Author Topic: “Throwing a Wrench in the Works!”  (Read 454 times)

Offline Jessie Salco

• SCW's Heavy Metal Bombshell
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Jessie Salco
“Throwing a Wrench in the Works!”
« on: May 15, 2020, 07:59:45 PM »
 Into the Void was drawing near and that came with the Mixed Tag Team Titles Match between the champions Wolfslair and the Trenton Tigers but this week’s Climax Control looked set to throw a wrench in the works for not only that match but a match that had been made official last week as in this week’s Main Event Wolfslair were defending the SCW Mixed Tag Team Titles against Jessie Salco and Caleb Storms! Caleb had already issued a challenge for a Roulette Rules Match against Tiberius the Great of Elysia following his controversial defeat at the holy man’s hands the previous week but a win here would throw a wrench into those plans, can Jessie win the Mixed Tag Titles for the first time and Caleb for the second time?

Outside Caleb’s hotel room, Las Vegas, Nevada
Friday the 15th of May 2020, 11:00am

God, can this lockdown be over already? I’m dying of boredom over here!

And before someone points out the obvious, yep, I am well aware that we got the Corona Virus a couple of weeks before we went into lockdown mode but aside from that we’ve been in the clear, that aside me and Caleb have a job to do on Sunday and that’s win the SCW Mixed Tag Team Titles from Wolfslair and mess with at least two matches that have been scheduled for the Into the Void card, one is a mixed tag team title match and one is about resolving Calen’s issues with Tiberius the Great of Elysia.

And I’m with Caleb, where the fuck does Mark Ward find these people?!

As for Wolfslair, I’m familiar with Alex Jones from Honor Wrestling but this is our first time wrestling each other even though it’s under SCW’s Mixed Tag Rules but Johanna is someone I’m not familiar with, I know she wrestles Song to a draw twice and she and Alex beat London Underground for the titles a while back but that’s about it, will that stop us from dethroning them and winning the titles? Honestly, I don’t know because they are both talented as hell.

I knocked on the door to Caleb’s room and almost immediately I heard Caleb’s dog barking, I know Lemmy’s still a puppy but come on you have to train him better than that! Not long after that the door opened, and Lenny raced out in front of Caleb to greet me and the boys.

“Oh, hey Jessie.” Caleb greeted me as Shane and Jake bent down to stroke the excited Labrador and I felt his tail whacking against my boots. “I know I said I’d join you for training and the promo, but I got caught up feeding Lemmy.”

“He’s a puppy, how much food does he need?” I asked with a raised eyebrow before glancing over and realizing that Lemmy was now getting belly rubs from Shane, okay I’ll admit he’s a cute puppy but I’m trying to stay focused, Caleb shook his head before calling Lemmy back to his side.

“You’ve never had dogs before, have you Jess?” Caleb asked as Lemmy walked up to his master’s side and sat down whilst panting with his tongue hanging out the side, I shook my head as Caleb rubbed Lemmy’s ears. “He’s got a big appetite, that’s all I’m saying.”

“Yeah, yeah.” I responded as I rolled my eyes. “As cute as your doggo is, don’t we have more important things to worry about, like the Mixed Tag Team Title Match on Sunday?”

“Can you guys take this elsewhere? I’m trying to watch TV.” Katie’s voice rang out from inside the hotel room and Caleb’s wife poked her head out the side of the door. “I’ll keep an eye on Lemmy if you want to focus on your match.”

“That’s fine, though I think Jake and Shane want to spend time with Lemmy.” Caleb responded and the boys quickly nodded before they went into the hotel room, I shook my head before following Caleb with my arms crossed. “So, you ready to start throwing wrenches?”

“I’m guessing you mean into the boss’s plans for the PPV and not literally throwing wrenches at people.” I joked and Caleb shook his head with a chuckle, I might be short compared to a lot of female wrestlers at 5ft 2 nut having a husband who’s a foot taller than me and a brother whose six foot ten definitely helps when it comes to dealing with taller people, which as it happens is most of the wrestling industry. “Seriously, what’s your beef with wrestling holy man number five thousand?”

“Tiberius?” Caleb asked and I nodded in response. “I just find it funny that a so called holy man felt the need to cheat to beat me, especially after he beat Stephan Callaway clean as a whistle.”

“Well, yeah, except my elderly neighbors back in Miami could beat Stephan Callaway.” I pointed out with a scoff before shaking my head. “The only reason he beat that El Dark guy last Sunday was because he jumped him before the opening bell, and I guarantee you that the same thing won’t work against someone who’s competent in the ring.”

“True I guess, but I just can’t help but find it hypocritical.” Caleb responded and I scoffed, with an almost laugh to boot.

“I’m still waiting to find a holy man who isn’t a massive hypocrite and I’m thirty years old!” I pointed out before we reached the gym, after a while we realized that we were running out of time to get our promo done so we did just that setting up the camera on one of the treadmills for support.

“I didn’t think I’d find myself challenging for the Mixed Tag Titles with Caleb again after our last shot against London Underground but here we are, challenging Wolfslair for the Mixed Tag Titles in this week’s Main Event, how this will work is simple, I’ll address Johanna Krieger and Caleb will address Alex before we work together on our sign off, frankly I don’t know if we can dethrone Wolfslair to win the Mixed Tag Titles but we’ll definitely try.”

And I’m first up.

“Johanna, the German with an attitude problem, like I haven’t seen that before, one minute your wrestling a semi-retired Bombshell to a draw twice and the next your one half of the Mixed Tag Team Champions with Alex Jones, quite the rise you’ve had isn’t it? Too bad it’s about to come crashing down when me and Caleb beat you guys for the titles! You may laugh now but lethal lottery teams have won the titles before, including you two, now I’ll hand it over to Caleb for his words on Alex.”

I stepped back and let Caleb step forward.

“Alex is a man both me and Jessie are well acquainted with from our time in Honor Wrestling but that doesn’t mean we’re underestimating him, we both know how good Alex is in the ring and whilst the jokes about him sharing a name with a conspiracy theorist shitbag are easy to make, he himself is no joke in the ring! But like Jessie said stranger things have happened and if all goes to plan, we will be walking out the new Mixed Tag Team Champions! And subsequently arguing on a team name.”

“Let’s worry about winning the titles first.” I suggested as I turned to him before I stepped forward so that we could wrap things up.

“Everyone expects this to be a successful defense for Wolfslair, but anything can happen in that ring as we have demonstrated time and time again on our own, and this Sunday we will demonstrate that again.”

“Alex Jokes is a hell of an athlete but I, “The Metal Storm” Caleb Storms will not back down from him in this fight! He had better brace himself because there’s a metal storm brewing, otherwise he’ll be blown away by “The Metal Storm” Caleb Storms.”

“And failing that, Johanna can try but she won’t keep “The Unsainted Angel” Jessie Salco down for long with her submissions because Ill be too quick for her to hold down for very long! This is your next Mixed Tag Team Champions Jessie Salco……...”

“And Caleb Storms signing off, Wolfslair may be expecting an easy defense but what they should expect is a hell of a fight!”

We went back to working out as the scene fades.