Author Topic: Where on Earth Is Tempest?  (Read 655 times)

Offline Tempest

• View Profile
Where on Earth Is Tempest?
« on: July 29, 2022, 05:15:10 PM »
Where on Earth has Tempest been? That is the question on many minds within the SCW Universe. Fans who fancy themselves the experts on the Bombshell division, as well as different promoters who work closely with Mark Ward and Christian Underwood in the booking of Climax Control in their respective cities that SCW is known for traveling through regularly. In fact, the amazonian Bombshell has not been seen since her match at Into the Void XI against Seleana Zdunich. In the climax of that extravagant event in Athens, Greece, the final show of the unfortunately named “Greece Lightning” Tour, Tempest did indeed fall to Seleana in what some have called something of an upset. True, Seleana had the experience factor going in her favor, but from a size and power standpoint, many fans and so-called experts expected the much larger Tempest to steamroll over the former World Champion.

An expectation that did not, in fact, come to pass.

Some misguided souls believed that perhaps Tempest was in such disbelief or ashamed at the rare singles loss that she was unable to handle it and simply left, walking out of Sin City Wrestling without a word to anyone. Nothing could have been further from the truth had anyone paid close enough attention to social media posts from Christian Underwood on Twitter…

May 15, 2022
Athens, Greece

Seleana had surprised not just the fans, but Tempest as well when she took advantage of their positioning and struck - bringing the 200 plus pound Bombshell from the corner in an Avalanche Asai DDT - coined by Seleana as the Kattöga. Realizing too late what was about to happen as she came down, Tempest attempted to shield her head from the impact by bracing herself with her forearm, but it was a rookie mistake because the moment her head struck the mat, with her weight working against her, she felt a sharp, intense pain in her forearm despite the fact the impact all but knocked her senseless, allowing Seleana to make the successful cover.

Afterwards, Tempest was alert enough to make her way back up the aisle and into the backstage area, shrugging off any offers of assistance from the staff or security. The moment the curtains parted at the “gorilla position”, she was met by SCW Co-Owner Christian Underwood. He beckoned her with a lilt of the head, stating simply, “Follow me.”

She huffed, a growing sense of annoyance and yes, embarrassment, flushed her features as she took what some have insultingly named he “walk of shame” - what anyone who just lost their match had to endure as they left the arena and walked past staff and peer alike, feeling the sense of a loss against them and in the eyes of those that watched. Whether those around her tried to hide the fact or not. All Tempest wished to do was simply get to the women's locker room, change and wait out the remainder of the evening and finally leave. Go home. And by “home”, she meant Hawaii, not Las Vegas. She just wanted to get away for a week or two and surround herself with her family. Something she had been unable to do for quite some time. But for now, she found herself at the first aid station in the backstage area where the medical personnel employed by SCW for the evening busied themselves, tending to minor wounds and injuries of the Superstars and Bombshells alike.

She kept still as the light in the physician’s hand shone in her amber colored eyes, before he turned it off. He then said, “Okay, that checks out. No change. Now, follow the pen with your eyes.”

And she reluctantly did as instructed, her eyes following as the physician moved the pen across her field of vision horizontally from left to right, then back again. Up, down, right, left, then in a wide circular pattern and not once did her eyes stray.

Satisfied, he set the pen down and asked, “Any dizziness or headaches?”

“No.” She shook her head.

“Any nausea or loss of balance when you were walking back here?”

Again, she answered in the negative as Christian himself chimed in and offered, “I was with her on the walk here and she was moving perfectly fine for a woman that just landed on her head from ten feet high.”

The physician whistled at what Christian had just described, shaking his head in faux disbelief. He turned back around to Tempest but spoke for Christian’s benefit as well, as he was her employer. He said, “I think it’s safe to rule out a concussion. Which I have to admit greatly surprises me considering what you just described. But I wouldn’t take any chances. I would still stay here in Athens for an extra day or two before hopping on a flight. Preferably with someone who can keep a close eye on you.”

Tempest scoffed at that notion as there was absolutely nobody present who would or could fill that role. Well - Austin, perhaps. But he had to get back to the States and return to his own family. He was probably as anxious as she was to leave, if not more so.

She shook her head at the notion, stating simply, “I’ll be fine.”

“You can use the extra day to visit the hospital and have your arm looked at.” Christian suddenly spoke up. Tempest looked at his with a frown on her face, but before she could object or play innocent, the boss man shook his head and said, “Don’t play dumb with me. You haven’t stopped holding your arm since you stepped through the curtains. And I was watching. I saw how you landed on it.”

Their eyes met and admittedly, Mark was quite correct when he stated that Christian was intimidated by this woman. But he was also very serious when it came to looking out for those that worked for him (at least to a degree) and he met her eyes with as much stubborn determination as her own.

She stated, “I’d rather be seen by my own doctor.”

“Your doctor is all the way in Hawaii and god knows when you’d be able to see them without doing yourself even more damage.” He shook his head, “This is not a democracy and it’s not up for debate. You’re going. Not after the show. Now.”

He stood there stoically as the physician waited for her to concede the point, until she finally looked away and exhaled in disgust.

Two days later…

The video call on her laptop was picked up on the other end of the call from her hotel room, and there was the face of Gabriel Stevens, one-half of the proprietors of the famed GO Gym, and the man that prepared her for the world of professional wrestling. Gabriel, of course, knew what had happened as he and Odette, along with their children, had watched the event live. Gabriel had sent immediate texts her way and she had assured him that she was fine and would be back in the states soon, but he had called her bluff right from the start until she admitted that she had to go get her arm checked out at the nearest Greek hospital. Gabriel gave her the condition that she contact him the moment she had any news.

Gabriel said from his end of the call, “So! What’s the official…?” It was then that he saw her arm in a sling and he flinched, “Oh, ouch.”

“Yeah.” Tempest sighed, an overwhelming sense of defeat in her being. “Ouch.”

“What’s the word?” He asked amicably and she answered, “Hairline fracture in one of the bones of my forearm. They said it would take six to eight weeks to fully heal.” 

“That’s not so bad.” Gabriel found himself admitting in an attempt to lessen the blow. He knew this woman well enough that she was figuratively kicking herself over causing her own injury over a simple, rookie mistake. “Feet and shoulders”. That was the better way to practice your landings inside of the ring, but the way Tempest was brought from out of the corner by Seleana? There was little to do to shield herself from that much impact. She tried to use her forearm to brace for the impact, but the error in judgment caused her to land her head on her arm, rather than use her arm against the canvas, thus causing the injury.

Gabriel continued, “It could have been a lot worse. I saw the match and the way you landed, hell Alleyene. I wouldn’t have been surprised had you snapped that bone in two.”

“Thanks.” She nodded. “Message received.”

“Oh don’t go getting all butt hurt.” Gabriel corrected her before she could properly build a full head of steam. “”I’m just saying that things aren’t as bad as you’re thinking. Two months is not that long.”

“Long enough for them to forget anything that I’ve accomplished.” She pointed out, then shrugged to concede. “Not that I’ve been given much opportunity outside of my team with Austin.”

“We can talk about when you hit Vegas.” Gabriel promised. But tempest shook her head and returned her eyes to the screen, and thus, to him. “Hawaii.”

“Excuse me?”

She said, “I’m not coming back to Las Vegas. At least not straight away. Maybe long enough to grab a few things but I’m going to spend the majority of the recovery time back home.”

It took a moment for the words to register in Gabriel’s mind, and not that she was giving up or acting morose, but something else altogether had caused this frame of mind to take charge. He suddenly chuckled and nodded, saying, “Your mom?” And saying it as more of a statement than a question.

“Yeah.” She sighed. “The woman never would have forgiven me if I hadn’t called her first with the news from the examination. Just got off the call right before I contacted you. I was going to come to Vegas like you said but then she…” Tempest frowned at Gabriel who was attempting to smother his smile and her eyes narrowed. “You’re enjoying this, aren’t you!?” She accused him.

To which, Gabriel held up a thumb and forefinger very close together. “A little bit.” He admitted, then flat out laughed. “You can hardly blame me! The woman is twice your age and a third your size!”

“Hell, even my brothers know well enough not to cross her.” Tempest found herself admitting at the expense of herself as well as that of her siblings. She tilted her head to the side and yes, a soft smile curved the corners of her unpainted lips. “We learned that lesson early.”

Gabriel chuckled as he nodded in understanding. He said, “I can appreciate your mom wanting you to be home while you recover. And you wanting to. Just swing by the Gym first when you stop in Vegas for your things.”

“Talk business?”

“That…” Gabriel smiled. “And Lucas and his sister have been working all day on their get well cards for you.”

Tempest stared hard at the man on the opposing side of the screen for a fair few moments before she snorted back a laugh and shook her head. The smile was evident enough on her face as she said, “Fine.” trying to play it off but deep down, this “monster of a woman” had a notable soft spot for children; the Stevens children chief amongst them.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Two months ago

It was their first house together, one that her husband Malulani and she had purchased jointly from his funds as a soldier and hers through her bounty hunting business. It had three bedrooms, evidence that they had planned to expand past just themselves and Malulani’s daughter Anela, and maybe, just maybe, a child of their own some day. Unfortunately, fate was not on their side for any such dreams, and with her husband’s death and Anela being taken from her by her grieving and bitter mother-in-law, Tempest had nevertheless kept the house in her name, refusing to sell despite the many offers. It was, after all, prime real estate here on the island of Honolulu. Up on a secluded hill and surrounded by trees of many kinds; among them 'Ōhi'a lehua, Eucalyptus and Jacaranda, along with so much local plant life. But it was the seclusion that sold her on the house, and was the deciding factor in her keeping it. There was but one path on the land that led to the city and the surrounding, nearby ocean. There were other homes nearby, but they were few and far between.

And to those in the real estate game who came house hunting? The house, and the land it was on, was her own. She owed nothing. No payments, no mortgage. It belonged to her and more than one realtor was sent scurrying with tail between legs when approaching her to sell for the fact alone.

From the outside, it looked humble and for the woman who had come to be known as Tempest? That was quite alright because she wasn’t one of those women who had to fill every nook and cranny of her home with meaningless plants and trinkets to fill up space. It was a large home, but with simple tastes.

And it was where she had just returned following a rather full day, complete with the physical that brought along with it the good news that she had been cleared officially by her doctor to return to competition if she so desired. Her doting mother was understandably upset at the idea of her only daughter leaving Hawaii once again, and if she was going to be perfectly honest? Tempest herself was as of yet, undecided where her next path would lead.

Still, she had her doctor fax her release papers to the SCW offices in Las Vegas and she phoned Gabriel and Odette Stevens to tell them the good news. Their glowing, positive energy was slowly eroding away any doubts she had laying deep in the recesses of her mind. She was interested in a return to the six-sided ring, but as she explained to the Stevens and she would repeat to Mark Ward or Christian Underwood, whichever of the two bosses who would be contacting her the next day, she just needed a little more time with her family. She had spent the early evening with her parents and siblings, along with their respective spouses and children in a big family dinner that her mom went completely overboard in preparations. Now that night had fallen and the air had cooled off, with winds blowing through the trees that surrounded her home, all she wanted to do was grab a beer, maybe watch a late movie and then finally go to bed.

But again – fate.

She felt the tell-tale vibrations on her phone that told her she had a call coming in. A call, at this hour? And from who..? She picked her phone up from her kitchen counter and saw that it was actually a video call request, and from Austin – of all people. Wondering what he could want at this hour, she quickly hit the green button to accept the call request, to which his face appeared on the screen opposite her own.

“What’s up Buttercup…?” She started to ask in her usual, playful greeting to the man that had gone from being tag team partner to acquaintance to genuine best friend, but her words quickly halted at what she saw before her eyes. Austin looked – absolutely pitiful. Haggard, to be more specific. His eyes were sunken with bags under them, a clear testament that the man had not been sleeping. His complexion appeared almost like wax, as if he had been violently sick. But it was his eyes… haunted. Brimmed red and bloodshot as if he had been crying buckets of tears and the streaks down his face testified that he had indeed, and he was not finished yet.

“Austin…?” She spoke with much concern in her voice. “What is it? What’s wrong?”

Austin could only close his eyes and draw in a shaky, choked breath before he could bring himself to find his voice and answer her.

TBC…

“Well… when the higher ups in SCW first contacted me to tell me my first match back was set, this was not what I was expecting. I thought for certain I’d be stuck in yet another meaningless match that served as much purpose as your average card filler match, but this? A six woman Battle Royal for the Internet Championship that Roxi Johnson just recently gave up? And in India, no less? I guess the best way to sum up how I feel about this little turnabout is… Roxi’s loss is about to become my gain.”

“I think I’ve done fairly well for myself here since I started laying waste to all the Barbie dolls that seem to mass produce in the Bombshell division. The fact that I’ve only been pinned twice is evidence enough, but let’s not ignore the fact that at one point, Austin James Mercer and I were so feared as Mixed Tag Team Champions that Mark and Christian had extreme difficulty finding us challengers that wanted to risk their physical well being by getting into the ring against us! What does it say about your reputation when championship gold isn’t enough of a lure to compete against us, and they had to resort to just throwing teams together at random so the championships could at least get defended if but semi-regularly. But still, there is always the lure, always the bite. The desire to prove yourself capable and as much as I look back on my time with Austin and as much fun as I had with the man as a friend and a tag team partner, yeah. I admit it. I wouldn’t exactly object to proving myself capable of winning a championship of my own, on my own. And here that opportunity has practically been dropped right into my lap!”

“The Internet Championship. Some have said that the Internet title is the second most prestigious singles title in SCW, while others state that this distinction belongs to the Roulette title because of its long and distinguished lineage. I don’t know. I’m not one of those arguing over the point. I just know there is a championship being dangled in front of me, and I apparently have to go through five other Bombshells in order to claim it for my own. Well, hell! That suits me just fine!”

“The fact that I’m going to be surrounded by five other women isn’t as concerning as you might like to want me to believe, and make no mistake about it! I will be surrounded! There is no way those women are going to target anyone BUT me because they know from a physical standpoint, I’m the threat! I’m the one they have to get out over that top rope and onto the floor if any of them have any hope of walking away with that championship. And more power to them for even considering trying because those hopes and dreams are going to be slammed to the floor just as easily and just as assuredly as their own bodies will be! Four of those women, I know. One, I’ve never had the pleasure and I’m not exactly broken up over the fact.”

“That woman, of course, is Keira Fisher-Johnson. The picture personification of a Barbie Doll wrestler. The woman who practically uses her body to sell herself to fans and promoters. I mean, all you have to do is go on Twitter every damn week and you’ll see her posting as many pictures of herself in as little as legally possible! And she does it for one reason; to draw eyes on her. Classic narcissist, am I right? She of course plays it off but anyone with two eyes can see the woman is completely full of herself and as much as her eyes are all over her wife, those eyes stray and unapologetically so. I’m sorry but if my spouse was on social media and posting all these sexual innuendo remarks towards others, I wouldn’t just sit back and laugh like it was nothing! All the “And Roxi is the only one for me” tweets week in and week out don’t erase the fact the woman is a psychological cheat.”

“In this business, Keira is probably second only to Crystal Zdunich when it comes to selfish ambitions. How many times has she called Roxi and herself the greatest tag team of all time when there has been clear evidence in the past that other teams have had just as good if not better records? How many times has Keira whined about the Internet title when she neglects to mention the fact that she never held the title that I did? The Mixed Tag? Oh that’s right! That’s because she’s too good to team with anyone BUT Roxi! Despite the fact that Despayre hinted more than once about teaming with either half of Team Hero, only to get snubbed! But every time, every single time, Keira makes an appearance, it’s the same song and dance. Woe be to Keira! ‘Am I not good enough? Maybe I should just hang up my boots?’ Wash, rinse and repeat! Well Keira, honey? Keep those thoughts fresh because you are the first chick I plan to toss out of that ring!”

“Now Kayla Richards, I can’t deny the fact I don’t know too much about because of my own time away, but given how she debuted and then vanished for weeks on end, one could be forgiven for having forgotten she was even still signed to SCW. That is either a mark against the bookers or her, but I do know she’s come back strong and I know enough to know she comes from pretty damn strong stock where Wolfslair is concerned. Proud as I am of the GO Gym legacy and the fact I think them the best, I’m not one to deny facts and anyone who comes from Wolfslair is someone worthy of respect. But respect doesn’t get you anywhere when it’s every woman for herself so, Kayla? Sorry about it but if I have to go through you, and I do, then I will.”

“Bea Barnhart is one chick I have direct experience against, because Bea and her hubby are the team that Austin and I blew through to win the Mixed Tag titles. When I heard you were in this match, Bea, I had to ask myself two questions. One … why is she in this match when she’s done less than nothing to deserve being in it? Hell! I’ve been gone for two m months and even I did more in that time frame than she has to warrant being entered into this Battle Royal! The other question I wonder if she remembers much from our last time in the ring together? Or, outside of the ring I suppose would be more accurate. The time I caught you and threw you right into the barricade? Remember, Bea? Good times! I suppose I was curious if that blow into the barricade rattled enough around in that head of yours to make you forget just why you should be doing everything possible in order to avoid me. Well, that won’t be much of an option because truth be told, I just don’t see you lasting that long in this match. If I don’t throw you out myself, I could easily see every other woman in this match teaming up just to dump your bony butt out of the ring. They’d do it for the pleasure of it. I’d do it because of a little thing called loyalty. Trust me, I haven’t forgotten even if everyone else has. Tell all the lies that you want to in order to put your halo back. I don’t care. I just know that you helped blind Fenris, the man that went to the same Gym as I did. And for that… bye bye!”

“Now… Seleana. The one chick out of all the others that has a win over me. Props for that girl, I won’t lie and say that you cheated or got lucky. You are what I would call the Anti-Barbie. Girl is the walking talking picture of a Barbie doll, but doesn’t fight like one. I will say that I was as much at fault for my loss as you were for beating me. So let;s just think of this as something of a return match, shall we? A way that I might get into that ring with you and correct a past mistake. I’m not going to be like any of these other women who look at you and play down the things that you’ve done like it was nothing. Most of them haven’t accomplished half as much as you have and to me, that’s just being bitter. I’m not bitter, Seleana. I’m ANGRY. It was the match against you that put me out for the past eight weeks, so you are just going to have to come to an understanding why I am going to steamroll right over you and take a great amount of pleasure in doing so!”

“Which brings us to the last woman I have to get inside of the ring with, and maybe the one that's going to be the hardest to find myself in there against. For sentimentality if not from a physical standpoint. Ariana Angelos, my own GO Gym grad! Well Ariana, I think we can both say that this is … awkward. Everyone out there, perhaps yourself included, is going to expect the two of us to go into this match with the sole purpose of working  together until it’s just the two of us and then we can focus on one of us eliminating the other. Well, I have to admit that it’s a nice plan, but not without its faults. I mean, it IS every woman for herself so if my back is turned, could I trust you not to surprise me and TRY to get me out over that top rope? Or can you say the same that when every other woman in this match jumps me in a hang up attempt, you won’t join in rather than pull them off of me to help? Ari girl, there are three things between the two of us. Loyalty and respect chief amongst them. You’re not Krystal Wolfe. Now HER I wouldn’t think twice about grabbing and tossing her out on her happy little ass, but you? You’ve had it pretty rough since you got up here in SCW from SCU. But you don’t give up. You fight on so like I said… loyalty and respect. But… that third thing? The Internet Championship? That third thing is the one thing that is going to throw the first two out the window because only one of us is going to win this one…and sister? It’s not going to be you.”

“SCW knew what it was doing when they were booking this match, because it would take five women to get between me and my first singles championship and even then? It’s not going to be enough!”