Author Topic: Expected things come in big surprises for Rodrigo.  (Read 2142 times)

Offline Rodrigo Afonso

• View Profile
Expected things come in big surprises for Rodrigo.
« on: November 17, 2023, 11:13:25 PM »
Cambridge, Massachusetts. Friday 3rd November (Off-Camera)

Rodrigo and Ella were sitting inside of the waiting room, waiting to be seen by a doctor due to their discovery three weeks ago of Ella potentially could be pregnant. It was tough to get an appointment, especially when Ella wasn't technically living in US yet. Luckily, the language factor wasn't going to affect her from coming to United States to live, but she still had to sort out visas, her belongings to move to US which means she'd have to go back to Switzerland at some point to sort all of that out. That wasn't important right now, what was the news that hit them immediately, especially Rodrigo was still a kid who hadn't grown up yet. Ella held Rodrigo's hand, even if people looked at Rodrigo funny because of the burn on his face.

Ella: “I'm scared.”

Rodrigo Afonso: “Everything will be fine, even if we are a young couple.”

Ella: “I know most of all, I'm scared of flying back to Switzerland if I am pregnant.”

Rodrigo Afonso: “I know you are and if I can, during the Christmas period, I come back to Switzerland with you and help you pack.”

Ella: “Thank you.”

Ella fell into Rodrigo's arms and he kissed Ella on her head and stroked her as he saw a lot of couples going in and check for the same thing or for regular pregnancy check ups, even if he didn't feel he was good at reassuring his now girlfriend, especially being in a new relationship and all. Rodrigo and Ella were being patient, although Rodrigo was afraid inside of him, but refuses to show Ella his concerns.

More so when they were called up by a female doctor and because they were both new, Rodrigo asked doctor a question as Ella stood up.

Rodrigo Afonso: “Do I go in with Ella?”

Doctor: “Yes.”

Rodrigo nods as he stands up and walks into the office and closes the door as Ella was shown to the bed and Rodrigo sat next to her, while she laid in bed and lifts up her stomach area of her shirt. The female blonde hair doctor looked at Rodrigo and Ella and she asks them a question.

Female doctor: “What can I help you both with?”

Ella: “I took a pregnancy test and said it was positive so here we are.”

Doctor: “OK, let me use a special machine and before I get on with the checks if you are indeed pregnant, you guys want a picture?”

Both Rodrigo and Ella nodded as they did need a picture to show to their families about them potentially being grandparents and it was the time to find out from their discovery what their plans are for the future. Rodrigo and Ella looked on the screen as Ella flinched with the cold blue gel on her stomach and the doctor took a while before he found a discovery.

Doctor: “You see here, there's the cervix and the uterus. That dark sac there, that's the amniotic sac. Right there in the middle is the embryo. You see that flicker in the middle, that's a heartbeat. Looks like you are pregnant, about nine to ten weeks I'd say. Congratulations.”

Right there, Rodrigo stood there in absolute shock and Ella started tearing up, saying oh no, trying to soak up the feeling that they were going to have a baby together at a young age.

Doctor: “I meet you both in the office and give you both sometime here alone.”

The doctor went in the office with the picture being printed off and Ella still crying and Rodrigo was deep down inside, looking at the floor stating oh shit to himself and then looks up at Ella and strokes her back.

Rodrigo Afonso: “It'll be OK as I said.”

Ella: “I want to be with you, always.”

Rodrigo Afonso: “No matter what happens between us, whether we'll be together or not, I will still be apart of our baby's life. I have to be responsible here.”

Ella: “You do.”

Rodrigo Afonso: “I will do everything I can to assist you and have the baby born right here. I'll be every step of the way. Now, shall we go into that office and discuss other plans?”

Ella nodded as she noticed the doctor left piece of tissue and she wiped up the gel from her stomach and they stood up with Rodrigo assisting her and they went into the office and closed the door behind them.

Doctor: “So you both decided what you're going to do with the baby?”

Ella: “Oh, we decided to keep it. We want to be parents as I don't agree with the options of having our baby adopted or aborted.”

Doctor: “I guess you both have a few questions to ask about the pregnancy.”

Rodrigo Afonso: “What kind of things Ella has to eat?”

Doctor: “I suggest healthy fruit and veg foods, but also make sure the meat is cooked well done. Do any of you smoke?”

They shook their heads, although Rodrigo says this.

Rodrigo Afonso: “Although my father does.”

Doctor: “She must not be near your dad when he smokes as it will affect the baby in the long run and Rodrigo, she will need you to take care of her.”

Rodrigo Afonso: “I'm not leaving her side no matter what. I'm not a dickhead like that.”

Ella: “How long will I be pregnant?”

Doctor: “Ten months. I will give you and Rodrigo a leaflet about being pregnant and I'll grab that picture out off the printer there for you both to read. I also suggest you get some parenting classes as well since you both are a very young couple.”

Both nodded as Rodrigo and Ella stood up from the chairs in the doctor's office as they walked out of the room with the pregnancy leaflets and grabbed the picture of early signs of the baby and left the office for Rodrigo to get Ella into the car and they drove back home with happiness all over their face, despite a touch of fear as well. Rodrigo drove home and instead of letting her out of the car once he unlocked the house door, he picked up Ella and carried her to his home to gently place her on the sofa. He closes all doors and locks the car up before going into his home and they discuss the future they now have together with a little boy or girl on the way.

------------------------------------

Cambridge, Massachusetts. Friday 16th November (Off-Camera)

Although Rodrigo didn't wrestle well in his match against Eddie Lyons, it was because he didn't really have any material to give to him, considering he respected him too much. However, it had been a while he had gotten in contact with his trainer from England since he came over to give Rodrigo some training with hardcore wrestling, Lee Baker. Granted a lot has happened in Rodrigo's life since that time and hadn't been with a girl until afterwards. Regardless, he had a phone call and it was from Lee Baker. In case things got intense with Lee, he took the phone call in the future baby's bedroom since Ella was sleeping in the other bedroom. He closed the door and picked the phone up.

Rodrigo Afonso: “Hello, Lee.”

Lee Baker: “How come I've not heard from you since a few weeks ago?”

Rodrigo Afonso: “Listen, something has happened in my life and I'm taking care of it.”

Lee Baker: “I know you got skateboarding Olympic qualifiers coming up, I understand you're taking care of that.”

Rodrigo Afonso: “No, nothing to do with skateboarding. More I um met a girl while I was in Switzerland, Ella. Beautiful lady and ended up sleeping together.”

It was hard because although Rodrigo and Ella recently told their parents on the phone and will aim for them to go to Switzerland to get the entire family together, although Ella's dad wanted to take Rodrigo's throat out, although he said he was drunk and wished he had been responsible. There was a long pause from Rodrigo, shaking his head.

Lee Baker: “You're going to tell me, she's pregnant, aren't you?”

Rodrigo Afonso: “Yes. I take full responsibility for my behaviour because I was drunk at the time. That's why I've been so busy.”

Lee Baker: “That I can really understand, I was worried about you, especially with your performance against Eddie Lyons.”

Rodrigo Afonso: “I had an off day to be honest and rather not discuss that. I wait until next week to make up for it.”

Lee cleared his throat and that was not always a good sign for Rodrigo, knowing how serious Lee was at times when he cleared his throat as Rodrigo responds.

Rodrigo Afonso: “Why you doing that? There's no way I'm wrestling this week.”

Lee Baker: “Think again, boy. Because while I understand the circumstances with your girl and congratulations on having a baby by the way, despite you being too young to be a dad, you better be looking on the Sin City Wrestling website.”

It was a strange situation for Rodrigo because ever since he signed with Sin City Wrestling, he had never had to wrestle one week after he's done a wrestling match. He got his mobile phone and checked the website and the latest card said his name and Rodrigo dropped the mobile phone on the floor hard.

Lee Baker: “Oh yeah, that's happening.”

Rodrigo Afonso: “How?”

Lee Baker: “Sin City Wrestling bosses say you have a bright future and what they love about you is you can pull wins out of anywhere. I know, granted the two losses in the row hurt, but this is your ultimate test. Goth is a hall of fame Sin City Wrestling legend.”

Rodrigo Afonso: “That's why I said how, especially after my piss poor performance.”

Rodrigo couldn't believe it. Sure his girlfriend was pregnant with a baby, but this was a step too fast for Rodrigo to already face a hall of fame legendary wrestler. Peter Vaughn might be a step up from the usual already, but Goth was another level above Peter in terms of the status. Lee got Rodrigo back on track.

Lee Baker: “Everyone can have a bad day at work. It happens in life, even happened with your skateboarding career. But you learn to deal with it and granted, you've dealt with the losses better than most wrestlers have and you're nineteen. I guess your experience with the X-Games gold medal loss has helped you deal with it.”

Rodrigo Afonso: “It has and I refuse to be like other wrestlers, lose my mind mentally over a loss. I was disappointed, but I shut that away. I thought I performed against Eddie worse than the first time.”

Lee Baker: “Forget that. Focus on Goth who you will gain so much experience with. He's far tougher than Peter, but you're given a chance to prove to Goth that you're no pushover, especially I still remember you locking submission hold on Bill Barnhart. I suggest you do that again with Goth.”

Rodrigo Afonso: “I get it, he's much bigger than me. I will do everything I can to win the match, especially for Ella and myself. I gotta go and do more training then. Bye.”

Rodrigo put the phone down as he goes downstairs to write a note to Ella about going down to the gym to do training because he has a match against a hall of fame wrestler, Goth. Rodrigo places a note next to Ella as she was sleeping and then went downstairs again and heads out of the door to do some training for the match against Goth.

-----------------------------

Another unexpected match out of the blue youtube.com shoot (On-Camera)

“I have no idea what's going on in Sin City Wrestling lately that I'm getting unexpected matches. First was against Peter Vaughn for the Roulette title twice and now, I'm facing against a legendary hall of fame wrestler in Sin City Wrestling, Goth. Has to be one of my biggest matches in my career, that's for sure. I'm really surprised, considering I haven't done much and underperformed against Eddie and I congratulate him on the win, I just had nothing for him.

But I do with you, Goth. Because you have earned all your title wins, including the tag titles and being in the hall of fame because you held so many titles, heck some say you're one of the top guys in this company right now and I take that seriously because I have to with somewhat of an early opportunity to prove to myself to you. While knowing at the same time, I will gain a lot of experience from wrestling you.

But you don't sound good when you're mentally in pain a lot because you crave to be the Heavyweight champion again and I got to ask since it's been on my mind since the match was announced and your in ring speech last week, if you've been champion so many times, why are you even more desperate to win it again? I will never understand, considering you could easily develop young talent of the future to make a mark in the business.

I get it, it must be crushing to have a World Title defeat, but even I didn't come across being desperate of wanting another title shot because the end of the day, I wasn't prepared for a title shot and I still got a long way to grow. I may have wanted a match with Miles sure, but it's only because everyone at my wrestling school talks nothing, but him. I don't even want to face him for the title as such, but just because he's an excellent wrestler.

As I said to Peter and I will say it to you again, being desperate to win the World Title can cost you mistakes and it's because of your desperateness that you lost the match to win the title. Despite the amount of times you held the title, just because you have, in my opinion, you got to work to earn it again. I get it, you want to face the top wrestlers, but you don't get to decide who they place you in matches with, Sin City Wrestling bosses do.

Admittedly, I don't know what mental pain feels like apart from losing the gold medal at X-Games back in two thousand and twenty one, but I know what psychially pain feels like. Of course, two very different things, but still, I will push myself through pain barriers to wrestle to my full potential. I have to against you because you are a top talent around SCW and that's no lie.

Of course, the best part about all this is your weakness is my strength, speed. Of course that doesn't always work against big guys like you, but making you big guys submit does. I proved that against Bill a few weeks ago. I have the ability to pull wins out of the bag with every odds stacked against me. Although you should know why I wear the face paint by now because I got burned when I was younger and I almost died from it.

Did you get burned or did you have surgery that went wrong for you to wear face paint in the past or was it part of your wrestling character let's put that into words because I hate the word, gimmick? What happened to the respectful Goth everyone knew in the past. You don't look like you're a Goth, despite the name. If you seen my skateboarding and wrestling videos, I'm way more of a Goth than you are.

I get it, you're going to underestimate me and think you got this match won because you have the experience. I'm not defending those parts, but as hard and experienced you are, you aren't going to win the match, not for a single second. I don't know why you want to leave on top, considering all the times you left and returned god knows how many times, you have left on top. Coming back, leaving so frequently, doesn't make your returns special anymore. It only ruins your credibility of your career. I will never leave the skateboarding or wrestling scene until I can't wrestle or skate anymore and retire, no matter if I left on top or bottom, but that's far away for me yet.

I wonder what you were doing at thirteen years old? Did you prove to the entire world that you were making a ton of money winning gold medals in a sport like I was, while still at school or were you in school learning or even just out of the streets, homeless, wondering what you want to do with your life?

Going off topic a bit there without relevance to wrestling. I'm not going to disagree with you on me not deserving to face you as it was a shock to me as it was for you to see you face me, but I will prove everything I have learned so far in my career to be the top wrestler because I'm not a big believer in calling someone best. That word does not exist to me, but I will also gain more experience and learn everything I can to get better.

I'm the underdog and I'm glad to be there because I don't want to be some overrated and overhyped wrestler that has all got things going good for him and then turn utterly rubbish wrestlers. I'm going to wrestle you and pull this win out of the bag, despite the size differences, despite the losses I've gotten and despite you having more experience than me. I'm in this match because SCW bosses see the future in me.

They see that I'm more than capable of competing against you and that I will. But because your desperate of facing Ben, Carter, J2H, Austin, Jack and even Peter again, it will cost you this match. Me? I got nothing to focus on. I got nothing in my way of capturing the win, nor am I desperate for anything. I will take the legendary wrestler down and shock the world of making you tap out since you want pain so much. Maybe you'll feel the pain of embarrassment when I defeat you in the ring. Good luck Goth because as much as you are a threat and I respect your accomplishments, it's not going to do you good when you can't stop me from winning this match.”