Author Topic: “Somebody’s slipping up.”  (Read 435 times)

Offline Jessie Salco

• SCW's Heavy Metal Bombshell
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Jessie Salco
“Somebody’s slipping up.”
« on: January 31, 2020, 08:22:41 PM »
 In recent weeks Jessie has been critical of Sam Marlowe’s losing streak which started when Sam lost the SCW Bombshell Roulette Championship to Candy at the start of the Supercard Cycle and continued when she took the pin in a Fatal Four Way Match to determine the number one contender for the SCW World Bombshell Championship which was ultimately won by Bobbie Dahl, now both women were among the six competitors competing for the reactivated SCW Bombshell Internet Championship at My Bloody Valentine III but before all that, they were teaming up in a tag team match.

Their opponents? Candy and her challenger for the SCW Bombshell Roulette Championship Bella Madison! It was a match between the past and present of SCW’s Bombshell Division and whilst Jessie was hoping to continue her momentum from her win over Twisted Sister in her home city of Miami two weeks ago Sam was looking to break out of her recent slump but can Jessie and Sam pick up the win despite their differences?

Buster’s Bistro, Orlando, Florida
Friday the 31st of January 2020, 18:00pm

You know, I had very different plans at the beginning of the month.

To specify, over the New Year I came up with a plan to get into the Roulette Title Picture and eventually challenge Sam at My Bloody Valentine III for the title, when I saw that Sam and Candy where having a rematch for the title on the first Climax Control of the year I didn’t think much of it, in fact I thought Sam had it in the bag once the second pin fall was made in that Two out of Three Falls Match and planned to attack Sam after the match to make my intentions known.

And then Candy won the Roulette Title.

*flashback*

Whilst Candy’s music played over the PA I headed back to the backstage area with an unreadable expression on my face, several staff members had asked me what I was doing out there but I ignored them until I met up with Jake and Shane just outside the parking lot.

“Surprised I didn’t run into the bosses on the way out.” I commented as I walked up to them and the boys looked up. “Thought they’d stick around for the Main Event?”

“They left just as the match was winding down.” Shane responded as he shook his head. “Important business apparently but I’m sure they’ll catch the end of the match later.” Shane added before frowning. “Speaking off, you were planning on jumping Sam, weren’t you?”

“Am I that predictable?” I asked with a frown and my husband nodded. “Rhetorical question but yeah, that was my plan, attack Sam and stake my claim to the Roulette Title, that plan changed right as the Roulette Title changed hands.”

“So, what stopped you from attacking Candy?” Jake asked and I shook my head with a shrug off my shoulders.

“Don’t know to be honest, disappointment that Sam lost the title so soon? Wanting to let a new Bombshell have her moment?” I asked rhetorically before sighing. “I need to clear my head either way, good thing we’re heading to the hotel before we leave for the next stop I guess.”

“True enough, let’s go.” Shane nodded before holding the back door open for me and I hipped in the car, but not even that night’s rest could clear my mind.

*end flashback*

That night was fairly restless, was it the fact that I was still reeling from my loss to Andrea? I’m not sure, but it was a good while before I fell asleep once me and Shane were in our hotel room, since I was off the card the following week it just flew by and before we knew it, I got the news I was waiting for, SCW was coming to my home city of Miami the following week and I was in action, only issue though? I wasn’t competing for a title like I had hoped, instead I was in a pointless hardcore match against Twisted Sister whilst Keira Fisher stunk up the Main Event.

But that wasn’t the only thing that happened in that week’s main event.

*flashback*

At the time I was in the trainers room getting treated for the wounds I had suffered during the Hardcore Match, I wasn’t kidding on Twitter when I said that I wasn’t sure how many stitches I was getting or that my back hurt like hell from the Spinebuster onto the chair but that wasn’t stopping me from watching that week’s Main Event between Bobbie Dahl, Keira, Andrea Hernandez and Sam which, as correctly pointed by Jason, was basically a handicap match between Keira, Sam and Andrea and Bobbie.

“Ouch, Andrea’s going to feel that one in the morning.” I winced as I watched Andrea get Powerbombed onto the Ring Apron by Bobbie before Ms. McDonalds 2020 turned her attention to the remaining Bombshells in the ring, Sam had just been hit by the Seven Sins  setting Keira up for the win until Bobbie ran over her apparently injuring her neck in the process, one Bobbie Bomb to Sam later and I shook my head as Sam was pinned with Bobbie’s foot on her chest.

“Jessie can you keep still?” The trainer asked breaking my train of thought. “I know you want to get back to your family, but we still have plenty of stitches to go.”

“Right, sorry, I got caught up in the moment there.” I responded as I motioned to the TV with my arm and the trainer looked up to see what I was talking about, once he got the idea he nodded in understanding before getting back to work, but I paid him no mind as things were starting to make sense.

*end flashback*

To make a long story short, Sam’s becoming sloppy and I seem to be the only one who realizes it, one loss in the Main Event is bad enough but two back to back losses in Main Event Matches where a title was involved somehow? There’s bad luck and then there’s this.

As for what I mean by this, that’ll have to wait a little longer, all I can really hope for is that Sam gets her mojo back in time for our tag team match against Bella and Candy this Sunday night on Climax Control but I won’t hold my breath.

“Earth to Jessie, are you in there?” Jake asked and I blinked before realizing that I had been daydreaming since we had finished our main courses, chicken for me, duck for Shane and pork belly curry for Jake and as the waitress took our plates away, I shook my head. “Daydreaming about Sam again?”

“Like I need to answer that.” I responded with an annoyed huff. “All I’m going to say is that if I was in that Fatal Four Way Match instead of Sam Bobbie wouldn’t be challenging Roxi at My Bloody Valentine III but that’s a story for another day.” I added before taking a sip from my drink. “Aside from that, I have that tag team match with Sam against Bella and Candy on Sunday to worry about.”

“Classic case of two rivals being put in a tag team match together and the question of whether or not they can cooperate being asked.” Shane chuckled as Jake asked for the bill. “Though if I didn’t know any better, I’d say that you were Sam’s bitter ex.”

“Funny.” I responded with a sarcastic scoff. “Don’t get me wrong, Sam’s hot as hell but I’m pretty sure she’s only interested in men besides that, I don’t have any interest in breaking up with you even if she is bi like I am.”

“That’s good to know at least.” Shane nodded in acknowledgement as we finished our drinks and the waitress came back with the bill. “We’re splitting it right?” Shane asked to double check and Shane nodded before putting it in the middle of the table so we could see it better, we paid for our meal and headed out of the restaurant ready to get back to the hotel, well, first I had some business to attend to and the boys knew it so they went on ahead as I got ready to start my promo.

“There’s an old saying, never meet your heroes, well, I think it’s a stretch to call Sam a hero off mine but if any of her fans are looking forward to meeting her when SCW comes to her hometown on this tour then they are going to be disappointed if her recent performances are anything to go by, but that’s a story for the PPV as this week me and Sam are teaming up to take on Bella Madison and Candy in tag team competition.”

Can we cooperate? You’re asking the wrong team.

“Before you ask if I can cooperate with Sam and vice versa you should ask yourself, are you asking the wrong team? Because if you ask me, any question of cooperation should be directed towards our opponents, sure we are all in title matches at My Bloody Valentine III but me and Sam are just two women among six who will be competing for the vacant Bombshell Internet Championships, Candy and Bella? They are fighting one on one for Candy’s Roulette Championship and as sweet as Candy is, it’s a safe bet that tensions between them will boil over.”

It’s that simple.

“I won’t address you guys individually like I usually do due to me not being familiar enough with either of you but aside from the teamwork aspect there’s one other advantage that me and Sam have over you guys, experience, I’ve been with SCW since July of 2012, Sam joined in July of 2015 and the two of you are still in your rookie years as far as SCW’s concerned, in short, we’ve been around the block a few times, me more so, whilst you two are still finding your feet, Candy might have just won her first title but come back to me when you have more reigns under your belt and then we’ll talk.”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“Someone’s been slipping up as of late in SCW and for once, it’s not me, it’s Sam, but for our team’s sake I hope that she can bounce back in time for our tag team match this Sunday on Climax Control against Bella Madison and the Bombshell Roulette Champion Candy because I have momentum to build up and Sam knows that she has to bounce back from the losing streak sooner or later, as for Bella and Candy? Good luck cooperating with that title in the back of your minds! This is the Unsainted Angel Jessie Salco signing off, Sam? Get your act together already, Bella and Candy? Good luck, you’ll need it!”

I ran off to catch up with the boys as the scene fades.