Author Topic: Victory or Nothing  (Read 338 times)

Offline The Jersey Devil Diva

• View Profile
    • Joanne Canelli
Victory or Nothing
« on: March 05, 2014, 04:02:21 PM »

Act 1: Victory at any cost

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights."
Muhammad Ali

\'user

The scene opens on the beautiful  Sonoran Desert, where we find an oasis of green in the Ventana Canyon in Arizona. The green stretches on for a good while, against the mountain side that it rests under. A golf course can be seen, and a few people were out playing as the sun shone brightly against the bright blue sky. Blue pools sparkled in the late afternoon sun,as the green palm trees blew gently in the wind that moved through them. The bright colored flowers were still in bloom and their scents drifted on the air filling the senses of anyone that was near by. The camera focuses on the resort, and we see families making their way to one of the many activities that could be found on the resort grounds, while couples strolled hand in hand along one of the many pathways that wound their way through the bright green forests that surrounded it. The balconies on the suites over looked the pools and the tennis courts, while others were screened and overlooked the golf course. The camera soon focuses on one of the many balconies that lines one side of the resort, where we find the doors wide open, and the drapes billowing in the wind. The Bombshell Tag Title hung over a chair at the dinning table, and it shimmered brightly in the sun that streamed through the window. The camera pans through the suite, and we see Joanne getting ready to start another day. Her long hair was pulled back from her tanned face, and a black crew top replaced the refined tailored suit that she usually wore. Tight black and red yoga pants hugged her lower half and a pair of black and red running shoes that matched. She sighs, as she looks at herself in the mirror one last time before she walked out of the bedroom and into the living room where we find Reno and Rude sitting on the couch in front of the big screen TV playing some sort of game. Joanne stretches and leans on the back of the couch, kissing Reno on the neck.

Joanne: I take it, I'm headin' to the gym by myself huh?

Reno: We'd go with you, but were in the middle of a death battle.

Rude: Yeah, we can't just walk away from it.

Joanne: I guess I'll be all right by myself... I mean what can happen on a resort like this right?

Reno: Why don't you take Scarpaci with you?

Joanne: I'd rather take my chances on my own. Besides I don't know where he is.  Why don't you two come down when you're done, and then we'll get some lunch or somethin'?

Rude: Sounds like a plan boss. We'll be there soon.

Joanne sighs, and heads out of the suite. She walks down the hallway, and toward the elevator and presses the button watching the numbers starting to rise.

Joanne: Our first title defense... This should be fun. Emma and I make a good team and it's surprises me that we are. I don't really know anythin' about her, but I guess that's ok. I lost my first match in IWF but I'm not goin' to lose my title, not that easy, and not without a fight.

The doors soon open and she steps inside the car. She presses the button for the ground floor, and leans against the back as the doors close in front of her.

Joanne: Emma I respect you and between the two of us we have managed to do what only a handful of others have done. We beat Vixen and Misty for the tag titles and what a win that was, but now... Now we have to defend them from the greedy hands of Mercedes and Traci. I know between the two of us we can do it no matter what we have to do to keep them in our hands. When they first threw us into that match I didn't think that we could do it but you proved me wrong, and I'm glad that you did. This week we'll have to do whatever we can to take them down and keep what is rightfully ours.

Joanne watches the numbers go down, and soon the doors slide open and she steps out. She passes through the lobby drawing the attention of a few people as she walks by heading toward the gym.

Joanne: I'm one of the best in this company, and you Mercedes are nothin' more then Spanish trash. You held the Roulette Title but once again it has slipped through your fingers hasn't it? Necra now holds it and you have been left with nothin', just like you will this week. Two weeks ago Emma and I walked away with the Tag Titles in hand and we plan on holding onto them as long as we can. You see I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty, I'm not above breakin' bones just to get what I want in the end.

She smiles to herself, as she walks through the lobby and reaches the gym. The lights were still off and it was empty. She sighs, and walks inside. She flicks a switch on the wall, and the lights start to hum to life once again. She walks over to a punching bag, and hits it once. It moves slightly, and she smiles as she starts to work the bag.

Joanne: Mercedes we have done this dance so many times now, and yet you don't seem to learn do you? Of course no one that faces me ever learns their lesson and just seem to come back for more, and learn their place for a short amount of time, before they face me again, only to be taught the same lesson over and over again. You know you could just walk away from this and I won't say anythin'. It would be the smart thin' to do really.

Joanne hits the punching bag a little harder this time, and moves as it swings toward her. She moves with grace as it swings around her, and hits it with a hard right straight into the middle.

Joanne: I know what you're thinkin', and I know punchin' bags don't hit back, but it doesn't matter. I just need to make sure that I can defend my title from the likes of people like you Mercedes. You don't deserve gold around your waist, or anywhere near you. You bring the value of any title that you hold down, and that's not good now is it? We have brought respect back to these titles, and I'm not goin' to let someone like you get your hands on them at least not without a fight that you know that you can't win.

As the punching bag comes at Joanne again, she sidesteps it, and hits it with a roundhouse kick, sending it flying back a bit more.

Joanne: Traci you and I have stood side by side and we have faced each other more than once. We've had our battles back and forth, but this is where it ends. You see you and Mercedes are goin' to step into the middle of the ring on Sunday and try to stop Emma and myself, but it's not goin' to happen. We've only had these titles for like two weeks, and you or Mercedes are goin' to stop me.

Joanne hits the bag as it comes back toward her with a right haymaker and sends it flying to the floor, exploding sending beans and sand all over the floor. Joanne smiles to herself, as she looks at the camera with her dark eyes sparkling in the dim light.

Joanne: The question that I have to throw out there is really simple ladies... Do you think that you can stand against me? How long do you think you can last against the Jersey Devil Diva when you back me into a corner and try to take what is rightfully mine? You're not goin' to stand against me very long now are you? I've faced both of you before and won. Sunday night won't be any different, and you know that, and that's what scares you isn't it? I'm the best at what I do, but if you two want to try and stop me then by all means... Come and get me.

She moves toward a mat in the middle of the floor and starts to shadow box. Her movements are fluid, as she moves around on the balls of her feet, throwing punches at imaginary opponents.

Joanne: I hope that you realize that I will not back down from this match, nor will I stop when that bell rings. There will be broken bones, blood, sweat and tears spilled durin' this match, and when all is said and done, you will be the ones broken, bloodied, bruised, and beggin' for death to come. I will show no mercy, and take no prisoners. This will be a match that no one will forget. We are the Mafioso, and we get paid to kick your ass! See you soon ladies... Oh and good luck.... You're goin' to need it.

Joanne looks at the camera as she continues to fight against her invisible foes. The doors of the gym soon opens, and Reno and Rude walk inside, watching Joanne move around the mat, as the scene fades to black.
>

"We are the Mafioso; and we get paid to kick your ass!"

Hits: 14  Survivors: 13

Current Bombshell Internet Champion
Bombshell Tag Champion
Bombshell Roulette Champion x 1