Author Topic: The I'mPostingThisSoThatIDon'tNoShow rp  (Read 316 times)

Offline Simon Jones

• View Profile
The I'mPostingThisSoThatIDon'tNoShow rp
« on: January 01, 2016, 07:23:58 PM »
 The scene opens to show the living room of Simon Jones' home in Cardiff, on the afternoon of Tuesday 29th December. Having not long returned home, after a few days away with his family over Christmas, Simon is sat opposite the camera, on a black sofa, watching television; he is wearing a pair of navy blue jeans, and a red t-shirt.

Within a matter of seconds, Jacqueline Jones - Simon's wife - walks into the room; she is wearing is wearing a pair of dark blue skinny jeans and a pink V-neck sweater. Jacqueline glances at the television, before looking to her husband.

Jacqueline: 'What are you watching?'

Simon: 'The darts: it's James Wade against Jamie Caven; Wade has just won the first set.'

Jacqueline then makes her way towards the sofa, and sits down next to Simon; Simon puts an arm around his wife.

Jacqueline: 'It didn't take long to get Matilda to go to sleep - I think she was worn out.'

Simon: 'Given how early she was awake this morning, that doesn't surprise me - the only thing that did surprise me is that she didn't fall asleep in the car, on the way home.'

Simon looks away from the television, towards Jacqueline, and the couple kiss.

Simon: 'It's all over for another year, then; by "it" I mean Christmas, and everything that comes with it.'

Jacqueline: 'Yeah - another couple of days, and it will be the New Year.'

Simon: 'Do you want to do anything for New Year's? We haven't really discussed what, if anything, we're going to do on Thursday evening.'

Jacqueline: 'With you having to fly to Vegas on Friday, are you going to be able to have a night out on Thursday?'

Simon nods.

Simon: 'Sure, I could have a night out - just as long as we don't stay out too late, and provided that I don't have too much to drink. I'm guessing it might be a bit difficult for us to find a babysitter at such short notice, though.'

Jacqueline thinks for a moment; a smile then crosses her face, as she has an alternative idea.

Jacqueline: 'In which case, how about we stay in, and get a takeaway and a bottle of wine - how does that sound?'

Simon smiles in return at his wife's suggestion.

Simon: 'That sounds lovely.'

He then kisses Jacqueline.

Simon: 'You can drink the wine on your own, though - I'll have a couple of bottles of lager, instead.'

Simon and Jacqueline stare silently - lovingly - at one another for a brief moment. Simon then turns his attention back to the television.

Simon: 'Oh, it looks like Caven is fighting back in the second set.'

Jacqueline turns to look towards the television as well.

Simon: 'I wish I was good at darts; it's the only sport I've tried playing that I've never been remotely good at - even when I used to play that game on the PlayStation, I struggled to make the darts go where I wanted them to.'

Jacqueline: 'At least your talent for wrestling is good enough that you've been able make a career out of the sport - you're able to earn a living as a professional athlete, which is something that most people can only dream of.'

Simon looks at his wife.

Simon: 'I know, it's just that I think darts is a sport that it would be great to be any good at. I mean, anyone can play football, and score a goal during a game of five-a-side with their mates - but how many people can throw three darts, and score one hundred and eighty? Relatively few.'

He then turns back to the television again.

Simon: 'Whoever wins the World Championship in the final on Sunday, will get three hundred thousand pounds - that's far more money that I would get for being the SCW World Heavyweight Champion; if there was that sort of prize money available in wrestling, I wouldn't be facing the prospect of having to go back to working in an office when I eventually retire.'

Jacqueline: 'Three hundred thousand? That's a lot of zeroes.'

Simon: 'Yes, it is - more than I'll ever see for a couple of weeks work. I'm not complaining, though - it's not like we struggle to make ends meet.'

As Simon and Jacqueline continue to watch the ongoing darts match, their peace is broken by the sound of a doorbell.

Jacqueline: 'I'll see who that is.'

Jacqueline stands up.

Jacqueline: 'You're more interested in this...'

She gestures towards the television.

Jacqueline: '...than I am.'

Simon: 'Thanks, love.'

Jacqueline walks out of the living room and into the hallway, disappearing from view. From off camera, the sound of a door opening is then heard, followed by Jacqueline greeting the person that is on their doorstep.

Jacqueline: 'Hi, Natalie.'

"Natalie" is, of course, Natalie McKinley.

Natalie: 'Hi, Jacqui.'

Jacqueline: 'Come in, come in.'

Natalie: 'Thanks.'

The sound of the door being closed is then heard, and shortly afterwards, Jacqueline re-enters the living room, with Natalie following behind; Natalie is wearing a pair of dark blue jeans, and a black parka.

Natalie: 'Hi, Simon.'

Simon looks up, acknowledging Natalie's arrival.

Simon: 'Alright, Natalie?'

Jacqueline sits back down on the sofa, next to Simon, while Natalie takes a sat on an adjacent armchair.

Natalie: 'Did you have a good Christmas?'

Jacqueline: 'Yes, thanks - it was splendid.'

Simon's shrugs nonchalantly, failing to match his wife's enthusiasm.

Simon: 'I can't complain - especially not as the Blues won yesterday.'

Natalie smiles.

Natalie: 'I'm going to watch City play Nottingham Forest this evening; I'll be meeting my Dad later.'

Natalie glances at a Christmas tree in the far corner of the room, before looking back to Simon and Jacqueline.

Natalie: 'How's Matty?'

Jacqueline: 'She's upstairs sleeping at the moment. You should have seen her face on Christmas Day, though - the way her face lit up when she saw the presents under the tree...'

Jacqueline is interrupted by a smiling Simon.

Simon: 'Seeing that look on her face made it all worth it.'

Jacqueline nods her head in agreement.

Jacqueline: 'How was your Christmas, Natalie?'

Natalie: 'It was good, too, thanks. For me, the only downside about Christmas is that it's the one day of the year when all of the gyms are closed.'

Simon smirks.

Simon: 'I'm sure that having one day off from training didn't do you any harm.'

Natalie: 'Who said anything about having a day off? I may not have been able to go to the gym, but there were still other ways for me to exercise.'

Natalie grins.

Natalie: 'By the way, Simon, how's your Mam?'

Simon: 'On the up - I think. She certainly seems to look better each time I see her; she'll be having her second bout of chemo next week.'

Natalie: 'That's good to hear.'

Simon gazes towards the television.

Simon: 'Caven's throwing for the second set.'

Natalie: 'So, Simon, are you looking forward to your match this weekend?'

Turning his focus back to Natalie, Simon nods his head.

Simon: 'Yeah, I'm looking forward to it - I'm looking forward to getting back in the six-sided ring for the first time in three weeks.'

Natalie: 'It won't be an easy match for you, though - Andrew Watts is a tricky opponent.'

Simon frowns; Natalie senses something is wrong, which leads her to frown.

Natalie: 'What?'

Simon: 'Haven't you heard?'

Natalie: 'Heard what?'

Jacqueline interjects.

Jacqueline: 'Simon's opponent for his match on Sunday has been changed.'

Natalie: 'Oh really? I wasn't aware of that; who's going to be your opponent now, Simon?'

Simon licks his lips.

Simon: 'James Huntington-Hawkes...the third.'

Natalie: 'Well, he may not have come close to winning the SCW heavyweight title, like Andrew Watts has, but he will still be a challenging opponent for you, nonetheless.'

Simon nods his head again.

Simon: 'Agreed. However, it's a match that gives me the chance to get back to winning ways after my loss at December 2 Dismember, as well as giving me the opportunity to make up for the defeat that I suffered against J2H at the beginning of last month.'

Natalie: 'Speaking of which, what I said last month still stands.'

This causes Simon to frown.

Simon: 'What still stands?'

Natalie: 'Don't you remember? I told you not to hurt J2H too badly, as he and I haven't gotten the chance to train together yet.'

Simon laughs.

Simon: 'Don't hold your breath on that - in either regard.'

Jacqueline grins mischievously.

Jacqueline: 'Natalie, do you carry a torch for J2H?'

Natalie shakes her head vehemently.

Natalie: 'No, I don't mean it like that, honestly.'

Simon and Jacqueline share a laugh at Natalie's expense.

Natalie: 'Can we talk about something else, please?'

Simon chuckles.

Simon: 'Yeah, sure. What would you rather talk about?'

Natalie: 'Actually, there is something that I had wanted to ask you about.'

Simon: 'Which is?'

Natalie: 'Well, now that the world tour is over, SCW is just going to be staging shows in Las Vegas and the surrounding area - in the immediate future - and so because of that, I had been wondering whether the two of you - and Matty - would be moving back to Vegas.'

Simon and Jacqueline look at one another; Simon takes hold of his wife's hand, and then looks back to Natalie.

Simon: 'When Jacqui and I moved back to Cardiff eighteen months ago, it was because we wanted to raise Matty in the UK, closer to our family and our friends - and that hasn't changed.'

Natalie: 'So you're staying put, then?'

Simon nods his head once more.

Simon: 'Yup.'

Simon quickly glances at Jacqueline, before looking back at Natalie.

Simon: 'We'll just see how things go. If the travelling to and from the States each week, and me being away from my family, gets to be too much, then I'll walk away from SCW. Hopefully I will at least manage to get my hands on the tag team titles before that happens, though - if it happens.'

Natalie: 'On the subject of the tag team titles, it appears that you have finally found yourself a partner.'

Simon: 'Yes - and it's the partner that, deep down, I was hoping for all along.

Simon smiles.

Simon: 'But, before I can think about success in the tag team division, I first need to take care of my match with J2H. And regardless of how you may or may not feel about my forthcoming opponent, I'm still expecting you to help with my work in the gym, as usual.'

Natalie nods.

Natalie: 'Of course.'

Fade to black.