Author Topic: Katie Vlogs: New Beginnings  (Read 380 times)

Offline Katherine Kensington

• View Profile
    • Katherine Kensington
Katie Vlogs: New Beginnings
« on: June 18, 2014, 06:46:14 PM »
 A few days before the latest show is due to air, SCW's website sees a new video get added to the 'Our Wrestlers Speak' section. This is entitled 'Katie Vlogs: New Beginnings' and the thumbnail shows an attractive young brunette with an expression of gratitude etched across her features.

Once viewers click through to see the rest of the video, however, the earnest demeanour is initially replaced by a serene expression, capped by a faultlessly polite smile. Clearly, our interloper is 'the hostess with the mostest', even if the space behind her - a well-appointed living room - is currently strewn with cardboard packing boxes. This may be the reason why, when she speaks, the young woman uses an apologetic tone:

'Hello, darlings! This is your friend Katie once again. Be very welcome to another instalment of Katie Vlogs! Before we begin, please, do forgive the clutter, the house is rather a mess, I'm afraid...'

The vlogger briefly waves towards the boxes behind her, then resumes her address:

'You see, Daddy and I shall be leaving the country in the morning. You may recall, on my last video, my having mentioned an opportunity to grapple in Nashville...? Unfortunately, that ended up not materialising. A frightful affair, really...'

The young woman looks sullen for a moment, then regains her almost artificially chipper demeanour:

'Fortunately, Daddy, absolutely wonderful darling man that he is, was able to procure alternative placements for me in a timely manner! I shall be grappling in the United States after all! Isn't that wonderfully exciting? And I do hear Las Vegas is ever so rustic...! Daddy told me there were even Indians there! Goodness me!'

The youth utters a little gasp, a dainty hand fluttering to her bosom as her lashes blink rapidly. Then, composure regained, she proceeds:

'So, yes, all rather frightfully exciting. And darlings, everyone in my new workplace is such an absolute dear! I already think of almost all of the girls in the Women's League as sisters! As for the gentlemen, I'm afraid I have yet to make most of their acquaintances - after all, it wouldn't do for an unchaperoned young lady to mingle with unattached gentlemen directly, now would it? But I am sure they are all perfectly pleasant also, and I look forward to calling each and every one of them my most dear and intimate friend!'

The young lady draws both her hands to her bosom at this point, composing a moved expression as she holds them out towards the camera in a gesture of almost supplication. Then, that particular bit of polite theatrics out of her system, she resumes:

'Before I am accepted into the Circles at Sin City Wrestling, however, there is the tiniest spot of bother I must deal with. You see, Daddy, utterly silly man that he is, personally contacted the President of my new company to request that I be properly utilised. Such an absolute darling, isn't he...? Unfortunately, the other gentleman interpreted the entire situation in entirely the wrong manner, believing Daddy wished to throw his weight around, when all he was doing was looking out for my professional welfare!'

A slight scoff of indignation, then:

'Be that as it may, I'm afraid it is absolutely paramount that I participate in a match against Joanna-darling. And let me start by saying, darling, absolutely impeccable sense of style! I cannot help but feel that we shall be wonderful friends! Although if you would permit your sister Katie the tiniest observation...well...oh dear, how shall I put this?'

The young woman makes a show of being contrite, looking away from the camera and biting her lip nervously as she twirls her fingers. Then, after a moment, she seemingly makes up her mind:

'Well, darling, when one is...shall we say top-heavy...one must really request that their tailor make the necessary alterations to prevent...well...tightness. One does not wish to appear as though one's clothing is a size too small, does one now?'

Katie
has an airy giggle, then:

'Oh, but don't fret, dear, after I best you in our little kerfuffle Sunday next, I should be delighted to treat you to a spot of shopping, so that we may work on that tiny little flaw in your wardrobe. We shall call it a consolation prize of sorts.'

The Brit gives the camera her most earnest, winning smile before proceeding:

'In return, in the spirit of sisterhood, perhaps you might introduce me to some of the gentlemen in your...shall I say professional team? I do adore Italian men, and their line of work makes them so delightfully...rugged!'

A wistful sigh ensues, Katie allowing herself a dreamy expression, then another little giggle:

'Oh, but listen to me waffle on! I shall leave you darlings be, I must go and bid farewell to my horses, my poor babies, who shall miss their Mummy ever so much! But do believe me when I say, Joanna darling, that I am absolutely ecstatic about having the opportunity to grapple with you. Think of what an impact it will make, when the absolute newcomer bests the former multiple-time Champion on her very first bout! Oh, shan't it be a triumph?!'

Katie
composes another dreamy expression for a moment, then signs off:

'That bout is this coming Sunday, nine-ish, darlings. Do be sure to tune in and support your friend Katie, won't you?'

And, with a little wave:

'Ta-ra!'

The image freezes for a micro-second at this point before the video ends.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 06:54:51 PM by Katherine Kensington »
user posted image