Author Topic: BLACK SHEEP (c) vs IGNORANT DISCORD - Mixed Tag Team Championship  (Read 1792 times)

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
Post all roleplays for this match here.
Limits: 1 roleplay per week, per character, 5,000 limit.

Good luck!

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline Jet City

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Kyle Kavanagh
Re: BLACK SHEEP (c) vs IGNORANT DISCORD - Mixed Tag Team Championship
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2021, 01:53:51 PM »
More Important Things
Jet City South - San Diego
OFF-Camera

Coby was swamped. In just under a month he had gone from feeling like he was on top of the world, to feeling like he was being crushed by the weight of it. Kris had basically checked out as a partner in the gym from the moment he lost his championship to Jack Washington. That laid all of the work on Coby’s shoulders, on top of currently competing in multiple companies. The Mixed Tag Team Champion couldn’t help but feel like his balancing act was about to reach its catastrophic conclusion. He was exhausted mentally. His in ring work had been slipping, and he could see things starting to fall through the cracks. Instead of enjoying where he was in life, he was busy constantly running from one problem to the next without time for the adrenaline to wear off in between. He had only tried to escape to his office to close his eyes and be able to take a deep breath for what felt like the first time in months. However, just as soon as his back hit his chair, the door to the office burst open without warning. At this point, Coby was too worn down to even react to it.

Court: We need to talk!

She was starting to be as demanding as Ruby was around the gym. There was more to that story going on than Coby had time to try and wrap his head around, but so far he didn’t like the impact they were having on each other.

Coby: As long as it doesn’t involve me moving from this spot… fine.

She had probably expected more of a fight. The way she burst through the door made it seem like she didn’t expect her voice to be heard. Coby was hoping that responding in a level-headed way would bring her back down closer to his level.

Court: Okay…. I know that you have a lot on your plate now with Kris back in Seattle...

Coby’s expression changes and he sits up slightly in his chair.

Coby: He’s not back in Seattle. What gave you that idea?

Now it is Court’s turn to be confused. She struggles to find the words, first pointing at Coby with the rage she showed in her entrance to his office starting to boil back up.

Court: You said he wasn’t available.

Coby nods.

Coby: So you just assumed that he was gone?

If this was some kind of game, Court didn’t look like she was enjoying playing along with it.

Court: What else would unavailable mean? He promised the girls he would go back after he lost the championship. I haven’t seen him.

Coby smiles, and gives her a shrug.

Coby: You’re not looking hard enough.

He opens his eyes and looks past her to the corner of the room behind her. She tracks his eyeline and turns. The side of the room was blocked from her view on the way in by the door that she had thrown open. However as she turned she could see why Coby was poking fun at her. Laying back in a crescent shaped chair was the former SCW World Heavyweight Champion, Kristopher Ryans. He had been missing in action for weeks, but apparently hadn’t ever left. There was a pair of noise cancelling headphones on his ears, and sunglasses dark enough to be completely opaque and large enough to cover a third of his face over his eyes. She couldn’t tell if he was awake or sleeping, but there was a hotel “do not disturb” sign hanging around his neck.

Court: What the fuck…?

Coby laughs, but it sounds like it comes from a place of frustration. It had been the same question he had been asking himself for weeks. Kris hadn’t said much. He had gone back and forth to Seattle a couple of times, but most recently had been posted up exactly as he was now. There was no point in bothering him. Coby learned that the hard way, but that wasn’t information that he was going to give Court.  Kris had only said one thing to him in weeks.

Coby: He said he was going on a vision quest.

Court shakes her head and takes a step towards the Grand Slam Champion.

Court: I don’t know or care what that is supposed to mean.

As fun as it would have been to watch Court learn the same hard lesson that he did by trying to bother Kris, Coby didn’t have the energy for it.

Coby: I wouldn’t do that. Only because it’s not going to be helpful at all to mess with him. He’s just going to make you regret it, and he’s not going to help. That’s why I’ve been going it alone. I’m starting to think that I can’t do it anymore.

Court stops in her tracks, but doesn’t take her eyes off of Kris.

Court: That sounds like something that he should be helping with. Or maybe even trying to help me like he said he was going to. He’s supposed to be the leader of The Black Sheep, right? He’s supposed to run this gym. He can’t just check out.

Coby disagreed.

Coby: Oh he can, and he has. Unfortunately that means all of the gym stuff falls on me. If that is what you are mad about, I get it. I’ve been stretching myself too thin. If it’s Black Sheep stuff, it looks like we are on our own. I haven’t seen Mikah lately…

Court shrugs.

Court: I gave up on her helping me. She is busy playing her own games. Kris said he had my back this time though. I don’t have time to wait on him to figure out the secret of being or whatever the fuck this is….

She points back at Kris, but turns her attention to Coby instead. He was right. There was no point in bothering Kris. If he didn’t want to help, he was just going to be a nuisance. She didn’t have time for that. She needed to get to work now, and Coby needed help too.

Coby: Look, we got into this together. Both of us knew that there was a chance that it was going to fall apart. It did last time around too. That doesn’t mean we can’t still help each other out. You want to figure out what is going wrong in the ring, I can help you with that, or at least I can try. It’ll give me an excuse to put some extra time in.

Court couldn’t help but take the opening that he gave her for a joke at his expense.

Court: Yeah, you’re record’s going to look more like mine soon enough.

Coby sits up a little and politely disagrees with her.

Coby: In SCW it’s just one bad outing so far. I think I have time to get things turned around.

Court shrugs, not willing to let him off the hook.

Court: You're in the opener! I'm on a losing streak, and still halfway up the card! And I won Blast from the Past the first time I tried. You didn’t. I think that cancels out you being a champion.

Coby doesn’t back down so easily though.

Coby: Yeah well, I have successfully defended a championship for SCW, and you haven’t pulled that one off yet. So I guess we both have some room for improvement.

Court moves back across the room back towards Coby’s desk.

Court: Well, you need to get better working in the ring with your partner and she’s not around. Who better to stand-in for her than the person she trained? I help you. You help me figure out what I’m doing wrong.

Every molecule in his body begs him to just rest in the chair, but Coby fights that feeling. Court was right. There wasn’t any time to rest. They were on their own, but that didn’t mean they had to start giving up.

Coby: I’ll meet you down there in five minutes. Find a few of the students willing to step in the ring with us.

Having come through the gym already, Court knew that the best team they could put together wouldn’t help Coby prepare for what was ahead of him in his next championship defense.

Court: Of the ones that are here? Are you thinking like five or six of them? Because finding a pair isn’t going to make us break a sweat.

Coby didn’t seem threatened at all.

Coby: As many as want the chance...

==========================================================

>Dominant.

It’s the one word that describes The Black Sheep since we made our return to the ring last year. We have outclassed every team they have put in front of us. And yeah, the elephant in the room is still that Kris Ryans was the one originally holding this belt, but nothing changed when he handed it to me. Mikah and I were able to retain our championships, and The Black Sheep put down another challenge.

...but there’s something that I don’t quite understand….

The Black Sheep have broken records with these championships. We have held them for more consecutive days than any other team. We even passed up London Underground’s combined days. We have done it without losing a single match as a team, no matter which configuration of us are sharing a ring. This team is undefeated. As champions, we have rarely even been adequately challenged by the duos thrown at us. We have defended in a match involving Swamp Thing. We have beaten lethal lottery teams, as well as anyone that has called us out. There is no other way to look at it other than absolute domination of this division, and I’m not trying to say that to be discouraging to the rest of the roster. I am not saying it to brag.

I’m saying it because it feels like nobody else is seeing it. People will complain about the fact that Mikah throws herself at Mark on a weekly basis. They will be snarky about the fact that Kris Ryans handed me this championship when he won the World Heavyweight Championship. They will even talk about how dominant Wolfslair was for most of last year. What they don’t mention is The Black Sheep. What they don’t mention is the fact that Mikah, Kris and I have only lost a handful of matches COMBINED since returning over a year ago. Mikah and I got knocked out of our Blast from the Past teams, and Kris lost his championship to Jack. Other than those setbacks, the three of us have been unstoppable. We have done nothing but win since the moment that we came to Sin City, and yet we are all afterthoughts.

We show up, do our jobs, and somehow none of it is good enough. Somehow we are never quite rated in the same league as the teams who came before us, even after we shattered their records. No matter what we do, it doesn’t matter. For some reason, this team gets relentlessly overlooked, even while people run from this division instead of taking us on. Our last challengers didn’t even understand the rules to the division, and had never teamed together before. That is the quality of competition willing to step up against us. At least this time Teddy and Kate might actually be on the same page.

...but the cycle continues. Nobody actually in this company wants a shot at the Mixed Tag Team Champions. Instead we have to bring people in from the outside, and this time one of those people is Kate Steele. She’s someone that gets to see what Mikah and I can do firsthand while she is around Jet City South. They weren’t a team that worked their way through the ranks of the division to challenge us though. Mostly because there are no ranks to work through anymore. Instead, they just show up on the scene and ask for a shot. That seems to be how things work around here these days. And since there is nobody else left in this division, Mark and Christian gave them their opportunity….

...as the opener of a Supercard.

...the afterthought position….

Because this is what they think about us. They think a match involving a troll is worth more than the Mixed Tag Team Championships. Every Underground championship made it further up the card. The fans must have been clamoring for a match between Lincoln Daniels and Bill Barnhart, because that managed to slide almost to the middle of the card. Yet, the undefeated, record breaking Mixed Tag Team Champions aren’t even in one of the top 20 matches on this card. Twenty other matches are considered more important than this one. That is how you treat champions that have held onto the titles for nearly 200 days? That’s how you treat a duo that is undefeated? Am I wrong to feel insulted? I am not usually the guy to complain, but I feel like Mikah and I are far removed from the place that we deserve to be in. If that’s how it’s gonna be, then what’s the point? This isn’t what either of us came back to do.

...and I’m not taking shots at Todd and Kate. I know that people like J2H have made Todd out to be a joke, but the guy isn’t awful in the ring. He is a former champion, and has done more as a competitor in this company than a lot of people get the chance to do. He didn’t become moderately successful by accident. It wasn’t a fluke. And Kate is amazing. Everyone knows that. She works with us at Jet City, and has always been a dangerous in-ring talent. If she wasn’t, Jet City never would have hired her to work with the new students. The fact that we have a partnership with her speaks for itself. I won’t sit here and run either of them down for the sake of ratings for a fight that clearly nobody cares about.

What I will do is show up, carry my Mixed Tag Team Championship down to the ring, and defend it to the best of my ability. I won’t waste my time with the rest, because it doesn’t seem like anyone is investing any time in us. 

That’s What’s Up!

Offline Kate Steele

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • "The Nurse" Cynthia Warren
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2021, 11:14:19 PM »
Long Island, New York
Band Practice

We journey back in time to the year 2008. We are taken to what looks to be a rundown recording studio. The band that Kate and Todd were both in at the time Eternal Suffering had rented out the space for the evening. Kate Steele was only 17 years old. She was fresh from graduating high school and out of the psychiatric ward from attempting to commit suicide. She and the man who had prevented her from committing suicide in the form of the 21 year old Todd Warren were the first to arrive to practice. Kate served as the rhythm guitarist for the band and Todd was the drummer. Todd smiled as he glanced over at his raven haired EMO girlfriend. Kate held her guitar in her hands as she offered a slight giggle at her boyfriend. She spoke out to him.

“Are you sure you are okay with all of this?! I know this place is rundown but I guarantee that we will make some good music together. Don’t mind the band being late…This is just how they are…It’s a bunch of bollocks that everybody can’t be on time for this…”

Todd smirked as he looked back at the girl.

“Relax there really isn’t a rush. Plus you have to understand for most of my life I am used to things being dictated by CP time?!”

“Bloody hell what is CP time…”

Todd laughs as he looks back at her.

“Colored people time… You will understand when you get used to this country. Let’s just say that my culture has a habit of not being on time for ANYTHING. You won’t believe how many thanksgivings we had to wait for my Aunt! I was told I couldn’t touch any food until everybody came over. It would be HOURS before she came over. That’s what CP time means. Enough about that though. This is really fantastic. Just the fact that I can spend time with you is important to me…”

Kate nods her head with a grin.

“I know and I feel the same as well… Although I don’t want you to feel as if things are completely weird especially seeing as the bass player used to be my boyfriend. Tyler Black and I used to be an item until one day my sister fucked him to get back at me…”

Todd smiles as he rises up out of his chair and walks over to her.

“Like I said don’t worry about anything. It’s honestly fine with me. I am just happy that I can spend time with such a pretty girl. I know you feel as if I saved your life from those train tracks and gave you a new perspective on life.  The reality is I just couldn’t let a pretty little girl throw her life away. You are way too young for any of that. You just graduated high school and you have an entire life ahead of you… You didn’t deserve to pass away because you felt things weren’t great at home…”

“You just don’t understand… My sister Samara beats the hell out of me… It really is so annoying. My parents act like they don’t even know what’s going on and instead of trying to help me they rather try to buy my happiness. To be honest I don’t even know if I like being in America. I understand that father made major moves for Steele Industries and I have an unlimited trust fund but I miss being in England. I miss my mother’s family in Scotland… I rather be spending time with my nan in London but these five years of being in this country have been horrible… There hasn’t been anything good…”

Todd smirks as he walks over to her and looks into her eyes.

“Don’t say that… You could be feeling this way in just about any place. You need to understand that the USA is the land of the free. It’s the place of opportunity and you can be just about anything you put your mind too… Now surely whatever your sister did to you I know you can put it behind you and focus on your dreams and aspirations…”

Kate thinks about it for a few moments as she looks back at Todd.

“To be honest I do have one dream. I want to be a big music star. I want to sell out arenas especially the Madison Square Garden. If I could just accomplish that I would say it’s a dream come true… I doubt it will ever happen… Just look at me I am merely a rhythm guitarist for basically what is a garage band. We aren’t going to go anywhere beyond where we are now…I would like to sing vocals but Eric refuses to share the microphone…”

Todd nods his head smirking.

“Those are big dreams and I am going to help you accomplish those dreams. You deserve to have your dreams come to pass and one day you will get what you want. You just need to apply yourself. I had a dream as well… I wanted to get married and the night that we met is the same night that my fiancée threw the engagement ring back in my face. I wanted to pull the plug on life but something caught my attention…”

Kate raises her eyes in return.

“And what would that be exactly?!”

“Well that would be this amazing beautiful EMO girl who is really spunky. Granted sometimes she feels like she wants to pull the plug on life but I love her aspirations. I love her lifestyle and I find the EMO look to be highly attractive. Kate you have gave me new meaning at life and I am happy to be by your side. It will be up against the world and I am happy to be along for the ride…”

Kate hugs her Todd as tightly as possible.

“Wow you really see that much in me?! I appreciate it… I just wish I could see that in me…”

“I do and we will get there together… Not only will you be an amazing guitar but you will be front and center. You are going to have your own band baby, and will have so much more than just that!”

“You seem eager to see me accomplish my dreams but you really shouldn’t give up your own in order to make me happy…”

Todd nods his head.

“I just want to get married… That’s all I want out of life. My big brother Jimmy is married to this amazing woman named Cynthia. The two of them are trying to get into the medical field and they are doing it together. The way they act towards one another is amazing and I want that. Who knows maybe one day the two of us might be connected on a deeper level and we could possibly be married…”

Kate raises her eyes in return.

“Yeah… I don’t see me as the wife type… We shall see though… Let’s just maybe jam out and wait for these fools to finally show up to practice…”

Kate begins to slowly strum away at the guitar and it isn’t a long before Todd comes in on the drums. They sound great together. It’s a perfect sound. Things are good until the door to the studio opens up and we can see a woman emerging right through the door. That woman happens to be none other than Stephanie Sanderson but better known by that of her maiden name of Sullivan. Stephanie smiles as she walks right over to Kate.

“Oh my God Kate how have you been?!”

“I would be much better if your husband and the rest of the band showed up on time…We should have been playing already. How can we make music if we don’t make the most of our time…”

Stephanie shrugs her shoulders as she shakes her head with a sigh.

“It’s whatever… Honestly I feel like you all should move on beyond Eric. I know he is my husband but I just don’t feel it. Sometimes it’s like he’s cheating on me with Ginger… I want to be the supportive wife but it’s hard when he just goes about with that little redheaded slut…”

Kate glares angrily at Stephanie.

“That’s not right… We should do something about it. “

Stephanie nods her head.

“Well worse comes to worse I will knock that Bitch out… I am a trained wrestler. It’s not like she will be able to overpower me. I will beat her senseless just like my best friend taught me to do…”

“You never told me you were a wrestler?! Isn’t that like barbaric and you get bloodied and what not?!”

Stephanie smiles as she looks back at Kate.

“It can get to that point…You just have to be humble and be disciplined to the craft. I know I should really fight back but maybe this is karma especially considering what I did to my best friend…”

Kate rolls her eyes.

“And what exactly did you do, sorry for asking we normally don’t really talk with the exception of the hi and byes of seeing you accompanying your husband to his practices…”

Stephanie shrugs her shoulders.

“I slept with her husband and ended up getting pregnant…
user posted image

user posted image

Offline Mikah

• View Profile
    • Mikah
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2021, 11:54:51 PM »
Ghosts of me.
Date: 3/22/2021
OFF CAMERA

Examining her past was never something that Mikah really enjoyed doing but sometimes, it was inevitable. As she sat in her suite at the Cosmopolitan after locking herself away for a week with an unnamed person, she was feeling extra pensive at the moment. She never really examined her reasons for the toxic relationships she had been in in her past and she wasn’t entirely sure why she was thinking about it now.

She never really understood why her brain worked the way it did but somehow, it just brought up things that she wished would have stayed in the past. Things that she didn’t even really care to think about but somehow, it just did.

;;MIKAH “I don’t want to see you.”

She looks at the figment of her imagination but in front of her stood Alexander Fabb, her first husband and her first ex husband. She wasn’t entirely sure that the man was actually still alive or not as she hadn’t checked on him in ages. She wasn’t entirely sure that her marriage to him could even be considered a marriage. She used him to get high years ago and she was sure he used her for sex. It worked even when it didn’t work. She knew that he was often in and out of rehab back then and she had grown up and gotten out of that party life to become who she was today.

AF: “I’m not the one that brought me up, toots. This is all you.”

She frowns at him, not sure what he meant by that but she just looks at him again, studying his face. He didn’t look any older or any different than the last time that she saw him.

;;MIKAH “Why would I bring you up, Alexander? That makes no sense, you…mean and meant nothing to me.”

She looks at him and he just smiles at her before shrugging his shoulders at her.

AF: “If I meant nothing to you, I wouldn’t be here right now, sweetheart. So, did you miss me?”

She shakes her head no at him.

;;MIKAH “Absolutely not.”

And she didn’t, which was what made her so confused as to why he was actually here in person. He was a part of her history she liked to pretend didn’t exist at all.

AF: “That’s a shame. I missed you.”

She rolls her eyes at him.

;;MIKAH “Right. Again, why are you here? You were a part of my life that doesn’t exist anymore. I never think about you or that you used to be the one that I went to for a fun time and nothing else.”

He raises an eyebrow at her.

AF: “So, I was a fun time? That’s great news, Miks.”

She resisted the urge to smack him as he smirked at her. She could remember just how annoying he’d been years ago. And her memory seemed to bring that up full force.

;;MIKAH “Drugs could make anything fun, Alexander. I’m betting they’d even make me like Mark Cross, given the right one that is.”

She looks at him, eyeing him over before she crosses her arms over her chest. She didn’t understand the whole situation going on but somehow, she wasn’t too worried about it.

AF: “Sounds like he’s a great guy to be around. But enough about that, why do you think that I’m here? This could be a long day if you don’t really talk about it.”

She looks at him and sighs before running her fingertips through her long blonde locks. She looks at him, studying his face as he looks at her with his eyes full of wonder.

;;MIKAH “I really don’t know, okay? I don’t even know why I’m imagining this things.”

She throws her hands up in the air and lets out an exasperated noise before looking at him again. It didn’t really take her too long to realize that she always created a pattern when it came to her personal life.

;;MIKAH “You’re the one that started my pattern….of dating or whatever you want to call it. You weren’t my first, clearly. But you were my first husband, legally. It wasn’t even a marriage that either one of us cared about. Not really, just an opener to what would be my life. Just like my match is going to be on Sunday.”

She looks at him.

;;MIKAH “I don’t hate you, you know. Not really. You just brought out that side of me back then but I don’t think that I could ever really hate you. You never did anything that would generate that type of feeling from me.”

She watches as he grins at her before he vanishes before her eyes and is soon replaced with Troy Hart. She blinks as she looks at him before feeling a pang in her chest. He could have been the one for her and probably should have been the one for her but she couldn’t handle it. She couldn’t handle the way he was nice to her all the time.

;;MIKAH “Troy…”

She looks at him, a sort of sadness in her eyes as she studies his face. She didn’t feel anything but guilt and sadness toward him.

TH: “Mikah…”

She knew that he wasn’t actually there and she knew that he was probably married with kids of his own by now and had that adoring family that they had at once talked about.

;;MIKAH “I..don’t know what to say to you.”

She didn’t either. She never knew how to handle him even though there wasn’t much that she could say to him that would matter anyways; he wasn’t real.

TH: “Say anything you feel that you need to say…”

He was always kind to her and it proved that he would be that way to her inside of her mind. She smiles at him, tenderly as tears are brought to her eyes.

;;MIKAH “I’m sorry, Troy. I’m so sorry…”

He reaches out and wipes a tear away from her face and she looks at him with a tender look in her eyes. He just smiles at her.

TH: “For what? You didn’t really do anything wrong..”

She smiles at him for a moment, thinking back about how their relationship had been. They’d tried twice but it never could last after everything.

;;MIKAH “Everything. Everything that we went through because of me. Because of my eating disorder that I couldn’t control or handle…”

She looks down at her knees before uttering the next words.

;;MIKAH “The miscarriage…”

It wasn’t something she liked to talk about or even think about but she knew that it had happened. And she really couldn’t blame anybody but herself. And she had for several years.

TH: “You know that that wasn’t your fault, right?”

He was always so tender and sweet with her.

;;MIKAH “But it was, Troy. I was still wrestling and still starving myself and throwing up what I did it to maintain a figure that was way too skinny anyways. You can’t say that it didn’t have some sort of damaging effect on the baby, Troy. And I’m so sorry that I couldn’t just…let you love me. I had walls built upon walls and I just…I couldn’t let you in the way that you had let me in…”

There were many regrets that she had when it came to her previous relationship with Troy. But the miscarriage was the one that always sat heavily on her mind.

TH: “I don’t think it effected the baby at all. And I don’t blame you for it, and you have to stop blaming yourself. You have two beautiful children right now and that’s great.”

Leighton had loved Troy as well and Mikah ripped her out of his life without any thought about the way it would have effected her. She watches as he starts to fade as she feels that pain starting to slip away. She smiles at him before blinking when The Jerk is sitting in front of her.

;;MIKAH “I definitely have no words for you.”

But yet, he still didn’t disappear from her sight.

The Jerk: “That’s funny. You always did when we were married; always starting stupid fights because SCW was always more important.”

She rolls her eyes at him.

;;MIKAH “I mean, it was. And you only resented me because of my success in SCW when you couldn’t get anything going for you.”

She knew that this interaction wasn’t going to be pretty at all.

The Jerk: “Right. Because we always have to fight about that. Your success over my failure.”

;;MIKAH “It’s the one thing that was always standing in our way, was it not? You couldn’t stand that I was one of the top champions in the company and you were nothing more than a jobber. It ate at you and bothered you so much that you had to make our marriage miserable because of it. It’s no surprise that I hated coming home when we were married and much rather would stay on the road.”

He laughs and she just rolls her eyes at him.

The Jerk: “You will never take responsibility for why our marriage ended, will you?”

She rolls her eyes.

;;MIKAH “Sure, blame me. I don’t even really care anymore. Can you just go away? I don’t even like you.”

She stares at him and relaxes once he finally disappears from her view. She relaxes before seeing Drake Green sitting there in front of her. She smiles at him and reaches out and touches his face, gingerly.

;;MIKAH “I don’t mind seeing you…”

She admits softly to him. They barely saw each other now and only when they had to when they were talking about Myles and all that

DG: “That’s good, seeing as we share a child.”

She smiles at him before looking him over.

;;MIKAH “You know, you’re the one relationship I fully expected to last until the end. I’m sad that it didn’t.”

She watches him before she looks down at her feet. She had always hoped that she would have stayed married to Drake longer than she had.

DG: “Me too, honestly.”

She smiles at him.

;;MIKAH “At least we got Myles out of it. He’s such a great kid, Drake. I wish…that he could have two parents together because he deserves it. He’s almost two years old and he’s so smart. I think he’s going to be like you….”

She smiles at him and he smiles back at her.

DG: “Nah. I think he’ll be more like you.”

She shrugs her shoulders.

;;MIKAH “I guess we’ll see, won’t we. I miss you, sometimes. Most of the time….”

She wasn’t even sure if he thought of her anymore or at least in that way. And she knew that their divorce was the right thing because she didn’t want to create a toxic life for Myles and wanted him to be better than the two of them and he couldn’t do that with their history.

DG: “I miss you too.”

She smiles at him before watching as he vanishes from in front of her just like the others and is replaced with Kristopher Ryans. She just stares at him, looking him over as he sits there with an expectant look on his face. She didn’t even really have anything to say to him; their “relationship” wasn’t real and was only an affair. She didn’t think that it was going to be something that was going to last but even when they had been sneaking around, she felt that it was more real than any relationship she’d been in. Healthier than any of the previous relationships she’d been apart of.

;;MIKAH “I’m not doing this. I’m not talking to you.”

She stands up and turns to walk away from him, not caring that she’d spent the time talking to the others. But she didn’t want to talk to him about anything anymore. She wasn’t sure where that came from or why that emotion was brought out in her when she thought about talking to him. But it was there.

A New Canvas
Date: 3/26/2021
ON CAMERA

”The opening match to Blaze of Glory features the Mixed Tag Team Champions taking on Ignorant Discord which consists of Kate Steele and Todd Warren Steele or whatever it is he goes by. Now don’t ask me why this match is the first on the card because it really makes no sense.

It shouldn’t even be the first match of the night but it just shows how little that the mixed tag team championships are thought about. And if Coby and I weren’t even the champions, I doubt that either of us would be booked on the card. Is this because of that stupid tournament? Definitely. I’ll put all the blame on that silly tournament that I stupidly decided to sign up for again. Because it always tries to take away the spotlight from the superstars and bombshells that compete weekly and bi-weekly for their spots on the shows and supershows of SCW. Is it a fun tournament? Sure, if you get a partner that is worth a damn. But sometimes, the odds are stacked against you. After all, why wouldn’t they be? This is Vegas.

But that’s neither here nor there. Not really as my focus isn’t on that silly tournament anymore. Because Coby and I are booked in a match that will be here before we know it. And do I even seem to care about it? Not really. I know that seems selfish and careless to admit but it’s the opening match without much thought put into it. I bet if you asked anybody who the Mixed Tag Team Champions are, they wouldn’t be able to tell you because the Mixed Tag Team Championships aren’t promoted like the Bombshell Championship or the Heavyweight championship. Or even the roulette championships of each division. And I really think that the mixed tag team championships should be higher ranked than the roulette championships. But I digress.

I shouldn’t be focusing on the way that people view the championships and how they’re ranked amongst people because that will not get me anywhere on Sunday. Kate and Todd aren’t going to be worried about the way the championships are ranked; no they’re going to be concerned with taking the championships from Coby and myself. And you know what?

They might be the ones to actually do it. We all know that Kate is talented in that ring. She’s beaten me before and hell, she’s got a record that’s pretty impressive when it comes to the ring. But she’s also a very busy woman and I’m thinking that maybe she’s taken on a little too much when it comes to juggling things in her life. How can she be focused on her band, her niece, and the match all at once? Sure, she can compartmentalize but it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to realize that maybe she has bitten off more than she can chew.

I’m sure she will bring up my little rendezvous with the boss because why wouldn’t she? It’s an easy thing to pick apart. It’s an easy thing to have a go at and it’s really the only thing she has to go at recently. The last match I was in? It wasn’t even my fault that we lost. It was my partner in the tournament that took that loss for us, so really I’m still technically undefeated. I haven’t been pinned in that ring since my return, so I’m going to continue to say that I’m undefeated because it’s technically true. And while Kate is good in the ring, I’m that much better than she is. And I can’t wait to prove it on Sunday. I can’t wait to show her the new Mikah; the Mikah she didn’t really get to face years ago when my heart wasn’t really into it.

I know that there’s also going to be rumblings about how Coby and I haven’t teamed together in a long time because of this tournament. And that’s also true. Can I tell you what he’s been up to? No, absolutely not. Can he tell you what I’ve been up to? Nope, absolutely not. Does he even know where I am? No. But does that mean that it’s going to affect the way that we team together? No. Because Coby knows that on Sunday? I’ll be there to back him up no matter what’s going on in my personal life or his. And that’s the basis of how a team should work. We shouldn’t be worried about how often a team works together in a match, but really on the fact of whether they can fully trust one another when it comes to showing up and competing in a match. And I always show up, even if I don’t want to.

I have complete trust that Coby has all the tools to beat Todd. And while Todd’s a complete idiot on Twitter and as a person, he’s not somebody that Coby is going to take lightly. Coby knows he has to take his opponents seriously and I have no doubt that on Sunday, he’s fully prepared to do just that. I really don’t have much to worry about when it comes to Todd; he can’t physically touch me in that ring and that’s just fine with me. I wouldn’t want scum like that to be able to lay a finger on me.

It still baffles me that Kate is married to such scum but hey, you do you, Katie girl.

The point is, Sunday is going to be the deciding point on what happens next in my life. And I’m going to start with a blank canvas on Sunday. It’s going to be a new slate and something is going to change. The Black Sheep are only going to be better and come out better from this match win or lose. Because even if we lose, we will have the opportunity to hold the belts again and you can bet that the next reign we have will be even stronger than before.

I’m sure Kate is ready but so am I. I’m not that person that has to be in a gym twenty-four seven to ensure that I can bring all I’ve got to a match; that’s always there. It’s not something that a lot of people have and I understand that. But it has always been something that’s come so easily to me. And I’m going to show Kate just how easily it is for me to get the upper hand when it comes to wrestling.

Just a few short days until we open the show and a few short days until the blank canvas starts again. And I can’t wait to see the wreckage that will entail in any way, shape, or form.

I hope you’re ready, because I most definitely am.

Ciao.”