despayre.

“Now we go from the big strong man to the small, not so strong man, Despayre! Now I know I’ve had my problems with the Sins before, mostly Gabriel and Rage when I make fun of the big guy on Twitter, but hopefully we can set that aside and have a great match! I don’t know what the Players Club’s game is but I’m willing to bet that they went the tag titles that you and Big B have, well I’m sorry to disappoint both you and the Players Club but at the end of the day the Tag Titles are coming home to NXT!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“The Bossom Buddies have held the tag titles for a good while now but I know as well as anyone that no title reign lasts forever! Big B may have the brawn and Despayre may have the smarts but in the end they’ll be new champions by night’s end because there’s nothing to fear but fear itself and there’s no one to fear but “The Fearless One” Steve Ramone!”

I finished my drink and went back to the hotel as the scene fades.
user posted image