Author Topic: “Golden Angel Part II: An Old Rivalry Renewed.”  (Read 1778 times)

Offline Ariana Angelos

• View Profile
“Golden Angel Part II: An Old Rivalry Renewed.”
« on: November 22, 2023, 10:31:30 AM »
Ariana may have helped Team Go pick up the win over Eiley and Oliver Zahn but her drama with Jet City was only just beginning as she would go on to cost Courtney the World Bombshell Championship Rematch against Julianna DiMaria and in retaliation Courtney would attempt to break Ariana’s hand right before her scheduled title defence against Tempest was set to take place! Fortunately for Ari, she would get medically cleared to not just compete but keep the title which was a good thing because the bosses were eager for her to have her first defence and it had to be postponed until she got medically cleared.

But who was the defence against? Bea Barnhart! Bea had shocked the SCW Universe by getting a surprise win over Kat Jones the same week as Courtney’s attack on Ariana and the bosses had decided to award her by granting her this title opportunity! The winner would not only retain/win the Bombshell Internet Title but they would go on to defend the title at the last SCW PPV of the Year December 2 Dismember VI which, for Ari, meant a defence against Courtney, can Ari’s reign survive?

Local hospital, Primm, Nevada
Monday the 13th of November 2023, 11:00am

I have to say, this was not how I wanted my first few weeks as Bombshell Internet Champion to go.

It started off well enough, I had helped HB Carter get the win over Eiley and Oliver in my first match as champion and gotten a small measure of payback against Courtney! Now, I was expecting some retaliation from Courtney for that because, well, that loss pretty much sent her to the back of the line, but you want to know what I didn’t expect? Courtney attempting to break my hand before my first defence.

Said defence was kinda sprung on me last minute because the original Main Event had to be rescheduled due to travel issues but it’s not like my title match against Tempest could’ve taken place, not when my hand is suspected to be broken.

And the worse part is? If my hand is broken then all my work towards getting back in the title picture will be for nothing, because there’s no way the bosses will let me wrestle with a broken hand and not only would that mean me missing several months of action but I would have to vacate the title! Which would be pretty ironic considering that the only reason I’m holding this title right now is because Aleesha Jones got injured during training and she hasn’t been heard from since.

Irony or not, that’s the last thing I want to happen, I was a fighting champion when I held the Bombshell Roulette Championship last year and I plan on being a fighting champion with the Bombshell Internet Championship, off course, I can’t do that if I’m not medically cleared.

”This wait is freaking killing me!” I groaned as I lay back against the hospital bed and Francisco gave me a sympathetic look. ”How long are these damn x-rays going to take?!”

”Just be glad you haven’t seen what some people have said on Twitter.” Francisco responded as he shook his head and I gave him a curious look. ”They are saying that you caused this.”

”Like hell!” I responded angrily as sat up in bed. ”Courtney started this when she had her wife cost me the World Bombshell Title at Violent Conduct, me costing Courtney the title was payback and it sure as hell didn’t warrant this!”

”And this is why I volunteered to tweet on your behalf.” Franky responded with a sigh but before I could say anything else the door to my room at the hospital opened and the doctor came in alongside a nurse to check my blood pressure. ”Her Blood Pressure might be a bit higher than when you last checked it, this whole situation has my wife fired up.”

“We’ll see what the reading says but thanks for letting me know.” The nurse thanked Franky who nodded in response before she took the blood pressure reading, I swear these machines were designed to be used as torture devices! “Hm, a bit high but not exactly dangerously high, she’s all yours doc.”

”That’s good to know at least.” I nodded in response before the nurse removed the strap from around my arm and left the room leaving us alone with the doctor. ”So, what’s the word?”

“The good news is that you’ll be free to go within the hour, the better news is that it isn’t a break, rather a bad sprain.” The doctor explained and I breathed a sigh of relief when I heard that. “I know your employers were waiting on the results and whilst you are free to tell Mr. Ward and Mr. Underwood yourself when you next see them, I am clearing you to compete and defend your championship.”

”That’s the best news I’ve heard all morning.” I responded with a massive sigh of relief and Francisco nodded in agreement. ”Am I free to go now or do I have to wait for a bit?”

“I’m afraid you’ll have to wait a while longer you’ll need to be fitted for a brace.” The doctor responded and I nodded in response. “As for recovery time, it should take you at least two weeks, it’s a bad sprain though so it can realistically last into the New Year.”

”Honestly? I’ll take that over a break any day of the week, especially since I’d have to give up my title if it was broken.” I responded with a sigh of relief and the doctor nodded before he left the door. ”Mind passing me my phone? I want to text Carter to let him know what the doctor said.”

”Off course.” Francisco nodded before he got my phone out and passed it to me. ”Are you sure about this? Courtney went after your dominant hand.”

”I’m sure, besides, it’s not like I rely on my hands for my offence anyway.” I responded with a reassuring nod as I started texting Carter with the abridged version of what the doctor had told me. ”And besides, I saw the card preview for next week’s show in Flagstaff, aside from Courtney’s match against Harper the main thing I saw was that my first defence was going to be against Bea and that it’s been postponed barring the results of my medical test, I can beat Bea with one hand tied behind my back, I’m not worried!”

Once I was fitted with a brace for my hand and given instructions I was let go and I would go on to announce that I was medically cleared that weekend at Climax Control, as for the match against Bea? I didn’t exactly have to wait long for that to be made official, because that was the semi-main event for the penultimate Climax Control off the cycle, if nothing else I took great joy in Harper beating Courtney, even if it was by disqualification.

But I couldn’t concentrate solely on Courtney, Bea may have been the bottom of the Bombshell Division’s Totem Pole but the fact remained that she had pulled out some shocking wins this year, from rookie upstarts like Harper to respected veterans like Kat.

And I’ll be damned if I go down in history as the Bombshell who lost the Bombshell Internet Title to Bea Barnhart.

Ariana’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Tuesday the 21st of November 2023, 15:00pm

Let’s just say that this was not how I pictured spending this year’s holiday months.

Because of my hand injury Francisco’s taken it upon himself to take over most of the house chores, up to and including cleaning the house and feeding the pets (and walking them in the case of Oreo and Zeus) and every time I offer to pitch in? He’s said the same thing: “you nearly lost your title due to a hand injury, let’s not push our luck!”

Worse part is? He’s right, but it’s making me feel kind of useless as I watch him do most of the work around the house!

Bur yeah, since I got cleared at Climax Control, I’ve had one thing on my mind, get past the first defence and focus on Courtney! Said first defence is against Bea Barnhart and on paper? She shouldn’t be that much of a challenge.

Only issue is? I’m wrestling that much injured! I have a massive target on my hand and I know Bea’s going right for it!

”God forbid I hold that idiot accountable.” I muttered to myself as I lay down on the couch, my good hand resting behind my head and the injured hand resting on a pillow laid atop my stomach. ”I’d almost ask if they would’ve gone after me with the same vigour as when they went after Krystal for breaking Ruby’s arm when she was possessed by Sin if Courtney had broken my hand but it’s not like they limit that to wrestlers they like.”

”Ari, have you heard back from Carter about taking the dogs with us?” I glanced up and saw Francisco entering the room with Oreo and Zeus right behind him. ”I know we’ll only be gone for a few hours on Thursday but still.”

”I haven’t really gotten around to asking him if Mrs. Thang gets on with dogs.” I responded with a shrug as Zeus walked up to me and I used my good hand to stroke him. ”Zeus and Oreo live with Peaches and Athena so it’s not a question of if the dogs get on with cats, it’s a question of whether that specific cat gets on with dogs, it might be too late to ask him now but I’ll try to remember for when we travel up to Seattle for the holidays next month.”

”If not we at least have a dog sitter in Juliana, though I’m still not sure about transporting Peaches since she’s still a feral.” Francisco responded with a nod before the dogs made themselves comfy by the sofa. ”At least we were able to get her kittens rehomed.”

”Makes me thankful that we got her and Athena spayed soon afterwards, we made a decent amount of money from selling the kittens but that’s not a headache I want to go through again.” I responded as I shook my head and Francisco nodded in agreement. ”At least we got Zeus neutered so that we don’t have to worry about him getting Oreo pregnant, as adorable as a Labrador/Border Collie Cross Breed dog would be, that much intelligence crossed with that much energy sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.”

”No argument there.” Francisco responded before he sat down across from me. ”Do you know if Carter’s told mom and grams about your injury yet?”

”To my knowledge? No, and I haven’t been texting him as often as I usually do because of my injured hand either.” I responded as I shook my head and Francisco nodded in understanding. ”If they ask I’ll just tell them the truth, that my hand was injured during a show, they don’t need to know the details assuming Carter hasn’t told them off course.”

”And that’s assuming Carter won’t fill them in on the details.” Francisco responded with a nod before I set up and moved the pillow onto my lap. ”Do you think Bea has a chance at dethroning you with your injury?”

”I’d say no but that woman’s pulled out wins over Kat Jones and Harper Mason, a respected veteran and a up and coming wrestling prodigy respectively.” I responded as I shook my head and Francisco nodded in response. ”That said? I’ll be damned if I end up being the Bombshell who lost her title to Bea Barnhart on her first defence, if you thought people got on Harper’s case for losing her second match in SCW to Bea? Then imagine the fallout from me, after spending most of the year chasing after my second singles title, losing it in my first defence to Bea?” I added as o shook my head. ”I won’t do something as dramatic as quit SCW in protest but it’ll take me a good chunk of the new year to live that loss down!”

”All the more reason to ensure that you don’t lose the title to Bea.” Francisco assured me before he checked the time on his phone. ”Getting close to four o’clock, might as well get a start on dinner.”

”Four o’clock already?” I asked before checking the time on my phone and confirming that was the case. ”Well great, I guess time’s decided to just fly by with my injury! I guess the one upside is that it’ll be February before long and I’ll be able to take the brace off since three months will have passed by that time!”

”Maybe but don’t get too far ahead of yourself, otherwise you’ll know what happens at December 2 Dismember in advance!” Francisco teased me before he went into the kitchen to prepare dinner.

Hiking Trail, Las Vegas, Nevada
Tuesday the 21st f November 2023, 21:00pm

*promo time*

Here we go.

”If, for some strange reason, I had to describe what happened at Climax Control two weeks ago using the lyrics of a One-Hit Wonder from the 90s that originated from England, I’d have to go with “I get up, then I get down again, then I get down again”, no I’m not quoting the rest of the song because those are literally the only lyrics I know to that song.” I commented before displaying my braced hand to the camera. ”I’m gonna keep this short and sweet, Courtney? You didn’t finish the job bitch! And now I’m coming for your ass, but first? I have to get past the on Bombshell in the Division with an infinite title shot cheat code without any of the accolades that set Mercedes Vargas apart from her! I am off course talking about Bea Barnhart.”

Oh joy.

”Considering Bill was in a Roulette Title Match at the beginning of the cycle? I’m beginning to think that you and your husband have blackmail material on the bosses, sure, you can point towards your win over Kat Jones but we both know that’ll get exposed as a fluke once I’m done with you.” I stated before shaking my head. ”The last time we wrestled was when SCW was in Rome, a show that became infamous for a completely different thing that happened the same night but keeping things limited to us? It was Carter that scored the win in that Mixed Tag, not me, and I’m out to rectify that.”

And what better way?

”Obviously a bit has changed since that show, I’m the Bombshell Internet Champion and the latest in a long line of champions forced to suffer through the torturous process of making you look good, the only reasons I’m putting up with this are the fact that I’ve been waiting to defend this title since I won it from Luna at High Stakes, even offering to defend it against Seleana after Roxi pulled out of their match the other week, but if we’re being honest Bea? You’re not even a bump in the road to December 2 Dismember VI for me!” I added as I shook my head. ”I mean really? Where there no Bombshells with credibility that could’ve challenged me instead?”

Do you really want to know?

”You’re not even a stop sign, you’re a pothole that I’m going to run over and worry about any damage to my car later because my destination is more important than the journey.” I stated as I folded my arms. ”But there is one thing that needs to be addressed, something that I hinted at right at the start of the promo, my injury.” I added as I held up my injured hand. ”Bet you can’t wait to get your hands on my…….err, hand, can’t you Bea? Yeah, that sounded a lot better in my head.”

Anyway…….

”You see this?” I held up my braced hand to the camera. ”You probably saw it at Climax Control but then again, you and your husband are infamous for not paying attention to the show and making up shit about your opponents and yes, I am still mad about that one time you accused Carter of faking his broken finger to get out of a Roulette Title Match against Miles! The point is, the doctors said that this will take three months to fully heal, to save you from the smell of burning that often accompanies your thoughts Bea? That will take me through to the New Year, February to be precise.” I added before making a fist with my bad hand. ”I could have taken those three months off and let my hand recover, but I wasn’t about to let my Bombshell Internet Title get vacated after I chased after this damn thing for most of the year!”

Nope!

”And you know what Bea? I’m not losing this title to the likes of you either!” I added as I held up the title with my good hand. ”Do you really think I want to go down in history as the Bombshell who’s reign was ended at the first defence by Bea Barnhart? Injury or no injury, that would be a permanent stain on my record as an SCW Bombshell, hell I’d prefer losing it to either of the women you recently beat, Harper may be young but she’s shown more respect towards her opponents in the two months since she signed that SCW Contract than you have over the course of your SCW Career! And Kat? Her reign may have been short but she was still a Bombshell Roulette Champion and unlike you and Bill’s Mixed Tag Title Reign? She at least got to defend it, either Harper or Kat would’ve made for worthier opposition for my first title defence than you but I guess I have to deal with the hand that I’ve been dealt!”

It's that simple.

”But make no mistake Bea? This title’s not going anywhere, I need to hold onto it until the end of January to hit the hundred day mark, the main thing that will help with that is the fact that the Christmas Holidays/New Year’s Eve are right after December 2 Dismember VI.” I added as I flipped some hair over my shoulder. ”You are not a worthy first challenger Bea, you are nothing but a joke, the rut of the Bombshell Division, yet you’ve managed to squeak out the odd surprise win here and there recently, your luck ran out when your win over Harper scored you a Bombshell Roulette Title Match and your luck will run out again against me!”

And with that I decided to wrings up.

”I’m sure the bosses will find an excuse to book you in another title match Bea, but we all know that will just end the same way!” I stated as I held up the Bombshell Internet Championship. ”Who knows? Maybe Julianna will defend her title against you in a surprise match next week, I mean, you haven’t pissed off anyone in a while which is a shame because people care more about the people who interfere in her title matches than they do about her title matches but I digress! Bea, once you bask in the glory of the Golden Angel’s Light? You will fall to the bottom of the line yet again whilst I retain the title! See you on Sunday.”

I walked off as the scene fades.