Author Topic: “Another year, another tournament.”  (Read 407 times)

Offline Jessie Salco

• SCW's Heavy Metal Bombshell
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Jessie Salco
“Another year, another tournament.”
« on: March 05, 2020, 09:02:29 PM »
 It was now time for SCW’s annual Blast from the Past Tournament and last week saw the teams of Brooke Saxton and Teddy Warren, Bill Barnhart and Andrea Hernandez (much to her chagrin), Kate Steele and Javier Gonzales and Austin James Mercer and Candy (after O’Malley got his team disqualified) advance to the next round with this week deciding which four teams would join them.

And one of those matches continued Jessie Salco’s yearly tradition of signing up to the tournament! This year she was teaming up with Travis Nathanial Andrews in a team that she had christened Team EGO and their first round match was against SCU Superstar Mark Cross and Go Gym Graduate/Ben Jordan’s wide Evie Jordan who had been entered into the tournament against her will, can Jessie and Travis go through to the next round?

Ghost Bus Tour of York
Thursday the 5th of March 2020, 11:00am

For a minute there, I thought I was going to die of boredom.

Just to be clear, yes, I have been to England in the past, even outside of SCW’s UK Tour that they did last year, I’m one of two wrestlers on the roster who makes the yearly trip to Bloodstock Open Air remember? But there are several places in the UK that I’ve never been too, and York is one of them and to be honest, me and the boys spent most of the week stumped with what to do for my promo this week until Shane stumbled upon this.

Good thing I managed to convince the bosses to front the bill.

But yeah, onto the important stuff, it’s time for yet another Blast from the Past Tournament and this year my partner is Travis Nathanial Andrews one of several ex SCW Superstars to come out of the woodwork to participate un this year’s tournament, so who are Team EGO’s opponents? SCU Superstar Mark Cross and probably the only Bombshell to ever be forced to enter the tournament (in my experience anyway) Evie Jordan.

Yep, the wife of the guy whose friendship I flushed down the toilet during the #BenDeservesBetter campaign just happens to be my first round opponent, I bet that softens the blow a bit for her but I’m not being knocked out in round one again.
“Okay, just the grave of Dick Turpin left, and we’ll be done on this tour.” Jake commented as he checked the guide and we walked around, the Ghost Tour of York was exactly what it sounded like, a tour of some of York’s most haunted locations and I will admit, this tour has been entertaining and informative at the same time. “I think for next week’s show we’d be better off researching things to do in advance, this was last minute.”

“We tried to do that but couldn’t find anything of interest until I suggested TripAdvisor.” I pointed out as I shook my head and Jake sighed as he realized that I had a point. “Why didn’t we use TripAdvisor right away again? It never set us wrong in the past?”

“I think Jake just wanted to use a different website for once.” Shane shrugged his shoulders as we followed the tour group and listened to the narration. “Caleb and Katie have had success with that BringFido website after all.”

“Yeah but that’s for dog owners to bring their dogs, not quite the same thing.” I responded with a shrug as we continued to follow the group. “I’m still not sure I understand the whole backlash against Caleb bringing his puppy on tour with him, he’s a cute dog and it means that they get to spend a lot more time with him.”

“I think it’s just people accepting J2H’s word as gospel, that guy could say that the sky is hot pink and that it rains chocolate and people would believe him.” Jake shrugged his shoulders and I had to admit, that made me laugh. “Besides, you’ve got your own match to worry about.”

“The first round match in the Blast from the Past Tournament against Mark Cross and Evie Jordan, yeah, I know.” I responded with a nod before shaking my head. “Speaking of things that I don’t understand, why didn’t Evie want to sign up for the tournament exactly?”

“You got me, I mean, you’ve been a persistent competitor since it started despite your mixed results and Evie has been out of action for the past few years.” Shane shrugged his shoulders before we reached the last stop of the tour, whilst it was very informative and all that shit, I had my own stuff to do and it had everything to do with my next SCW Match.

“Send me a text when he’s done, I’ve got a promo to do.” I whispered to the boys who nodded before I intentionally separated myself from the group knowing that it would go for a while longer which gave me ample time to get my promo done.

“Another year, another tournament, you couldn’t keep me away from this tournament if you tried! Is it because it offers something different from the norm? is it my quest to finally win the World Bombshell Championship? I don’t know, maybe it’s both but this week my 2020 campaign to win the tournament begins as I team with Travis Nathanial Andrews to take on Mark Cross and Evie Jordan in our first round match!”

This will be fun.

“Just getting Mark out of the way first due to how SCW does intergender matches and all, Mark you’ll be preoccupied with Travis for this match and I have every faith that he’ll kick your ass from pillar to post! You may have had success in both SCW and SCU but that won’t guarantee you a spot in the next round because you have to get past Travis and I’m hoping that he’ll pull through and show the world why he’s a former champion in his own right.”

And now onto Evie.

“I swear if I didn’t know better, Evie was the CDC and the Blast from the Past Tournament was the Corona Virus! What I mean by that is that Evie wants nothing to do with this tournament but got signed up anyway by her husband, yet another reason why I’m glad that I didn’t marry a fellow wrestler I guess, whatever your reason is Evie you had better bring your A-Game to this tag team match on Sunday because I’m not holding anything back!”

But then again, what’s new?

“I’m not going to try to guess why you wanted nothing to do with this tournament in the first place Evie but like I said, unless your head is in the game I’m going to drive it down to the canvas with my Circle Pit finisher, anything that happens after that? Well you’ll only have yourself to blame for being so apathic to this tournament in the first place but at the end of the day, unless you get your act together Team EGO will be moving on to the next round and beyond!”

It’s that simple.

“This always happens whenever SCW announces their Blast from the Past Tournament, suddenly old legends come out of the woodwork trying to claim one last piece of glory, except you Evie because from what I’ve seen you couldn’t care less about this tournament and that’ll be the downfall of you and Mark, why? Because me and Travis are motivated to win this match and the entire tournament, why wouldn’t I be? I’ve only been trying for the past eight years!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up as I got the text.

“The Blast from the Past Tournament is one of the most exciting times for the SCW roster, unless your name is Evie Jordan! I wouldn’t normally feel sorry for an opponent but when said opponent has a partner as apathic as Evie? Well, all I’m saying is that the writings on the wall for the team of Mark Cross and Evie Jordan! This is the “Unsainted Angel” Jessie Salco signing off and Team EGO will see the other eight teams in the next round!”

I rejoined the group as the scene fades.