Author Topic: Not a care in the world...  (Read 1547 times)

Offline Bobbie Dahl

• View Profile
    • Bobbie Dahl
Not a care in the world...
« on: March 06, 2020, 09:53:40 PM »

Friday March 6th, 2020
Heading Across the Pond

It’s been a quiet couple of weeks for Bobbie Dahl. After losing to Roxi Johnson at My Bloody Valentine, something inside of her just...disappeared. She was so ready to become the World Bombshell Champion, and she thought she had it in the bag. She was excited for the chance to prove everyone wrong and finally come out on top when the match mattered the most. But she didn’t. She failed...again.

Some would call it karma. Roxi Johnson would call it justice. It didn’t really matter what you called it, Bobbie just called it plain and simple motivation killing failure. So she gathered up her things and headed back home to Illinois, ready to throw in the towel. Except she was forgetting one important thing.

The Blast From The Past tournament. That’s right, Bobbie had signed herself up for the Blast From The Past several weeks earlier, and it was too late to withdraw. Luckily for her she wasn’t booked for the first week matches and she stayed home from the trip to Scotland, much to Christian Underwood’s dismay. She would, no doubt, hear it from him sooner or later.

But that wouldn’t be for at the very least two more days once she made it to England for this week’s Climax Control. She’s currently in her bedroom packing her suitcase for that very trip when her mother appears in the doorway, staring at her. She clears her throat and steals Bobbie’s attention away from packing, if only for the moment.

Barbie: Bobbie, we need to talk.

Bobbie quickly shakes her head, not interested.

Bobbie: Later. I’m busy packing for this stupid trip.

Barbie takes a couple steps forward and into Bobbie’s room. She folds her arms and stares at her daughter, a very serious expression on her face.

Barbie: No, not later. No more excuses. No more avoiding this. We’re going to talk now, whether you like it or not.

Bobbie: What is there to talk about, Ma? I need to worry about this trip right now and once this match is over with, we can talk when I come home. I promise.

Barbie shakes her head in annoyance. Bobbie continues trying to avoid having any sort of conversation, but her mother has other plans and she forces the issue.

Barbie: You say that every time, Bobbie. No more. You seem dead set on walking away from the career you’ve built, and I’m here to tell you that if you do, there will be consequences.

Bobbie turns around very slowly and stares at her mother, slightly confused.

Bobbie: Consequences? What? Am I a teenager again that you can just punish for whatever reason you want?

Barbie: No, but you’re certainly acting like one. You’re an adult, and I don’t think I need to remind you of that. You’re more than capable of doing things on your own. Staying here during your off weeks while you travel is one thing, but…

Bobbie’s eyes quickly narrow and she steps forward, not liking the direction this conversation is headed.

Bobbie: But what?!

Barbie: But if you walk out of your contract with SCW, that will be the end of it. Before you broke up with Artie, you were actively looking for a place of your own, and now you’re suddenly not. You better start up that search again. Because your father and I are officially done with your crap.

Bobbie’s jaw drops, but only for a moment. She soon smiles and shakes her head, turning around and looking at what she has packed already.

Bobbie: Yeah, ok Ma. We’ll talk about this when I get home from England. You’re just mad right now.

Barbie: You’re damn right I’m mad, and no we won’t talk about it when you get home from England. I’m not joking. This has to stop, one way or another.

Bobbie: What exactly has to stop?! You and Dad never liked my decision to get involved with wrestling in the first place, but now you’re suddenly angry that I want to quit? I’ll find a different job. It’s no big deal.

Barbie shakes her head again.

Barbie: It is a big deal when wrestling has been something that you clearly love doing and are pretty damn good at it! But you’re ready to give up just because you lost a match.

Bobbie: What the hell?! Have you been talking to my boss or something?! That’s NOT why I want to quit! You think I’m good at it? Apparently I’m not if I keep fucking failing and everyone keeps throwing it in my face! So please don’t talk about something you know nothing about.

Bobbie continues putting things in her suitcase, attempting to end the conversation with her mother. Unfortunately for her, it doesn’t work and her mother continues anyway.

Barbie: You need to work through whatever problems you’re going through, Bobbie, because this is not you. This is not the girl I raised, and you need help. You think the whole world is against you, and it’s not. At least it wasn’t until you made it happen.

Bobbie: Whatever, Ma. I don’t have time for this crap. It’s good to know whose side you’re on, because it clearly isn’t mine.

Bobbie quickly zips her suitcase closed and sets it on the floor. She turns back to face her mother.

Barbie: I will always be on your side, Bobbie. But you’ve got it stuck in your head otherwise. I want you to be happy. I want you to succeed and I really thought you were headed that way with this wrestling career. If you want to give it up?

Her mother shrugs, disappointed.

Barbie: Well, then I really can’t stop you. But, like I said, there will be consequences if you do. Just remember that. I hope for your sake that you reconsider.

Bobbie: Why? You seem pretty intent on kicking me out of here anyway.

Barbie shakes her head one last time.

Barbie: This isn’t about kicking you out of the house. This is about the impact the decision will have on the rest of your life. Think about that.

Barbie then turns around and walks out, leaving Bobbie to think about what she just said. Bobbie thinks for a moment, but she rolls her eyes before heading over to her dresser to gather a few more things.

What was I thinking? I mean, seriously, why the hell did I sign myself up for this stupid tournament in the first place?! Because I have absolutely no desire to be any part of it anymore! There’s no point.

Casey freaking Williams. That’s who I got stuck with as a damn partner! I get the pairings are completely luck of the draw, but damn. CASEY WILLIAMS?! I’d have a better chance with Caleb Storms. Oh well, I guess. It’s time to head to England and just get this damn first round match out of the way, because I know we’re not advancing in this.

I don’t care about having fun. Not that there is any fun to be had in this anyway, not with my derailed freight train of pain of a partner. And I sure as shit don’t even want to try and win this thing. Not anymore. When I signed up, there was at least the glimmer of hope that had I won the World Bombshell Championship, I’d be fighting for a chance to choose my own opponent if me and my partner won. Now, though? The prize is a shot at something I don’t even want anymore.

I don’t want any of it. What’s the point? Everyone keeps saying it’s not all about titles and crap like that, but what happens if you don’t win them? It’s thrown in your goddamn face! At least it’s thrown in mine. And I’m tired of it.

Call it complaining. Call it bitching all you want. I speak the truth and that’s all there is to it. The fact is that I’m always going to be considered the underdog or less than worthy because I’m a fat whiny bitch. Oh, and then there’s because I don’t have some attention seeking bitch of a trainer like Odette Stevens. I mean, because if you haven’t been trained by Odette and Gabriel, you’re nothing, right?

I guess you could ask Tallyn. Or whatever the fuck her name is. Seriously, what kind of name is that? Stupid. But that’s beside the point. Ask anyone. If you were trained by the high caliber fan favorite Gabriel and Odette Stevens, you might as well throw in the towel, because they’re guys are all that matter. They’re on their way to championship reigns in the next few months, apparently.

I don’t care anymore. I know Casey and I don’t stand a chance. That shit doesn’t bother me. I don’t want to win it, so they can advance. They can go on and win it for all I care, because bets are probably already being placed on Tallyn and Jack anyway. It makes me sick. Really, it does.

But don’t worry, folks, after this loss you won’t be hearing anymore whining or bitching from me. I’m throwing in the towel. I’m passing the buck. Whatever you want to call it. I’m done. You can all focus your attention on someone else, because Bobbie Dahl has had enough.

I know I’ll get flack for it. I know people will call me a coward or say I’m tucking my tail between my legs or whatever, but say what you will. None of it matters. The fact is that I can’t keep doing something I no longer find any joy in doing, and your insults and opinions will not change my mind or make me feel even the least bit guilty about my decision.

So go ahead, bully me some more. Gang up on me and attack me like you all do. I’m done caring anymore.

Bobbie Dahl is OUT!

>