Author Topic: Reunited  (Read 2734 times)

Offline Tempest

• View Profile
Reunited
« on: August 11, 2023, 08:14:17 PM »

Flashback - Child Protective Services - Maui, Hawaii
Many weeks ago

We figured it was time to show you a bit of the glue that brought the pieces of this puzzle together. You heard what happened, but hearing sometimes just is not enough. Sometimes we have to see with our own two eyes so that we can come to an understanding and appreciate what is shown before us.

Tempest sat alone in the office of a Missus Kalea Ogi, a well respected social worker for the CPS - Child Protective Services - of Maui. And while Tempest was not entirely surprised to find out that her former mother-in-law had absconded with Anela, her deceased husband's daughter from a previous marriage, and left Honolulu for Maui where Malulani had called home with his family for over thirty years. But inside? She was absolutely seething. The mother-in-law from hell had used her family and what connections she had not only to literally hide her former step daughter from her, but also to shield the fact that Malulani had named Tempest – Alleyene, as his daughter’s legal guardian. A fact that Tempest herself had not been enlightened to. Not until recent weeks and many talks with lawyers and CPS agents to better ensure the child would be well taken care of. The child’s welfare was key. The most important matter for all involved.

It was the sole reason why Tempest was fighting so hard to restrain her temper in recent weeks during what she thought were repeated invasive investigations into her life. Her profession as a professional wrestler had raised more than one eyebrow but in the end, it was deemed much safer than the business she owned and maintained to this very day – that of a bail bondsman and bounty hunter. That alone almost cost her this reunion that she had privately dreamed of for years – and worried would never happen. It was the final exchange between a judge and herself, a simple enough trading of words that made the children’s court confident that Tempest could take care of a child.

When the judge expressed his concern of such, all she had to say was, “Look at me, your honor. If a woman built like me can’t protect a kid, then something is wrong with this world!”

The judge laughed. He actually – laughed. And whole there were other concerns such as food and school, the court’s highest ranking official was well satisfied that not only could she tale care of and protect this little girl, but more importantly –

She wanted to.

And the wait? It was absolutely maddening. Why they could not be brought back together in a more formal or public setting was beyond her. Somewhere – neutral. But this, her mother theorized, was the agent’s way to better ensure a smoother transition for the child involved. Plus it put the CPS agents more in control for the very fact. Something that tempest could respect, if not outright appreciate. The court had, of course, asked little Anela if she wanted to go live with Tempest, her former stepmother, and all doubt was erased when the child started crying and asking “if they really meant it”. When Mrs. Ogi informed her of this fact, Tempest wept herself. She actually wept.

It had been a fear of the woman ever since this reunion was first proposed – that Anela would have forgotten all about her. Or held a childish grudge against her for allowing her grandmother to spirit her away like some witch in a children’s bedtime story. But to know that she not only remembered her after almost four years, but did so in a fond way, made her heart soar in a way that she had not experienced since Malulani was alive.

There was a soft rap at the door, to which she found strange since she was in the agent's office so for all intent and purpose, she could have just walked right in without saying a word. But before Tempest could even think forth on the subject or say something – like “come in” when it wasn’t even her place to do so – the office door opened.

Mrs. Ogi was a woman in her middle years, and there were streaks of white dabbled liberally in her otherwise dark, shoulder length hair. Lines in the corner of her eyes spoke of experience in her field, more than a few success stories as well as a number of heartbreaks. But Tempest had done her own digging up of some dirt and all roads pointed to one simple truth about this woman standing at the door – she was formidable, and a force to be reckoned with.

Mrs. Ogi: Alleyene?

She spoke, being given consent by Tempest herself to use her given name. This was it, this was the moment she both looked forward to and feared. Tempest stood upright and turned to face the door, as a young girl of near nine years of age stepped into view.

Time would seemingly stand still between the two as the little girl, who had understandably changed physically since the last time they saw one another, stared up at Tempest who had changed little, if at all.

Tempest: Anela…

She slowly lowered herself to a bended knee and Anela pulled her hand from Mrs. Ogi and rushed forward, crying out…

Anela: Mama!

And the little girl threw her small arms around Tempest’s neck, and Tempest lifted the child up into her arms as she stood.

Reunited.

The Miécimo da Silva Sports Complex was to be the location for the next edition of Sin City Wrestling’s weekly escapade of wrestling action known as Climax Control. Thus far, the 2023 World of Wonders tour has been wildly successful, even more so than the previous tour of some of the world’s most intriguing Unsolved Mysteries. Here in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, the famed ninety eight foot statue known as Christ the Redeemer was the focal point, but as it was a religious site and not enough room for a safe set up, the actual wrestling event was taking place here in the arena.

Apparently not even Mark Ward and Christian Underwood were bold enough to try and press their luck with the ring being at the base of the world’s most holy of statues.

But here at the Miécimo da Silva Sports Complex, the set up for Sunday was nearing  completion. The ring, the rows of chairs on the arena floor to go long with the stands. The lightning and sound system. The men and women whose sole responsibility was to ensure all was in place and ready for Sunday’s show to run smoothly remained busy, and watching them from afar at the very top of the stands was Tempest herself. She stared straight ahead, watching the workers as she spoke up…

“November 28, 2021.”

Tempest turned her head so that she  could look ‘down’ into the camera that was focused on her.

“Does that ring a bell there, Mercedes? That was the last time that you and I stepped inside of the ring against each other. The match where you and your tag team partner Goth beat Austin and myself for the Mixed Tag Team titles. Under most circumstances, most people would try to cheapen that win of yours and say you stole the titles somehow or that your win was just plain, dumb luck.”

Tempest closed her eyes and shook her head.

“Anyone that knows me, knows that I am a lot of things but I am unlike ‘most people’. The simple truth of the matter is that you and Goth fought us, and you just so happened to win. The only ‘luck’ involved was what prompted the bosses to give you and Goth another crack at our titles after Austin and I had handed your asses to you the first time around. Just a few weeks prior to the loss, at High Stakes XI. November, 2021. Austin pinned Goth. He and I were ready to move on to the next best thing when what happened? I don;t know if the powers that be were so impressed by the two of you or if it was some sort of pity party but we come to find out that our first post-Supercard defense was against … you and Goth.”

Tempest scoffed.

“Imagine our surprise. But, as disappointed as we were at finding out we weren’t moving on to new challengers, by the end of the night that paled in comparison to how we felt at the loss of those very same championships. That’s right. I am not lying. I fully acknowledge the fact that this time around, you two came out on top and that was the final time Mercer and I had at teaming with one another because we…”

She placed a hand on her chest.

“... Weren’t given a rematch. Now some think that the bosses, Ward and Underwood, thought that two matches between the same two teams back to back were enough and three would be burn out. I’d hope that was the case because I’d hate to think that the other theory were true – that you and Goth simply didn’t want to face us again and be put at risk of having one of the shortest mixed tag reigns in record history. Tell me differently, Mercedes. Don't make me think so low of you. Bottom line is, that was the final time we set foot inside of the ring against each other, and ever since Austin and I lost the titles? The mixed tag division…?”

She whistled and turned her upright thumb slowly downward.

“Slowly died out. Mercer and I carried the division on our backs and after our loss, nobody – not one, single team – did for it what we accomplished! Not then, and not now! But this time around, we’re not talking about the mixed tag team division, are we? We’re talking about the Queen For A Day, and we are talking about just you and I. Alone inside of the ring, woman to woman! And that makes things even more interesting – for myself at least, because here’s another little tidbit for SCW’s resident historian. About our previous encounters, and this one this time around. You see, the last two times we met, Mercedes? The outcome was not decided between you and I. It was decided between the men. Mercer pinned Goth. Goth pinned Mercer. While you and I were on the outside, looking in. Leaving the unspoken question of just who was the better woman between you and I. I suppose… this is our golden ticket to settling that unanswered question.”

She shrugged her hefty shoulders.

“I admit, I’m looking forward to it, even if it isn’t a straight up match but some jacked up stipulation where the chick on the outside actually is going to have the power to decide who wins and who loses. Either Kim or Zoey is going to decide when one of us has had enough and call the match when you and I really will have no say. All we get the opportunity to do is beat the hell out of each other and credit where it's due… that is where I come into play. That is where I am going to have the advantage until you have little other alternative but to roll over and play dead. And by the end of the night, that’s the only option that you’re going to be left with. There’ll be no fight left in you and even Kim is going to look at you with pity in her eyes and feel no other alternative but to throw in the towel and call the match. That is, if she has a heart. Because it would take a stone cold bitch to be able to watch what I’m going to do to you and just let it continue on without end. Although…”

Tempest glanced up wistfully in thought.

“That would be the smart thing to do, wouldn’t it? Considering two weeks later the four of us will be inside of the ring against each other, but this time in a Ladder match and the stakes being even higher. The opportunity to be Queen. The chance to shape my own destiny. To get what I deserve. To get what I have fought for since the very beginning. To shape Fate itself to how I see it!!!”

She jammed a finger into her upper torso, her voice rising.

“You have had your time in the sun, Mercedes! There was a point in time where you were not only one of the most respected women on the roster, but also one of the most feared! And while the respect for all that you’ve accomplished still lingers – and rightfully so – well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but nobody fears you. Not any more. That time has passed you by and even though you cling so desperately to it to remind yourself of what you once were, it’s as I said… fate. Fate always strikes when you least expect it, and fate deals a cold, cruel hand. And a little something for you to chew on?”

She leaned right into the camera so that her face filled it.

“So do I.”

The scene faded out.