Author Topic: Acknowledge the Queen  (Read 854 times)

Offline HBCarter

• The Hardcore Bottom
    • View Profile
    • Sin City Wrestling
Acknowledge the Queen
« on: February 10, 2023, 08:25:12 PM »
January 31 -
Las Vegas

The entire world had found out about what happened between Miles Kasey and Carter McKinney quite by accident thanks to ‘loose lips’ on a live edition of Climax Control, and even their respective family who might not watch their loved ones put their bodies on the line like modern day gladiators would have found out eventually thanks to neighborhood gossip. The thing was, Carter did not want his own family finding out through second hand gossip. Knowing his Mom and Grams, that would hurt them worse than any bad news - and this was most definitely not anything of the sort. When Miles was fighting to protect him over the turbulent time of discord with Lazarus, Grams and Mom both simply adored him. When Miles accepted their invitation to spend Christmas with the family, that simply elevated their affections toward the man Carter had grown increasingly fond of.

They deserved to hear from him and him alone. It was why he had messaged the two of them ahead of time to ask if they would be available at the earliest possibility because he needed to talk to them about something. Joanna, his Mom, went into immediate protective mode out of concern for her only child and tried to get him to divulge what was wrong, then and there, thinking perhaps that he had gotten injured somehow in that barbaric sport that he calls his profession. He had to assure her time and again that this was not the case before she finally yielded and agreed to set up a video chat for him with Grams and herself.

And that time was now. Miles was out at the gym, keeping that fabulous toned body fit. Carter wanted to go with because he loved watching Miles do the squats but such was life; he could not always get what he wanted it seemed. Plus, this was more important than staring lustfully at Miles’s ass. Well, almost.

“So what is it dear?” Joanna asked from her end of the video call, prompting Carter to gaze about and ask, "Where’s Grams?”

Joanna answered, “She’ll be joining us in a moment. She’s making herself a cup of tea. That gift set Ariana and Francisco gave her is being put to very good use.” Apparently so, as Carter’s two friends knew that Joan aka Grams loved tea so for Christmas they had gifted her with a gourmet gift set of different blends from across the globe. And soon enough, the beloved matriarch of the family arrived on the screen, blowing into the cup she held between both hands.

“Hello dear!” Grams smiled brightly, as she always did when she was greeting her grandson. Once she took her offered seat beside her daughter, Joanna then turned to face Carter and she asked, “Now what’s so important? You sounded worried before.”

Carter shook his head and answered, “No, not worried. It’s just … something happened and I wanted to tell you personally before you found out from someone else.”

“Sounds important?” Grams spoke up, more of a statement than a question, to which Carter nodded in agreement.

“It is.” He said. “Everything I was feeling for Miles was… well, it was actually hurting to a point at the time. You knew how I felt in the airport and I thought maybe it’d be better if I just left his condo and stayed with Ari and Francisco instead.”

“And did you?” Joanna asked, to which Carter shook his head in the negative and answered, “No. Miles caught me trying to sneak out and we had a long talk.”

“And…?”

“And we…” Carter drew in a deep breath and for the first time in what seemed like forever, Carter smiled. A smile that felt as genuine on the outside as it did on the inside. He looked to both women on the laptop screen and he said, “He told me he feels the same way.”

This bit of news caused both ladies to sit up a little straighter and his mom curled her fingers over her lips, the smile for her son’s happiness threatening to overwhelm her emotions as she asked gently, “You mean… you and Miles…?”

To which Carter nodded and Grams sipped at her tea and simply observed, “It’s about time!”

“Mother!”

February 3rd -
Las Vegas

It felt like, well, like an eternity since he had returned to Miles’s condo at the Turnberry Towers, in the very same building that the brothers Baltasarsson called their home here in the famed “City of Sin”, just two floors down from Fenris and Aron. Carter had offered Miles his personal time alone with his visiting Mom and sister, having even offered to find a hotel for the duration of their visit, privately hoping that he would not only agree but actively encourage the idea but alas - it was not to be. Miles did not want him to be wasting money on a hotel without need, and he simply wanted Carter to be there. This was, after all, a very big step for Miles as a son and brother, coming clean to his blood as a pansexual man, and also one who had recently become involved with Carter himself.

Simply put, Miles wanted him there and Carter knew that if this was going to succeed between them, he had to set aside his own personal insecurities and be there for this wonderful, wonderful man. The one instance that Miles did yield to Carter was the thought that Miles alone should pick them up from the airport so that he could have some time with them to discuss everything before bringing Carter himself into the equation. At the time, Miles had not been altogether certain how any of his family would take the news of not only his sexuality, but he was tired of hiding who he was - and that trait Carter could understand and support. So as Miles prepared to head for McCarran International Airport, Carter himself opted to do a little damage at the nearest Mall close to the Vegas Strip, the Wynn Plaza. As Miles had left for the airport, he made Carter promise that he would return in time so they could take his Mom and sister out to dinner on their first night in Las Vegas. A promise Carter agreed to and sealed with a kiss.

Yet now Carter stood outside of the door to the condo, listening to the vices within. He had arrived back at the Towers near twenty minutes ago, wondering if he would be too early or too late. Airline arrival times were notoriously unreliable, even at worldwide renowned ones such as the Vegas airport. But pulling his little yellow beetle into the parking garage, he saw Miles’s own vehicle in its reserved spot and the butterflies ignited even further inside of his stomach, making him feel almost ludicrous. By his mother’s definition, Carter was a ‘social butterfly,’ a people person. But meeting a man’s family was something else altogether different. It was serious, and it was a situation that Carter had never found himself in before. Lazarus was his first SERIOUS boyfriend, and the topic of his ex’s family was never broached. For good reasons, obviously. But when it came to meeting Carter’s mom and Grams? Miles did not so much as hesitate, even when the circumstances were different. He dove right in and never once looked back. Well…

Carter scooped his bags up and extended a hand for the condo door. If Miles could be so brave for his sake, how could Carter not do the very same?

Once inside, he heard a pause in the conversation between the occupants inside, obviously having heard someone enter.  His arms full of shopping bags from such boutiques as Hermes, Breitling and Nutridrip, he used his arm to carefully shut the door as quietly as possible, suddenly feeling very self conscious. Once having done so, Carter carefully swept past the main foyer and into the hall where he could make his grand escape - er, I mean, set aside his shopping bags before joining Miles and his family, when –

“I thought you were just going window shopping?”

The voice right behind him caused Carter quite the start as he jumped out of his skin, calling out, “Jesus!” Carter spun around to face a very bemused looking Miles whose eyes were roaming over the bags in his hand with an inquisitive look. “Miles, you have got to STOP doing that!”

Ever the curious sort, Miles took a step closer and that act alone made Carter feel flushed but Miles’s attention was on the contents of the bags he had been carrying, using a finger to poke around and…

“If you’re trying to snoop to see if I bought you anything,” Carter quipped. “You’re going to have to wait until later.”

“Window shopping, hm?” Miles teased, stepping back and Carter looked down and realized that perhaps he had bought more than he intended - or realized. He shrugged his shoulders and looked back up into the teasing eyes of his man and simply retorted, “So I was weak and bought the windows.”

Miles just chuckled to himself, knowing Carter well enough that he did enjoy going shopping but the shops at the Wynn Plaza were high end and even one of those bags had to have cost a bundle. As if he could read his mind, Carter sighed, “I know, I’m supposed to be saving to get my own place but… “

Miles held a hand up, waving off any further thoughts about his spending habits. He said, “hey, so long as there’s a little something in there for me, I won’t judge.” He winked and then asked, “So, are you planning to put those down and come join us? Mom and Bri want to meet you.”

Carter shifted his gaze down the hall and toward where the aforementioned women would be waiting, most likely in the living room or at the bar island. He swallowed hard, and felt like a deer in the headlights of an oncoming car before he looked back to Mlles and he started to say, “Maybe-maybe this isn’t the best time? You haven’t seen your family in awhi-Miles! What are you…!?” Carter yelped in surprise as Miles simply stepped forward and dumped Carter over his shoulder, shopping bags and all, and did an about-face to bring him back up the hall to the living room where his Mom and sister watched with amused and interested expressions.

“Well, he has a cute butt.” Brianna said. “I’ll give him that.”

“Brianna!” Mora chastised her daughter with good humor as Miles arrived, front and center with his favored “baggage”. Miles said, “Mom? Bri? This is Carter.” Miles then turned around so the dangling form of Carter could look up from his awkward position and wave as best he could with his arms full.

“Hello?” Carter smiled, despite the awkward circumstances, before Miles turned back around so that he could face his family. Carter then asked, “Are you going to put me down now?”

Miles then glanced back over his shoulder and asked in turn, “Are you going to make a run for it? Because I’ll sit on you if you do!” After a moment’s pause, Miles frowned and looked back over his shoulder and asked, “You’re thinking it over, aren’t you???”

A classroom setting…

The young grappler known now to the SCW Universe as Helluva Bottom Carter, stood at the forefront of the classroom setting, a chalkboard behind him with random mathematical equations etched on in colorful chalk and the desk behind him and just to his right side, neat and tidy with a stack of papers and an apple for the teacher front and center. And Carter himself? Carter was dressed most uncharacteristically in a tweed suit with checker pattern and patches on the elbows, his hair slicked back and thick rimmed glasses worn over his eyes. 

“Class, tonight’s lecture is one that we’ve all been looking forward to. It is about False Prophets, and the art of near truths. I’m sure we’ve all experienced now and then someone enters our lives who has mastered the art of half-truths. You know the sort; the type of person who will tell stories of their own personal experiences, whether to play the role of hero or victim, but leave out crucial details in order to ensure those they are speaking to see them as either the hero or a somewhat sympathetic figure. These half-truths leave out details that might seem small and insignificant, but in truth are quite vital to the overall story and serve as the main catalyst in how we see the subject. A visual aid…”

Carter walked around the desk to arrive at the chalkboard where he picked up a pointer stick and then reached up and drew down the screen to show a blown up picture of none other than the reigning Internet Champion, Alexander Raven. Pointer in hand, Carter directed everyone’s attention to the championship figure with the gold and jewel encrusted belt worn around his waist.

“Class, this here is a prime example of a master of half-truths. Alexander Raven, a championship caliber wrestler but an artist in making himself look good, even when the situation does not warrant it. Now this man won the Internet Championship as far back as October of last year, defeating Lachlan Kane for the title. October… this marks his reign at a very impressive five months, and since that night in Sparks, Nevada, the new champion has defended successfully against the likes of Austin James Mercer, Fenris and yes, even Miles Kasey!”

There are recorded boos now emanated from the classroom, to which Carter raised a hand and nodded knowingly with eyes closed.

“I know, I know. Those names and a handful of others have all fallen to the wayside of this ‘Broken Messiah’ as he likes to call himself, and the more wins he racks up against established stars, the more he believes himself to be the proverbial King of the Mountain. I believe he phrased it best when he stated he was ‘melting down the crowns of the former kings to make his throne’. Former kings - as in former World Champions such as Mercer and Fenris and many, many others. He would have you believe that his wins sullied the reputations of those men while further strengthening his own.”

Carter wagged a finger toward the camera, clearly against this notion.

“Not so, if you ask me! If anything, I would dare say the exact opposite is true if you were to take the ‘half-truths’ he spews regularly on social media and promos and see the entire picture for what it is! A charade, a fantasy land of make believe where Alexander Raven likes to sit in his ivory tower and look down at the world around him and all of the so-called peasants who would seek to dethrone him. But… let’s take into account HOW he won, and in many cases, how he has managed to keep hold of that crown of his, shall we?”

“His match against the then-champion Lachlan Kane was an epic contest, to be certain. Saying otherwise would be a lie, or a ‘half-truth’. But did Alexander REALLY defeat Lachlan for the gold? Did he pin his shoulders to the mat for a three count?”

He shook his head no.

“Did he force Lachlan to tap out and thus yield his crown?”

Again, Carter shook his head no.

“No, in fact, he did neither. He did trap Lachlan in his submission finisher, but Lachlan did not give in. His body did. Lachlan Kane passed out in the Boston Crab hold and the proverbial torch was passed, without what many would call a decisive victory. Now…!”

Carter walked back around the desk and had a seat on the edge.

“How about High Stakes XI, and the first real threat to the new King’s crown? A threat by the name of Austin James Mercer? I admit, I was one of the MANY who was involved in the getting pools for this match, and the odds were most definitely not in the favor of the wannabe King! More often than not, people were placing bets that Austin would rise again and reclaim his throne from this usurper, but as Alexander would have us all believe, the former King fell in defeat. But the simple truth is neither man won that day. The battle ended in a double count out - a stalemate! And when they met once again in a rematch to decide then and there who was the real and true King? Indeed Alexander did indeed retain his title - but had to use his finishing touch onto a steel chain to deal the extra bit of damage to walk away the winner.”

“Then of course there’s the threat of ‘the White Wolf’. This was brought about because Fenris simply refused to give in to Alexander raven’s delusional fantasies about being the King. In fact, Fenris barely acknowledged him at all! Fenris wanted nothing to do with him, and even less to do with the Internet Champion! A narcissist like Alexander could not abide by this and he all but coerced Fenris into this unwanted championship match and yes again, Alexander shocked the world by dealing a rare defeat to ‘the White Wolf’ – technically. I say technically because Alexander did not pin Fenris. On a technicality, Fenris pinned himself. The fact simply worked in the champion’s favor, allowing him to retain.”

“Then of course, there was the most recent challenge to your throne, it took place just this past week! The challenge where the King Raven was brought to the very brink of defeat by Prince Miles before the King (again) snuck past by the skin of his teeth in order to keep hold of his championship just a little while longer! But once again, he did so by a mere technicality as he had Miles trapped in a submission finisher, and like Austin before him, Miles passed out in the hold rather than deign to give Alexander the satisfaction of a decisive victory.”

“Not to hear Alexander Raven tell it, of course. If you were to listen to him and him alone, he would have the world believe his victories were a mere formality and he won decisively and dominantly! When the facts could not be further from the truth!”

That being said, Carter casually tossed the pointer back over his shoulder, the length of wood clattering against the chalkboard and falling to the tile floor. He then whipped off the glasses from his face and gave them a nonchalant toss. He leaned back heavily in his seat on the edge of the desk, his hands gripping the edge with white knuckles.

“Okay, that being said, I think it’s time to cut all pretenses of fun and games and call this for what it really is; a fact check! Broken Messiah… False Prophet… Alexander, you can call yourself whatever your little delusional heart and soul desires. I can’t stop you. I wouldn’t even if I could. But do you know what I can call you? You are seriously and without a doubt the absolute luckiest champion in the history of Sin City Wrestling! You won that title by mere chance, and ever since then, you’ve managed to get past every challenge to your gold by either chance, luck, breaking the rules - or a combination of one or the other! Or, all three! Of sure, you can go by the old adage of ‘doing whatever it takes’ in order to succeed, but what the whole truth of the matter is, you’re really just a champion here through sheer, dumb luck!”

“But this here?”

He motions with a forefinger between the camera and himself.

“What we have approaching us in a mere matter of days? This isn't a match for your crown. It's not even a one-on-one non-title event. No, this is a match that is allowing me to do what I love to do best. Team with my best friend Ariana to face some quality competition! She and I ruled the tag team division down in SCU, and it is just a damn good thing that Mark and Christian decided to retire the Mixed Tag titles or else we’d be doing the exact same thing here! And while you're better half did not exactly succeed in her debut, I won't fault her for that. None of us win all the time. And in her defense, you did train her if I’m not mistaken so you probably forgot to teach her all of your underhanded tricks of the trade. But I have all the faith in the world that Ariana can and will handle her when it's their time in the ring. And as for us, Oh Mighty Alexander the Great? You've been so focused on dismantling the crown and putting the former Kings of Sin City Wrestling beneath your boot, you went and looked right past what could be your biggest threat. You have yet to acknowledge the queen!"

“I’m not ‘Godly’ Ken Davison, but a part of me wishes I was because after this match between us? The world is going to see you for the paper champion that you are. If Ari gets the win over Luna, great! Terrific! But my personal end game is to get the win over…”

He twirls his finger around and points it right into the camera.

“You. For both personal and professional satisfaction. For doing what nobody else in recent memory has been able to do. Not since last year! I missed my chance against Barnhart and the Roulette title. Beating you..? I won’t try to muscle in on Ken’s chance against you at the Supercard, but beating you will force you to acknowledge the one simple truth that has so far escaped your delusional little mind.”

“I. Exist!”

"The bravest thing you can be is yourself."