Author Topic: “Two rematches for the price of one!”  (Read 352 times)

Offline Jessie Salco

• SCW's Heavy Metal Bombshell
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Jessie Salco
“Two rematches for the price of one!”
« on: February 15, 2019, 10:19:40 PM »
 Caleb won his match against Joshua Acquin earning him his first win of 2019, however it seems Caleb and Josh wouldn’t be done with each other just yet as the bosses decided to book the two men in a match against each other for the second week in a row, the catch? Alex Jones had been added to the mix and it was a Triple Threat Contender’s Match where the winner would go on to challenge Fenris for the title in LA, but can Caleb keep the winning streak alive?

Local Café. San Jose, California
Friday the 16th of February 2019, 11:00am

Boy, this has been a weird few weeks, between Amy Santino’s marriage problems and the whole Jessie/Kate saga this is shaping up to be a very interesting year already, as for me? Well I’m just trying to build myself up to try to win more matches and eventually, a title.

My match against Joshua Acquin two weeks ago was a step in the right direction.

And this week, I’m facing Aquin again but this time it’s a Triple Threat Match that also features Alex Jones and it’s opening the show, I bet those who watch SCW exclusively (you know who you are) and aren’t familiar with his work in Honor Wrestling think that this is my first meeting with Alex but your wrong there as we had a one on one match in Honor.

I lost that match, but I plan to learn from my mistakes this time around.

Basically, I know how good both of my opponents are and I’m not going to let that stop me from getting to the top of the mountain in SCW, now I know beating Fenris will be a completely different story if I do win this match and if I do win the match (somehow) I still have to worry about Senor Vinnie cashing in the Golden Briefcase not unlike how my first Roulette Title Match got screwed up by another Golden Briefcase cash in.

They say that those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it, well I learn from history and I don’t repeat mistakes.

“Man, did things get weird on last week’s Climax Control or what?” Katie commented as we sat down at our table in the café, we had finished our morning jog about an hour ago and had stopped to take a break at the café whilst grabbing a bite to eat. “At least I don’t have to worry about you pulling the same stunt Joey pulled, right?”

“Well, for starters, you’re not a wrestler, I think the only way that comparison could work is if the roles were reversed.” I pointed out and Katie nodded in agreement once she realized that I had a point. “Besides that, have I ever made you feel underappreciated?”

“If you did, the relationship would be over by now.” Katie responded before the waitress came over to take our orders, once we had made them, she walked off and Katie continued. “You know me, I’m not exactly someone who hides their feelings,”

“True, though I can’t help but wonder how much of that was Joey’s real thoughts and not Apple messing with his mind.” I responded before shaking my head. “I just realized that we sound less like metalheads and more like little old ladies going on about our favorite soaps.”

“I didn’t even notice that until now.” Katie nodded in agreement as she face-palmed. “But on the other hand, the discussion does tie into one of your opponents, he did go with Jamie to give a piece of his mind to Joey.”

“True, and if I can be honest, I don’t think I would’ve stopped Jamie if I was in Joshua’s shoes.” I shrugged my shoulders before the waitress returned with our drinks. “Just my take on it off course.”

“Totally, anyway, thoughts on facing Alex Jones again?” Katie asked and I frowned in response.

“This isn’t our first meeting and I lost the first one, not to mention the fact that this match is happening under similar circumstances.” I responded before I took a sip of my drink. “And unlike our first meeting, I will be walking out the winner, Alex was an Honor Wrestling Champion, but he still must prove himself here in SCW, Alicia Lukas has managed that just fine and she’s the new Bombshell Champion, or whatever she’s calling the title nowadays, and if Alex wins the match, who knows? Maybe we’ll have two Honor Wrestling Alumni at the top of the card?”

“It’s possible, but I know you won’t let that happen.” Katie responded with a grin and I nodded in agreement before we continued to enjoy our drinks, it wasn’t long after that that our food arrived and whilst it was typical café fair it was still good food, once we had finished, I left a couple of ten dollar notes on the table to cover our meal when the waitress returned. “So, what’s the plan now? Head back to the hotel? My feet are still tired from running so maybe we can get an Uber?”

“Sounds good, I can do my promo whilst we wait for the Uber.” I added before the waitress came over to take the money to pay for our food, I waited for the receipt and change whilst Katie went outside to call an Uber and since the café was relatively quiet, I decided to start my promo as I walked out of the café.

“Two weeks ago, I did what I set out to do, win my match against Joshua Acquin! But this week the bosses have booked me and Acquin against each other but what’s this? A new challenger has appeared and he’s Alex Jones! Not only that but the winner will go on to challenge Fenris for the title in LA and I can’t wait for this match for one reason, for me, it’s two rematches for the price of one! I faced Alex twice in Honor and lost both times whilst I’ve only faced Acquin one in SCW and won!”

A tale of two opponents as I walked out the café.

“Starting with Acquin, you put up a good fight two weeks ago but, in the end,  it wasn’t enough to stop me from picking up my first win of 2019 and this week, I look to continue that trend! I will commend you for sticking up for Amy like that after that whole mess at Climax Control but that won’t stop me from kicking your ass on Sunday night and from there? It’s straight to LA for me as I go on to face Fenris for the title!”

And speaking of titles.

“As for Alex, I know him well from our time together in Honor Wrestling where we wrestled each other twice, granted I lost both times but this week there’s one thing on my mind in regards to this match and that’s making up for past mistakes as I move one step closer to making my New Years Resolution a reality, some might call it a fantasy but I have to correct you there because there’s a difference between a fantasy and something that could happen: a fantasy is Donald Trump’s wall ever being built, something that could happen is me winning this match!”

It’s that simple.

“My sights are firmly set on the top of the mountain and unlike a certain female metalhead, I plan on scratching and clawing my way to the top until I can finally win the top tittle! Alex and Acquin might have different ideas but I’m not going to let that stop me in this match and the same goes for the title match in LA against Fenris!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up as I saw the Uber car approaching.

“I’m the underdog in this match, pretty much everyone knows that, but this underdog is one that bites back and on Sunday I will defy everyone’s expectations by beating Alex Jones and Joshua Acquin in this Triple Threat  Match and move on to bigger and better things but in the meantime Josh and Alex had better brace themselves because there’s a storm brewing, otherwise they’ll be blown away by “The Metal Storm” Caleb Storms.”

Once the Uber car pulled up we got in as the scene fades.