Author Topic: Getting Back Up  (Read 309 times)

Offline Kate Steele

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • "The Nurse" Cynthia Warren
Getting Back Up
« on: December 07, 2018, 05:54:38 PM »
 Tampa Bay, Florida
Oiff Camera

It was back to the basics as Kate Steele was in her very own gym training. She could be seen doing some jump rope as she leaped over her rope over and over again. In the corner of the room her little 8 year old girl Juliet was watching her do work. Kate couldn’t believe how far she had fallen. When she returned to the company she knew she could be destined for so many amazing things. She was going to work her ass off to get through the ranks to get to the very top of the food chain among other things but that just wasn’t the case. She didn’t conquer the things she had hoped for and instead not only fell to Crystal Hilton but she also fell short in her quest of beating Cat Riley so now it was back to the drawing board. It was time to go back to the basics and back to the things that got her near the top in the first place.

It was all about hard work and dedication, and she wasn’t going to let anything stop her in her path to get back to the top. She knew this is what made her and despite everything that was thrown her way she felt as if she wasn’t broken. She felt she had much more to prove. She felt like this is exactly where she wanted to be.

Kate slowly turned her eyes over to Juliet who just seems astonished by how hard her mother was working. Kate threw the jump rope to the ground as she grabbed a towel to wipe the sweat from out of her face. She shook her head as she sat beside Juliet.

“What’s going on through your mind pumpkin, you seem a bit confused…”

Juliet just nodded her head as she glared right back into her mother. She sighs in return not knowing what to say.

“Is mommy really going to be okay?! Mean Crystal hurt you badly and mommy has been acting really mean lately. I just want my old mommy back and…”

Kate nodded her head in agreement as she grabbed her daughter and hugged her tightly.

“I know pumpkin… I know you are worried about me but after Crystal beat me up. I decided I would never act mean like that again. To be honest I became the very thing that I always told you not to become and that’s a bully. Bullies eventually get what’s coming to them and even though Christina might have been super mean truth be told mommy deserved it…. I did a lot of bad things. Things I wish I could take back. Do you remember how scared you were when those mean people took you?!”

Juliet nods her head in agreement as she looks back at her mother with a scared expression in her eyes.

“Yes it was super scary… I just wanted to be back with mommy and daddy… It felt like forever before they let me see you again!”

“Exactly” Is all Kate can say in return as she continues to smile and looks back at her daughter.

“Truth is they only did that because I hurt Crystal’s daughter. I broke her arm and being the strong mother that Crystal is she only wanted to do what was right for her baby girl. I would have done the same very thing for you. Two wrongs don’t make a right and because I kept on being a bully hurting the ones that Christina loved it all eventually caught back up to me. I know it was painful to see me get hurt but it needed to happen.”

“Why did you need to get hurt?!”

“Simply for balance reasons pumpkin, how do you think Brittany’s mom felt when I hurt her?!”

Juliet just shakes her head with a loud sigh as she shrugs her shoulders.

“She didn’t like it…”

“Exactly… This is why I told you to never become a bully. In the end they never win and what just happened with me shows exactly why. But we shouldn’t focus so much on the past because there’s a bright future ahead of us. Christmas is coming up and this is the time of the year where we all should be good people. After all Santa Claus is watching and I don’t want Santa to think that I am so bad that he has to leave me a box of coal under the tree. This is why I want you to be better than mommy. Don’t be the woman that I was Jules. You need to be better and be on your best behavior. Always treat people with kindness and if you see a bully stand up to them…”

“I understand mom…”

Is all the little girl can say in response as she gets up and hugs her mom tightly.

“I love you mommy…”

“Awwww I love you too sweetie… Despite how bad mommy might be. I just want you to know that you are everything to me. You are the most important thing in my life and nothing will ever change that…”

The two share a very heartfelt moment as they engage into a long passionate hug and a few moments later that is when the sound of a doorbell rings all throughout the house. Kate just looks at Juliet as she lifts her up and brings her upstairs with her. She goes to the door and swings it open. She is shocked to see that the woman on the other side of the door is none other than her former best friend Kimberly Williams. The two just look at one another for a moment before Kate places Juliet on the ground as Kate crosses her arms. Kimberly sighs as she begins to speak.

“Do you mind if I come inside?!”

Kate however just shakes her head.

“I don’t understand what you are trying to prove between the hospital visit and now seeing me here. Last time you were here you threatened me and then before I knew it I got word that my daughter was kidnapped all because you let your husband use you. You were supposed to be my best friend and yet you did that to me!”

Kimberly sighs.

“And what else was I supposed to do Kate?! You hurt his daughter. You know how Todd gets when he is super angry. He only did what he felt was right. Just be lucky this isn’t how it was in the old days. He would have sent a whole bunch of goons over here and you may not even be breathing at this point. Just be lucky he used me instead of somebody else and because we have this tight connection I was able to make sure things went in a very different way…”

Kate shakes her head as she looks back at Kimberly and she angrily points at the door.

“I don’t want to hear it to be brutally honest. I don’t think I could ever forgive you so why don’t you just make your exit and…”

Juliet however stands in front of her mother as she gazes up into her eyes. Kate is a little taken back as she really didn’t expect to see her daughter acting like this.

“No mommy! This isn’t the way that you should be acting!”

Kate raises an eyebrow as she gazes back at her daughter.

“What do you mean?!”

“Mommy you need to let go of the past. I know it hurts that Auntie Kimberly would act in the way she did but I am sure she meant no harm. She was just doing what her husband wanted her to do, and you told me it’s all about forgiveness so why don’t we forgive her…”

Kimberly nods her head as she bends down looking at the little girl.

“I am so sorry Juliet. I really am. I didn’t mean any harm by what happened I was just listening to my husband. You weren’t going to get hurt. He was just super angry from what your mother did to his daughter.”

“Right and bullies need to be punished and people need to take a stand…Isn’t that what you said mum!”

Kate sighs as she bends down to look at her daughter. She hates the fact that Juliet was basically using her own words against her but despite everything Juliet did have a point. It was time to move on from the past and Kate needed to forgive Kimberly in hopes of building a better future. Kate looked at her former best friend and let out a very long drawn out sigh as she offered her a hug and embraced her tightly.

“I forgive you…”

Kimberly looked back at Kate as her eyes filled up with tears. She hugged her back as she nodded her head.

“Thank you… I need my friend and to be honest I don’t know where I should even go from here. It’s not like everything was okay after what Todd did. I got hurt in the process. Especially when he decided to cheat on me when he slept with Crystal it was hurtful…”

Kimberly begins to cry as Kate just stares at her sighing in return.

“Kimberly don’t hold onto that… Don’t even think about that… Just move forward. You two can work things out…”

“Well he is willing to work it out. We are going to seek counseling and then we will decide where to go from there…”

Kate nods her head.

“I know it can be heard. Teddy and I have had our share of differences and I know I have cheated on him on so many different occasions but through it all we have come together to work it out and on top of that we adopted this lovely little girl right Jules?!”

The little girl nods her head with a smile as she hugs her mother’s legs. Kate looks back at Kimberly as she continues to speak.

“So we know we can’t do the things we once did to hurt each other. Especially when we have a little one but that’s our story and I know your story is a different one. What really brings you to Tampa?!”

Kimberly offers a long drawn out sigh as she looks at Kate.

“Actually the real reason I came out here is I wanted to know if you saw the latest card for Climax Control…”

“No not really but the only thing I want right now is to work my way up into getting a Roulette Championship match. As long as I can build my way towards that then nothing else really matters…”

Kimberly shakes her head as she glances back at Kate.

“Actually no… That’s not even close to what they booked you in. It looks like you are going to be in the mixed match tag team tournament. Whoever ultimately wins will get title shots at the champions.”

Kate rolls her eyes.

“Delightful a chance to work with a male, let me guess they decided to team Teddy and I up. It seems like it was a wet dream to have Teddy and I team up. That’s all he has ever wanted since he heard that my husband wrestles from time to time…”

Kimberly shakes her head.

“No I wish that was the case. That would have made things easier but it looks like they have decided to go in a completely different direction. They are pairing you up with my husband…”

“Wait a bloody minute?! Todd and I teaming up together, especially considering he kidnapped my daughter and I broke his daughter’s arm?! How does that make any sense whatsoever?!”

Kimberly shrugs her shoulders.

“I know it doesn’t but it’s the match that’s made so regardless if you guys are ready or not it seems as if you two are going to be forced to team up with one another…”

“Bloody hell… This caught me off guard… I truly don’t know what to say…”

Kimberly shakes her head.

“I guess you got some serious training to do…”

Kate can only sigh as she glances over at her daughter. Maybe this was the chance to move on from the past to focus on a future. Despite if she wanted the match or not she had the chance to move in the direction of tag team gold and she was going to do everything in her power to get there. If it meant teaming up with a partner she didn’t like so be it. There was no turning back from this point.

On Camera
Bloody Hell

The cameras come into focus and as it does we are treated to the sight of something we haven’t seen in a long time. We are able to see Kate Steele and she has pink and orange hair which cascades down her back. She smirks as she looks into the camera clad in a Siren t shirt. She nods her head with a wicked grin as the cameras zoom in on her face and she begins to speak.

“Cheers to all of my little Sirens out there. My name is Kate Steele and I just want to say that it feels so amazing to be standing in front of all of you right now. I know that when you see the name Kate Steele booked for a card you instantly get mixed feelings. Most of you are probably going to get used to what you have been seeing as of lately. Used to basically the jobber. The woman who puffs her chest out tries to wear a pair of heels so she doesn’t seem so small and petite at 5’2. You are expecting the woman who has been a completely train wreck for the past couple of months. Yes I know I gave Dani my all when I had a title opportunity but for the most part it’s been me missing the mark consistently dropping the mark in all of my matches just like I did in every single match against Cat Riley. Or perhaps you expect the embarrassment of a woman that just lost to Crystal Hilton. Maybe that level of disappointment goes back to Honour when I was getting my bloody arse kicked by the likes of Alicia Lukas and Vargas, and Winter on a weekly basis. That is how people view me and considering what you have been seeing as of lately you all have your reasons for viewing me as such…”

Kate takes a deep breath as she looks at the camera and continues to grin this time actually smiling.

“Or maybe just maybe a part of you is hoping to see shades of old Kate. The woman who at once was dubbed as little miss ultraviolence! The woman who didn’t care if she had to put her entire body on the line in order to make a difference in a match! The same woman who marched her way into SCW and instantly grew to success with her long Roulette Championship reign and going beyond that to win the Internet Championship and just be an overall dominant woman in wrestling. The same woman who Honor had signed and they expected to rise to greatness just as she claimed the Pride Tag Team Championships and was destined for so much more. The same woman that I can say has won championship after championship in every single company that she has ever competed at.”

Kate nods her head with a smile as she flicks her long hair.

“Whatever it really doesn’t make a difference how you feel about me because in my eyes only one thing truly matters and that’s how I view myself. That is where I see myself and right now in this part of my career I can see myself going only in one direction and that is up. The sky is indeed the limit and I am not going to lie at first I wanted to perhaps be in the hunt for the Roulette Championship. I wanted to pick up the pieces and compete for the championship I never asked for a rematch clause with. I wanted to showcase that I still have what it takes to be that woman on any given night but instead of getting what I want to build myself up. It seems like I am being thrown in the middle of this mixed match tag team tournament where the winners will get shots at the gold. Sounds amazing on paper and considering back in Honor Teddy and I were Pride Tag Team Champions together I thought this might be the match that was used to bring us together to win gold again but no that isn’t the case at all…”

Kate sighs as she continues to speak.

“No instead what we are getting instead is me teaming up with a man I do not like in the form of Todd Williams to fight the likes of London Underground. Bloody fucking hell… Why did I have to get stuck with Todd Williams?! We simply don’t like each other. That man kidnapped my little girl and I of course tried to break his daughter’s arm. It’s not a wise decision for us to be teaming up with one another by any means. Not now and certainly not ever. I feel really bad because my husband is the best friend of Todd and of course Todd’s wife is my best friend. I feel as if they are going to get caught in the crossfire but nothing is fair in love and war and we need to take the punches as they come. Despite how unfair it might all seem the truth of the matter is I am going to put it all behind me and I am going to go out to that ring and give London Underground the best match I possibly can. If there is one thing I like more than anything else in this world it’s Gold, and I will do whatever it takes to obtain it…

If you had any questions on what Kate is going to show up this week all you really need to take a look at is the hair colour. I feel like I am going back to my old school and that’s what I plan to portray in this upcoming match. London Underground you are the premier tag team in all of this company. You have the advantage that you wrestle under freebird rules. You never know what you could expect. Anybody could make their way to the ring and opponents of yours would have to study everything just to be ready but I am more than ready for this challenge. You all have my respect. While I might have ascended throughout the ranks of singles competition tag team wrestling has always been your thing. Before the mixed division was even a thing both of your teams rose to the top of the superstars and bombshells tag division. That in itself is really amazing, and you were able to channel that same thing to become the first ever Mixed Tag Team champions. It doesn’t get any better than that does it?! It’s just an awesome thing to accomplish but I feel like my story isn’t done just yet…”

Kate smiles as she continues to speak.

“You paid your dues and you worked hard to accomplish everything that you did but don’t think for one second that I am washed up just because I am on a string of losses. This is where I pick things back up and this is when I showcase that I have the ability to beat your team. You aren’t the only group from the London area who has found success in this company. I have spent my summers in my grandmum’s mansion in London. Every Summer and if you go back to England you can ask anybody who I am as a wrestler. I have a reputation for being one of the toughest women in all of wrestling. You don’t become the first ever LAW World Champion or longest reigning Roulette Champion through sheer lucky. No you get those accolades by being better than the rest. Always being ready for a challenge, and ready to beat whoever at any given time! I do believe the best preparation I have had for this match is my reign as Roulette Champion. It may sound silly but as the queen of the entire Roulette division every week I had to prepare for the unknown not knowing what kind of match I would be thrown in.

I didn’t know if the match would work in my favour or not but it always kept me on my toes, and always allowed me to improve my game so that I could be ready for whatever at any given time. You might have the advantage of changing things up with various combinations of teams and what not but that doesn’t even phase me. I have always lived my life being the smallest person in the room. Always am the most undersized and it seems my opponent has constantly had that advantage but instead of bitching about it I have always found a way to persevere and that’s what I plan to do in this match. The history of the domination you might have had in this division might be an advantage but where comes the major difference is that I am now stepping foot in this division. I am now walking into this match where I am your opponent and that could be the biggest game challenger….

You can fight the likes of different teams like the Angel Clan, or other pairings that may not last. Pairings that come in like a flash in the pan making statements that they are to be taken seriously but never amount to anything but you don’t get that with me! You are going to be in the ring with some serious game competition. A woman who has aspirations of being a grand slam champion among being a future Hall of Famer, and so much more. Rome wasn’t built in a night and this dynasty of mine won’t be either. It’s going to take step by step, and day by day process to get exactly where I want to go but if there’s a woman brave enough to get there it’s me. This is the match where I bounce back. This is where I make you lot know you aren’t the best Brit on the roster. That’s clearly me… Who else can say they have had wins over the likes of Melody Grace, Evie Baang, and Mikah on this roster. Or could say they beaten Roxi Johnson?! I have beaten the Who’s who of this division and I won’t be disrespected by a team who haven’t fought competition at that type of caliber.

I was born and bred to be a main eventer and you can have my respect but you certainly can kiss my arse if you think this tournament goes through you. No it goes through the most unlikely pairing and if the Todd Williams of old shows up this isn’t even up for discussion which team is better. It’s clearly my team. This is our moment and right now I feel as if I am ready to sing…”

Kate hums a sweet lullaby.

“When you hear that siren’s song you know it’s only a matter of time before you get SHIPWRECKED… Your ship has sailed a long time ago and it’s about time you crashed into the rocks. Especially if you think you are going to beat me or if I am a walk in the park! Not this time… I am ready and it’s time to make some bloody noise. See you soon…”

With that Kate continues to smile in the camera as we fade out on this image.
user posted image

user posted image