Author Topic: The Candy Shop Talk  (Read 2156 times)

Offline Kandy Kaine

• View Profile
    • Kandy Kaine
The Candy Shop Talk
« on: November 10, 2023, 06:41:04 PM »
Inside of a candy shop just outside of Prime, Nevada, we see walls filled to the max with brightly colored candies. Done of them are delicately chewy gummy bears and other shapes. Others are candy coated chocolates. Then of course the mandatory Jelly Belly rows. It isn't long before we see Kandy Kaine pushing a shopping cart through that first aisle. Matty Mallow follows behind her. A young kid stands at the register with his mom and gasps as he sees this.

Kid: Wow I didn't know they had shopping carts here.

Cashier: We… don't?

Candy whistles to the tune of “Candy Girl” as she pulls her first bag from the roll. She pulls the top off of the third jar to scoop out a plethora of gumballs.

Kandy: Isn't this the most magical place in the entire world?

Matty: I thought that was Disney Land.

Kandy: Hershey Pennsylvania is more magical than that place. And this place is even more magical.

Kandy seals the bag and walks over to another jar of chocolate covered raisins. She nearly fills it up before putting both bags into the cart. She moved along to find a jar of gummy sharks and she chomps down with an “arrrrgh” sound before scooping up many of them into the bag.

Kandy: It's really important to eat a well balanced diet before a match. Carb loading they call it. Sugar is s carb, I think.

Matty: Yeah a simple one.

Kandy: There is nothing simple about this deliciousness, ya dig? It's prrrrrrrfect.

Kandy continues scooping candy into bags before teaching the saltwater taffy. She takes a giant whiff se she opens the jar.

Kandy: Just magical. Like Celeste North staying undefeated for over a year. That took lots of talent and positivity.

Matty: An SCU deep cut, I see.

Kandy: Totally deep. But those who paid attention will know.

Matty: So someone said that you put a little note of kindness about your opponent for this week.

Kandy smiles and nods, chocolate sticking to her teeth as she does so.

Kandy: Yaaap! Georgie really does have the best hair in the locker room. Sporty, stylish, spontaneous, and versatile. Is that enough big words?

Matty: I'm not so sure they're all that big…

Kandy shrugs before filling up a few bags of Jelly Belly’s.

Kandy: I mean she's gorgeous and talented and new, but she's already left her mark. Who wouldn't want to see her kick my heiny all over that ring. She's just great.

Matty: Aren't you supposed to be talking down to your opponent?

Kandy: Sha, if I was like everyone else. But I'm the princess of positivity. I do things a little differently around here. I talk nice about my opponents. I think they could very well stand a chance at beating me. I used to play dumb on television, but not no more! Now I am average IQ. Unlike Georgie who has an above level IQ.

Matty: but how do you even know that? That's not something we know!

Kandy finished filling the cart with s little bit of everything as she goes to the counter to start unloading things.

Kandy: Hey candy shop worker. Only 44 days until Christmas, do Merry Christmas!!!

The worker glares at Kandy for bringing this up. Kandy smiles as she continues talking to Matty.

Kandy: it's like you can just tell she's smart. I have to go with my gut since there's little known about her. She's British and those Brits are smart. They think outside of the box with their cookie biscuits and their fry chips and tea. Tea also means to eat. But anyway, she's a right old bruiser and I'm buying this candy to stuff my suit with so I don't get all bruised up.

Matty: Don't you plan on winning? By not getting the crud knocked out of you?

Kandy: Anything can happen when you go against someone as powerful as Georgie Robertson. I'd rather be prepared than be sorry. Hey could you hand me my purse so I can pay?

Matty goes to lift the purse up, but it jerks his arm down and he grimaces.

Matty: Daaaaang, Kandy. What do you have in here? A ton of rocks?

Kandy nods as she takes the purse carefully. She pulls out her wallet and then retrieves a card

Kandy: Some nice guy on the streets sold me a state if the art purse security system. It looks like rocks, but it's 75 pounds of broken cinder block. and I had just enough cash to buy it like it was my lucky day.

After the purchase is complete, Kandy takes the cart out to her bubblegum pink Jeep Wrangler. They begin unpacking the cart.

Kandy: I'm excited to see which one of us wins because I respect Georgie. Even if they respect isn't returned. So win or lose, I'm gonna raise my hand up with hers to show off some good sportsmanship. Because that's how Kandy do.

Matty: But it's your debut match. Don't you wanna win it?

Kandy: Of course. But look at you. you win last week and you thought you were done for. Just imagine if I actually thought I had a chance. And against s great opponent like Georgie too. That would be awesome. But if I lose, then I lost to someone with a ton of skills. See what I mean?

Matty nods, but he's not quite there yet.

Kandy: What good does it do if I best someone who is not very good? It looks cheap. and if I lose to that person who I make look bad, then what am I worth? A whole lot less. So imagine talking good about Georgie. I might even make a friend out of this. how cool would that be?

Matty: Pretty darn cool if I do say so myself, scro.

Kandy scoffs.

Kandy; I really wish you didn't call me that. That refers to a man's… coin purse. His bag o marbles. His family jewel sack. His…

Matty: I get it. Just part of being around Jamie for too long.

Kandy: He has that effect. You know, I think I'm going to start carbo loading now. I need to be at the top of my game by Sunday and that's just two days away. And I got a special surprise for everyone to hopefully make even more friends!

Kandy pulls out a bag of kit Kats and begins quickly shucking the wrappers. She stuffs it into her mouth like a true candy crush ninja.

Kandy: Scccom! Immanamamawaaah!

Matty: oooooh-kay… let's get you back to the hotel room safe and sound…

Matty opens the door for Kandy and moves around to the driver's side door. He gets in and the two leave the parking lot to the tune of 50 Cent ‘Candy Shop’. The scene fades out on their tail lights getting smaller.