Author Topic: Bulldogging to victory  (Read 4484 times)

Offline Rodrigo Afonso

• View Profile
Bulldogging to victory
« on: September 29, 2023, 11:56:29 PM »
Cambridge, Massachusetts. Wednesday 27th September.

Rodrigo took a tough loss against Peter Vaughn last week for the Roulette title, but despite that, a lot of people, even his skateboarding buddies were praising Rodrigo for his performance against Peter, despite Rodrigo never taken part in any sort of hardcore wrestling match. However, he flew back to Switzerland last week to meet with a girl he slept with for the first night without really getting to know her. However, the first girl he had sexual contact with, even while drunk was the first person Rodrigo fell in love with.

He had never been in a relationship or had any sexual contact in his life until that night and the feelings developed really quickly. They spent time together in Switzerland before flying back to America to a place where Rodrigo lives in America, Cambridge, Massachusetts. It's one of the few places in America that didn't have any sort of weather disasters or wildfires taking place, as much as he fears fire because of how close he was to death and nobody apart from his family had ever seen Rodrigo's burned face.

Because he covered it with face paint all the time and it became a trademark that every little kid wanted to be Rodrigo both in skateboarding and slowly, the wrestling world as well. He wanted to do some skating for a while because he was also training to be in Rome, Italy next week to qualify for the Olympics again, but in vert competition.

Sometimes, Rodrigo like today didn't skate just in skate parks, he also skated in the public streets too to practice things he needed to work on with grinds down the stairs, kickflips over objects and even some manual stuff as well. He had spent all day skating around the streets of Cambridge, Massachusetts and it was almost six at night. His phone buzzed as he kicks up his skateboard and saw it was a text from his swizz girl, telling him to come home and spend time with her. He nodded before replying, I'll be there ASAP.

After the text he did, he places it back in his pocket and walked back to his home. It was the first time anyone apart from his family and his two closest skateboarding friends had been at Rodrigo's American home. He walked in and the swizz girl who had blonde hair with a red dress which was her favourite colour and was the same age it turns out as Rodrigo. He and the swizz girl hugged and  she cooked him a meal.

Rodrigo Afonso: “Oh you know what I like, Ella.”

Ella (Rodrigo's potential girlfriend): “Only the best for my friend.”

Rodrigo Afonso: “Well, I want to talk about that actually.”

Ella: “Something wrong?”

Rodrigo Afonso: “Not at all.”

Rodrigo smiled at Ella as she knows what Rodrigo does, even before they had sexual contact together that night in Switzerland, although she knew that Rodrigo was going to be very busy when it came to qualifying for the Olympics coming up, but she also knew about Rodrigo being a wrestler too. So that wasn't it, but what she doesn't know is Rodrigo's life outside of the world of wrestling and skateboarding. Ella looks confused as she saw how much Rodrigo was enjoying his chicken salad pasta as she scratched her head.

Ella: “What is it?”

Rodrigo Afonso: “I've really enjoyed spending time with you the last few days, giving me some company, but you know that night we first met?”

Ella: “Yes?”

Rodrigo Afonso: “That was the first time I done anything like that with anyone in my life.”

Ella: “Wow, the way you acted towards me, even if you were drunk, it felt like you had experience with that.”

Rodrigo while he heard Ella, he was pretty hungry while having a smile on his face, sighing in relief that Ella's experience with Rodrigo was a huge boost of confidence. Although he had been disappointed with the loss with Peter Vaughn, at the same time, it was experience for Rodrigo he was gaining in wrestling.

Rodrigo Afonso: “Anyway, when I got back to the locker room, I had a feeling I never felt in my life, feeling I didn't feel I would have, feelings for you. All I kept thinking about after the match was you.”

Ella: “Ah, so that's why you came back to Switzerland to see me?”

Rodrigo Afonso: “Yes and during that time away from you since after the match, I didn't want to go back to Portugal or England, I didn't even want to come back here, I wanted to see you. So I swapped tickets to go to Switzerland and see you.”

Ella: “It was a surprise you telling me to meet you outside the bar we first met. Didn't know it was on the day you arrived to Switzerland.”

Rodrigo nodded as he finished eating his chicken salad pasta and he watches Ella for a while, sparkling in her eyes that Rodrigo saw and he was a little nervous at first because he had never been in the situation he was and Ella was still wondering what Rodrigo had planned. As soon as Ella finished eating, he held her hand and stroked it.

Rodrigo Afonso: “I also been enjoying spending time with you so much that I need to ask you a question.”

Ella: “What's that?”

Rodrigo Afonso: “Will you be my girlfriend?”

That was a tough thing for Rodrigo to say because part of him wanted to have a life and move on from being single that he's been in his entire life and wanted to grow up to be a man a lot more, but Ella lets go of Rodrigo's hand and disappeared, which Rodrigo was sighing, saying this as he did the washing up of the plates and cutlery.

Rodrigo Afonso: “Of course, it's too soon, right?”

Ella closed the door from somewhere in Rodrigo's apartment and Rodrigo with disappointment on his face after he put the plates, cutlery and all the cooking equipment out to dry on a drier, he sat down on the sofa and looked at the floor. Until Ella pulls Rodrigo's head up.

Ella: “Yes.”

Rodrigo then had a smile on his face as she sat on him and they passionately kissed for a while, celebrating the fact they were now together as love partners. Ella got off from Rodrigo and she asked him a question.

Ella: “Does that mean I get to see your other half of your face?”

Rodrigo Afonso: “Well, I got no choice, have I?”

Ella: “I guess not. You thought I said no, didn't you? I needed to use the bathroom.”

Rodrigo Afonso: “Oh right, makes sense. You're such a caring, likeable lady. I'm glad to have things come into place and feel happy to be with someone.”

Ella giggled, pretty much agreeing with Rodrigo in a sense that now, Rodrigo was going to have a supporter that was not only for his skateboarding career, but for his wrestling career as well. Ella had wondered because his house was so big, bigger than she had in Switzerland to ask a question about it.

Ella: “How did you afford this house at your age?”

Rodrigo Afonso: “I started skateboarding professionally at twelve years old and won my first gold medal a year later at X-Games and almost four years ago, won my first Olympic gold medal and I'm going to try and retain it next year.”

Ella: “Wow, so you only brought this house a few months ago then?”

Rodrigo Afonso: “Yes, that's why my wrestling career was delayed cos I was focused on getting this house done up, along with getting my moves sorted out as well. So anyway, what do you do with your life?”

Ella was interested in Rodrigo's life that she didn't talk about herself at all, but knew that now, she had to because they were together and now were going to open up to each other's lives. Rodrigo couldn't stop staring into Ella's eyes, waiting for Ella to answer his question.

Ella: “I'm a sports star myself, I'm a ski jumper and I was the first woman in history to win the individual woman's ski jumping event.”

Rodrigo Afonso: “Wow, I've always wanted to try snowboarding to be fair. Maybe we can do that together when I'm back in Switzerland next. That's so cool we got something in common.”

Ella: “That's why I wanted to be with you because of that factor we got in common. Although, I never watched wrestling, nor understand the sport, seeing it's not as big in Switzerland, well apart from that German guy in wrestling around.”

Rodrigo Afonso: “Yeah, I know the guy you're on about. But not in the same company as me.”

Ella kissed Rodrigo again as they had their hands all over each other that time and let go of the kiss and Ella giggles again, proud to have Rodrigo as her boyfriend.

Ella: “Who's your next wrestling opponent?”

Rodrigo Afonso: “Bill Barnhart, the so called bulldog. He's been around SCW since near enough the beginning to be fair. He's far more on my level to be honest than Peter was.”

Ella: “Well, you didn't do too badly if at all against Peter. Sure you lost, but you came the closest of beating him and that's saying something when you've only had two matches before that match.”

Rodrigo Afonso: “Yeah, Lee told me what I could improve on with a bit more detail that I needed more hardcore wrestling experience and wrestling experience as a whole. But he told me I'm getting so much better already. Experience will always be a factor for me against all of these guys, but that's what makes me interesting to the rest, especially I would have to debut and start my wrestling career in an Indy company anyway.”

Ella smiles at Rodrigo, liking everything he said. He had respect for Eddie Lyons and now with Peter too, although some words did kind of sting from Peter, but he had to get used to that.

Ella: “I noticed you like punk rock music. That is totally my thing as well. While your wrestling career sounds interesting, I rather just go out, play arcade games together around here and then well, you know what.”

Rodrigo Afonso: “That sounds better than talking. Let's go.”

This would be their first date together as a couple, although they had done a lot of talking together and Rodrigo as he left the house asked Ella a question, while walking to a local arcades place known as Verses.

Rodrigo Afonso: “Would you like to watch me wrestle against Bill Barnhart in Sin City Wrestling in San Francisco, California this Sunday?”

Ella: “Oh yes sexy Rodrigo, I would. Now, lets go and play games against each other.”

Rodrigo nodded as they went inside of Verses and challenged each other to video games with driving and shooting games for three hours until closing time and went back to Rodrigo's place, watched a horror movie called scream and then went upstairs for private time together before they fell asleep with Ella wrapping her arms around Rodrigo.

------------------------------------

Rodrigo's shoot about beating a bulldog.

“I appreciate the opportunity that Sin City Wrestling gave me in only my third match here to go against Peter Vaughn. Mostly because as the title said last week, I didn't expect to have one. I got a lot of wrestling growth to do and I respect the hell out of Peter for giving me everything last week and beat me fair and square, especially after the actions he done with Eddie Lyons which I wasn't too happy with. But I gave everything I had and because of my lack of experience in both wrestling and hardcore matches, it cost me and I'm using it as growth to get better in wrestling.

Something I feel Bill doesn't seem to want to do. OK so I may have to be a little more brutal here because sometimes in life, you got to be brutally honest. I got to ask you a question Bill and I'm sure it's on everyone's mind. What do you actually want to achieve in Sin City Wrestling? What is your motivation to still want to compete? Because last I checked, you talk such utter nonsense about stuff unrelated to your opponents. I get it, you're a veteran and won the Roulette and the mixed tag titles, but is that all you've done since you've been around? I had my first ever title match in my third ever wrestling match in my entire life and I almost won. I'm not the one to talk about losses because I've had two losses in my time here as well, but the big difference between you and me is you're not a rookie, you should not be on the same level as me, should be above me, but you aren't.

You're stagnant to put it into words dude. While me on the other hand, I'm taking these losses and using them to better myself as a wrestler. Every match I compete in, it's growth to expend to my wrestling career. I want to respect you, but I can't. I heard you talk about not wanting to do risks because you don't want to get hurt. Then why are you a professional wrestler? If you want to do a sport that doesn't get you hurt, do golf, snooker, darts or bowls for a living. The fact you won't take risks because of that fear only shows you don't want to learn anything about your life, don't want to share your experiences.

Being in your comfort zone seems dull to me. I started taking risks at twelve years old with my skateboarding career and I got gold medals to prove that taking risks are worth it. Especially when it gathers you fans being behind you. I broken a lot of body parts even before I became a wrestler and I would jump out of the plane on a snowboard because I'd do that. I do anything to entertain the fans in both sports.

You were talking about taking part in contests. See, that's risk taking stuff there, but why are you feeding your dog pizza and lasagna? That stuff could kill dogs, should stick to having Isis eat dog food. There's nothing about you that speaks dedication to the sport, nor the fact you want to win titles again. I do and if I got the shot for the Roulette title again, I'd take it with both hands again and make sure I get the win next time around.

Talking about the size differences is so generic and outdated, honestly. That's the first thing you'll compare me to and trust me, I've heard it all before. But at the same time, you should know what I did with Troll who was bigger and stronger than me, right? I got a skill I use that you big wrestler's struggle with, submissions. I find every way submissions style to win the match as well as my high flying skills. Everything I have in my Arsenal, is your weakness Bill. So maybe you know, watch that match with Troll and see how I did.

I do want to address the point of what Afonso means. It's not related to that dancing dude at all. Afonso name means noble and ready. Which is exactly the attitude I always have when it comes to either one of the sports. The point is everything I've done is making a name for myself and if I was slacking off as you have, I'd leave the sports I take part in.

I even made Peter Vaughn being in the main event last week because I praised highly on his achievements and that's something you don't do enough of, nor do research on your opponents you face besides the size and weight advantage. How do you think I know you've lost to Goth and Jack, because I made stuff up? I researched it all.

I actually hate this shoot I'm doing because it's not me to be brutally honest like this, but I can't deny the truth about your lack of commitment of being a professional wrestler. You can compare dogs and sizes, I will just shut your mouth by doing everything I can with my submission holds to get you down and show you that bigger isn't always better. That underdogs and underrated wrestlers like me can win matches.

That's what I want to do and I'll prove it to you in the ring. I may not be much of a talker or much of a guy who does backstage stuff and talk on there, but I will wrestle and end the match for something everyone remembers. A loss unlike many wrestlers doesn't affect me, it only helps me grow and facing you will help me grow to being a threat someday around here. I will lock you in a submission hold and keep it there until you pass out or you tap out because that's always going to be my goal of beating bigger and stronger men like you.

You'll overlook me and I'll be alright with it because I expect people do and it will cost you more than you think. I'm a serious wrestler who respects Eddie Lyons for being my first opponent who'd give me a hard time and respect Peter Vaughn for proving what a great champion he is. You I kind of respect, but nothing like Eddie Lyons and Peter. I will defeat you in the ring and you can't do anything about it and if I lose to you, I will use that loss to grow into a bigger wrestler than you'll be in terms of stardom levels. See you in the ring Bill because I don't think the match will go the way you think it will.”