Author Topic: Te Quiero Taco Bell  (Read 500 times)

Offline Zoey Lukas

• View Profile
    • Zoey Lukas
Te Quiero Taco Bell
« on: January 30, 2020, 07:17:46 PM »
”Look, maybe I went hard on the guy, but coming here is the only thing keeping me sane right now. After what happened at the hearing….I need this…” Troy sighed and reached out putting a hand on Sierras shoulder. He just smiled warmly and gave a nod before moving passed her towards the office. He then stopped and turned. ”I forgot to tell you. Diego left a message for you. He said when you’re done here you should go meet him and Rico at their apartment.”

Sierra gave another nod, she had left her phone at home deliberately. Every time she held it she looked through the pictures of her and Jade, it made her heart sink and ache. She couldn’t go through that right now. ”Did they say why?” Troy laughed and shrugged. ”Something about his friend coming through and a plan coming together?” Sierras head short up with a smile on her face. She had thought it was all a lie, that Diego’s far fetched scheme wouldn’t work. She grabbed her bag and walked up to Troy catching him off guard with a hug. ”Thanks Troy...thanks for everything...I’ll see you round…”

Searching for gold in a broken home
I'm drawing blood, blood from a stone
I have nothing, no silver lining
Just the guilt of surviving

Internet Darlings.

It had been a few weeks since her loss to Kate Steele. A few weeks since feeling the humiliation and anger rise up in her stomach to the point where she felt broken and unworthy. A week of self reflection later and a few trips to taco bell to remind her what she didn’t want to go back to had pulled her out of it. Lachlan had helped, as always he was her rock, her guiding light. And now here she sat. Inside a hotel room in Orlando Florida.

She sat with her back against the wall, her hair under a black bandana as she kept one leg bent and up and the other straight out.

”Did you all actually believe I had snapped”

She laughed loudly, referring to the change in social media. The taco bell tweets, the taco bell puns. It seemed to entertain people but also worry them. Even Bobbie Dahl, Sierras now longtime rival had noticed and worried she had gone “crazy”. But Sierra hadn’t. Not by a long shot.

”It was to prove a point. See I know where I come from, I know what I’ve gone through to get to a point like this. And as I said on Climax Control, I shouldn’t have lost to Kate Steele. I shouldn’t have, it was on me and that hurts more than most people can fathom. See if you go into a competitive match against someone you know is good the loss doesn’t sting as much, because you know you’re facing a peer, an equal, someone who will use the win over you to advance their career and go to higher heights. Look at Bobbie and Roxi, they were my last high profile losses and just see where they are now.”

“Bobbie is the number one contender for the SCW Bombshells title and Roxi is the champion. They were good enough to beat me and they’re at the top of the division, but I held in there with them, I took Roxi, a fucking legend, to her limits and almost had her and genuinly feel that one on one I could take her if given the chance. And Bobbie? Well she and I always beat the hell out of each other bu8t for some reason whenever she and I go at it she comes out on top..”

“These losses did sting, they did get under my skin, but I could deal with them..”

“Losing to Kate?. I couldn’t stomach it. And I’ll tell you why. Kate Steele is someone who has succeeded in wrestling despite her lack of talent and fortitude. She is a weak minded child who flip flops between wanting to be a badass british wrestling flag bearer and a meek respectful wannabe. She goes from being a dominant woman in her relationship to being a subservient little waifu to a misogynist pig. Truth is Kate Steele has no earthly idea who the fuck she wants to be and the fact I lost to someone who struggles to put a goddamn coherant sentence together made me sick to my goddamn stomach.”

Sierra spit the words out, the anger rising up and obviously still weighing heavily on her mind. She felt the need and want to hit something or someone. Repeatedly. Over and over until whatever or whoever it was stopped moving. It seemed like the old Sierra was back.

”See it all hit me at once. This realisation as to why I lost. Cause as I said, I shouldn’t have. I lost because the Sierra that cut that promo a few months ago, that was tearing through the division had disappeared. I had become complacent. I believed my own hype and I had won that future star award and for a while I believed I just had to be here and success would come. But that isn’t how the world works, and certainly isn’t how professional wrestling works. And somewhere along the line, I lost sight of that, I let my head get bigger than it should have. And in doing so...lost what made me special…”

She pushed to her feet, her voice cracking a little as she looked out the window and then back to her phone that was recording this whole thing. Her hands slid into the front pockets of her black skinny jeans as we see her white and black shirt, a picture of her father on it as she shot a smile.

”I come from a family that was born and bred into this. My father was a legend in Mexico before moving to Canada with my mother. He created a life for himself from humble beginnings. I became entitled, I let him down and I dishonored my family name. And now, I need to make up for it. I refuse to become just another name on the roster or a face in the crowd. And luckily, Mark and Christian still see me as a future star. And as such have put me into a match to qualify for the Internet title ladder match at My Bloody Valentine. And to get there I have to face newcomer Violet Amelia Holt…”

“It always amuses me though, facing a new name on the roster. You don’t know much about them, I mean Violet has so much she can draw pn with me, the fact I went from being in a dominant tag team to being a better than average singles star but I have yet to win gold by myself. The fact these opportunities slip through my fingers, hell she could even go down the idiot route and say that I’m obviously nothing without Lachlan and he “Carried” me, something that manny morons in this company have said.”

“But, reading the info for this match on SCW’s website and all the local advertising caught my eye.”

“I know SCW had to talk people up, but did they really call you “one of the fastest rising stars” Violet?. That has to make you feel real good considering all we’ve seen from you is tapping out to Bea Barnhart. And hey I mean no disrespect, Bea could be a great talent, that could have just been a bad night, but calling you that?. They really are trying hard to hype this match up. But let me help you Violet. See, you’ll get in the ring with me and do your best. And hey, I will respect the effort and truth be told I’m not dumb enough to take you lightly...cause that’s when ipsets happen and thats when you end up choking and failing…”

Sierra scoffs and paces back and forth before catching herself in the mirror looking at her shirt with a laugh.

”You and I Violet, we come from a similar background. You come from a wrestling family. Trained by your father, in the shadow of your older sister Shelby. I get it, I understand. For a long time I was in the shadow of my brothers Diego and Rico, known as the Canadian Cabron’s. I watched as they riled Canada, went to Europe, Japan and down to our homeland of Mexico, I watched them set the American Independents on fire. So I get it, you’re going to want to break out of that shadow. I’m sure my little brother feels the same way while he trains back home and wrestles for local promotions…”

“And I invite you to try Violet, bring your best, bring your heart,,,,”

“So I can break it…”
>