Author Topic: “Is This A Joke?!”  (Read 468 times)

Offline Jessie Salco

• SCW's Heavy Metal Bombshell
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Jessie Salco
“Is This A Joke?!”
« on: July 03, 2020, 07:45:36 PM »
 At the end of the Queen for a Day Climax Control Christina’s plan came to fruition, not only had her team won the Control Your Destiny Match but Seleana had ended Violet’s title reign as Roulette Champion with outside interference from Christina to allow Seleana to win the title. Seleana went on to put out an open challenge for any challenger to challenge her and by all reports Jessie, who was the one who took the fall in the Fatal Four Way Match, was interested in accepting that challenge.

That would have to wait however as it was the week of the King for a Day Climax Control and unlike Christina, Jack Washington was only looking out for one person, himself and to that end he filled every other match slot with non-title matches whilst putting himself in a title match in the Main Event, as for Jessie? Well she had gone from the Main Event to the opening match as she was competing in a Tag Team Match against Keira Fisher Johnson and former Roulette Champion Candy, her partner? None other than her old rival Mercedes Vargas, can Jessie and Mercedes put their difficulties aside and win?

Jessie’s hotel room, Las Vegas, Nevada
Friday the 3rd of July 2020, 11:00am

Some things never change.

Take a wild guess as to what I’m talking about, I’ll wait! Okay, wait time’s over, it’s the week of the King for a Day Card and whilst it’s nowhere near as bad as Christina’s card from two weeks ago it’s still bad but not in the same “so bad, it’s good” style of Christina’s card, this is basically so okay it’s average to the point where I’m not going to bother doing a “how would I have booked this card” segment for it because frankly, it wouldn’t be so bad if it weren’t for two glaring problems.

A card full of non-title matches and the World Championship on the line in the Main Event, and guess who booked himself a title shot.

Before anyone points out the obvious, yes I was planning on doing the same thing if I won the Queen for a Day Match, I’ve admitted that so many times that I may as well add “broken record” to my list of nicknames, here’s the main difference between my card and Jack’s card, yes I was selfish enough to plan to use this card to book myself in a World Bombshell Championship Match, hell I was hardly the only one with that idea! But at the same time, I made sure that five superstars and Bombshells got title matches by way of the Six Pack Challenge Matches.

So, where does that leave me on the card? Well I’ve gone from the Main Event of the Queen for a Day show, to the opener of the King for a Day Show as I’m teaming with Mercedes Vargas to take on Keira Fisher and Candy, oh joy.

“Well, at least Jack’s not putting his friends in title matches.” Jake shrugged his shoulders as we looked over the card for the fifth time today, this was mostly to see if I could get any material out of another “Jessie Salco rebooks the show” episode (title’s a work in progress) but we honestly couldn’t find any. “But then again based on his reply to your tweet, it’s pretty clear that he’s not here to make friends.”

“I thought this was wrestling, not a reality tv show.” I responded with a scoff as I rolled my eyes at Jake’s comment. “We may have fallen out over the incident that led to the title shot ban but I’m still rooting for Ben Jordan to kick Jack’s ass.”

“I’m pretty sure that the same can be said of the rest of the roster.” Shane nodded in agreement before I sat down on the bed. “So, no material for another “rebook the card” show?”

“Honestly, it looks like a card Mark and Christian would book with one glaring exception.” I responded as I pointed to the main event. “Jack put himself in the only title match on the card! At least in my card I went out of my way to give other people title matches in the forms of the Six Pack Challenge Matches.”

“Personally, I think Violet still would’ve lost the Roulette Title in her first defence, the only thing I can’t decide on is who would’ve won.” Jake nodded in agreement before he pointed to the opening match. “And now for the elephant in the room, the opening match.”

“Yep, last time I teamed up with Mercedes was in the leadup to me challenging for the Internet Title at 2017’s Into the Void.” I responded with a nod as I looked at the match in question. “I don’t remember who our opponents were last time but I ended up winning my first and to date only Internet Championship reign, and with Seleana’s little challenge that she issued last week, well, you know what they say about history repeating.”

“Some of my friends on Facebook think that this whole Covid-19 thing is history repeating itself from the Spanish Flu Pandemic.” Shane responded as he shook his head. “I don’t really pay attention to those friends.”

“Between them and the Trump Supporters who think it’s all a hoax, they’re not worth the headaches.” Jake nodded in agreement before he turned to me. “And I’m guessing you want to talk about the opener?”

“Let’s see, talk about conspiracy theories all day all talk about my match, hard choice.” I responded sarcastically before handing him the camera, Shane went to the PC to play Fire Emblem Path of Radiance via an emulator and I got ready to do my promo.

“I was going to do another “how I would’ve booked this week’s card” segment for the King for a Day card but after going through this week’s card I found that it was worth as much effort as Jack put into the matches not featuring his selfish ass! Instead I’m just going to jump right into my match this week as Jack in his infinite wisdom has teamed me up with Mercedes Vargas to take on Keira Fisher and Cady, oh joy!”

I said as I shook my head.

“When I saw this match my first thought was “Is This A Joke”, and even if it was, it isn’t as funny as the joke of a card Christina put together two weeks ago! Mercedes has already said that she isn’t going to bring up any useless titbits as Jack put it but I’m happy to remind the audience that this isn’t the first time we’ve teamed up, the first time I teamed up with Mercedes was way back in 2017 in the lead up to that year’s Into the Void where I was challenging her for the Internet Title, we lost that match but I went on to win the title and whilst Mercedes hasn’t held a title in some time I feel confident in history repeating itself given my current plans for a certain champion.”

More on that much later, first up is Candy.

“I would say that I’m revealing my hand too early by starting with Candy, but I don’t care! Candy your reign with the Roulette Championship may have been impressive but now that you’ve lost it the world has its eyes on you and how you’ll bounce back from the loss and losing to Maki in her debut match? Not a good start by any stretch! That losing streak is going to continue on Sunday Candy when me and Mercedes win and the win will be too sweet!”

Next up is Keira.

“And speaking of the Bombshell Internet Championship, up next we have the most recent challenger for that title in the form of Kiera “can never get out of Roxi’s shadow” Johnson and whilst I will congratulate Keira on winning her last match, beating Apple Corren is like picking up the win over El Dark, sure you’ve won but it was against the easiest opponent in the division! And any momentum from that win will go up in a puff of smoke when me and Mercedes win.”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“To put it bluntly, this match is just a stop on the road for me because I have other plans that’ll be revealed this Sunday at Climax Control, it may be King for a Day but the women are opening things up in this tag team match between me and Mercedes Vargas and Keira Fisher and Candy and regardless of whether or not I win, I’ll be setting my sites higher! This is the “Unsainted Angel” Jessie Salco signing off, Candy and Keira may be friends and me and Mercedes aren’t, but we’ve teamed up before and that’s our key to victory.”

Jake shut off the cameras after finishing the recording as the scene fades.