Author Topic: Thanksgiving with the Jones'  (Read 290 times)

Offline Nick Jones

• View Profile
    • Nick Jones
Thanksgiving with the Jones'
« on: December 05, 2014, 10:04:23 PM »
 The scene opens up on Thanksgiving Day inside of the Los Angeles, California home of former SCW Champion Nick Jones and his entourage, which of course features one half of the loveable SCW Teag Team Champion Bosom Buddies, Bernard "Big B" Jones.  With the house decorated for the holiday, the familiar group of Nick and his entire entourage are all sitting around, although Big B does not seem to be within the camera view at this time.  The group is in the midst of a conversation as they continue on.

Tony:  So I don't get it... what da frig happened anyway?  First you's said we's gonna be leaving town today, then we's gonna be stayin' here, now you's saying we's got otha' people coming over?

Nick:  Listen Tony, it's not that complicated.  My aunt, B's mom, has been nagging me to come out to visit for the longest time.  So she invited us to come out for Thanksgiving and insisted on welcoming all of you along as well, which is where this all started.  But the truth is, given what a pain in the ass it is to travel this time of year, not to mention the SCW bookings we've got, I managed to convince her to come out here, so that's where they're out.

Max:  So is it just Big B's mother that is coming out, or her father too?

Nick:  Actually it's apparently going to be the whole damn family.  They actually originally said they were going to come in a couple of days ago, but never showed up.  I have no idea what the hell happened.

At that very moment, Nick's phone can be heard beeping and he quickly pulls it out and takes a look at it, not being able to help chuckling as he reads something off of the screen.

Nick:  Timing is everything I suppose.  I just got a text from them saying they'll be here in just a few minutes.  Apparently they ended up driving in because, as they put it, "the plane never came to pick us up."

Nick simply shakes his head and laughs as he puts his phone back away.

Jimmy:  Wow Nicky, seems like we know where B gets that intelligence of his from.

Nick:  What?  You mean his parents?  No, not in the least.  That was his brother that texted me.

In response to this, the entire entourage looks surprised and all respond in unison.

Entourage:  Brother?!?

Tony:  I ain't know B had no friggin' brother.

Nick:  Oh, it's not just ONE brother... B's got three of them.  And I'll warn you all in advance, amongst his family, Big B is not even close to know as the dumb one.

A smirk comes across Diana's face as she looks to Nick and responds.

Diana:  Yeah, I had always kind of suspected that.

Nick does not say a word, but simply gives an angry glare in Diana's direction, as the rest of the entourage all nervously take step back from the circle they were all standing in as the spoke.  After a few seconds of silence, Diana shoots a smile back in Nick's direction as she speaks again.

Diana:  I was just playing, honey.

Diana then leans in and gives Nick a quick peck on the cheek.  Nick looks at her a bit suspiciously, until eventually turning back to the rest of the group, and glaring at them all as he then fires back with a bit of an annoyed tone in his voice.

Nick:  To clarify, that would be that his immediate family.. or at least amongst those brothers of his, he'd actually be considered, and I can't imagine I'm even saying this... kind of the "smart" one.

Max:  I cannot believe that Big B has three brothers that we never knew about.

Tony:  Forget dat, I can't friggin believe dey somehow even dumber den he is.

Nick: Well it's true, as hard as that may be to believe.  Although just one other warning for you, outside of being dumber than B, his bothers are also...

Nick doesn't even get to finish his thought, as he is interrupted by the ringing of the door.  This grabs his attention as he turns and looks towards the door for a moment before addressing the group.

Nick: That must be them, let me grab that.

Nick then turns and walks away, leaving the rest of the group very anxious in regards to Nick's incomplete warning about B's brothers.  Nick then goes to walk towards the entry foyer to answer the door, and the rest of the entourage immediately follows in that direction, talking amongst themselves in the meanwhile.

Jimmy:  So D, baby, have you ever even met these brothers of Big B?

Diana:  Well let me respond to this with a question of my own, outside of his relationship with Big B, have you ever seen Nick express even the slightest bit of interest in his family?

Diana looks to them, but simply receives a wall of silence in return, which eventually causes Diana to smile and nod at all of them.

Diana:  Exactly... so why would I have ever met them?  Frankly, I have no idea what Nick's other warning was about, so I'm just as curious as all of you.

The group continues to follow Nick as he approaches the front door and then opens it up.  Before anyone can even be seen by the cameras, the door opening immediately picks up the sound of a group of men screaming out in unison.

Group of Men:  Cuz!!

With the response making it clear that these men are quite clearly the aforementioned brothers of brother's of Big B, and they all immediately filing into the home.  As they all walk in, the sight of this men catches the group off guard and makes it quite apparent what Nick's other warning is going to be.  As, one by one, Big B's brothers file into the room, each of them bigger then the one before them, all absolutely humungous and and each of them towering over their brother B, who has still not yet been seen.

Nick:  Hey guys!  Glad you would make it.  Everyone, these are Big B's brothers, Christian, Mark and Erik.

Diana:  Wait... you're kidding, right?

Nick cannot help but chuckle at Diana's realization about the significance of those names before responding.

Nick:  Believe it or not, I'm really not.  Yeah I know, it's quite humorous.  Trust me, I chuckle to myself about it quite regularly when dealing with our so-called "bosses".

Tony opts to ignore this particular conversation, but instead addresses B's brothers directly.

Tony:  You's whole set of guys is all pretty friggin' big, huh?

Erik:  Yeah, except for that little shrimp brother of ours B, where's he at anyway?

Nick:  He's upstairs, the "little shrimp" should be down in just a minute.

The rest of the entourage cannot help but laugh at the idea of B being considered the small one, but laughter only seems to confuse B's brothers.

Mark:  What's so funny?

Nick:  Nothing, it's just to this crowd the idiot of B being considered particularly small is a somewhat amusing concept.

Jimmy:  Yeah baby, your parents must be absolute giants to produce a bunch of kids like this, huh?

Nick:  Actually, it's funny that you say that.

Just a moment later, with the front door still open, a woman who have to be assumed as Big B's mother comes walking into the door, but she is actually surprisingly small, coming in at under 5 feet tall in height, while carrying a turkey that is nearly twice the size she is.  Nick sees this and immediately rushes over to his aunt, pulling the turkey from her arms as he turns back to his cousin and gives them an angry stare while snapping at them with his comments.

Nick:  What the hell are you three doing?  None of you could help her with this damn turkey?  The thing is bigger than she is!

Christian:  She said the other day she would take care of the turkey!

Nick:  She was talking about COOKING the turkey, not carrying it.

Nick passes the turkey off to Tony, who heads to the kitchen with it as Nick rolls his eyes as he mumbles under his breath.

Nick:  Idiots.

Just a moment later, lugging a set of various different luggage pieces is a man who could only be assumed as the father of B and his brothers, and yet he also is fairly small, measuring in at about 5'4.

Nick:  Hey! Let us help you with that.

Nick grabs the bags before immediately passing them off to, of all people, Max.  Who struggles to grab them and carry / wheel the various different bags off out of the room in some other direction.

Nick:  So that should be everyone now... guys, this is my uncle.

Diana:  Hi Mr. Jones.

B's Dad:  Actually, that would be Dr. Jones.

The look of shock over the groups face is quite clear, as they all immediate turn and look at Nick.

Max:  Doctor?  Really?

Nick laughs at this response, although clearly understanding their surprise given the apparent stupidity of Dr. Jones' sons.

Nick:  Yes indeed, my uncle is actually a professor of microbiology.

Diana:  Wow, that's... impressive.

Dr. Jones:  Oh, it's nothing really, but thank you.  I'm just happy to be working in a field where I feel I can make a true difference.  Although enough about me, where exactly is that bright little bulb of mine?

Diana:  Bright little bulb?  I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.

Dr. Jones:  My youngest of course... Bernard.  Or, I'm sorry... "B" as I know he likes to be referred to these days.

Diana:  And he's the bright one, huh?

Dr. Jones:  Yes, indeed.

Dr. Jones then leans in towards Nick and Diana and whispers quietly enough that no one else can hear.

Dr. Jones:  Although to be quite clear, I am completely aware of the unfortunate lack of intelligence my sons all appear to have.

Diana:  Oh, well alright then.

Nick:  Although to answer your question, B has been spending all morning getting ready for you guys to show up.  He's upstairs now, but should be right down.

And in that moment, a very familiar voices is heard screaming out coming from upstairs.

Big B:  MOM! DAD! BROS!

The camera pans over to the stairs, to see Big B standing at the top before he quickly comes barreling down them.  B then leaps off of the steps once reaching near the bottom, and heading straight towards his brothers, with Christian seemingly effortlessly catching Big B and right into a big hug.

Christian:  Hey squirt!

The two stop hugging as Big B moves onto his next brother and embraces him in a huge as well.

Erik:  Hey runt!

They then let go as Big B moves over to embrace with the last of his brothers.

Mark:  Hey little B!

Now finished with his brothers, Big B moves onto his parents, first going over to his mother and bending down significantly to give her a huge, as she gives him a huge wet kiss on the cheek at the same time.

Mrs. Jones: Well hello there, it's so great to see you my sweet little Bernardalicious.

Big B seems thoroughly embarrassed by this as his cheeks turn red and he responses in a somewhat whiny tone.

Big B:  Moooooooooooommm!

Mrs. Jones: Sorry my dear, it's just been far too long, I can't help myself.

As he lets go of his mom, he then walks over to his dad, but the two are in no rush to embrace, although Big B looks to him excitedly as he calls out.

Big B:  Hey Dad!!

Dr. Jones smiles in his response, but simply reaches his hand out as he responds in a rather serious tone.

Dr. Jones:  Hello son.

At this point, both Tony and Max have returned to the entry foyer where they are all located and Nick chimes in again.

Nick:  Well now that that's all out of the way, and we all know who you guys are, let me introduce my... associates, or whatever you want to call them... to you guys.  To start, this is my girlfriend Diana.

Diana responds with the same snarky tone in her voice every time their relationship status is discussed.

Diana:  Yes, his LONG-TIME girlfriend.

Nick:  Yeah, yeah.  Anyway...  this is my agent Jimmy, my account Max, and let's call him my um... physical adviser... Tony.

Dr. Jones:  It's a pleasure to meet you all.

Mrs. Jones:  Yes indeed, although don't you have your own families to spend this lovely holiday with?

The group looks at each other, all seeming somewhat confused, as Nick is sure to interrupt before anyone else has to speak.

Nick:  Just do me a favor and try not to introduce any plot holes into this whole scenario, alright?

The entire group, including all of B's family and the entourage, seem very confused by this response from Nick.

Mrs. Jones:  What are you talking about?

Nick stops and looks directly into the camera for a moment, right at the audience, before turning back to the rest of the group.

Nick:  Never mind... don't worry about it.  Why don't we move into the living room and get a little more comfortable, alright?

Nick guides them in the direction of the living room and B's family are the first to head in that direction, with the entourage following behind.  Nick and Diana are the last ones to head in that direction, with Diana taking the opportunity to lean in towards Nick and quietly speak.

Diana:  At least they're only going to be here for one day, right?

Nick:  Actually, hate to have to break this to you, but they'll be here all weekend.

This comment draws a rather depressing sigh from Diana as Nick just looks to her and shrugs before they follow the rest of the group on, as the scene slowly fades.

<hr width=50%>

The scene fades back in later that night as the entire group of them are all seated around the dinner table, in the midst of their already ongoing Thanksgiving dinner.  The scene picks up in the midst of a conversation, which appears to have gone off into the topic of Nick and B's respective careers, which would of course be focusing on SCW.

Erik:  By the way, I was just trying to remember, what are the names of your guys' bosses again?

Mark:  I was wondering that too.  I know you guys have told us before, but I can never remember them.

Christian:  Yeah, me neither.

Before Nick can even respond, both Tony and Diana, who are sitting on either side of Nick at the table, each lean in towards him and mumbles.

Diana:  You mean to tell me that Erik, Christian and Mark cannot remember the name of SCW's three bosses?  You're kidding me, right?

Tony:  Jeez, how's friggin' stupid is dese guys, huh?

Nick just looks back and forth at them both before just letting out a sigh and mumbling in response.

Nick:  Let's not even get into that, alright?  Just let it go.

Nick then turns his attention back towards his cousins as he responds.

Nick:  Actually, it just so happens that the respective names of the SCW bosses are Mark, Christian, and Erik.  What a funny coincidence, right?

Mark:  Why is that a coincidence?

Nick:  Well because... never mind.  So how has everything been going with you guys?

Erik:  Not too bad.  Every now and then things get a little crazy, but if I'm feeling two bad I just remind myself that I'm at least not the runt of the family.

Despite not directly referencing him, it is clear that his comments are directed at Big B, who does not respond but simply looks sad as he then looks down at his plate.

Christian:  Seriously.  Nothing would be worse than being some sort of weak little nobody, right?

Mark:  Yeah, that would have to be like the worst thing EVER.  Being this big and huge is the BEST.  I mean, how much would it suck the absolute worst to not be big.  Right B?

Big B doesn't even respond, despite the direct remark to him, and continues to stare down.

Christian:  What B, don't you have anything to say to that?

Erik:  What's wrong, are you so small that your vocal chords shrank too much to even talk?

B's three brothers all laugh hysterically at their own stupid remarks, while no one else at the table seems amused and are mostly just ignoring them.  Big B, however, continues to look more unhappy and that, combined with their constant obnoxious laughter seems to finally be enough to set Nick off.

Nick:  Will you three just shut the hell up already?  Jeez!

Christian:  What's your problem?

Nick:  My problem is I'm sick and tired of listening to you three ramble on about this crap.  So what, you're big... who cares?  I've spent my entire career beating the crap out of guys twice my size, and it wouldn't be different with you three either, so leave B the hell alone, alright?  Besides, who good is having such a big body if you don't have a big enough brain to be able to use it all, huh?

Mrs. Jones:  Now, now... there's no need for all of that.  This is supposed to be a nice family dinner, no need for that kind of talk at the table.

Despite the quiet tone and small stature of Nick's aunt, her words seem to have quite an impact as the entire group, including Nick and all of his cousins, get immediately silent.  The group goes back to eating until at some point, there is a quiet mumble heard as Jimmy leans over towards Max and whispers something to him.

Jimmy:  Well after seeing this, it's no wonder Big B has always looked up to Nick as some sort of a big brother and never talks about his real brothers. They're not just stupid, but not even Nick spends so much of his time giving B crap as these three.

Max:  I can't even imagine what that must be like... oh gawd!

As those two return to their meals, everyone else continues to eat on in silence as the scene slowly fades.

<hr width=50%>

The scene opens up on the following Sunday within the living room of Nick Jones' home, as Nick and his entourage sit on the couch watching the most recent episode of SCW's Climax Control, while continuing on with a separate conversation.

Nick:  No offense to you B, but I just have to say that I am so thrilled that your family... or more specifically your brothers, are finally gone.

Big B:  It's ok cuz, I get it... I'm right there with you.  Nice to just sit back, relax and watch some quality television.

Nick:  If you can really call it that without either of us on the show.

Diana:  Although that begs the question, why didn't you return for this show, Nick?  Especially with them having this match.

Diana motions over towards the TV as SCW's Main Event match of the Alumni Battle Royal is just beginning.

Nick:  Actually, if you really want to know, I was thinking about it.  But believe it or not, after talking to my doctors, they still won't clear me to get back into the ring.  Apparently I'm getting close, but not there yet, so they wouldn't let me into this match.  It's a damn thing too, because look at these useless chumps...

Nick motions over towards the TV as the competitors for the battle royal are heading down to the ring.

Nick:  I could easily win this damn thing with my eyes closed and hands tied behind my back.  What about you B?  What's your deal, you booked for next week?

Big B:  Yeah, Despy and I have a tag team title defense.

Nick:  Really, who you defending against?

Big B:  Steve Ramone and Connor Murphy.

Nick looks at B blankly for a few seconds before simply shrugging his shoulders.

Nick:  If you say so, I have no clue who the hell they are.

Big B:  What?  Of course you do!

Nick:  If you insist, and maybe the names sound vaguely familiar, but I really have no clue what their deal is or was.  Probably because they're too far beneath for me to ever bother wasting my time on complete nobodies like them.

Big B:  Oh, um... ok.  Well I know you know them, because they're two of the current members of NXT.

That comment immediately grabs Nick's attention, as he turns from looking at the TV to glaring straight at Big B with an angry look in his eyes.

Nick:  NXT?? NXT?!?!

Big B:  Um... yeah.

Nick:  That would be the same NXT that the stupid little shit Spike Staggs completely ripped off from my and Hot Stuff's Generation X-Treme, aka GXT, back in GXW?

Big B:  I guess so.

Nick:  So then that would also be the same NXT that were the spineless son of a bitches who needed to jump me like 10 on 1 just so that I didn't kick the living crap out of all of them and are the whole reason I have been out of action for as long as I have?

This continuing, and increasingly angry questions, are clearly making Big B uncomfortable as he becomes even more hesitant to reply.

Big B:  Well, I uh.... uh... suppose so.

Nick:  In that case, I should thoroughly enjoy watching you kick the living crap out of those two pathetic little cowards all around the damn ring next week.

Big B:  I don't know about that cuz.  I'm actually kind of nervous.  These guys are probably actually our toughest opponents yet, this match is gonna be really, really hard, ya know?

Nick:  Trust me, there's absolutely nothing to worry about.  You've got this in the bag.

Big B:  Yeah, but you always tell me not to get too overconfident or nothing and to always make sure to prepare my hardest.  Plus these guys are really, really good!

Nick:  Maybe so, but that does nothing to change the fact that you WILL win this match.

Big B:  But how do you know?

Nick:  How I know is simply... because considering that you're up against those little NXT shitheads, losing is not an option.  You will win, I will personally make sure of it.

Nick gets a bit of a sinister look in his eyes as he says this, before silently getting up off of the couch and walking away as the scene slowly fades to black.
>