Author Topic: For my Brother Jay  (Read 279 times)

Offline Equinox

• The Dark Kingdom's only hope
    • View Profile
    • HighSpotHero
For my Brother Jay
« on: April 19, 2018, 07:08:40 AM »
 EXCLUSIVE: An Interview With The Highspot Hero

The scene opens up with Nox exiting his 1994, Cherry red mustang showing up at Hotflash Radio. He’s in a white cut tank top and jeans. He’s carrying the GZWA Television Championship in his hand. Today he is meeting with Ryan Jackson’s Hotflash radio in St.Louis to talk about his upcoming Semi-Finals Main Event Match alongside Keira Johnson vs. Ben Jordon & Brittany Williams. Nox is about to enter the building when he is greeted by old friend Ryan Jackson.

Ryan: “Mike my dude? Good to see you come on into the studio.”

They both take a seat in the chairs set out inside the amazing radio studio. Ryan boots up the sytam and starts to speak as it is fading in at that moment due to the cameras.

Ryan: “Ladies and gentlemen my name is Ryan Jackson and I am here with Michael Kendricks also known as the worldwide wrestler Equinox. Tonight we’re here to talk about Equinox and the SCW Blast from the Past tournament 2018. Welcome to the show, Nox.”

Nox: “Thanks for having me, Ryan. Man it’s been what four years since I’ve been here.”

Ryan chuckles and nods

Ryan: “So for those who don’t know about you please tell us about yourself.”

Nox takes a deep breath and smiles

Nox: “Let’s see as a lot of folks know I was born in cambridgeshire, England. Some place in that area I was made or conceived in that area. I went around the world because of my father who served in the military. I have an older brother named Erik who you all know as Brother Erik or Erik Morningstar. He is two years older than me. Unfortunately the story wasn’t always happy. MY father started suffering or maybe he always suffered from Multiple Personality Disorder and PTSD.  One night while I was two and Erik was four there was a fight between our parents. I don’t know really what happened but from what I was told years later, My father tried to kill me & Erik. My mom got in the way he killed her as a result.”

Nox gulps before continuing

Nox: “See as much as that pains me. James P. Gordon the police officer who responded to the call adopted me & Erik. We grew up under his roof. He and his wife, Linda had trouble conceiving. So it worked out well. James was and IS a great father. He introduced us to wrestling when Erik was ten & I was eight. We watched National Wrestling Alliance or NWA for short. Me & Erik were hooked. James got us a trampoline and we’d do backyard wrestling from till I was 8 till I was 15 on the weekends. In fact I have a picture of all of us including you, Ryan”

Nox stops and picks a photo out of his wallet displaying the entire BYW roster. He points to Ryan in pink shorts and a Luchador mask. Ryan laughs about it.

Ryan: “Man those were the times.”

Nox nods and continues speaking

Nox: “From there once I was fifteen, Erik and I started wrestling in high school. Our assistant coach Ryder Williams saw how we wrestled and enjoyed it. We didn’t know at the time he was a professional wrestler in his time. So he took me & Erik under his wing. We did a lot of different shows starting in 2011 wrestling here & there. Once 2013 hit Erik got seriously injured. So he’s stayed retired for now. I’ve been wrestling around the world.”

Nox has to breathe. Honestly he wants to go into a rage. He slows his breathing down. He puts his television championship on his shoulder. Calming himself down, Ryan butts in which is fine to Nox.

Ryan: “So tell us about Sin City Wrestling and their Blast from the Past Tournament. Didn’t you have a reign as SCW roulette champion there? What’s this SCW return mean to you?

EQUINOX: “Well this is my second show back since SCW reopened after it’s few months of closing. As far as the awesome title run I had in SCW my first run. That was the past and as much AS I am proud of it. I look to the future. Ben Jordan was one of the few people to beat me in the past. I would lay at night in whatever bed I was sleeping in and think about that match a lot. I was so young back then. I never have competed in the Blast from the Past tournament till now. So to make it to the Semi-Finals and to be facing Ben Jordon & his partner, it’s surreal. A rematch of sorts if you will. A chance to show him, the world and SCW what I am all about. I have a lot to prove to myself & Ben himself. See Ben I respect what you’ve done in ACW & SCW. I’ve grown a lot in the four years. Four years ago in Madagascar, he beat me at the show before Chaos in Capetown.”

Ryan looks at Nox with interest.

Ryan: “Tell us more about Ben Jordon. You seem like you really want to beat him.”

Nox nods with intent in his eyes.

Nox: “It’s true. I do want to beat him. But I also have to beat him. See this isn’t just for me. It’s for my kids. My son was four when he saw me lose to Ben Jordon. There were people that did play a role in my defeat sort of. But I still lost. But see now I have an almost two year old daughter and she’s watching me wrestle in a few days time at the Star of the Desert Arena in Primm, Nevada. I want to show her the magic that we can do in the ring again, Ben. I feel like Ben is looking at me with some sort of point to prove. Truth is we both have something to prove out there.”

Nox can’t help but chuckle.

EQUINOX: “See what makes Ben such a great adversary is he shows respect for his opponent. He gives it his all and he is not one to just stab you in the back when it’s all said & done. I feel like Ben has to feel he has something to prove to himself as I advanced as a singles champion here & other places. I know he can become champion here, why he isn’t a singles champion yet in SCW is beyond me.”

Ryan: "Why are you so respectful towards Ben?"

Nox raises an eyebrow chuckling

EQUINOX: “We both have the same drive & determination. We both have the same motivation. See Ben is simply out to prove he can go with the best of them. He’s out to prove he can do what others have been able too. But on the same note I am out to prove the exact same thing. I’m out to prove I can main event with anybody and I can do the same thing. Like for example hold the SCW internet championship one day or maybe even the World Championship. Or hell IF this was allowed team with Ben to capture those tag team championships. Maybe another great reign as Roulette Champion. Simply it doesn’t matter where I go because unlike my first run. My mind is clean. I’m healthy. But most of all I have a wonderful support system unlike years ago when my son’s mother took off with him & I had to fight addiction, suicide & everything else.”

There was such emotion in Michael’s voice when he made those comments.

Ryan: “I see, Michael that’s very touching.”

He chuckles.

Nox: “See I knew someday soon I’d be squaring off with Ben again. That’s fine by me because I welcome his challenge.”

Ryan: "Thank you for your time Nox. Do you have anything to say more on?”

Nox looks up at the ceiling and thinks.

EQUINOX: “Call it what you will. I’ve been around the world. I’ve fought some of the best to ever grace this wrestling industry. Period bar none I can be one of the best. But instead I’ve let myself become just another fan favorite in the crowd. See I love to create dream matches. Ben Jordon & Brittany Williams vs. Myself & Keira Johnson. There is no underdog in this story as we’ve all grown as wrestlers I’d like to think. SCW needs a Hero they can depend on. Unfortunately for everyone else they formed the most awesome superhero team ever in Keira Johnson & Myself when it comes to Mix Matched teams. The Hero that this world needs. The Hero that it deserves is simply me. The world is about to see an awesome match. I don’t think He knows or even the world knows what this means to me. Ben is someone I have wanted to face down the road since that day we had one match. I have all the respect in the world for him. It’s time to prove that I have something to gain and lose in this match.”

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. Ryan’s office attendant came in and delivered a note to Nox. Nox reads it and looks up before going pale as he rushes out the door. The Note reads…

“Hey Babe, I just got off the phone with your Brother. Your buddy Jay Johnek passed away in his sleep two days ago. He’s been cremated and his ashes buried in one of your spots you guys hang out in. Your brother Erik said you would know where.”

With that the scene fades to black watching Nox rush out the door to his car.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:This is for Jay:

The scene opens up with tears forming in Nox’s eyes. A lot has been on Nox’s mind since yesterday. Jay was gone but not forgotten. He was walking into a walkway headed up a path leading into the woods. He would be facing in a few days time Ben Jordon & Brittany Williams alongside Keira Johnson.

Spotting a large boulder at the top of the hill he kept climbing as he knew that was where he was buried. That was Jay’s favorite spot when he needed to get away from the world.
Once he made it to the top, he looked for an urn. Looking around he spotted a silver urn that read
“Jay Johnek January 4th, 1994 to April 16th, 2018”

Nox bent down touching the urn. He could feel the tears form as he started to speak

“Hey buddy. Long time no chat. I am so sorry for what happened. I love you man. I bet that you have been keeping an eye on me and my so called fame. I’ve got that rematch of sorts against Ben Jordon you so desperately wanted to watch. Now you can watch from the heavens little brother.”

Nox could feel the sharp pain in his chest. He wanted to scream out to the world at the top of his lungs to feed the pain.

Nox: “I promise no matter what I will give Ben, hell for you. I will do everything possible out there to win this tournament for you. Jay I wish you could personally see what happens in Primm, Nevada. You’ve always wanted to be able to see one of my matches.”

Struggling through the pain, Nox felt the tears form as he touched the urn.

Nox: “I won’t fail you Jay. I promise. You’ll be with me in my matches everywhere I go I promise.”

With that being said Nox went ahead and cried for a little bit before heading off to go catch a plane to Primm, Nevada. He had to beat Ben Jordon & Brittany for Jay. He had to win this tournament for Keira Johnson as he believed she deserved to become champion again. But he also had to win this tournament for himself and for his family.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second to None

The scene opens up with Nox having no facepaint on. A hood over his head and chrome handed sun glasses on with purple lenses. You can hear the camcorder go off as Nox takes a deep breath as he’s been through a lot in the past two days. He just lost someone who’s like a little brother to him.

He takes a deep breath before speaking

“You know, I sat down, watched every episode of SCW. That includes the SCW Climax Controls and Supercards. I even found some matches from the ACW days anything available to me so I could learn the facts of how Ben Jordon never accomplished what he is most deserving of and that’s a singles run in SCW. Ben is a tremendous talent.”

Seated on a chair in his hotel room, Nox crosses his arms.

“I don’t think Ben Jordon knows how much this means to me. To face him once more even if it’s a tag match. I am facing him and he’s quite literally one of the best. I know we’re going to give everything we have.”

He pauses, rubs his chin thoughtfully.

“I think it’s pretty surreal going back to my roots. Facing a man who has done so much for SCW Wrestling. It really gives me a chance to redefine who I am as a performer and a professional in this business. I am truly humbled by this honor to compete against him & Brittany who I don’t know anything about, my apologies."

He shrugs his shoulders.

“I could talk about how much you’ve accomplished. I could talk about whom you have beaten including me...It means that much more to me that I am facing the one guy on my bucket list. That showed up on one of my top ten lists. To give everything we have and then some is the goal. It’s a lot of pressure.”

He takes a deep breath. He’s always lived with pressure his entire life. He thrives off it.

“I am honestly looking forward to this match with tag team tournament stakes in our hairs. People coming to the SCW Climax show can expect something special. In the moments that are in that ring. In the way we do this better than anyone that night. I mean that’s why we are in the Main Event.”

He leans forward with another pause, before speaking again

“This match is going to be something to be remembered in the years to come in SCW. It’s a lot of pressure on myself to deliver that kind of caliber of a match, that caliber of a moment. To make that night SCW rolls into Primm, Nevada so special that the High Fliers never forget it. ”

He pauses before pulling up to the screen of the Camcorder the GZWA Television Championship just to show it off. He chuckles.

“With every match regardless where I am. I hold that same kind of pressure on myself very strongly. I feel like over the course of the time I have been gone. I’ve earned that right to make an impression. In the four years I have been gone, I’ve worked so hard.”

Slight pause from the Highspot Hero

“Every day, I’ve watched the stuff you’ve done Ben and been impressed second to none. Every day I’ve I watched that match against me and watch how I lost. I assure you out there Keira has my back and truly is going to be teaming with a guy who’s ready for you, second to none.”

Another pause

“Personally when it comes deep down to it, I have you to thank for pushing me. I have you to thank for making me push myself beyond my limits. So Ben when we step into that ring and that bell rings I am going to give you the best fight you’ve ever had up until now.”

Nox chuckles

“When it comes down to it. There is a lot more than pride in this match on the line. So much more than you’d understand. This is a place that will make you or it will break you. I have no doubt about that.”

Nox runs his hands through his hair with one hand as he grabs the championship he holds and sets it away from the camcorder.

“I didn’t come to SCW just to be a regular wrestler. I didn’t come here to stop at the midcard championship again. I came here to face the very best and that’s where you come in. I wonder if anyone can name another place that has given me that feeling of pressure like this place has. Truth be told you can’t.”

A slight pause from the highspot hero

“As much as it doesn’t matter what you’ve done before this, it also doesn’t matter what I’ve done. It doesn’t matter where I’ve been, what I’ve accomplished. I’ll say it again. I’ve been champion before and I can do it again. I want to be a guy this company can count on second to none.”

He smirks

“People have done a lot of doubting in the four years I have been gone from here. Nothing ever really changes. The respect from you always stays the same and I want you to know, Ben. That my respect for you will never EVER fade.”

He smiles as what he said was very true

“Last week, I had the fortune of facing Joshua Acquin and Jessie Salco alongside Keira Fisher-Johnson. Two competitors who tried to overcome us. We came out victorious. Truth is Ben & Brittany. Keira & I need this win. WE want this win. A tournament just meant to have our name as the winners. I want nothing more than to add this to my resume.”
He chuckles lightly

“Perceptions are everything and it’s how a lot of the world can tell who and what we are about. I look at you two and I see nothing more than two folks who are very good at what they do. I am quite interested in what Brittany Williams can do. I wonder if she has any relation to Sierra Williams.”

He chuckles. Hopefully the roster seeing this promo will be able to tell who both are.

“We all seek the highest of goals. But it’s our motivation and determination that drives us through. But do you ever reach that point? We’ll have to see Ben.”

He lifts his hand, raising it so that it’s level with his eyes to the ceiling before bringing his back down to come in contact with the camcorder.

“There’s always somewhere to go and something to do in this world. There’s always that one company that can bring out the energy inside you. That fire if you will. I expect everyone I face will try and push me to my limits and I love the idea of that.”

Nox pauses thinking of his childhood friend turned brother, Jay

“I can’t say you got lucky beating me four years ago. Maybe that was what drove me back here. Maybe it wasn’t. Time will tell if you can knock me from this tournament or not. You beat Cortez and Raab and that’s no small feat. That’s something to be proud of my dude.”

He sniffs inward, shaking his head.

“I’d wish I had more to say, but since you wear it on your sleeve. I can just say this.”

Nox pauses, the expression on his face tells it all as he seems excited.

“You’ve got the heart of a lion there is no doubt about that. I don’t doubt that Brittany wouldn’t have that big of a heart either. You two will be tough to beat.  But to beat us you have to get innovative. It’s just something you are going to learn how to do against me and Keira.”

Another slight pause from the Highspot Hero as he gets his hair out of his face.

“It’s that simple, guys. You either learn something new or you lose. We all have something to prove her. I’d like to think what I have riding on this is far more knowledgeable than anything you can put down. To you it’s a simple win. To me it’s simply redemption at its fullest. You want to win so badly guys. You are going to have to end me to make it to the finals. WE can’t be stopped and we won’t be stopped. This for me, my kids, My Holli and my little brother Jay god rest his soul.”

He takes a moment to breath

“So good luck to you guys out there. Second to None you’re going to get pushed to your limits. In the end man rather we win or lose you have my respect. Welcome to Wayward Dreams.”

With that being said Nox gets up and turns off the camcorder as we fade to black.

OOC: SO thankful to Ben for understanding my situation and the SCW crew. Found out this morning as I am posting this my lil brother Jay who I was going to visit before I head to Vegas in anchorage passed away in his sleep. I love you all. Good luck guys...see you when I get back the 26th.
user posted image

"Joker's of The Dark Kingdom, it's time to take your throne in your own way"!!!

SCW Championship reigns

SCW Roulette Champion (1 time) 06/08/2014-11/09/2014