Author Topic: Tapestry  (Read 287 times)

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
Tapestry
« on: June 29, 2018, 11:59:30 PM »
 Blog: Almighty Fire:
semana del 17 al 24 de julio de 2 0 1 8

Brittany Williams may have got the best of me, but my confidence isn't shot, although it very well should be. Considering my track record, wins have been hard to come by and this year is off to a rough start. It's been awhile since I last held a championship in SCW, but I'm not too concerned. If you didn’t fight for what you want, don’t cry for what you’ve lost, you know?

Three weeks ago, I celebrated my six-year anniversary since my SCW debut and looking back, this five foot seven, 125 pound Latina has come a long way. Accomplished a lot of things. Headlining many a show. Won many championships. There isn't anything I haven't done (Well, except for the Hall of Fame but that's going to be crossed off my bucket list soon enough. Hopefully this year?). To see where I am now and what I've been through, anyone in my shoes would have thrown in the towel and quit the next day.

By now, everyone knows that I'm the most accomplished wrestler in Sin City Wrestling. Not the Bombshells Division, the entire company. I have put in the work, and there is no one more dedicated and passionate about the division and the company than me. Some don't like it, others don't even respect it. Most go as far as to mock my accolades because reasons, or it willful ignorance or plain jealousy.

I don't care what they say, think or do. I'm too busy with my own stuff to notice.

What I DO care about is possibly getting my next win this weekend, and Sunday I happen to be facing Dani Weston, a cute girl just starting out in the wrestling business.

Unexpected? 

Yes.

Welcome?

Most definitely.

How good do I think Dani can be? She's obviously still very new to pro wrestling, even newer when it comes to full time, because she’s now the latest trainee under Gabriel and Odette Stevens. Every student of theirs have been successful in SCW: Devona, Charlotte, Mackenzie, Daniel, Osborne, Evie, Fenris. Pretty sure more will be coming from their school to SCW in the future, but for now, they're turned heads, opened eyes and dropped jaws along the way, which can only mean SCW is in good hands.

Facing a newcomer, especially a rookie, you don't have much, if anything, to go on. Dani can watch years of matches on me at her leisure, plus she has the advice of two Hall of Famers to guide her along. They say youth is wasted on the young and, boy, are they right. The more I used to believe that, the more people like Brittany Williams makes that saying holds true. The more people like Dani Weston show up, the more hope there is for the Bombshells division.

I'm at the twilight of my career. It's a cruel, beautiful, harsh truth I'd rather not think about, but damn this is like the monster from underneath your bed you think isn't there but is lurking just ready to pounce. Dani is looking for that first win and she has me in her sights. If she plans on beating me, I'm going to make her work for it.

I'm as focused as I've ever been, and for you? For you, Dani, Sunday night on Climax Control I'm planning on making this match short as a favor so you make it before bedtime. Go over a little strategy with your mentors, set up a gameplan, get some training in, watch a few tapes of my previous matches. Do whatever you have to do to prepare for this match. And please, please PLEASE make sure you bring everything you got. You bring that fighting spirit of yours and I'll bring mine and we'll see who walks out of Baton Rogue with their hand raised.

Because you're not stepping in the ring with one of your training buddies, you're stepping in the ring with the #ChampionofChampions, Mercedes Vargas, the only nine-time champion in this company.

The gloves are off, the war paint is on, and the checklist is always at hand.

And your name is next.

~~~

Stuck in Reverse
24 de julio de 2 0 1 8

When you try your best but you don't succeed
When you get what you want but not what you need
When you feel so tired but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

Fix You - Coldplay

"I don't know. There's just something off with these lines. What do you think?"

Mercedes scanned through the movie script and each shake of her head was a sign that she didn't like what she had in her hand.

She looks to her left as a man, the movie director, silently reads his copy of the playscript using a pen as a guide. Three more of Mercedes' castmates, two men and a woman, stood across from them. This was anything but a working vacation, she soon realized and was reminded by Ricardo, the movie director, who now looks up from the script and to everyone in the room.

Ricardo: Well, brainstorming session lasted for two hours. Anyone else?

Irma: I don't think it's that bad, maybe a few changes. Hugo?

Hugo begins pacing, thinking with hand on chin, looking down at his script. After a moment, he shakes his head.

Hugo: Nope. Tomas?

Tomas: I think I need a new copy. Cheeto stains got all over it.

A collective groan from everyone else as Tomas had already ripped open a bag of Cheetos. The director shakes his head as Mercedes offers a disappointed sigh.

Mercedes: It's been a long day. We need something catchy, something that will connect with the audience....

Mercedes waves her hands and slowly draws them apart. Ricardo stops her right there as he stands to his feet.

Ricardo: Don't worry about it. We'll sleep on it, then tackle this next week. Otherwise, we'll try to make it work. Now let's say we get out of here.

Hugo leaves and Mercedes follows.

Irma: Mercedes, I left my jacket in the other room. Could you get it?

As Mercedes enters the hallway, she steps back to see the rest of the film crew yell "surprise" and Irma, Hugo, Tomas and Ricardo gathered around her.

Irma: ¡Feliz cumpleaños a tí! ¡Feliz cumpleaños a tí!

Mercedes: Is this for me? Wow.

Irma: ¡Feliz cumpleaños a Mercedes ¡Feliz cumpleaños a tí!

Mercedes: You guys shouldn't have.

Ricardo: Well, that was the point. You have a match this weekend, so we wanted to celebrate your birthday today.

Tomas: Irma was planning on jumping out of a birthday cake.

Irma: Tomas!

Tomas: Only joking!

Hugo: Well, blow out the candles and make a wish.

Mercedes hesitates before she looks up.

Mercedes: I got it.

Ricardo: Alright then, go ahead.

A FEW HOURS LATER
I-405

Irma: So what's it like celebrating another birthday?

Mercedes: Another year older, another year wiser. For some reason I feel a little bitchier too, but maybe that's me.

Irma: Mind if I ask you something?

Mercedes: Sure.

Irma: Now that you're nearing 40, you ever feel like you accomplished enough in your life?

Mercedes: I've got two more years, but I'm not concerned about that. Thinking I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Irma: But you're getting closer.

Mercedes: Is this the part where I have to read up on the 99 places to visit before I die? Pretty sure I got most of that covered. Without wrestling, I don't think I'd accomplish that.

Irma: But you're not planning on wrestling forever? You're well off and could retire  tomorrow if you wanted.

Mercedes: Well, I'm thinking about it more than I used to. I don't know if I would say tomorrow, though.

Irma: Well,  there must be something you haven't done.

Mercedes: Well, other than never having wrestled a match on my birthday, there is one other thing....

Irma: Yeah,  and what's that?

Mercedes: I've never got on a rollercoaster before.

Irma: Seriously?

Mercedes: Kind of embarrassing, I know. But there's a reason.

FLASHBACK

Mercedes Vargas is on a rollercoaster next to a man. The ride comes to its peak. Two different set of emotions can be seen. Mercedes is enjoying herself, her boyfriend not so much. As the ride begins its descent, the boyfriend is scared out of his mind, grabbing the handle bars for dear life and squirming.

Ethan: Hey,  Mercy?

Mercedes: Yeah?

Ethan: I think we should see other people

Mercedes: What?! Are you breaking up with me?!

Ethan: Well,  it's not me, it's you.

Mercedes: What the hell does that mean?

Ethan: Um...

The ride continues in silence as the color rushes from her face.

RETURN FROM FLASHBACK

Mercedes: Yeah, so that's my story. Sorry if you were expecting a thriller.

Irma: ¡Que latisma!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 12:13:55 AM by Mercedes Vargas »

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)