Author Topic: I’m on the road for gold!  (Read 318 times)

Offline Jessie Salco

• SCW's Heavy Metal Bombshell
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Jessie Salco
I’m on the road for gold!
« on: June 13, 2014, 08:27:45 PM »
 Despite her best efforts Jessie was defeated by Odette Stevens at Chaos in Cape Town after she missed a Swanton Bomb, whilst Steve has pretty much put any possibility of a rematch with Gabriel to rest by saying that he wouldn’t be pursuing a rematch with Gabriel at the request of his family Jessie hasn’t said anything about it, in fact the most Jessie has said since then was on the departure of Exodus’s vocalist Rob Dukes.

This week she had more on her mind than just the departure of the vocalist for one of her favorite bands however as she was taking on Amy Marshall and Mercedes Vargas in a Triple Threat Match to determine Emma Rose’s next challenger for the SCW Bombshell Roulette Championship, not only are all three women in this match former Roulette Champions but Amy and Mercedes have a storied history with each other that Jessie could use to her advantage but can she win?

Fry’s Record Store, Las Vegas, Nevada
June 13th 2014, 11:00am

Insert Friday the 13th reference here, movie series or the fact that Friday the 13th is usually associated with bad luck, take your pick!

Well, Friday the 13th may be unlucky for some but this week’s Climax Control will be very lucky for me as I’m taking on Amy Marshall and Mercedes Vargas in a Triple Threat Roulette Rules match to determine who will get to challenge Emma Rose for the SCW Bombshell Roulette Championship presumably at Into the Void III and considering that I haven’t held a title, singles or otherwise, since the Team Erick debacle last year I pretty much need to win this match!

But if you know my opponents you know it won’t be easy.

I have faced Amy and Mercedes before, in one match that featured Lizzie, Amy and Mercedes and I faced Mercedes in that Eleven Bombshell Battle Royal that took place during the second week of the African Tour back in April but this is my first time facing them with no other Bombshells involved, I also know that they both have history with each other and I will be using that to my advantage even if I don’t have as storied a wrestling background as they do!

But fuck it, it’s not like I’ve ever let that stop me since then!

So, what am I up too? Well after we found out that Rob Dukes had left Exodus and was replaced by the hack he replaced we realized that there was a lot of awesome metal albums that we missed out on because of the African Tour that took up two months of our time and needless to say we plan on rectifying just that by going to this store and buying any metal albums we can find.

What can I say? Not having to spend money on concerts during The African Tour left us with quite a bit of money in our back pockets!

“Hey babe, check it out!” Shane said as he held up a DVD, oh yeah, this store sells DVDs as well. “I found a Friday the 13th box set!”

“Seriously, you’re a fan of that shitty film series?” I asked as I walked up to him. “I already doubted your taste in movies when you said that Home on the Range is an underrated Disney Classic and that Hunchback of Notre Damne is only good for Hellfire, don’t dig yourself any deeper!”

“Oh come on, we’re metalheads, aren’t we supposed to be tolerant of other peoples taste in music?” Shane asked and I shared a look with Jake. “Okay, I started that one flame war with that kid who claimed that Black Veil Brides and Sleeping with Sirens are better death metal bands than Cannibal Corpse and Obituary but come on! That punk was asking for it!” Apparently my fiancé has never heard of internet trolls.

“Look we could stand her and argue about how wrong that viewpoint is but it would be closing time by the time we’re done!” Jake chimed in with a frown as he folded his arms. “Besides we came here to get albums and allow Jessie to cut her promo for the Roulette Rules match at Climax Control, not argue! That said if you want to get that boxset we won’t stop you! We’ll just make fun of your bad movie taste some more!”

“You guys are no fun.” Shane said jokingly as he put the DVD Boxset under his arm and walked over to the metal section with us. “Speaking of the match, you have any idea of what you want to say babe?”

“Yeah but I’ll save that for the promo itself.” I responded as I picked up some albums. “But one thing’s for sure, I’ll be focusing on the history between Amy and Mercedes and how to use it to my advantage in the match!”

“I thought you were friends with Amy?” Jake asked and I nodded.

“I am but that doesn’t mean that I won’t give it my all in this match.” I responded with a grin. “It’s like the title track off of Arch Enemy’s new album says, friend or foe, there’s nowhere to go.”

“Aren’t you forgetting the next line, in the battlefield of life its kill or be killed?” Shane pointed out before pausing. “Huh, you know what that actually fits it perfectly.”

“Exactly!” I said as we continued picking up albums until we were satisfied with our selection and walked over to the cashier. “So we’re paying for this stuff separately right?”

“Well I don’t know about you guys but I don’t feel like wiping out my account in one go so no.” Jake responded with a nod before paying for his stuff, I and Shane paid for our stuff next and after declining an offer for a loyalty card we left the store and headed to our car. “Jess, if you want to do your promo we’ll be happy to wait for you.”

“You know what? I’ll do just that!” I responded before walking off to find a secluded area in order to make sure that I wouldn’t get interrupted and once I found one I got started.

“The Odette match is behind me and whilst I’m sure that I won’t make the same mistakes again if I get a return match against Odette I have more pressing things to worry about like the Triple Threat Roulette Rules match between me, Amy and Mercedes for a chance at the SCW Bombshell Roulette Championship and since it’s been way to long since my last reign I don’t plan on letting this opportunity go to waste!”

First up is Amy.

“Any, we may be friends but there’s no friends in the ring unless it’s a tag team match, you know it and I know it! That said you may have had the most recent reign out of the three of us but that won’t stop me from winning this match and going on to win the SCW Bombshell Roulette Championship from Emma Rose at a future date!”

Next up is Mercedes!

“As for you Mercedes, we have one thing in common and that’s the fact that both of our title reigns were short and we are looking to amend that in this match! However considering that it’s been a while since I have held a title I think it’s safe to say that I want this more than you do so kiss your title dreams good-bye Mercedes because you won’t be seeing them for a long time!”

Oh and one more thing before wrap-up.

“I’m pretty sure that everyone on the roster knows of the history between you two by now, it’s kind of hard not to notice really! And guess who’ll be taking advantage of it in this match? That’s right, me! You have to grab opportunities every chance you get after all especially when those opportunities involve a potential title reign so whilst you two are bickering I’ll go ahead and attack!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“And that attack will lead me down the road to gold! Sorry Amy and Mercedes but it’s been to long since my last title shot and I intend to correct that by winning this match! This is SCW’s Heavy Metal Bombshell Jessie Salco signing off, Amy, Mercedes today maybe Friday the 13th but it’ll definitely be bad luck for you on Sunday!”

I went back to our car as the scene fades.