Author Topic: Heavyweight Championship Vanishing Act  (Read 1976 times)

Justin Underwood

Heavyweight Championship Vanishing Act
« on: December 16, 2011, 03:04:18 PM »
  “Greed is a powerful driving force.  A force that is driving people, just like the ones in this mall to spend money that they don’t have, on things they can’t really afford.” are the first words heard as the scene fades in on what appears to be the security center for a shopping mall.  Dozens of computer monitors all over a wall, displaying various angle’s through the mall as shoppers are scurrying about trying to get all of their Christmas shopping down.

“A force that drives them to buy trivial objects that they don’t need but just can’t live without…” the voice continues only briefly pausing as the scene starts zooming in on various monitors showing people pushing and tripping over each other.  “Or the item will just sit there collecting dust while they try to justify buying it or figure out a time and a place to actually use the otherwise useless item.”

“As Christmas grows closer, these crowds are going to get more frantic, and more violent.  More so than the crowds of Black Friday.” the voice pauses again as the scene focuses in on a screen where a fight has broken out in the mall, before continuing.  ”Peoples greed and need to get their spoiled kids the stuff they want will drive people to kill, hurt, rape, and even steal to make sure that their brats are happy.”

“This holiday has been exploited into being all about gifts.  A competition amongst families to see who can spend the most money on the best gift.  Who will be the best parent or aunt or uncle until birthday’s roll around and it starts all over.” As the voice continues to talk, it becomes apparent it is a familiar voice to many around.

“However, we aren’t going on about Birthday’s or even the upcoming Holiday.  Our focus today is Greed.”  the scene turns away from the monitors and turns toward the familiar smiling face of JT Underwood.  Wearing a blue button up shirt and a pair of black slacks, his black shoes shining as if they were just polished, as he quickly resumes speaking   “For those of you who don’t know, greed is an excessive desire to possess wealth, goods, or abstract things of value with the intention to keep it for one's self.”

“Gabriel is indeed the true incarnation of the word.  However I must say it has been starting to rub off on me.  I have been trying to figure something out.  Something that has been nagging at me since after our draw at Climax Control.” I continue to talk as I turn my attention to the monitors watching the crazed shopping sprees unfolding for so many.

“It turns out, I have this overwhelming desire to walk into December 2 Dismember and take advantage of the backbone of Gabriel.  The Driving Force behind Gabriel.  I plan to take advantage of your greed.  Mainly, because while you are focusing on getting your hands on magic tricks and show scripts, I’m focusing on the task at hand.  Your greed for money and possessions is what is going to be your downfall.” I let out a somewhat sinister laugh before picking up a coffee cup from Starbucks and take a drink from it.

“You spend so much money on your possessions and allow greed to control your life and you don’t see past possessions.  When you look at the SCW Heavyweight championship, you see a belt.” looking away from the monitors I look down at a picture that was resting next to my cup, and picking it up, allowing it to be seen as none other than the promo image for the Heavyweight Title.  “When I look at it I see the standard.  The holder of it has set a standard.  Because they beat everybody else that was put in their path and became the champion.”

“You set the standard when you blazed through the gauntlet, and pinned me at the end of High Stakes, and you set the standard high Gabriel.  However something you didn’t count on was the fact that I have watched and learned from my mistakes as well as watched old footage of you.  I have developed a game plan for you Gabriel.”

“When you and I next step into the ring together, it will be a big deal, because a new champion will walk out of that ring.”
 I toss the image back down onto the desk as I walk away from it, and lean up against the wall.  The words still formulating in my mind as I take yet another sip of my coffee.  Looking up, the smile returning to my face as I continue “A new standard will be set and I will allow the greed that has rubbed off on me to not allow our match to end in any way but me walking out as the victor.”

“You sit there and say I fell short at the last show Gabriel…  Well albeit you are still champion, but you fell short as well, seeing as how you didn’t pin me.  You want to sit there and bring up a match where I couldn’t prevent the pin from happening, go ahead.” I push off the wall and walk out of the security room and down a long hall to a stair way.  Taking the stairs I go down stairs and through a door bringing myself into the main part of the mall and I start slowly making my way through the crowds of Holiday Shoppers.

“Am I in a slight slump as far as “wins” go right now?” I ask aloud as people bump into me and rush past me “Yea, I haven’t gotten a win in a few shows. However it isn’t all about the win.  Yes the win’s get you over more with the owners, but the fans care about the heart and passion that goes into the match, and seeing as how the fans are the reason that Mark and Christian are able to give me a pay check, I’ll keep wrestling and giving the fans everything I have.”

I continue walking, slowly and methodically through the crowds, in a subtle attempt to stick in, although with my pace of walking compared to everybody elses, I stick out like a sore thumb, as I continue to speak out to Gabriel “You see me as failing.  But when I look back at what I have done, I see me doing what I got into this industry to do.  Make a name for myself and wrestle great matches.  The latter being something you and I have done quite well so far.  Sure, I haven’t gotten the win against you, but I guess I just haven’t allowed greed to consume me to the point where all I want are wins.”

“You see Gabriel; the wins aren't what turn a wrestler into a future hall of famer.  Sure they can help, but it’s the losses that one endures and pulls through, coming back and getting the win, where the recognition comes into play.”  I say as I approach the escalator and take it down to the lower level, still continuing to walk to a destination unknown still to even myself.

“Wrestlers can sit there and win every single match they wrestle.  Doesn’t make them the best or most liked.  What truly makes a wrestler great is how they endure through the losses and handle the heat from other wrestlers. taking a sip from my coffee I start pushing my way through the crowd as I see a stage being constructed in the very center of the mall, and decide I should head towards it.  “How they handle the pressure put on their shoulders from the higher ups.  Sure I haven’t beaten you YET, but Christian and Mark still think my talent and my ability is main event quality and worth this rematch against you for the Heavyweight Championship.  Unlike you, I didn’t turn on a tag team partner to pursue my own agenda.”  Pushing my way through the last few rows of people rushing past me, I run my hand along the grand stage before me before jumping up onto it in a quick leap.  I take a few more moments to straight out my shirt and pants before resuming to talk.

“My agenda has been the same since day one.  To get the heavyweight championship in my possession and help take this company to the next stage.”I say as I look around at the large crowd rushing in and out of shops and the occasional curious stare up towards me as I stand on the stage.

“Your agenda was first the tag team titles, but that changed as soon as you found out that you could have been Heavyweight Champion.  You betrayed your brother, your best friend just so you could have some gold.”

Letting out a chuckle I take yet another sip from my coffee before placing it down on the stage and extending my arms out. “See I’m here on this stage, and just see it as a stage to address you.  But Gabe, if this was you, standing on this stage, you would be driven by your greed to get everybody’s attention until you have it all in your possession.” shaking my head I look around the stage in amazement, before returning my attention to those scurrying past.

“Gabriel, that alone is the reason why your greed will be your downfall come Sunday at December 2 Dismember. I place my left hand into my pants pocket and pull out my cellphone to look at the time on it, before slipping it back.  “It is time the Heavyweight title is around the waist of a singles wrestler and not a tag team wrestler.  It is time to send you back to the tag team division with your buddy Despayre.”

Reaching with my right hand into my right pocket I pull out a little gold plate and look at it.  Etched into it are the letters ‘JT UNDERWOOD’.  Running my fingers over it for a few moments I start to flip it over in my hand as I reach down for my cup of coffee and drink from it yet again.  “It is time for the face of SCW to step up and bring some good wholesome publicity to this place, while you and Synn figure out who is hanging teddy bears as well as protect Despayre from Goth.”

“Your buddy Shane is right as well Gabriel.  I am at a breaking point.  I have reached my breaking point where I am forced to show everybody what I am really made of and finally pin you down for the three count.  I’m not going to be dropping down to the mid card.” holding the nameplate up into view and allowing it to be read clearly, my voice gets a little more serious as continue talking. “I will be walking away with the heavyweight championship.  Once that bell rings I will be the one standing on the turnbuckle holding that beautiful belt up in the air, soaking in the cheers as the crowd is on their feet screaming and cheering and by the end of the night, this name plate will be on the heavyweight championship.  Not yours.”

“I underestimated you in the gauntlet.  I admitted that already.  You are underestimating me now.  Your time is over Gabriel.  My time begins at December 2 Dismember. And Gabriel, watch closely, cause just like what is about to happen now, will happen at December 2 Dismember with that Heavyweight Championship.” suddenly a cloud of smoke pops up from nowhere and as it starts to fade the stage is completely empty, and JT Underwood is nowhere to be seen as the scene fades out with the promo image of Gabriel vs. JT Underwood for December 2 Dismember.

<hr color=2E639E>

Leaning over my black 2011 Kawasaki Ninja with a custom red tribal design that is pinstriped in white as I speed down the Vegas strip, weaving in and out of traffic.  I flew past a stop light that turned yellow moments before I got to the white line, and went red as I went under it.  Coming up on my turn I leaned to the right and slowed down just slightly as I took it, and quickly accelerated back to the speed I was at previously.  Moments later I slowed down again, and leaned to the right to make another turn and pulled into the parking lot of a restaurant and quickly found an empty spot to park.

Kicking the kickstand down quickly, I kill the engine and swing my right leg over and stand straight up for a moment, before dusting my black dress slacks off and bring each foot up one at a time behind my leg and use the back of my pant legs to clean up my dress shoes.  I pull the black helmet from my head and place it on the seat of the Ninja, before checking my shirt and making sure it is neatly tucked in.

I look up and see the beautiful figure of Nykki walking towards me in three inch stilettos and a dress formed to her body emphasizing her sexy curves.  As she approaches me I accept her extended hand and she does a little spin.

“So Mr. Underwood, did I dress up enough for you?” Nykki asks before moving closer to me, giving me a hug and a kiss on the cheek.  Looking at her and seeing her glowing eyes and skin in that red dress made me want to skip this meal, and take our relationship from client/manager to something a lot more friendly.  Her platinum blonde hair blowing gently behind her as she looks up at me waiting for my response.

“Ms. Nykki, you look absolutely ravishing.  I have a feeling you will be fighting me off along with the rest of the men in this place this evening.” Nykki lets out a seductive chuckle before responding in king “Who says I want to fight you off Justin?” is all she says before slipping her hand from mine and turning towards the restaurant and started to seductively walk towards the entrance, adding a bit more of a shake of the hip to her walk as she moved away from me.

I stayed back a distance as I watched her and mumbled under my breath “She sure isn’t making it easy to keep this a professional relationship” and then started walking just into to see her look back over her shoulder and wink at me before stopping at the door to wait for me.

Catching up to her, I hold the door open for her and allow her in first as I follow close behind, my hand meeting the small of her back as we approach the restaurants hostess standing at her podium in a black skirt suit with a black tie and a white blouse.  I was distracted by the warmth of Nykki’s skin where my hand was pressed that I didn’t realize anybody was talking, until Nykki nudged me slightly.

“Justin, are you ok with the balcony booth?  I know it’s not the table you reserved, but it’s away from everybody and we can talk about business without being disturbed.” I took a moment considering everything and nodded in the affirmative as I looked around “Yes, that is fine with me.”

The hostess guided Nykki and myself to the stair case leading up to the balcony tables and once again I found my hand on the small of Nykki’s back as we walked up the stairs, at first as a concern to make sure I could catch her if she stumbled.  Even though she seemed to be handling the high heels great, I knew deep down she hated them, and wasn’t use to them.

Once at the top of the stairs, my hand stayed at the small of her back and causally puller her closer to me, and grinned when I felt her arm reach around my back and lightly cling to me as we walked.  The hostess ushered us into a dark room, which turned out to be the balcony booth and the only real lighting was coming from a number of candles lit around the wall.  

“Your waitress will be with you momentarily to get you started with beverages and your meals.  Please, make yourself comfortable.” was the last thing the hostess said before bowing out and leaving myself and Nykki alone.  Nykki turned to me and placed both of her hands around my neck and kissed me passionately on the lips before slipping into the half circle booth.  Stunned by her actions I slid in on the other side and scooted towards the center.  Lost in thought over what happened, Nykki ended up nudging me again as I glanced down at the menu, searching for a beverage.

“You ok Justin?” she asked me, her deep blue grey yes looking directly into mine as I looked up to meet her gaze.  A smile finally broke across my face and I took hold of her hand.   “I’m great Nykki.  This past month has been great.  I’ve enjoyed it a lot.  There is just times when you make me speechless, and wish we had a better relationship then just business.”

Nykki’s eyes lit up as my words processed in her head and she scooted closer, and pressed her lips against mine yet again, this time, I responded and ran her left hand through my hair as she started to speak, her beautiful voice, melting what was left of my defenses.  

“I’m glad to hear that, because I do as well Justin.  I have wanted more for several weeks now.  I just wasn’t sure how you felt, but first, before we continue down this path, lets discuss December 2 Dismember first.”

Before either Nykki or I can continue, the sound of a knock can be heard announcing that our waitress had arrived, and proceeded through the curtain and introduced herself to us “My name is Denise, and I will be your waitress tonight, can I start you off with a bottle of wine, champagne or perhaps a beer?”

Pulling her notepad out of her waist apron, she waits patiently as I look at the menu and figure out I want and then look over at Nykki, waiting for her to place her beverage order.  Nykki finally looks up and addresses Denise “I’d like the 1966 Dom Perignon, and if it’s possible, can you bring the whole bottle?” Denise nods her head and writes the drink order down on the notepad.  She then turns her head to me, and prepares to write my request down. “Can you bring two glasses, the Dom sounds wonderful.”

“Yes sir.” is all Denise says before bowing herself out and leaving Nykki and I to ourselves.  Looking over at Nykki I wrap my arm around her and she smiles as she kisses me again.

“So, are you ready for Gabriel?” she asks me, as I am browsing over the menu.  Without even taking my attention away from the menu I respond to her question “Completely.  He isn’t even going to know what hit him tomorrow night.  I’ve trained every day for since our last match for twelve hours a day, to build up my stamina and endurance to be able to withstand anything he wants to throw at me.”

As she browses over her menu you nonchalantly asks “What do you think about the Santa’s Sack Match.  If you win, you will be facing either Nick Jones or Bruce Evans for the title.”

“Whether its Gabriel, Nick Jones, Bruce Evans, Kain, Goth, or Hangman, when I walk out of December 2 Dismember with the Heavyweight Championship, I’m going to defend it to the best of my ability.  I am not going to be a one hit wonder.” I say as I push the menu over to the side and look at Nykki “Once I beat Gabriel tomorrow night, he will go back to the tag team division with Despayre and go pester those people.”

Nykki holds back a laugh as Denise reenters the balcony area and places a ice bucket with the Dom Perignon surrounded by ice and two champagne glasses.  I look to Nykki and see a mischievous twinkle in her eye and turn back to Denise before speaking “Denise we aren’t ready to order yet.  I will come find you when we are.”

As Denise bows out again, Nykki quickly climbs into my lap and kisses me passionately as my hands roam all over her body, slowly pulling her dress up.

“I think I know what I want to eat right now” I say while lifting Nykki up  onto the table and the scene fades to darkness.