Author Topic: “New Year, New Angel Part V: Putting the Wolves Down.”  (Read 72 times)

Offline Ariana Angelos

• View Profile
“New Year, New Angel Part V: Putting the Wolves Down.”
« on: March 15, 2024, 10:17:14 PM »
(Miles and Carter were used with their handlers’ permission)

The Anticipated Mixed Tag Team Title Match between Team Go and the Wolves of Gheimhrioth was set to take place on the first Supercard of the Cycle where it would’ve served as the Main Event, however when Carter came down with a case of Bronchitis the match was postponed for two weeks whilst the competitors who were fit and healthy sat on the hands waiting for the match to be re-announced.

Well the match was back on this week and once again it was serving as the Main Event, albeit whilst doubling as the only title match on the show this time around, Carter had said that he was done with titles even though Ariana clearly wasn’t but that begged the question: can Team Go dethrone the Wolves and win their first tag team titles in years? Or would the Wolves’ reign continue and if so, who was next?

Ariana’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 11th of March 2024, 18:00pm

If I had to describe the past couple of weeks of the current cycle in one word, it would be “boring”.

After that whole mix-up at the Supercard regarding the date of me and Carter’s Mixed Tag Team Title Match against the Wolves I thought the date would be set in stone, and to be fair the reason for the match’s delay wasn’t announced until the Friday before the first Climax Control of the cycle, to make a long story short, Carter caught a case of Bronchitis the same week as the Tag Team Match was set to take place, I almost thought it was a ploy to get out of it because Carter had declared that he was done with title matches but then he Miles facetimed me and I saw the state Carter was in.

He couldn’t even attend Jessie’s Gender Reveal Party last week even with the prospect of eating Shane’s food, as for me? I wasn’t planning to go anyway, never really been a fan of the whole Gender Reveal Party to be honest, I know Jessie confirmed that she’s having a girl and is trying to pick names but that’s about it.

But anyway, after two long weeks of waiting the match is finally set, and unless something happens that upends everything we’re set to Main Event this week’s Climax Control.

So yeah, let’s talk about these wolves shall we?

My history with Kayla Richards should be well known at this point, we’ve practically been at each other’s hips since we signed our SCW Contracts in 2022, every time I’ve faced off with that woman I’ve gotten angry because she’s always managed to get under my skin and every time we’ve faced? I’ve ended up the losing end, Kayla’s second match? Lost, the first time I was in a Battle Royal Match for the Bombshell Internet Title? Lost that one too, wasn’t even the last one eliminated, when I first dipped my toes in the Internet Title division after I lost the Bombshell Roulette Title? Lost both the non-title match and the Triple Threat.

It's telling that I didn’t even win that title until after Kayla moved onto the Mixed Tag Team Championships instead! Hell, her current feud with Julianna over the World Bombshell Championship is he closest she’s gotten to a singles title in months, Finn I’m pretty neutral about to be honest, I know he’s a hell of a wrestler and he’ll give Carter a fight that’ll show why he’s the World Heavyweight Champion but that concerns the male division, not me and Kayla.

Off course there’s one big caveat to all that, one I mentioned earlier, Carter’s attitude towards him getting title shots and how rotten it is, I know it’s his choice but just because he’s done with title shots doesn’t mean I have to be and frankly? I’d rather not team with anyone else in the division!

Besides, are there any available guys right now who aren’t already in a Mixed Tag Team and have been here a while? Not to my knowledge.

”I can finally get this damn match out of the way.” I grunted to myself as I glanced over at Francisco. ”Seriously even if I didn’t get the basic info of when the match was taking place wrong to begin with? Carter’s illness has made it felt like this match was announced at the beginning of the year!”

”Don’t jinx it Ari, otherwise we might get COVID and it’ll be delayed again.” Francisco advised me and I had to admit, he had a point there. ”But with any luck Carter’s bronchitis will be the only piece of misfortune to hit our camp!”

”Now look who’s jinxing it!” I responded with a scoff and Francisco shook his head in response. ”At least after this match is done we can start the moving out process, the house is practically becoming an animal sanctuary since Echo moved in.”

”Hopefully that’ll stop when we move out, two cats and three dogs is enough for me.” Francisco responded with a grin before Athena jumped up into and sat in my lap, I starting stroking the cat and she purred in response. ”And that’s if we can convince Peaches to come with us since she’s feral.”

”Not even sure how we’re going to go about that, half tempted to leave her to the new owners and let them figure it out or taking her to a shelter.” I admitted as I shook my head and Francisco nodded in agreement. ”Then again if we’re going to do that then we may as well take her to the new house with us.”

”True enough and I’m sure we’ll figure something out.” Francisco responded before the topic shifted elsewhere.

The Disaster Diaries, Ariana’s office, Ariana’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Tuesday the 12th of March 2024, 15:00pm

(on camera, start vlog)

Here we go.

”You know, I never thought I’d use the word boring to describe the wait between the Mixed Tag Team Title Match’s delay and the match actually taking place but here we are!” I commented after I started recording and made myself comfortable. ”Hell no one in the match saw action in the intervening weeks, granted, Carter’s case was justified as his bronchitis was the whole reason the match got delayed in the first place but how does that explain something like the new World Heavyweight Champion missing several weeks of action? Or the #1 Contender for the World Bombshell Title being left off cards too?

Or me? Who had been asking for literally any match but got ignored? Guess that’s what I get for not being the bosses’ golden girl.”

I shook my head with a frustrated sigh.

”I guess the bosses were worried about more bad luck befalling the match and were saving me, Finn and Kayla until Carter got cleared but it’s still pretty frustrating.” I commented before letting out a deep breath. ”So, now that the wait is finally over, let’s talk about this match, shall we? And I open this segment with another question, a big one at that.

Do I really need to go over my history with Kayla at this point?”

I asked honestly.

”Seriously, it’s about as well documented as my history with Courtney Pierce and Jet City in general, and there’s even more history here considering that me and Kayla have practically been joined at the hips since our SCW Debuts two years ago!” I commented as I brushed some hair over my shoulder. ”Will this be the match that finally breaks my losing streak against you Kayla? Honestly I’m not even sure, and that’s for one good reason.

My tag team partner’s under the impression that he doesn’t deserve this match, I’m out to prove him wrong but it takes two to tango in this sport, especially in tag team wrestling, and I’m not even sure where my partner’s at mentally as far as this match goes and knowing Finn and especially Kayla? They’ll pounce on any weakness like vultures.”

(end vlog)

Ariana’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Wednesday the 13th of Match 2024, 18:00pm

So yeah, remember the whole “I’m moving out to North Vegas so my pets can run free unimpeded” thing? Yeah, we’re hosting a special moving away party here at my home.

I suspect it was an excuse for Cartner and Miles to meet Echo admittedly but any chance for me to cook for my friends is a good one.

“Have to say Ari, that smells delicious.” Miles called out from the dining room and I grinned as I glanced up from the stovetop. “Are you sure you’re not going to turn it into a recipe for disaster?”

”Nah, this is meant to be a nice occasion.” I called back before checking on the chicken I was cooking in the oven, thank god I got the Chef IQ Thermometer through a recent sponsorship because it’s been a godsend since I started using it. ”And besides, the tag match just got rebooked, do you think I want to compromise Carter’s health?”

“Fair point.” Miles admitted and once I confirmed that the chicken for Miles was perfectly cooked I took it out of the oven and started plating everything. “Need my help with anything?”
”Food’s just been plated up, I’ll be bringing it through in a sec but if you want to grab yours and Carter’s dishes, feel free.” I called back and Miles came into the kitchen a few seconds later, I pointed out which plates were for him and Carter and he grabbed both before helping me bring the food in. ”Okay, lemon and honey chicken for Miles, pork chop for Carter, steak for me and duck for Francisco.”

”And I’m sure he’ll go quackers for it.” Carter joked and we all rolled our eyes at how bad it was. ”Yeah, that was bad! Anyway, cheers?”

“Cheers!” We all responded before clanging our glasses together and I made myself comfortable.

”I still can’t believe your moving Ari, and further away from me too.” Carter commented and I shook my head with a sigh. ”I know it’s your choice and it’s for the animals’ benefits but I’ll miss this place.”

”I’ll miss it too but at the very least we sold it for a good price so we’re getting a good amount of money out of it.” I responded as we started eating our food. ”Besides, even with Echo coming into our lives, we’ve wanted a change of scenery for  a while and don’t worry, I’ll text you our new address you can still come.” I assured Carter and he grinned in response. ”Hopefully with the new Mixed Tag Team Championships.”

”And I’ve already made my feelings known on the match, I won’t go into further detail here.” Carter responded with a frown before he continued to eat his food. ”Especially when my opinion isn’t valued.”

”I’m not going to get into that Carter, I just want a chance to relax before our big match.” I responded with a sigh ad Carter nodded in agreement. ”And after how my Internet Title Reign Ended? I’m not letting this slip through my fingers I hope you understand.”

”I do! But instead of trying to find a new partner, you tried calling out te Bombshell roster.” Carter pointed out and I let out a heavy sigh. ”If we win the titles on Sunday? Fantastic! But let’s focus on the food for now.”

”Right.” I responded before the topic (thankfully) shifed elsewhere.

The Disaster Diaries, Ariana’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Thursday the 14th of March 2024, 21:00pm

*start vlog, promo time, on camera*

After I started the new vlog I got ready to speak my mind.

”I’m gonna be honest unless I’m booked next week regardless of the Tag Title Match’s result? This will be my last vlog at the house because I’m moving to North Vegas next week, that said? Let’s talk a bit about Finn.” I commented as I leaned back. ”Finn’s been calling himself “Finn Two Belts” since he won the World Title at the end of that tournament but how long can that last? He is the first double champion since the Mixed Tag Titles were reactivated but how long will that last? If you ask me? Until Sunday, if you ask the Wolves they’d tell you that they are just getting started.” I grinned a bit as I brushed some hair over my shoulder. ”Good thing my opinion is the only thing that matters in this vlog!”

It's that simple.

”What? It’s my vlog/promo!” I said after I flipped some hair over my shoulder. ”And as much as I love my bestie, I don’t care what Carter’s thoughts are about title matches, he’s not dragging me down with his self-depreciative crap just because he lost a few title matches, sorry Carter but that’s just how I view this thing, you may be done with titles but I’m not and I will drag you kicking and screaming to a Mixed Tag Team Title reign!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

”Sorry if I sounded rude but I’ve wanted to get that off my chest since this match was originally announced!” I added with an aggravated sigh. ”It’s like I said, it takes two to tango in this sport and my partner’s heart clearly isn’t in it, if I have to carry Team Go to a Mixed Tag Team Title reign I will because at New Year, New Angel Part V: Putting the Wolves Down those titles are coming home to Team Go whether Carter likes it or not and we will Go The Distance!”

Ariana turned off the camera as the scene fades.