Author Topic: “This’ll be fun!”  (Read 470 times)

Offline Jessie Salco

• SCW's Heavy Metal Bombshell
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Jessie Salco
“This’ll be fun!”
« on: March 20, 2020, 10:11:20 PM »
 After several weeks of inaction Jessie was back on a Climax Control card for the first time since her latest Blast from the Past campaign ended after one match albeit with Travis taking the fall in the match and this week she was taking on Violet Amelia Holt in the opening match of the evening, Violet has been with the company for over a month and has proven herself to be a talented competitor in the ring time and again but can Jessie win?

Jessie’s hotel room, Reading, Berkshire, England
Friday the 20th of March 2020, 11:00am

Boy, the bosses picked a hell of a time to do an international tour!

In case you’ve been living under a rock for the past couple of months, the world has gone to shit thanks to a little thing known as the Corona Virus or Corvid 19, whatever it’s called, in fact no one knows that better than me and the boys, want to know why?

The reason we’ve missed the past two Climax Controls was because we caught the virus and had to enter self-isolation for fourteen days, well, okay it was more the symptoms than full blown corona but still, that period ended on Monday and I’m happy to report that we are all corona free, and thank fuck for that because I would’ve died of boredom otherwise, course the bosses had a backup plan for the opener in case I couldn’t make it but I can make it and I’m going to kick Violet’s ass all over Reading.

That said, I will give the bosses credit where it’s due, they actually kept in constant contact with me and the boys during the self-isolation and made sure that I was okay to return before they booked me against Violet, yes I am actually praising the bosses for once, feel free to check if hell’s frozen over or pigs are flying over Berkshire because fuck it, the world’s been so fucked up this year that I’m half expecting an invasion from the legions of hell to happen between April and May!

And now I can’t decide if Legions of Hell makes for a better tag team name or metal band name.

“From one form of self-isolation to another.” Shane commented as he read the news on the laptop and I looked up, Jake spent most of his self-isolation playing video games for his YouTube channel but since we don’t have one of those we spent it either playing video games to kill time, watching movies or being bored out of our minds, yeah it wasn’t exactly fun. “At least we got over the Corona Virus fairly quickly.” Shane added and I shrugged my shoulders.

“Even if I wasn’t a wrestler by trade, we’re both young and in shape, we would’ve survived the virus just fine.” I responded before fixing the position of the camera, yeah this is what I have to resort to because of this social distancing bullshit, either don’t send in a promo or send one that was filmed on a video camera rather than the professional ones that SCW uses. “Even so, I can’t fucking wait for things to return to normal and I’m still not sure what SCW’s going to do at the end of this tour.”

“I think the bosses are holding out hope that that travel ban will be lifted by then.” Shane responded with a shrug and on that I couldn’t help but agree. “Or if not, Mark will be hoping that the pubs will be open by then.”

“The prime minister, who seems to make Trump look like a member of MENSA from what little I’ve seen of him, did say that the lockdown was in effect for twelve weeks.” I responded as I remembered watching the TV with the boys as we waited for our self-isolation to end. “At least I get to take out two weeks’ worth of frustration on Violet Amelia Holt this week!”

“Normally I’d say take it easy since she’s a new kid on the block and all, but I was with you through that two weeks of self-isolation and if it wasn’t the virus killing you, it was definitely the boredom.” Shane responded sympathetically and I made sure that he knew that I appreciated that with a grin, normally I’d kiss him but you know, worldwide pandemic and all that shit. “At least we managed to keep up to date with the goings on in SCW during the isolation.”

“Yeah, like Christina Rose winning the title again, if that doesn’t cause hell to freeze over then I’m sure me praising the bosses during my promo will.” I joked but in the back of my mind I knew I could take Christina if we ever faced off for the title, don’t believe me? Just look at the Chamber of Extreme Match from last November. “Just my luck that that happens whilst I’m in self-isolation whilst that happens, isn’t it?”

“I think the locals would call that sod’s law or something similar.” Shane responded with a shrug before he continued surfing the internet, after a while I took the camera outside with me and got ready to do my promo.

“Well, after two weeks in self-isolation thanks to Corona Virus like symptoms, I’m back and ready to kick ass! It just so happens that Violet Amelia Holt is the person who I’m going one on one with this Sunday on Climax Control, before I proceed any further, I would like to thank Mark and Christian for not only making sure that I was cleared to compete before booking me this week but staying in constant contact with me during the self-isolation, and now that hell’s doing its own production of Frozen I’m going to shift gears and talk about Amelia.”

This won’t take long.

“When I confirmed with the bosses that I was all cleared to compete this week and they booked me against Amelia my first thought was “this is going to be fun!” but not for the reasons you might expect, Violet do you know how many second generation wrestlers I’ve seen come and go since I started with SCW? More than I care to count, do you want to know how many I’ve seen who actually live up to their wrestling legacy? Not many, in fact I can count on one hand that number of second generation wrestlers who achieved the same level of success as their parents!”

Spoiler alert: Amelia won’t be among the successful ones.

“And from what I’ve seen so far Violet your destined to become another failure, granted I’ve been wrong before, just ask half the Bombshell roster who can’t get over the fact that I tried to win the World Bombshell Championship several times in 2017, but your track record hasn’t been that spectacular has it Violet? Exhibit A: your Fans bring the Weapons Match against Bea Barnhart at the last Supercard, the one that ended in you going through the table you set up, if that’s not a fitting metaphor for your career trajectory then I don’t know what is.”

And back to my original point.

“So, why will this be fun for me? Because spending two weeks in self-isolation in a hotel room in Berkshire, England is boring as all hell and that’s’ not something I’d wish on my worst enemy, well that and the corona virus in general, what that means is that I have two weeks’ worth of frustration to take out on someone and low and behold, your my next opponent Violet and that’s bad news for you because your in for a hell of a beating.”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“Two weeks in self-isolation thanks, quite literally, to the Corona Virus makes me a very unhappy wrestler and once you realize that Violet you’ll wish that you had been put up against anyone else on the roster even if that meant wrestling Fenris in a dress and make-up, good luck getting that mental image out of your head! This is the “Unsainted Angel” Jessie Salco signing off and this week Violet will be in the wrong place at the wrong time!”

I went back into my hotel room as the scene fades.