Author Topic: Asterisk  (Read 320 times)

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
Asterisk
« on: May 10, 2014, 12:01:05 AM »
 The petty crime. The poverty. The devastation. Normally this is the scene one would find after a natural disaster, say, a hurricane or some random act of God. Memories of such events like ravaged New Orleans when Hurricane Katrina struck in 2006 or when Irene tore through most of the Northeast in late August 2011 would probably come to mind. Perhaps the dreaded Andrew in 1992 or Charlie that barraged the Sunshine State more than a decade later in 2002.

Now imagine, just for a moment, if this was the scene you had to wake up to everyday. No, this isn't some modern day version of the movie cult classic, “Groundhog Day”, but it very well could be for the people who call Madagascar their home.

Rice fields are seen everywhere even at this far up – 500 feet to be exact. Mercedes looks through a pair of binoculars around her neck as the chilling scene made her cringe. Flying over the area, it made her appreciation life that much more. She brings her cellphone to her ear, in the middle of conversation.

"No, I'm not joking, Mom. I'm actually in Madagascar....No circus animals were harmed during my flight...I have match this weekend...Well, if it helps, the in-flight movie was Snakes on a Plane. Again. I can't stand that comedy movie...I know it's not a comedy, but it should be. Have you seen the acting? Mother's Day isn't until Sunday. Yes I know it isn't until October, but I'm not in Argentina....You're too kind....Yes, I remembered to bring fly nests...If I don't catch malaria, then you'll hear from me soon...Happy Mother's Day, too. Bye.

“Yup, this has train wreck all over it.”

Jorge's worldview of things. He receives a sharp elbow in the ribs from Mercedes.

Jorge: Ow! What was that for?

Mercedes: Can you BE any more insensitive?

Jorge: What? This wasn't what I read in the brochure.

Mercedes: Oh? And what were you expecting?

Jorge: I don't know, streets of gold, ivory towers, shiny business districts galore...

Mercedes: We're in the fifth-poorest country in the world, Jorge. Compared to Argentina, we're like royalty here. What's the worse that can happen?

Jorge: We're five hundred feet up in the air, our pilot doesn't speak a word of English, and if I hear anything remotely close to 'all right, good night' or '370', - even in French – I'm sorry, but I'm taking my chances.

Mercedes: Is that a challenge?

[Fade]

Well, don't I feel special? Yours truly, the Argentine Assassin Mercedes Vargas gets to step in the ring with champions and a returning Bombshell who is making the best of her second time here. Don't call it a comeback, right, Electra? You probably think I'm going to be another Veronica Taylor, but that's not what you're getting this week.

Let's not ignore the elephant in the room. You, Roxi, have always been a great competitor. And now you have this. Cyrus Powell, a proven strategist and motivator in your corner. It's about time he earned his keep though. You know, judging how you lost your first match, and then getting your ass kicked by Odette Ryder.

So now you're the Bombshell Champion for the second time. This is what you wanted, right? To be seen, to be respected. Now that you're the queen bee of the Bombshells again you think you're going to get all that, part and parcel, right?

Oh, Roxanne, you poor, naive, little girl. Do you remember your first reign with the Bombshell Championship? I'm almost sure you do. You got a nice little send off, everyone couldn't be happier. You accomplished something Kitty and Brooklyn Carter had already done by ending Misty's reign, which is nothing to sneeze at. Misty, being the dominant champion she was in each of her reigns, isn't someone who is going to rollover for anyone, so your first reign was something to cherish. After you ended her reign, everyone probably thought that Misty would be the only Bombshell who will ever hold the title on more than one occasion.

They were wrong.

When Vixen did the unthinkable by beating Gothika ending her four-month reign – the longest in the history of the championship – hell froze over. Planets were probably shot out of orbit. Volcanoes erupted. The world was coming to an end. But you couldn't, or, rather you wouldn't let her enjoy her moment in the sun – you just had to end the feel-good story of 2014, didn't you? And so, we have your feel-good story of 2014, the all-new, all different Roxi Johnson – two-time Bombshell Champion.

And now, thanks to your manager, you're now on top of the world. But how long do you think that's going to last, Roxi? It won't last for three months, that I can promise you. Your manager sees you as an outcast, a pariah, someone who who felt slighted by the SCW brass, and maybe you actually took those words to heart.

You know what I see when I look at you?

I see a whiner. I see a complainer. You were given title shot after title shot against Gothika, and you failed. So it was back to the drawing board. Now that you've got this new attitude and feel sorry for you, we're supposed to respect you?

Well, sorry, honey, but I'm not going to be on the bandwagon. I'm looking to overturn that apple cart.

Roxi, you and I are no strangers to each other, something SCW should take into account. Before SCW, we had our battles in another time and place and we were suppose to face one another for a title you held at the time, but for whatever reason, that never happened.

Only, no one really paid any attention to you, did they? No, they had bigger fish to fry, they had better things to do than worry about Little Miss Superhero and her ill-gotten prize.

And how did that make you feel? Ignored? Worthless? Pathetic? I thought so.

Let's face it, the only reason why you held the Bombshell Championship for three months is because Misty wasn't interested in facing you again.

Now, you've got better competition, and it starts this weekend.

So this Sunday, get ready. Roxi, Electra, It's going to a night of redemption and retribution in Madagascar. And seeing that it is Mother's Day, that should make this a little more interesting
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 12:03:27 AM by Mercedes Vargas »

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)