Author Topic: “Better than nothing!”  (Read 474 times)

Offline Jessie Salco

• SCW's Heavy Metal Bombshell
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Jessie Salco
“Better than nothing!”
« on: May 08, 2020, 08:03:58 PM »
 Following her loss to Sam Marlowe at Blaze of Glory three weeks ago Jessie missed two weeks of action despite being in the clear as far as the Corona Virus was concerned, that changed this week as Jessie was competing in the opening match of the evening, a Triple Threat Match that pit her against two stars of the Mixed Tag Team Division in Bella Madison and Char Kwon of the Trenton Tigers and Bella Madison who regularly teamed up with her boyfriend Malachi in that division, can Jessie turn things around from Blaze of Glory?

Jessie’s hotel room, Las Vegas, Nevada
Friday the 8th of May 2020, 11:00am

Hey, remember when everyone made fun of me for doing promos from my hotel room? Food times.

Sarcasm aside I’m glad that I’m actually in action this week, otherwise I might have popped over to SCU’s show instead and I’m in the night’s opening match as well, my opponents? Char Kwon of the Trenton Tigers and Bella Madison of Bella and Malachi, AKA two bombshells who regularly compete un the Mixed Tag Team Division here in SCW, in fact Char Kwon is one half of the Number One Contenders for the titles having earned her shot at Blaze of Glory.

This is my unimpressed face.

To be frank, the only time I’m ever interested in Mixed Tag Team Action is when I’m either A: given a random title shot with a equally random tag team partner or b: I’m competing in the Blast from the Past Tournament which comes around once a year and the end goal is a shot at the top titles in the fed, other than that? I couldn’t give two shits about those titles! Sure, I had great success in the tag team division with Amy as part of the Metal and Punk Connection (both incarnations) but with Amy gone again I’m focusing on me as a singles star.

And anyone who’s familiar with me should know what my end goal is by now.

Does that mean I’m underestimating Bella and Char? Nope, Bella debuted alongside Andrea and they were both undefeated for several weeks until Andrea ended her streak (and I’ll just let the fact that Andrea is the current World Bombshell Champion speak for itself) and Char Kwon has been around for a while always bouncing between different groups but at the same time that doesn’t mean I’m not walking out the winner of this match.

“Day One Million of lockdown, Jessie and Jake think I’m going crazy, but the walls disagree with them.” Shane said into his video camera and I facepalmed, he keeps saying that he’s going to upload all these vlogs to YouTube once we’re finally out of Lockdown but I’m worried that they are going to get him committed to a mental asylum. “Hmm, nah, mu delivery was off there.”

“Give it up Shane, your giving us a headache.” I responded as I shook my head before I resumed watching Jake play Total War Rome !! on his PC. “Seriously I’d rather watch a marathon of Mean Girls promos right now.”

“You do know that we can arrange that, right?” Jake offered sarcastically and I shook my head as he took over another settlement in Dacia. “Two down and just the capital to go, whether or not I keep heading east towards Rome is another question entirely.”

2Why do you like playing as Chrimeans exactly?” Shane asked as he looked up from his latest attempt at a vlog. “I thought you said that they are a pain to play.”

“Because you literally start right next to a hostile Barbarian tribe whose hobbies include trying to take your lands.” Jake nodded as he turned to face Jake. “But the hybrid Greek/Gallic army is surprisingly effective, even if it does take a while to get to the good units.”

“Just saying, it would be a lot easier to play as Rome.” Shane pointed out with a shrug and we shook our heads before resuming what we were doing earlier. “Did either of you check out that new wrestler’s YouTube Channel?”

“I’m guessing you mean Krystal Wolfe and not JackD The Ripper?” I asked and Shane nodded in response. “Did briefly, most of her content is either Mario Maker 2 or Magic the Gathering related, at least she has good production values.”

“We’ll see how long they hold up once she starts uploading videos from after she signed with SCU.” Jake responded with a shrug before the boys once again resumed their previous activities, with nothing else to do I went outside the hotel room, got my camera out and got ready to do my promo.

“If boredom from the Lockdown wasn’t going to kill me then boredom from not being in action would’ve finished the job so my thanks go out to the bosses for finally remembering that I’m on th roster and booking me in this week’s opening match which is a Triple Threat! My opponents? Char Kwon of the Trenton Tigers and Bella Madison of “hey, isn’t that the Bombshell who’s dating/teaming up with Malachi?”, in other words, two Bombshells more well known for their work in the Mixed Tag Division than their work in the Singles Division.”

And I’m starting with Bella.

“And nowhere is this better exemplified than Bella Madison, who can’t seem to win a match to save her life lately, now where have I heard that before? Some Bombshell whose name begins with S? ahh well, doesn’t matter, what does matter is the fact that that unlucky streak won’t end with me or Char Kwon, if anything it’ll only continue after I win this match!”

And speaking of Char Kwon.

“Char Kwon, first you’re in Gamer Inc. and now your in the Trenton Tigers, there’s a joke there about loyalty but I digress because what matters is that I’m going to win this match against two Tag Team Competitors who are trying to make it as singles competitors, all I’m going to say is not on my watch as this week I’m bouncing back from my loss to Sam Marlowe at Blaze of Glory.”

That’s basically it.

“When I saw this match announced my reaction wasn’t “this is going to be a great match” no, my reaction was “meh, better than nothing” which is what I had been getting since Blaze of Glory! Bella and Char might be great tag team wrestlers but in this Triple Threat Match I’ll prove why they can’t cut it as singles competitors when I win!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“Bella can’t win to save her life and Char comes and goes more times than I care to count, that pretty much sums up both of my opponents this week and in this opening match it’ll be the singles star who stands tall after I beat them! This is the “Unsainted Angel” Jessie Salco signing off saying that I learned a long time ago that tag team partners can only get you so far outside of the Blast from the Past Tournament which I’ll prove this Sunday when I beat Bella and Char!”

I went back into my hotel room as the scene fades.