Author Topic: - Olive Branch?  (Read 491 times)

Offline Evie Baang

• View Profile
    • Evie Baang
- Olive Branch?
« on: March 20, 2020, 09:34:25 PM »
 Climax Control 263 streaming live from Canterbury, Kent, England had just come to an end and Evie had the upmost pleasure in watching her husband Ben Jordan retain his Sin City Wrestling World Heavyweight Championship. Her eyes were glued to the small monitor in front of her, on the fading image of Ben celebrating, flaunting his Championship belt as he held it high into the air as he was being showered in cheers from his fellow countrymen. Watching the smile on his face light up the screen like a flare, Evie couldn’t help but smile along. His grin was infectious to her and even when she was dealing with the doom and gloom of the world, all it took was his smile to brighten her day.

It didn’t take long for the screen to fade to black, and soon enough Ben was walking between the black curtains meeting her backstage. It wasn’t uncommon for them to be a few steps away from the velvet curtains after each other’s matches. They might not have been the closest of couples on the Sin City Wrestling screens, as they normally didn’t flood the footage with their relationship. It wasn’t what they were about, it wasn’t what they wanted to be known for, though tonight was a little different as Evie had surprised her husband with a prematch embrace.

Evie rushed over towards Ben, wasting very little time in wrapping her arms around his neck for a celebratory hug. Ben’s hands juggled his Championship and her hips as he quickly and gently pressed his lips on her forehead. He felt giddy, which wasn’t unusual for him after wrestling in a big match, his adrenaline ran at an all-time high. The call of the crowd was enough to have the blood pumping through his veins and a win was enough to have him heading towards the nearest pub to celebrate. Ben was a man of the people and celebrating with his fans was what he loved most about his job, yet tonight was a little different.

“You looked good out there.” Evie blushed as she spoke. “Shower and pub?” She questioned, before letting him go.

Regardless of how long they had been together, Evie was still a rampant little fan girl when it came to her husband. He still made her impulsive and unpredictable with her nerves, but Evie loved that about him. She was a candle and he was her flame and together, she felt like they were just intoxicatingly attuned, made for each other, meant for each other.

“Only good?” Ben joked. “I must be slipping.” His smile was still plastered on his face.

Evie just rolled her eyes, before giving his chest a playful push. Ben looked down at her a million things running through his mind. The past few weeks had been icy for the both of them, but now Evie was just magically back to being herself around him, as if nothing had ever happened. It wasn’t that he didn’t want to just move on from it, he just couldn’t put his finger on her attitudes lately and it was making him a little stir crazy. The kiss on camera earlier, was enough to ruffle his feathers as it was an action, he never thought he would have to play off on the spot-on air. After all the show was indeed live and not everything followed the script.

“No pub tonight.” He shook his head as he spoke. “You and I need to have a little chat.” A hard ball was quickly swallowed down the back of this throat.

9 little words Evie thought she was never hear coming from her husband’s lips but since he had uttered them her body had stiffened. She was lost for a moment, unsure what on earth this could have meant but she didn’t have time to reply as she just felt her hand being tugged at as Ben walked off with his wife in tow. One hand he carried his prized Sin City Wrestling Heavyweight Championship and in the other he held his confused and conflicted wife’s hand who was now ripping herself apart about what on earth she had done. It couldn’t have been too bad she thought, as she looked up to see Ben looking back at her over his shoulder with a wild grin from ear to ear. Still the fear of the unknown was enough to rattle the butterflies trapped in her stomach who were now fluttering for their lives.

An hour had passed before a freshly showered Ben and Evie Jordan were able to navigate their way back to their hotel. Bravely Ben had allowed lead-foot-Evie to hire a rental car to isolate themselves from having to deal with cabs or Ubers, hoping that would help stop the spread of this dreaded COVID-19. Or at least keep them both healthy enough to potentially be able to see Ben’s Nan once they hit his hometown later in the tour. Ben exited the car, grabbing the bags and Bear’s lead while balancing his championship as Evie trailed behind him with her clutch. She had offered to help but Ben being the gentleman he was refused. It didn’t take long until they were safe and sound inside their hotel for the week, Bear was free from his lead running straight for the floor to curl up in ball in front of the TV. As soon as Evie heard the door click shut behind her, she turned to look towards Ben who was already staring at her ready and waiting to kick this off.

“You.” Was all Ben could say, as he moved towards his wife. “You just had to go and kiss me before my match…”

Ben threw his hand sup in the air, before swiping them back down to his sides in frustration. Evie didn’t have any time to speak up or defend her actions, as Ben’s voice was ringing in her ears.

“A championship match, which needed my full concentration. Yet, I spent half of the damn time thinking about you, instead of Griffin.” His nostrils flared in anger. “I could have lost.” A sigh soon followed. “I could have lost this.”

He looked down to his right hand that clutched his Sin City Wrestling Heavyweight Championship. His blue eyes that were normally so loving were cold. As Evie went to speak, she couldn’t find the words, as Bear looked up at his parents, before putting his head back on the ground as if to groan “not again.” She parted her lips to apologise but she didn’t have time for words and Ben’s lips were on hers before Evie could even begin to communicate. He gently dropped his Championship title onto the nearby counter, before his arms were wrapped around her body, pulling her into him for a hug. Ben’s hands demanded her to jump up from the ground, as he cradled her as Evie wrapped her legs around his waist. His fingertips planted into her skin, firmly as he broke the kiss.

“You’re the very best and worst thing about me.” Ben groaned as his eyes searched hers.

Evie’s eyebrow drew together before she spoke. “The worst?”

It wasn’t the easiest thing for a girl to be told, but she could tell from the look in her husband’s eyes that he was going to explain himself. Ben just needed to take her all in first, really look up into green eyes as he spoke, making sure she paid attention to him completely as he explained his reason.

“You distract me.” He growled. “You could be on the other side of a room and as soon as I feel you there, all my notions of being good or being focused spiral out of control.” His eyes remained locked on hers. “I feel like I could, I would tear down walls with my bare hands to get to you.” A sigh escaped his lips.

Evie couldn’t help but feel her cheek flush with red, she wasn’t embarrassed she was proud of how she made her husband feel. Helpless yet powerful. Collected but wild. It meant she was doing her duty of his wife right and from the look in his eyes, she had kicked that into overdrive tonight.

“I’m sorry.” She whispered. “I just wanted to wish you luck.” She smiled.

He shook his head; Ben knew what his wife was up to he knew that she wanted to give those cheering fan girls a look at what they were missing out on. He knew that she wanted to grind his gears, after all they had spoken about flashing their relationship all over the airways of Sin City Wrestling. It wasn’t what they were going to be known for. It might have been everything and anything for other couples of Sin City Wrestling, but Ben and Evie wanted to keep things semi-professional.

“Don’t be sorry. I love that you make me feel that way. I love that you bring out a shred of darkness in me.” He said proudly.

Evie brought her hand sup from around the back of his neck, so she could caress the side of his face. That smile on her husband’s face was enough to crazy.

“Just how you bring out the light in me.” She whispered, hating that she admitted it.

Ben just chuckled, he knew his wife loved to be hated but since they were growing and maturing in their relationship, she had definitely started to take on more of his loving charitable personality traits. Yet, Ben knew she would have no issues switching off the switch and turning into a cold heart bitch when she needed to be. It please him to no end knowing that Evie was able to show just him this side of her. There was no more time for words as Ben brushed a strand of Evie’s long brown hair back behind her ear to look at her face and soon enough the two were back in a heated embrace. Cementing that the past few weeks of misery were definitely behind them. Let’s just say the future was looking bright for the Jordan’s.

--

The Canterbury Bandstand wasn’t the fanciest of places in Canterbury, Kent, England but after spending some time with her Blast from the Past Tag Team Partner Evie quickly learnt that this place had a special spot in Mark Cross’ heart. Well, at least she thought he would get a kick out of being somewhere that would induce flashbacks or throwbacks of memory lane. After all truth be told she didn’t completely hate her tag team partner, Evie just didn’t like the fact that he seemed like a bumbling baboon.

It was later in the evening, and even though it was frightfully cold Evie and Mark had agreed to meet up and make the most of his hometown. Since Climax Control 263 was well and truly over, they would soon have to move on to 264 that would stream live from Reading, Berkshire, England. Yet, Evie felt the need to oblige to Mark Cross’ attempt to catch up and shoot their match promotional together a few days earlier and in his hometown, because if she was going to extend an olive branch to her tag team partner, she sure as hell wasn’t going to apologise with words. He was going to have to take this action alone, as her doing her best to accommodate him.

To Evie the Bandstand was this hideously ugly carrousel looking BBQ pit, only it didn’t have ponies that glided up and down, it didn’t have horrible carnival music playing from the speaker but what it did have was history. Mark’s history and she could tell that by the football sized dints that were pressed into the ageing stone, tin and wood. If anything, Evie was mortified by its appearance, and being a successful architect, it was hard for her to see even a glimmer of likeability about the circular object that stood proudly in the green grass of Dane John Gardens.  

The two had spent an hour or so catching up, trying to find out as much as they could about each other after all if they were going to be a successful tag team in the Blast from the Past, they needed to at least be able to speak with one another. It wasn’t easy, they didn’t have much in common, but Evie was willing to give it a chance. After all she was Mrs Blast from the Past.

As night-time was starting to shimmer on the horizon it didn’t take long for Mark to prompt Evie to moving things along. Once they saw that the camera man was set up and ready for them, the cheeky SCU champion winked towards his tag team partner before uttering his first words.

“Ladies first.” He motioned for Evie to take the lead with an outstretched arm.

Evie just looked at him, it took everything she had inside her not to punch that stupid goofy looking smile off in face. She didn’t say anything she just stood there gawking at him, waiting for him to make the first move. Mark could see that Evie wasn’t going to speak first, so he quickly looked back towards the camera and set off on his ways.

“…” Mark went to start.

Yet his lips moved but his voice didn’t come out as walking out from behind him Evie side stepped her partner, her eyes locked on the camera as she stole his thunder and started to address the Sin City Wrestling audience for the first time in well over a year.

“Fuck me, I hate this.” She groaned.

Mark just rolled his eyes; he knew she was going to be difficult, but something told him deep down she was going to take this seriously. Well he was hoping.

“People tell you all the time to have a catchy opening line but fuck it.” She paused. “Here it is… come Climax Control, I Evie Luna Jordan and this.” She fired a thumb over her right shoulder. “Babbling idiot are going to walk into Climax Control and wipe the fucking floor with Tally and Jack.”

It was direct, in a roundabout way but Evie was still trying to find her feet when it came to match promotional. It had been well over a year since she had stood in front of a camera to record her words.

“It’s that fucking simple really.” A wild smirk crossed her face. “It just makes sense. You see standing before you here you have the Sin City Underground Champion Mark Fucking Cross and a two-time finalist, one-time winner and a former Sin City Wrestling Bombshell Champion… in me.” She paused for dramatic flair. “Me, Evie fucking Jordan.” She smirked. “And next Sunday were going toe to toe with the two rookies of Sin City Wrestling, Tally and Jack… look at us, now look at them. It doesn’t take a genius to work out where their fate lies and sadly for them, their little blossoming debut flame is going to be burnt out, snuffed if you will… once they hit that ring in Reading, Berkshire, England.”

Evie pointed at herself, forgetting to acknowledge Mark’s existence for the time being the Aussie just smirked towards the camera before she continued to speak.

“Two weeks ago, regardless of me not wanting to step foot back into a Sin City Wrestling ring again, I showed the whole world that I still have it. I’m still that bitch. I’m the bitch that can take a year off from competing but come back, with no special training and toss a mess like Jessie Salco around the ring like raggedy Anne.” A smirk crossed her face. “I know I shouldn’t be proud of that accomplishment, and trust me I’m not… I’m just reliving the look on her face when she thought I was going to lay down for her and let her pin me? Not a chance, not a fucking possibility.”

Mark clapped Evie, causing the Aussie to turn to her right and glare at him. Even when it was her time to talk, he couldn’t help but add comedy to the background. He couldn’t help himself; it wasn’t in his nature. Evie rolled her eyes at him before rolling her head from side to side across her neck, as if she was trying to release tense from her neck.

“I knew even when walking away this idiot would do everything in his power to win the match, I mean why wouldn’t he? He’s the SCU champion for Christ sake. It was sure-fire that Cross and I were going to make it to round two and here we are… about to take on the team who affectionately told the world via Twitter that they were just getting started.” Evie rolled her dark green eyes. “That’s some mighty fine words for a bunch of toddlers in this game. It’s such a shame that they’re only getting started, is going to crash, their chances of advancing into round three is going to burn to fucking ground and when the ashes settle, they I’ll only have themselves to blame.”

Evie stopped to gather her thoughts, as she clutched on to her large thick coat that was shielding her from the freezing cold. As dusk started to kick in the lights around the Bandstand flickered to life around them.

“Jack Washington let’s start there…” A poised smile dance upon her face. “A guy who should have invested more time in wrestling training, less time in the gym. A typical meat head, who believes that his name is on everybody’s lips. Here’s a wake-up call. The good people of Sun City Wrestling, don’t know who you are, they aren’t interested to getting to know you either… you’re just a typical beef boy.” She rolled her eyes. “They don’t and we don’t give a single fuck about you.”

Evie turned to Mark who nodded his head in agreeance, finally these two looked as if they were starting to get on the same page.

“You came out guns a blazing last week, talking about how you’re a straightforward guy. Telling the world that you weren’t here to be the nice guy, how you weren’t going to shake hands or kiss babies… you were just in Sin City Wrestling for the money, for the fortune and fame.” She paused, “it’s great to see that your eyes are so clouded by your own misjudgement that you even think you’re going to be anything but a drop in the Sin City Wrestling ocean. We get it, we really do. You’re the new guy with a chip on his shoulder just trying to show the world how good he is, what his potential is like, but we have seen it all before, we had guys like you before in Sin City Wrestling and where are they now? Stuck on the sidelines, pulling themselves to their own reflections, no fortune, no fame, no power… here’s looking at you Caleb, Tommy and Lucien.” A slight pause, before she chuckled.

Evie stepped up towards the camera, finally feeling a little more at home in front of the lens that was streaming this promotional video live to the Sin City Wrestling fans at home.

“You came out in the debut promo telling the world you’re going to be SCW’s fastest rising star, trying to downplay Fenris now are we? Trying to outplay Gabriel, now are we? You’re got a big mouth for a two-match warrior. We’ll see how long it takes you to get the top and trust me, it’s going to a long painful stint for you, but people like me are going to enjoy watching your struggle and endless fight… just to fall flat on your fucking face and end up like so many other that have come before you, a worthless space filler on a card. It should bring you so much joy, knowing you’ll end up right beside Casey Williams… you know the guy you slandered two weeks ago… really you should embrace Casey, I mean his career in Sin City Wrestling is just a snippet of what you’re is going to look like. A sad miserable little mess.”

Evie licked her lips, her blood red lipstick made her pristine white teeth standout. With a single sweep she brushed a few stray away strands of her long brown hair behind her right ear, while keeping her focus on the lens of the camera. Mark continued to watch his tag team partner from the side of screen, taking in everything she was saying.

“But, enough about you… enough about how your quest to win the Blast from the Past. It’s already known it’s going to fall short this Sunday and you’ll wind up back at the bottom of the food chain, begging for scraps left over from the floor. I know that Mark Cross has what is takes to wipe the floor with you this coming Sunday. I know that he’ll make short work of you, hell I’d even put money on this muppet not even breaking a sweat to put you in your place.” A sigh left her lips.

Mark couldn’t help but smile as Evie was finally talking him up, yet the camera didn’t miss his slight frown on his face when she called him a muppet. It was a roller-coaster of emotions teaming with Evie, she wasn’t the easiest to get along with.

“Don’t stress your meaty little head over it. The whole world is going to watch this, watch you.” She was mocking his tag line from his debut. “Watch it all crumble into pile when you’re defeated this Sunday. Then honey you can take a seat and watch this.” Her right index finger moved between herself and Mark. “Watch us. Win the 2020 Blast from the Past tournament with ease.” A devilish smirk was arrogantly present on her face.

Evie was finally finding her groove back into the promotional ways of Sin City Wrestling, it had been a minute but the more she spoke the more things started to fall back into place.

“Now Tally, don’t think that I have forgotten about you. How can I? You’re all Gabriel and Odette can talk about.” She rolled her green eyes. “They’ve pumped up your debut into Sin City Wrestling, like no one else’s. You must feel special knowing you have them playing drums for you. It must feel good knowing they have said you’re their next big thing. It must feel wonderful knowing that you’re their next pet project and that they can’t wait to watch you win the Blast from the Past. They can’t wait for you to be their next Fenris, their next fastest rising star.”

Evie yawned, she was treading in murky water here as she loved and respect Gabriel and Odette, but this was the business they were in, she didn’t have to play nice with everyone that exited the OG gym.

“It must feel like the world is resting on your shoulders right about now, the latest project having to come toe to toe with the original and best female to ever come out of the OG gym.” She smirked. “You must feel overwhelmed knowing that you’re going to have to lace your boots up this Sunday night and come face to face with the one who started it all. The first ever student from the OG gym. The one they invested all their money and time into, the one who became the benchmark for everyone else who followed. It must suck knowing that your magical fastest rising star of the OG gym medal balances in the palm of my hands. It must suck knowing that to climb that ladder you have to go past me and trust me. I might have been out of the ring for over a year, but I would still run circles around you even if I was still in slumber.”

She clicked her tongue off her white teeth, a smug look on her face. It didn’t take long for Evie to start talking once more.    

“I mean, I shouldn’t downplay you. I mean how long did it take you to get here… Correct me if I’m wrong… but well over a year?” she chuckled, evilly. “Well over a year… fuck me… the Stevens put you together with playdoh… they chiselled me out of fucking stone.” Her gaze was cold as it pierced the camera’s lens. “I don’t understand why everyone is acting like you’re the most developed trainee to come from the gym, over a year? You’re not a masterpiece… you’re a rushed rough draft.”

Evie didn’t chuckle, as she didn’t find at amusing it was more annoying. She had spent well over a year with the Stevens when she signed up with them to train, yet that was never blasted out or praised.

“Their whole gym rested on my success, it hinged on how well I turned out… how hard I worked, how much I pushed their brand. Fuck, Tally… I had to walk so a weedy little bitch like you could run. I had to put in more work that you could even fathom.” She gritted her teeth, anger coursing through her. “One fucking year? One fucking year of training and you think that you’re going to be their hottest student, you think you’re going to be the one to make waves for them? You might think you have the world in the palm of your hands? You must feel like everyone is putting pressure on you to preform? But trust me… you’re a butterfly… I’m a fucking wasp. You’ll crumble as soon as your wings get touched, but me?” She stopped her hands balling into fists. “I will keep stinging, time and time again because when you’re the first… you don’t get to stop forging a path for the people who will follow. I have to go out there and show the way. I’m the fucking beacon for all of you and yet, none of you want to admit it… because you’re all the next big thing, right? You’re all the next paycheck? You’re all the best.” She snarled. “Fuck off with that shit seriously.”

She was seething. Evie had felt for years she was overlooked when it came to being a student from the OG gym, but finally she was able to let some of that steam out.

“Tally trust me on this, you’ll always be reaching for the Sun, but you’ll never be able to step out of my shadow. I will always be the blueprint. I will always be that bitch standing on top of the pedestal. I’m the pinnacle, you’re just a sloppy carbon copy, a flawed sketch of the original and perfected model…” She smirked. “I’m the concept, I was their grand idea and since day one I have been the one that you all have to look up to and trust me on Sunday you’ll learn that the hard way. I don’t have to look down at you, I don’t have to take it easy on you because you’re a fellow OG creation.”

She stopped regaining her composure, tossing her long brown hair over her shoulders before her hands found their home on her hips.

“I have to beat you and if you think that I’m not going to come at you with everything I’ve got just to prove a fucking point? You have another thing coming. I don’t fucking have to… but I will just so you can feel what pain really is.” She paused to let that sink in. “Just so you can feel the true weight of what being an OG Gym student feels like. Up until now you had it easy, you’ve had the world screaming your name, making a big deal about you... but on Sunday… it’s not going to be fairy tales and fantasies. It’s going to be your fucking wake up call.” Evie sighed. “If you think you’re just going to walk past me because of your hype, believe me you’ll trip and fucking fall so hard on your face it will knock the last remaining braincells you have left out.”

Evie stopped, to lick her lips once more. Her eyes locked and focused on the camera lens. She knew she had one last thing left to say and she knew it would ruffle more than just a few feathers.

“May the lord have mercy on your soul, Tally...” She paused. “Because I won’t.”

Evie chuckled, stealing that line from Gabriel with Satan’s look in her eye. She had said just about all she could say, so she quickly looked over her shoulder towards Mark Cross, who was ready and waiting to take over.  

“Are you getting to step up and say something? Or am I going to have to carry this fucking team again?” she smirked

Evie stepped backwards, leaving the lights of the bandstand disappearing from the spotlight leaving it to shine on Mark Cross. The Aussie took up a seat up the handrail of the bandstand, crossing her legs at her ankles before she adjusted her large thick dark green mink coat around her shoulders trying to keep warm in this intense cold. She was ready to listen to what her Blast from the Past partner had to say. As Mark looked back at her, Evie gave him the nod as if to tell him to hurry up, as she doesn’t have all day before she turned her attention down her manicured nails.

Now, would be a good time to tune into Mark Cross’ promotional… you know, so this part all makes sense. Then Evie and Mark will see you on Sunday, in Reading, Berkshire, England where hopefully they can advance to round three of the 2020 Blast from the Past tournament. If not, no one could say Evie didn’t lay it all on the line.