Author Topic: My Life. My Eyes.  (Read 302 times)

Offline Caleb Houston

• View Profile
    • Caleb Houston
My Life. My Eyes.
« on: December 05, 2014, 12:57:39 AM »
 ==========================
…For Sale…
Flashback November 25th, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
Cameras: OFF
===========================

For the first time in a while I was back in Philadelphia, and I had absolutely nothing to do. Usually when I came back here I was running to this place, or that place. But for once I could sit back, and actually think about things. Try to figure out where my life was, and where my life was going. Or so I thought.

“Ahhh…”

I said to myself as I sat back in the black leather chair behind my desk. Kicking my feet up onto the table, and relaxing a bit. I was wearing a pair of black Nike Air Max sneakers, black and gray sweatpants, and topping it all off was a black Ecko MMA long sleeve t-shirt. The weather in Philadelphia was much colder than Vegas. Normally the cold wouldn’t bother me, but I’ve spent so much time in Vegas that even the slightest hint of cold sent a chill down my spine. My eyes scanned around the office. The walls were loaded with pictures from my wrestling career. Showing the rise, and unfortunately the fall of everything I had been living for the past few years. I closed my eyes, and began to run over things in my head. EWA. Dope. PWX. Everywhere. As I thought about it there was a lot more lows in my career than there were highs. I guess that all fell back on my shoulders. I was only dedicated to one thing in my life, and it most certainly wasn’t wrestling. There was a knock at the door which slowly ripped me back into reality. I pulled my feet down from the desk, and slid in to make it look like I was actually working.

“Come in..”

I called out to the person at the other side of the door. I heard the person struggle with the doorknob a bit before they finally got it and were able to make it into the office. Standing in the doorway was Phil Behn. The man who I had been my boxing teacher since I was a young kid. He had a cup of coffee in each hand, and a manila envelope clenched between his teeth. With his right foot he reached backwards and kicked the door shut before approaching the desk. I offered him a halfhearted smile. Not that I wasn’t interested in talking to him. It’s just I knew exactly where this conversation was going to go, and I didn’t think I was ready to go there yet.

“Thanks..”

I said as I reached out and took the cup of coffee he was offering me. He pulled the envelope out from between his teeth and dropped it onto my desk before he sat down. When I met Phil he was young. About twenty three years old, and full of life. That was 15 years ago. He was now thirty eight. He looked miserable. His face was scarred up, but I guess after being a boxer for more than half your life that would happen to you.

“…So, do you think it’s time we talk about this?”

Phil asked me. Nodding toward the paperwork sitting in front of me. I sat there staring at it blankly. I wasn’t sure exactly what kind of information he wanted, but he always had a way of getting that shit.

“What’s the plan with all of this?” He asked me. “I mean, at this stage of your career I think it’s absolutely the best choice you can make. This traveling back and forth stuff is going to kill you kid. You need to focus on your performance in the ring. Not be worrying about what’s going on back here.”

“That’s why I hired you to manage this place. Because I knew I could trust you.” I said to him. “..And I don’t come back here just for the gym. You should know that by now.”

He nodded his head as I spoke to him. Let’s be honest. I had nothing to do with this gym anymore. All I did was stop by and show my face from time to time. Sign a few papers here and there. Basically make sure everyone is happy. Then I leave.

“Yeah, I understand. You have obligations, but if you don’t take this offer you may never have something like this again. Kid, its five million dollars for a place you put absolutely no money into.” He said to me. Shaking his head in disbelief.

“I don’t understand why someone would want to pay that kind of money for this place. The location is great yeah, and it’s fairly profitable but still not close to being worth 5 million.” I responded.

“Kid, they aren’t giving you the money for the gym. These guys are trying to start their own promotion. They’re buying the talent you have walking around here.” He had met these guys a few times, and he was always good at reading people. So if he was saying it then it must be true.

“Well, the last phone call I had with them they assured me that everyone would keep their jobs.”

“I’m not worried about that kid. We have a good thing here. Remember. I’m the one who’s telling you to do this.” He assured me.

“Yeah, it’s still a 30/70 split. All they want me to do is show up a few times a year. Make people think everything is still fine and dandy. It’s just a tough move, you know? I don’t really like dealing with change.”

“Sometimes you have to have that change to get to where you’re trying to go, kid. Trust me on that. I’ve been the one who never changed in their whole life. If I could go back and do it all over again I’d make about a hundred changes.”

I sat there nodding my head. Maybe he was right. Maybe it was time I made a change. Maybe this is just what I needed to get my life where I needed it to be. I guess only time will tell.  

…MaMa?…
December 2nd, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada

Vegas was starting to feel more and more like home. As much as I loved Philadelphia it was nice to be in a place where no one knew my name. No one seemed to care where I came from, or where I was going. I could fly by under the radar, and get the things done that I needed to.

“….Home..”

I said to myself as I looked down at my right arm. Slowly pulling the needle from my skin. I could feel the icy cool burn starting to make its way through my brains. In just a few seconds I would feel that sense of euphoria I’ve always been searching to keep. With my free hand I reached over and pulled the band off my bicep. Tossing it into the trash can with the needle. I clenched and released my fist a few times as I could feel the drugs working their way through my system. As soon as they hit my heart it would be game over. I pulled my right sleeve back down to cover my arm. I pushed myself up from the chair, and out of the room I was now calling “my office.” I stepped out into the empty gym I had purchased with the profits of selling the last.

“..The Lions Den..”

I said to myself as I looked around. Inside my head I could envision this place packed with hopeful wrestlers, and workout enthusiasts alike. Everything looked so perfect. Now it was just time to make it happen. The money was available. The motivation, well that came and went. I think with the group of people I’ve surrounded myself with lately it would only be a matter of time before this was the place to be for all up and coming talent. I walked around the gym looking where I had laid out the two rings. I began smacking my lips as the cotton mouth was starting to set in. From behind me I heard the front door open. I knew it couldn’t be JT or Hydro they were off today doing their own thing. Not even sure if they were still in Vegas or not.

“..We’re not open..”

I called out not even turning around to see who it was. I just continued to float on my cloud. Everything around me started to feel warm again. There was no more hate right now. I felt like any decision I could make at this point in my life would be perfect.

“..Ehem..”

The person standing behind me cleared their throat. I let out a deep sigh before I turned on my heel to face my unwanted visitor.

“I thought I told yo-…” I caught myself mid-sentence when my eyes locked on her. There she stood no older than 40. Her dark skin shined in the light, and her black hair was pulled back in a tight pony tail. A black coach purse held tightly to her body. My eyes immediately brightened up, and I broke off towards her in a full sprint. I wrapped my arms around her, and hugged her tightly.

“Mama…” I said to her. Obviously she wasn’t my real mother. For starters I had never met my mother. Although I heard she had blonde hair, and was pretty. But that’s about it. Second of all she was black, and I was white. She was my best friend Julius’ mother. Loni Washington. If it wasn’t for her I don’t think I would’ve survived this far in my life.

“What… what are you doing here?” I asked her. Still beaming.

“Well, I heard one of my babies was around Philadelphia last week and couldn’t even stop by to see me.” She said to me with a disappointed look on her face. Immediately as she spoke the smile on my face slowly faded away. I immediately turned read, and began rubbing the back of my neck uncomfortably.

“Yeah, I’m sorry…. I-I just .. you know it was Thanksgiving week I thought you might’ve been busy doing your own thing. I didn’t want to impose or anything.” I said. It was a blatant lie. Actually I was avoiding her. I couldn’t bear to let me see her in the state of mind I was in right now.

“I invited you to come to dinner last week. The girls and I would love to see you, and catch up. It’s been too long Caleb.” She said to me. A look of concern on her face. There was no hiding anything from Mama. She has known about my struggles with addiction for quite some time. She’s reached out quite a few times trying to help me. I was just never very receptive of it.

“I know.. I just I feel bad. I don’t want to be the guy that only comes around on holidays. You know?” I told her. I didn’t want her to keep prying on my life. Not that I wanted to keep everything a secret from her. I just thought there were something that she might appreciate not knowing. “So, what brings you out to Vegas.”

“When my son tells me he’s living part time in Vegas now and tells me to stop by. Of course I’m going to take advantage of the free tickets.” Her son. She called me her son. It was amazing to think someone who didn’t have to care about me actually did. She was there for me on my first day of high school. She’s the one who coached me before my first date. No matter what she was going Loni never missed one of my wrestling matches, or any of Julius’ basketball games. Not only was she a mother to us, but she was also a father. Teaching us everything we ever needed to know about life.

“Well… welcome to Vegas, MaMa.” I said to her as I looked around the gym, and extended both of my arms out to the side looking around the empty gym. Showing it off to her. “This place is officially mine. In a few weeks it’s going to actually resemble a gym.”

“It’s big, Caleb. A lot bigger than the place back home. I’m proud of you. No matter what you’ve always been the one to go after your dreams. That’s what makes you so special. You never took no for an answer. Sometimes, that was your downfall.” She said to me. I knew where she was going with this. I couldn’t help but feel guilty for all the times I’ve hurt her in my life. It’s not like I purposely did it.

“Thanks mama. That means a lot coming from you. You’re the only one who ever gave me a chance.” I said to her. I took her by the arm, and began walking her around the gym. Showing her what I was planning inside my head. She could see how much effort I was putting into this and it put a smile on her face. Not many kids who were put in a situation I was at such a young age were successful. I was hell bent on changing that.

“It’s going to be beautiful.” She said. “I can see the passion you have for this. I’m glad to see you’re finally putting that into something that will benefit you.”

“Thanks..” I said to her flashing a half smile. “I’m really happy you showed up. I’m sorry I’ve been so distant toward you. Talking through e-mails definitely aren’t what I had imagined. I just… you know..”

“Yeah… I get it. You’re big time now. It’s too embarrassing to be seen walking around with your mom.” She said to me with a smile. She was only half kidding.

“It’s not that ma’ you know that..” I said to her. Looking kind of uneasy. “Well, now that I have this place out here you know it’s going to be harder for me to come back to Philadelphia regularly right?” I asked her. She didn’t look too thrilled about that situation, but I could tell she knew it was eventually coming.

“Comes a time when all little boys leave their moms… I knew this day was eventually coming.” She said to me.

“Well... what do you say if you and the girls moved out here? I mean don’t you guys think it’s time to get away from that city for a little while? All the memories? All the broken promises?”

“Caleb… we couldn’t do that. I wouldn’t even know where to begin looking for work. The girls and school. There is just so much going on.” She said to me.

“Mama.. the girls are young enough where a change might not affect them too much. As far as a job you could work here. I could use someone to do the finances and stuff. I know you went back to school a few years ago for that accounting degree. It just seems like it would be perfect. I would be closer if you or the girls ever needed anything.” I said to her with pleading eyes. I wasn’t a little boy anymore so the puppy dog eyes weren’t going to work on her. Especially when Mama had her mind made up. She was almost as stubborn as me. I guess you could say I kind of learned from her.

“Caleb… I can’t say yes. But I also won’t say no. Why don’t you give me some time to think about it? That’s a pretty big change to make at the spur of the moment.” She said to me. “So… where can a girl go get some food around here?” She asked me.

“Well, there is a nice place around the corner that makes cheesesteaks. They’re no Genos, but they’re as close as you’re going to get around here. I can take you there.” I said to her as I motioned for her to follow me. We walked out of the gym, and I locked the door behind us.

…Happy Birthday, Caleb…
Flashback October 31st, 1996
Philadelphia, Pa

Six years old. Today I turned six years old. In my eyes, like most little boys, I was a man now. I could start doing adult things. Like shaving. Not closing the door when I peed. All of the important things. I was sitting in front of the television. Watching the power rangers. Waiting for my dad to come home. He said he was going down to the store for a pack of cigarettes. That was over an hour ago. I was decked out in my red ranger gear. The party hat still sitting on the top of my head.

“…Heeeeyaaaahhhh!..”

I screamed out as I jumped up from my chair matching the power rangers move for move as they fought off the putties. In my eyes I was right there next to them. Helping save the world from all harm. I jumped from the couch, to the coffee table, and finally down onto the floor. Throwing a few kicks and punches in there as I did so. I was ready for battle. Trust me. If the rangers didn’t have me they would be screwed. I had ultimate power.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

I was quickly pulled back into reality by a knock at the door. My dad had a key so I knew it wouldn’t be him knocking. I had the idea in my head this was actually the power rangers at my door and they were here to ask me to help them save the world, for real this time. I sprinted towards the door, and unlocked the chain before I pulled it open. I was kind of let down when I saw that it indeed wasn’t the power rangers standing at the door looking for my help. Instead it was Loni Washington. Julius and his family lived in the apartment directly below my dad and I. She was much younger here. No older than 22 years old. She peaked her head inside our apartment. It was absolutely destroyed. Beer bottles. Empty pizza boxes thrown all over the place. Mainly from my dad’s drunken nights. Which actually seemed to happen every night. I never thought twice about it. I understood. The man worked him ragged every day. When he got home it was his time. Not mine.

Caleb… your dad called me. You’re going to come stay at our house tonight.” She said to me. She looked disgusted. Not sure if it was something my dad said, or because she finally saw the filth I was living in.  

“But.. it’s my birthday. He’s getting a pack of smokes and then we’re going to have some cake.” I pleaded with her. I didn’t believe my dad called her and told her to come get me. Well, I’m sure he did, but I just didn’t want to believe it.

“We have a cake downstairs for you. Julius is putting the finishing touches on it.” She said. She had me at cake. I quickly began jumping up and down excitedly. If anyone knew what I was going to like it would be Julius. I followed her out the door, and down the stairwell to her apartment. We reached her unit and walked inside. It was much cleaner than my place. It also didn’t smell like skunked beer, and stale cigarettes. My eyes locked onto the cake and I immediately ran over to it. My eyes almost popped out of my head when I saw it. It was, of course, a Power Rangers cake. Julius was putting the finishing touches on it much like Loni said. He was using the gel to add my name to the cake.

“Woooowww….” I exclaimed when I saw it. “It’s perfect.” I said as I pointed at the cake shooting a look of excitement to Julius, Loni, and then back down to the cake.
“Happy birthday to you…” They both began singing the song in unison as all I could do was sit there and stare at the masterpiece in front of me. When they finished the song I closed my eyes, and wished the biggest wish I could think of. I wished to have a family like Loni, and Julius had. I was sick of spending my nights in my room alone. Sick of picking roaches out of the cereal boxes in the morning. I wanted more than that. I didn’t want to grow up like my father. I wanted to be different. To be better. Then I blew out the candles.

“Which piece do you want?” Loni asked me as Julius each and I shot our hands toward the cake pulling out the candles sucking the icing off the bottom of them. I pointed at the top right corner. To me it looked like it had the most icing on it. Sugar is definitely the way to my heart. It also caused me to get a little crazy, but I think it has the same effect on every kid.

“Yumm…” I said as I took my first bite of the cake. It was absolutely delicious. Buttercream icing. Soft vanilla inside. Probably better than anything my dad had picked up at the 711 earlier today. We each sat there eating our cake. Julius and I kicking each other under the table. Loni giving us looks and rolling her eyes as we began to let out large belches when we finished the cake. This was our world, and she was just living in it.

“Mama.. can we give him his present now?!” Julius called out. He had been talking to me about this present for about a month. I was dying inside to know what it was. I had asked him to give me hints, but he just wouldn’t spill the beans.

“Sure, go get it. It’s in my closet.” Loni responded. Before she could even finish the sentence Julius pushed himself away from the table, and ran off toward her bedroom. He was only gone for a total for five seconds before he came sprinting back toward me. A box extended out to me. I quickly reached out and snatched the box from his hands.

“What is it?” I asked as I immediately shook the box trying to get one final hint before I opened it. I inspected the comics it was wrapped in before I started to rip into it. Just wanted to make sure there wasn’t anything I wanted to read before destroying. Nope. I began ripping into the package and once I had enough paper off I ripped open the lid of the box. Inside was a Philadelphia Eagles jersey. I pulled the jersey out it was a green #32 Ricky Watters jersey.

“Holy crap! Ricky Watters!?!” I gasped. I quickly pulled the jersey on and jumped up onto the chair. Spinning around showing the jersey off. It was perfect in my eyes. Although at this age I didn’t really understand football at all I knew I liked the Eagles. And I knew Ricky Watters was my favorite player.

“It looks like it fits..” Loni said as she reached out grabbing my hand. Making sure I didn’t fall off the chair. No one wants to end up in the ER with a split head on their birthday. I hopped down from the chair still jumping with joy. This was probably my all-time favorite birthday I’ve ever had in my life.

“You look like you could play..” Julius said to me his eyes wide, and a smile beaming across his face. He was excited to see how much I liked the present. Especially since he was more than likely the one who picked it out. If Loni had anything to do with it I probably would’ve got some books, or something like that.

“We should go out and play!” I screamed. Julius nodded his head and ran off to his bedroom grabbing his football. He came running out with it tucked underneath his arm. Bouncing off the furniture pretending it was would be tacklers. He leaned back and threw the ball at me. Which I barely caught before it landed on the cake.

“JULIUS!! WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT THROWING THAT THING IN THE HOUSE!” Loni called out. A stern look on her face.

“I’m sorry mama..” Julius responded as he looked down at his feet.

“Can we go out and play?” We both asked her. Loni looked over at the clock on the wall.

“Yeah, but I want you home before the street lights come on..” She said to us. “NO EXCUSES YOU TWO!” She called out to us as we were already sprinting out the door.

…What’s been going on with you?…
December 3rd, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada

Another day. Another dollar. Now that I had finally committed to making Vegas my home. Midas Bar was going to become my home away from home. Wednesday nights were typically slower for the bar. So I was lucky enough to get here, and actually get a seat at the bar. I was relaxing tonight. Wearing a pair of dark blue jeans, and a plain black t-shirt. I was spinning a half empty bottle of miller light in front of me. Johnny, the regular bartender and new manager, was at the other end of the bar flirting with one of the young servers he had just hired recently. When you think of a creepy old man this guy was the epitome of that. I don’t think the phrase even existed until he was born.

“Creep…”

I said to myself under my breath as I put the bottle to my lips, and took a large sip. Just as I set the bottle down my back was greeted with a large open hand slap from none other than JT Midas. He was decked out in his usual maroon shirt, his gray slacks, and a gray pinstripe jacket. His gray fedora topped off the outfit. For some reason JT always felt the need to dress up. I guess he took the term dress to impress to heart. As you could tell I was more casual. Jeans and a t-shirt were perfect for me. I didn’t need to impress anyone. Nor was I trying to. JT sat down and waived Johnny over.

“The usual…” Johnny asked him.

“Yeah. Jack and Coke. A little heavier on the jack and lighter on the coke.” JT responded as he removed the hat from his head and set it down on the bar in front of him. I had my elbows rested on the bar, and was still fidgeting with the neck of my bottle. Zoning out a bit as I did so.

“…Where the hell have you been lately?” JT asked me.

“No where really..” I said with a shrug of my shoulders as I picked up the bottle, and finished it off this time. Johnny, on the spot, came back over with JTs drink and another bottle of Miller lite for me.

“What tab…” Johnny asked.

“His..” We both responded. JT shot a look at me, and just shook his head.

“Whatever, put it on mine I have to square up after this weekend anyways.” JT responded. I don’t think I’ve ever paid for a drink at this bar. I didn’t really feel obligated to anyway. Considering JT owned the bar, and like everything else in Vegas, the shit was overpriced anyhow.

“So, are you here tonight? Or are you still off in Caleb-land?” JT asked me.

“Nah. I’m here…” I responded. Short. To the point. “I’ve just been dealing with some stuff. Trying to get everything situated with the new gym.”

“Oh yeah? How’s everything going with that? Any regrets?” He asked.

“Yeah. There’s always going to be regrets. That was the first place I could ever really call my own. As far as everything with the new gym it started getting delivered today. They were still putting the rings together when I left. More of the equipment is coming tomorrow. I think that kid Jake is going to be over there when they deliver it. At least he says he will be.” I said. Jake was one of the bouncers here at the club. He offered a hand with the gym if I would give him a free membership. Of course I said yes. I hated having responsibilities. I’d give the kid a free open membership if he ran all my errands for me.

“Ah… Jake. I don’t think you have to worry about him. He seems like a good kid. He picks up shifts whenever one of these other assholes decides they don’t want to show up. I think he’s trying to become a wrestler one day.” JT said.

“Oh yeah? He’s kind of a little pussy.” I said. The first night I ever came here I got a little carried away. Jake was a little timid when dealing with the situation. Of course I wasn’t trying to cause a scene, or start a fight. Not here. I was smarter than that. I just wanted to see how the kid handled the heat. Like I had assumed he crumbled.

“Stop. He’s barely 18 years old. You got to give the kid some credit. He’s definitely changed his attitude a bit since that night.” Obviously JT didn’t forget the night either. He ended up picking me up from the drunk tank at 4am. Needless to say when I got out of here that night I got a little reckless.

“Yeah yeah yeah…. Whatever.” I said. JT leaned back in his chair. He had just noticed the new server himself. She was a blonde. JT always had a soft spot for blondes. I looked over at JT and just shook my head.

“She’s too young for you, bro.” I said to him.

“No shes not.” He said to me as he smiled and adjusted his shirt a bit. “I think I might take her home tonight and show her my Midas Touch.”

“Hah. Then I’ll be picking you up from jail.” I said to him.

“Would you stop?!” He said. “Look at that rack on her. She’s absolutely flawless. She has to be at least twenty one. ”

“Wanna bet?” I asked JT. His eyes brightened up as I said that. JT had a soft spot for making bets. Except he didn’t realize who he was betting. I was never wrong when it came to women.

“Yes. She’s 21. How old do you think she is?” He asked me.

“16” I responded as I took another sip of my beer. “You lose you buy the whole bar a shot. Three wise men”

“Deal” JT said to me as he extended his hand to me.  We shook on the bet finalizing it. He then motioned for Johnny to come over. “Johnny, what’s the new girls’ name?” Johnny wiped off his hands on a white towel, and looked down to the bar at her. She was sitting there texting looking absolutely bored.

“Adelina. Yesterday was her first day. So far so good. Not to mention she’s easy on the eyes.” Johnny said with a shit eating grin on his face.

“Adelina..” I called out. She immediately perked up and looked down toward us. I motioned her to come down to us. She slide the phone into the back pocket of her jeans before making her way down to us. “Don’t worry. You’re not in trouble.” I said to her. I could tell she was nervous.

“Okay…” She said to me. Her face was bright red, and she was chewing on her bottom lip intensely. She shot me a glance, and then quickly turned her attention to the floor.

“Adelina… My name is JT, and this guy here is Caleb..” I smiled and nodded at her as she looked up at me. She returned the smile before focusing her attention back to JT. “So.. I heard this is your second day here. How do you like it so far?”

“It’s really good..” She said smiling and nodding her head nervously. “Johnny is great. The customers tip really well, too!”

“Hah, yes. I’ve that before.” JT said flashing a smile. “So, what made you want to apply for a job here? Paying for school?”

“Yes! Well, I mean kinda.” She responded. JT looked over at me and flashed a wink. I just shook my head and laughed at him. He was setting himself up for failure.

“Oh really? What school do you go to?” JT asked.

“Palo Verde. I’m a Junior!” She responded. Bubbly. She was starting to get a little more comfortable.

“Oh well, that’s awesome. So that makes you what 20? 21?!” JT asked me jabbing me in the arm with his elbow.

“Oh… I think you misunderstood me.” She said her face bright red. “Palo Verde High School. I’m only 16!” She responded.

“FUCK” JT called out. “Johnny get everyone a three wise men on me.” He looked down at the bar and just shook his head. All I could do was sit there and laugh as I enjoyed another sip of my beer. The girl was called away from us by one of the other servers. I sat there just staring at JT. His gaze focused down at the bar.

“What’s wrong?” I asked him quirking a brow. Acting like I didn’t know.

“How the fuck… did you know that?” He asked me.

“Simple. I was walking in when her mom dropped her off…” I said to him as I shrugged my shoulders. “That and if you pay attention she hasn’t served anyone an alcoholic beverage all night. Nancy has been taking them to the tables for her all night. Oh, and not to mention I’m a lot smarter than you are.” I said with a smile.

“Whatever…” JT shot back. For as much as this guy loved to bet you would think he would learn the game he was playing before making such bets. Hopefully he had a little bit better of a call at the tables. Otherwise he’s going to end up broke here. Real quick.

“So, we got to discuss the plans for the match this week..” JT said to me. I raised my right hand and waived him off. I wasn’t really interested in hearing that right now. I knew who we had. I got the same text alerts he did. I just didn’t worry about things as much as him. He always wanted a plan. I just liked to act on things.

“Dude, you really gotta learn to communicate with me better. We can’t keep going into these matches blindly.” JT said.

“How many times have I communicated with you before a match? You know that’s not me. We get along just fine when the bell rings. Let’s leave it at that? Alright? You’re going to fuck up my whole plan if you keep pressuring me into talking. Damn, I feel like I’m dealing with a woman sometimes.”

JT just rolled his eyes at me. He stood there for a few seconds giving me a death stare. I could tell my unwillingness to talk before a match was beginning to piss him off. Oh well. He’d get over it.

“On that note… I’m gonna head upstairs for a bit. I got some things I need to do.” I said to him with a nod. I pulled a $20 dollar bill out of my pocket and threw it onto the bar before grabbing my beer. I made my way over to the steps, and went up. I headed down the long hallway toward where the offices were. I stopped for a second in front of the door to my office. I looked at my name which was written on the door in gold writing for a second before I turned the knob and went inside.

========================

To Whom It May Concern,

It’s no secret I’ve been in a foul mood the past two weeks. I wasn’t mad at anyone, or anything in particular. I’ve just had quite a few things weighing on my mind lately. Too many people looking for answers without even giving me time to think about it. The first one was selling the gym. The Lions Den Philadelphia was something I held pretty close to my heart. If it wasn’t for that place I would’ve never got my start in this industry. I would just be some other regular guy out there on the streets grinding trying to make ends meet. I always used that place as a getaway. When I needed some time to myself I would go there, and lock myself inside. Shutting myself down from the rest of the world. I guess I was just worried if I let that place go I wouldn’t have that ability to get away anymore. It took a lot of thinking, and a lot of convincing from JT and Liz. But I decided to let go of the gym. It wasn’t a complete separation. It was a 70/30 split. I would be removed from the day to day activities with the gym, but I was still required to make periodic appearances. You know. Show up. Smile. Shake Hands. The typical bullshit business politics. Oh and not to mention I was still going to bring home 30% of the monthly profits that would be a nice check for not doing anything anymore.

After not being booked last week I find myself locked in another tag team match. Not really complaining about that. But as much as I feel like JT and I benefit one another in the ring. I sometimes feel like our styles may clash a little bit. But that’s neither here nor there. We’ve learned to work with these “handcuffs” we’ve handed each other.

I guess at this point it’s no secret who we have this week. Power. This is a match that has been brewing since JT and I first stepped foot into SCW. When we came in here these three guys were at the top of their game. Of course we needed to go after them and prove a point. After the back and forth on twitter for close to a month SCW brass felt like it was finally time to throw us into a match together. You know, they actually couldn’t have picked a better match than this one. Granted, it’s not for the titles. But sometimes I feel like the fight to get to the titles is almost a little bit better than a fight for the titles. Both teams seem to want it that much more. Neither team has anything to lose, and are willing to push the limit that much further.

We start with Mr. J N Ringo himself. All in all. I get where he is going. It’s just he’s going about it the wrong way. He didn’t need to feed into it. He, like most other people, could’ve taken his lumps. He could’ve let the Players Club go on doing what they were doing. Instead he decided he wanted to feed into it. He wanted to allow us to get under his skin. That’s when he decided to start flapping his gums. For someone with such a big head you would expect him to be smarter than that. Last week was only the start Ringo. If your boys hadn’t shown up we would’ve given then SCW fans what they all came to see. Lucky for them they didn’t have to wait too long for this. In a few short hours and that bell rings all your goals, all your plans will be met with That Sinking Feeling

Giani DeLuca. Fist pump extraordinaire. Last week I noticed you had quite a few choice words about JT and I. And this specific ‘lifestyle’ you think we decided to lead. Was that all you had? Honestly? A few homophobic comments? Is that all you have for us? When I see comments like that it just proves to me you’re scared. You’re trying to throw JT and I off our game. Thing is we’ve heard it all before. We’ve heard the same comments from the same types of people. Keep that rage pent up inside of you Giani because you’re going to need every ounce of that to beat us. I promise you Giani Sunday night you will feel your career go Down In Flames

Mr. Nobody,
Caleb Houston

user posted image