Author Topic: #TheStruggleisReal  (Read 295 times)

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
#TheStruggleisReal
« on: March 03, 2017, 11:38:49 PM »
 #Don’tPressYourLuck
28 de febrero de 2017 ♦ L O S A N G E L E S, C A L I F O R N I A

[REC•]
\'user

“You know, you can learn a lot by observing.”

[The camera opens on Mercedes in one of her not so nice moods. Let’s not get into specifics here - the occasion or the backdrop or anything like that – because that’s not what’s important at the moment. In about two minutes, the SCW Grand Slam Champion is about to let us know what’s on her mind. And as anyone who has followed her career knows, when Mercedes has something to say, she doesn’t mince words.]

“Some of the things I’ve seen and heard and known have been downright hard to believe. We have Mean Girls wanna-bes like Polly Playtime talking themselves up these days even though they’re walking around with tainted title wins. We have edgy rookies – Yeah, I’m talking to you, Chelsea Payne - who think they’re going to become the next big thing in the Bombshells Division because they’re second-generation, who think they’re special.

[ She goes on to stretch the word and makes exaggerated use of air quotes.]

“Excuse me, I was the longest reigning Bombshell Roulette Champion and held the record for longest reign for almost a year and a half before somebody finally ended it. Nobody has come close to ending my combined reign though, and I still am the most defending champion going on two years since my reign ended. I am a Grand Slam Champion. I was the first Bombshell to go unpinned in singles for well over a year and no one has come close to breaking my 14-month streak. I am the most decorated wrestler in SCW – and I’m not just talking about the ladies. When you realize that you’ve had more success in less than three years than the entire men’s locker room in their collective careers, it really makes you wonder.

[Mercedes shrugs.]

“I’m one of the best in the game today. People have known me for a lot of things, but I’m not known as a slouch, I’m not known as a pushover, and I’m not known as somebody who phones it in. I refuse to take a backseat or get swept under the rug to these flavors of the month who probably won’t even last an entire year before you see their names under “former SCW talent.”
Get used to seeing this pretty little face around SCW because I’m not done yet and whether you like it or not, the Mean Girls aren’t going anywhere. The more you hate us is the more you love us. The more you talk about us behind our back or in front of our face, the more we smile and nod and say thank you. Because we’re in your head, and in your hearts. ''

The simple fact is we don’t need SCW, SCW needs us. They need us like an addict needs heroin. We were the well needed shot in the arm for the division when it was on life support. The days of Misty, Vixen, Odette and Necra are over, Team Hero won’t be answering that bat-signal and swoop in to save the day, the end of The Fallen should really be called the beginning of the forgotten, and as for the Metal and Punk Connection?”

[She lets the question hang in the air, but we should know by now how this goes.]

“Wait. Does anyone care about the Metal and Punk Connection?”

[Mercedes shakes her head.]

“You can run your mouths about us all you want, ladies – God knows you have nothing better to do with your pathetic lives - but keep this in the back of your mind: Calling out the Mean Girls is career suicide. That’s not a rumor, that’s a pure unadulterated fact. Misty, Vixen, Joanne Canelli, Alexis Staggs and now Celeste North are some of our most notable victims and we have NO problem adding more names to that list. So take my foolish advice, chickadees: Don’t press your luck. You’re going to regret it. Trust me.”

~ ~ ~

Blog: #Life Lessons
semana del 26  de febrero al 5 de 2 0 1 7

Over the years, I’ve learned a lot of valuable lessons in life. For instance, buying a car from someone who rides the bus is a bad idea. Always get your haircut by someone who does a good job. Never cut off the person with a gun rack on the highway.  But one of the most life lessons I’ve learned is the more you do something, the better you get at it.

Someone should have told Celeste North to quit while she was ahead, not that she ever was, but you get what I’m saying. For the second time in five weeks, I took down and took out SCW’s loose cannon. That night in Los Angeles, Mickey Carroll and I held our heads up high, we had our hands raised, and we had another win under our belts. But it wasn’t without incident.  See, Dax Beckett wasn’t the only one injured last weekend. Celeste was hurting, too. She was pretty banged up: Bruised ego, wounded pride, and broken spirits. I’d be surprised if she actually shows her face again in SCW again. And I kinda hopes she doesn’t, for her sake. She is blonde, sure, but she’s also not stupid. Whatever anyone says, whatever anyone tells her, no matter how convincing, she shouldn’t listen to them. She just shouldn’t show up to this weekend.
Because if she does, it will be the LAST thing she will ever do in an SCW ring!

Moral of the story: Celeste learned a very valuable life lesson of her own last weekend and here it is: Messing with me, or the Mean Girls in general, is a bad career move. And will only end up with your name on my checklist. The question isn’t a matter of if, but when, and the answer might surprise you. Hall of Famers, former champions, current champions, future champions…it doesn’t matter. Eventually, you’ll all have your place in history. But for now, there’s one name that’s always seems to get away. One name that I have yet to add to my collection.

And you know what, I think my luck is about to change this weekend. In fact, I’m going to make sure of it.

Now I get my opportunity to reclaim a championship I was never pinned or submitted for this weekend in San Francisco, and not a moment too soon – or a moment too late.

I hope Mickey won’t be jealous too much because I have my date with destiny.

~ ~ ~

[[Mercedes is sorting clothes and packing up her suitcase in her bedroom as Veronica Taylor lies on her side on Mercedes’s bed listlessly turning the pages of a fashion magazine. The sound of flipping pages finally gets to her and Mercedes whirls around and snaps her finger in front of Veronica, startling her.]]

Mercedes: Hey! You’re supposed to be helping me pack, remember?

Veronica: Oh, is that why I’m here? For a minute there I was feeling a little self-conscious.

Mercedes: Are you OK?

Veronica: Um, HELLO? Does it LOOK like I'm OK?!

Mercedes: It was an innocent question. You don't need to get so worked up about it.

[[She adds a scarf into her luggage, the last set of spring gear she plans to wear for San Francisco.]]

Mercedes: Look, I know it’s bad now, but you’re going to get back the Roulette Championship eventually. It’s only a matter of time before…

[[Mercedes turns from her packing just as Veronica looks away. She obviously hit a sore point. The Bombshell Roulette Championship has seen better days since Mercedes once held it, but she felt bad for her fellow Mean Girl who continues to play the waiting game while The Metal Connection battle over the title.]]

Mercedes: You know, it's okay to talk about it, Vero. It won't hurt you, it could even help.

[[Veronica tosses the magazine over her shoulder.]]

Veronica: This is so not FAIR! How can Christian do this to me?! I’m the former champion! I should have got my title match first instead of those two uggos! Ugh!

Mercedes: I know it looks bad now, but once Blaze of Glory is over you will get your title rematch. Christian said so on Twitter. Don’t let Jessie and Amy get to you. They can’t even beat each other, making all my hard work in bringing that title to relevance worthless.

Veronica: Whatever! Do you hear anybody talking about your title reign? All everyone talks about is uggo Kate Steele breaking your record.

[[ Mercedes walks over to the front of her bedroom mirror, holding several skirts. She tosses other skirts away.]]

Mercedes:  If Kate Steele thinks she’s going to erase my past and take credit for bringing the Bombshell Roulette Championship from the dead, she’s got another thing coming. I’ve already etched my name in the history books and SCW knows nobody will take away what I’ve done in that division. There’s a reason why I’m going to be a future Hall of Famer, right Vero? Vero?

[[Mercedes sees Veronica through the mirror back to reading the fashion magazine again as she rolls her eyes. Her monologue went on deaf ears. Apparently, trying to get Veronica out of her bad mood wasn’t going to be an easy task after all. She tosses another set of clothes in her luggage then walks up to Veronica and grabs her hand.]]

Mercedes: Come on.

Veronica: What? Where are we going?

Mercedes:  You'll thank me later.

[[This scene opens on a close-up shot of a rearview mirror before we see the reflection of Mercedes as she is applying lipstick. Pull back to view her and Veronica as they cruise along 1-85 with the car stereo playing. For the most part they were discussing the state of the Bombshells Division, the Bombshells Locker Room and the Bombshells hatred of the Mean Girls themselves.]]

Veronica: Why are you facing Melody Grace this weekend?

[[Mercedes shrugs. Far as she could tell, she was probably the last person that should be getting a title shot right now, not after her previous one a month ago.]]

Mercedes: Because Christian secretly hates me? The hell if I know. I thought I was getting the week off. Turns out I’m in the main event and I’m challenging for the World Bombshell Championship. Should I flip the script again and walk into Blaze of Glory a two-time champion? What do you think?

Veronica: Like, duh! If there’s anyone who’s going to beat that basic, it’s you. Delia will be so proud. Wait, did I miss the exit again?

Mercedes:  No, it’s up ahead. Turn here.

“I could really get used to this.”

“See, Vero? I told you this wasn't so bad.”

The next time we see Mercedes and Veronica they are all pampered and relaxed. We see the pair on separate massage tables, bath towels wrapped around their bodies. A masseuse gently massages Mercedes' back and begins to lather oil between his hands as he applies this to her back also. The bonding time among the Mean Girls is off to a good start.

Veronica: So, Giani told me about you and Mickey’s  win last show? Nice work.

Mercedes:  Well, what can I say? Dax got what was coming to him and Celeste isn’t even a challenge for me. I don't know why she bothers trying. She's had my number, yes, but I think I've got her this time. Maybe I’m going a little too easy on her.

Mercedes and Veronica share a laugh. If beating Celeste North was this easy, everyone would do it. Mercedes wasn’t just the only person to beat her so far this year, she’s the only one to do so twice. Coincidence or convenience she wasn’t sure, but it help build up credentials as the threat she has is and always will be in the Bombshells Division as our scene fades.

~ ~ ~

#The Struggle is Real
3 de marzo de 2017 ♦ S A N F R A N C I S C O, C A L I F O R N I A

[REC•]

\'user

[The camera warms up as we see none other than Mercedes staring back at us with a radiant smile. The former World Bombshell Champion is in high spirits after her victory last week. And she looked to continue her momentum ahead of her main event title match at Climax Control

“SCW knows I’ve earned serious street cred for ending title reigns, so I’m not surprised when they gave in to your demands to find somebody who will challenge you, somebody who will take you to your limits, somebody the fans want to see you tangle with. You got to give it to them, Mark and Christian delivered. This weekend, Melody, your first title defense is against me. I don’t know what I did to main event let alone secure a title match already, but that doesn’t mean I can’t clear my schedule for an opportunity to bring back gold to the Mean Girls.”

[Mercedes takes out a pocket planner and show it to the camera. We see the month of March with the 3rd circled and the words “Week off” crossed off and “World Bombshell Championship match in bold letters followed by three exclamation points above that.]

“Surprised? You should be. You could have faced any Bombshell on the roster, could have picked any opponent your little heart desires, but you’re letting SCW choose for you, and that’s OK, too. There has to be a reason why Christian loves pairing us together and I’m almost sure it’s not because you’ve had success against me in every time. Maybe we’re destined to fight forever?”
[It sure seems that way. This might not be a bad thing, but it probably wouldn’t be a good thing either. Would their rivalry ever end? That remains to be seen.]

“The thing is, I took interest your interview with PW at the last Climax Control and while my hearing hasn’t given out on me just yet, I think you kinda, sorta, maybe hinted Vixen’s name at the tail end of that interview. Don’t get me wrong, if there’s anybody who should be considered to challenge for the title, surely it’s the one and only Vixen Staggs. Still, I’m truly hurt that you’re looking past me, Melody.

[She wears a pained expression and really milks this reaction as her lips pouts while holding a hand to her heart. Maybe sheds a tear or two in there. This isn’t the first time Mercedes has been overlooked in title matches and probably won’t be the last. She’d get over it, eventually.]

“In a world of real talk and cold hard facts, I think it’s time we rein in on why you’re so not right to be World Bombshell Champion. Now I’m not defending Crystal, but while she’s as fake as the designer handbags she carries around, you’re no better than she is. Are we really supposed to look up to the girl who during an interview eviscerated Summer XXXtreme and the main event of one of the biggest supercards in the company and flat-out disrespected the entire women’s division by calling them pathetic excuses for wrestlers? In my country, there’s a word for people like you.”

[She speaks slowly as her voice drops to a faint whisper.]

“Hypocrite.”  

[Mercedes maintains a calm demeanor in her voice, but you can see the seriousness on her face as well.]

“Here’s a cold hard fact for you. In case you haven’t noticed, all the talented women on this roster, just like your devoted fans, are here to support you. But I’m not too sure they’re going to do that after all the hurtful, nasty little things you’ve said before you got your crowning achievement. Remember that? Oh, you called it poking the bear, but you didn’t like it when Crystal was talking about Angel, who is, in fact, a teddy bear. Now that your champion, you’ve changed your tune all of a sudden?

[Mercedes shakes her head in disappointment.]

“Uh–uh. I bet your devoted following loves what you’re selling right now, Melody, but I’m not buying it. I wouldn’t be caught dead wearing any of your merch either. And why should we? I can’t get into your head, but we both know the pressures of being a champion is getting to you. Tell me I’m wrong. Debate me on this. During your Internet reign, getting anybody to face you was like pulling teeth. You’re hot then you’re cold, you’re in then you’re out, you’re up then you’re down. You can’t make up your mind, can you? You call yourself Little Miss Sunshine. Maybe we should call you Little Miss Fair-weather.”

[Quiet angers builds as she continues making her argument.]

“Despite all the excuses J2H  â€“ That’s right, I said it. I’m not going to walk on eggshells around you like everybody else – Despite all the excuses your boyfriend made to make you feel better, it doesn’t shy away from the truth.  Deep down inside, the fact nobody wanted to face you was eating you alive. That you were ignored like the entire SCW tag team division was driving you up the wall. Now that you hold the highest championship in the division, it’s starting to look a lot like déjà vu all over again, isn’t it?

[She holds up a hand at the camera.]

:Don't answer that. Rhetorical question.

“Frank Sinatra may have sung I Left My Heart in San Francisco, but if you actually think I will leave Climax Control 174, that I will travel to and leave San Francisco, California a loser, that I will leave the main event as anything BUT the SCW World Bombshell Champion? Sweetheart, are you really that foolish? Isn’t it only a matter of time before I finally pin you and shut you up for good? Isn’t it about time before you realize the one little hurdle you couldn’t clear away causes you to stumble? I’m sure in my abilities that I am that stumbling block, Melody. The glass is certainly looking half-full.

Now your boyfriend can say whatever he wants. He can say the other Bombshells are scared of you, he can say we’ll go after the other titles just to avoid having to face you. And you know what, that’s fine. You can bring James to Climax Control this weekend. I want him there. He could watch our match from the comforts of his personal dressing room, but where’s the fun in that? He should really be at ringside so he can have an up close personal view of the real World Bombshell Champion, Mercedes Vargas. I want him to see the smile on my face before my arm is raised. Hope he takes a good picture of that moment. It will last longer.
“A lot longer than your title reign will be.”

[Mercedes pauses, then smiles.]

“First defenses are always the hardest, and for good reason. So you were right to start second guessing yourself on Twitter when you found out our names appeared on the card. No one can challenge you like I can. I’m going to be the pin to the balloon of your title reign and we’re really see Melly go POP! Yeah, I’m thinking “Hot Stuff” and Christian should have really thought this through.

As a matter of fact, I can’t wait for this weekend when you’re in front of your fans so they can witness for themselves how miserable your life is going to be at the end of the night when you are staring up at the lights and watching me leave the NEW World Bombshell Champion. After all, seeing me with gold at this event might as well become holiday. Since you like facts so much, Melody, you probably already know that I’ve been a champion at Blaze of Glory three years in a row and, well, who likes breaking tradition, right? Right.

On Sunday, Melody, I’m looking forward to giving you the fight of your life just like before and I’ll make sure that your first defense will be your last. There was something you said a few weeks back when you said that winning the World Bombshell Championship was only reaching the base, that you still needed to climb the summit. Sweetheart, you’ve worked the better part of two years for that title. You’re already there. And, yeah, it’s true what they say: It really is lonely at the top, but it doesn’t have to be.

Because you won’t be alone.

[Mercedes shakes her head side-to-side, as a thin smile shows up on her face.]

I’m going to meet you at the top of that summit...

And then I’ll be the one to kick you back down.

[***Fade***]

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)