Author Topic: “Hometown Hero.”  (Read 382 times)

Offline Jessie Salco

• SCW's Heavy Metal Bombshell
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Jessie Salco
“Hometown Hero.”
« on: January 17, 2020, 09:57:28 PM »
 2020 wasn’t off to the best of starts for Jessie as she lost the match to Andrea Hernandez but now SCW was in her home city of Miami, Florida and whilst she had hoped that her return to Miami would feature a shot against Roxi it wasn’t to be, Roxi wasn’t even competing on the show but Jessie, being the hometown girl, was in action as she was taking on one half of the Metal Maniacs in Twisted Sister in a Hardcore Rules Match, can Jessie pick up the win in her hometown?

Homecoming party, Miami, Florida
Friday the 17th of January 2020, 11:00am

And here I thought that the Blast from the Past wasn’t for a couple of months.

Last time I was in Miami during a Supercard was for my dad’s funeral back in 2017 which also happened to be right before that year’s Summer XXXTreme where I was challenging for the World Bombshell Championship for the first time and I have been down there for Christmas don’t get me wrong but SCW doesn’t hold events around that time for obvious reasons, I kept waiting for SCW to do a show in my home city and it was last year that I gave up hope on that ever being a reality.

Turns out I just needed to wait another year for that to happen.

Granted, this isn’t perfect, I had hoped that the homecoming show would be the show where I finally won the World Bombshell Championship but Roxi isn’t even scheduled to compete at this week’s show, her wife is one of four women fighting for a chance to challenge Roxi at the next PPV and I’m not one of them, do you want to know what I’m doing instead?

Fighting Twisted Sister in a Hardcore Match, getting flashbacks to 2017 already.

In case you need a refresher, I fought Twisted Sister once before right after she debuted against some long forgotten Bombshell who she tried to set on fire, and on a PPV no less, I won that match and whilst that was several years ago, I know I can beat this psycho.

And as long as I can keep her hands far away from any chainsaws, gasoline cans and matches I won’t complain!

“And here we were thinking that SCW would never come to Miami.” Craig, my older brother who had tried to be a professional wrestler but got his career cut short by a nasty knee injury in 2018, commented as I walked up to him, we were at Katie’s (my older sister, not Caleb’s wife) house as that was the largest house the family owned for the homecoming party and needless to say, my adoptive family is coming out in full force for the show. “Could’ve sworn you had given up hope.”

“I did, didn’t realize that I just had to wait another year.” I responded with a shrug as I glanced around, aside from my dead dad (for obvious reasons) there were a few who couldn’t make it to the party due to previous commitments, but they did plan to attend the show on Sunday. “And I have Twisted Sister as well, it would be easier if it was a normal rules match, but I know I can take her.”

“And we’ll be there to cheer you on.” Katie (my sister) chimed in and I glanced up at her, she’s probably the one most people will remember since she was the one who accompanied me to my first few SCW shows until Jake entered the picture, and then that Misty/Roxanne bloodbath happened and she couldn’t return home to Miami fast enough. “Are you going to be okay going up against Sister in that Hardcore Match.”

“Hey, I put up with enough crap from my own sister, right?” I joked getting a laugh out of both Craig and Kate. “Seriously, this isn’t my first Hardcore Match and it isn’t my first time facing Twisted Sister, I’ll be fine as along as she doesn’t get the chainsaw out.”

“I’ll take “worrying things to hear about a wrestling match out of context” for five hundred Alex.” Jake chimed in as he walked up to us, once I got the awkward laugh out of the way I used the conversation between Jake and Kate as an excuse to get away from them as them being that close to me brings me not so happy flashbacks to the first few weeks of my SCW career back in 2012, I would provide a flashback but no thanks, there are certain things that I don’t want to revisit from that time period.

After some mingling with family members that I hadn’t seen since dad’s funeral I made me way outside the home, it was a cloudy day in Miami (though the weather broadcast predicted better weather for tomorrow) but I still needed some fresh air, and apparently I wasn’t alone. “Getting a bit too much for you as well?” Shane asked once he saw me exit the house and I nodded in response. “We both knew that I homecoming party was inevitable when Mark announced the Homecoming tour at December to Dismember.”

“I know but I’m nit used to being around that many people.” I shrugged as I walked up to my husband. “Hell, I’m pretty sure there aren’t as many people working the average episode of Climax Control than there are people in that house.”

“Just wait until they get the ring set up.” Shane joked getting a laugh out of me, we talked for a while longer before he headed back inside but I elected to stay outside so I could get my promo done.

“I remember back when I first joined SCW and being excited at the prospect of eventually wrestling in my home city as part of a major promotion, had no idea that they would take eight years, including a several month long hiatus, before they finally came to Miami but here we are and this Sunday in front of my home city I’m taking on Twisted Sister in a Hardcore Rules Match, not quite the match I was hoping for but an easy win is an easy win.”

Especially against a psycho.

“I know this is usually Mercedes’s job but here’s a history lesson kids, back in 2015 a female wrestler by the name of Twisted Sister debuted and automatically won the ugliest bombshell in SCW history award, that aside she debuted by beating some no name Bombshell and tried to set her on fire, for some reason I decided to stand up for Jane Doe and challenged Twisted Sister to a match that happened at the next PPV and you know what happened next? That’s right, I beat her.”

And time will not change the outcome.

“Now before the smartass in the class points out the obvious, yes, that was five years ago and a lot has changed in those five years, well for most people anyway because Twisted Sister is still the same old raving lunatic she was when she debuted, only real difference is that she’s found an even uglier tag team partner in the Iron Maiden and now have an entourage of maniacs to add to her own insanity, I would question why the bosses have them on the payroll but then I remember Christian using them against Seleana after she broke his nose.”

And to think, he didn’t like the nose guard I brought him.

“But that’s enough history lessons for the day kids, your homework assignment is how I’m going to beat Twisted Sister in my home city! Twisted, you haven’t changed a bit since your debut, me? I’ve changed a lot since my early days and that is what will do you in, you’ve stagnated, I haven’t, and this Sunday will prove just that when I win this match!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“I’m almost tempted to ask the bosses to add the iron Maiden to the match just to make things interesting but either way, this match is over before it even started and Twisted Sister is just here to eat yet another loss at the hands of an infinitely more talented Bombshell, this is the Hometown Hero, otherwise known as the Unsainted Angel Jessie Salco signing off, this Sunday I’ll be wrestling in my home city for the first time since my wrestling debut back when I was eighteen and this time, I’m walking out the winner after I destroy Twisted Sister!”

I went back in the house as the scene fades.