Author Topic: Trying to get back to winning  (Read 230 times)

Offline Joshua Acquin

• View Profile
    • Joshua Acquin
Trying to get back to winning
« on: April 21, 2017, 09:35:10 AM »
 Joshua is helped to the back by his tag partner and friends after taking the loss.  Once to the back he is sitting in the chair with his head down and hands on the back of his head.  He sits up and looks drained from the match and he tanks the ladies for bringing him back to his locker room letting them know he is going to change so asking them to leave.  After the door shuts he stands up and folds the chair up and starts to slam the chair against the pillar that is in the locker room bending the chair with each hit.

“Why can’t I win one damn match lately.  I just want one win just one.  Maybe I am getting old.  I need to get out of here and clear my head.”

As Joshua leaves the arena he finds a stage hand and hands them a hundred-dollar bill and explains what happened.  He walks out the back door of the arena and puts his bags in the back of the rental car as he drives off the airport.

====

Later in the day he is seen walking through the McCarran International Airport terminal walking to the baggage claim.  As he sits and waits for his bag he is seen by a young SCW fan that sits next to a Joshua that is resting his eyes.

“Hi.”

Joshua is startled by the fan and jumps up out of his seat  shaking his head regaining his bearings.

“Oh hi, is there something I can help you with?”

The girl takes out he cell phone and makes the motion she would like to take a picture with Joshua.  He makes sure he is presentable to have a picture taken as he gets close to the girl and smiles as she takes the picture.

“No way my friends will not believe that I just met Joshua Acquin in the airport.  I thought you were on tour with SCW.”

Joshua shakes his head at her.

“Yes it is me Joshua and I am on tour but I have a week off so I came back home.  Is there anything else you would like?”

A look of thought comes across the face of the girl.

“Well there is one thing you could do and that would be to get me backstage so I could meet Amy Marshal  she is my favorite wrestler.”

Joshua nods his head.

“Yea she is a good person she is like my sister and I will see what I can do.  No promises but I will try my best and at least send her a text to let her know I bumped into a fan.”

She hugs Joshua as she leave and he goes to get his bag that is going around on the baggage claim carousel.  As he is leaving and getting to his car he text Amy and lets her know what happened and sent the picture that the girl sent to him.

=====

After being off the SCW card for two weeks Joshua is sitting in his house when he gets a text from the SCW management team letting him know that he has a match on the 23rd of April in Washington DC and as he sees his opponent he shakes his head.

“Honey it looks like I will be out of town this weekend.  Think you can survive without me?”

Joshua’s girlfriend Catherine walks into the room with Joshua.

“I know I can survive without you for the weekend I have done it before.”

Joshua walks over and gives her a hug.

“Well I have gotten you a ticket to come with me. I would take the jet but it is getting worked on.  I have two tickets to DC and I have booked a suite at the Park Hyatt for the week.  So we could do some sight seeing.  So get your bags packed we are leaving tonight."

====

Joshua and Catherine are in Joshua’s car heading down the Interstate to the airport.  They pull into the long-term parking for terminal one and Joshua grabs the bags and walks with Catherine to the elevators to go down to ticketing.  As they make their way to the ticketing booth Joshua receives a text message that is confirming the suite in the hotel when they get to DC.

“What was that Joshua?”

“Nothing just a text saying the suite is ready when we get there.”

They walk up to the agent and Joshua tells them name and how many bags they are checking in as the agent types on the keyboard and wishes Joshua a good flight.  As they walk away from the counter he walks over to the USO that is in the terminal and shakes the hands to the military members that are there.

“Personally I would like to say thank you to you folks as you are traveling down range or coming back home to your families and I wanted to come over here and let you know that. So please come over with me to this bar so we can have a drink.”

Joshua walks up to the Layover Bar and puts his credit card on the bar and gets the attention of the bartender.

“You see the people coming over here from the USO I am putting all their drinks and food on my card and there will be a $500 tip on top for you.  Make sure they are taken care of.”

A few of the servicemen are in shock over what Joshua said and want to make sure it is ok.

“Yes it is fine also I want to know who is on their way home and I will have my assistant put you and your spouse or better half in a suite for free.”

Joshua gets the names of the ones that are coming back as well as handshakes, fist bumps, and hugs from the people as they are still in shock.  Joshua gets the attention of a passer byer and ask for them to take a picture of them all.  As they are about to take the picture Joshua stops them.

“Catherine get over here you are part of this group too.  Boys this one is mine and that’s one thing I won’t share.  I will let you get a free suite and get food and beer off me but not my better half.”

They cheer as the picture is taken and they exchange numbers so Joshua can text them pictures and keep in touch with the ones that are heading out.  

“Joshua we need to get through security to our gate the line is getting longer and we have less than an hour to get through.”

“Alright sweetheart.”

Joshua turns to the service members and gets their attention.

“Guys thanks again and whatever you want the bartender will get it for you.  Stay safe if you are going downrange and welcome home if you are coming back.”

Joshua waves bye and walks to the security checkpoint for the D gates.

====

Joshua and Catherine land in Washington DC as Joshua gets off and heads to the baggage claim he is stopped by a serviceman walking behind him deboarding the plane.

“Are you the one that paid for the drinks and food for everyone in Las Vegas?”

“Yes I am did you need anything?”

“No I was one of those people and I am still in shock at what you have done.  I have taken it up my chain and they want to thank you for showing hospitality toward us.  They want to get your name and contact information.”

Joshua smiles at the person.

“Funny thing is it isn’t that hard to get ahold of me.  I do own quite a bit in Las Vegas.  But it is Joshua Acquin A-C-Q-U-I-N.”

“Not the SCW wrestler.”

“Yes I am the one and same.”

“Wow I can’t believe the one person that did this was Joshua Acquin SCW’s Nightmare.  What are you doing here?”

“Well I am on tour with SCW and I have a match this week so I came out here early and with my girlfriend to be a tourist out here and see the sights.”

“Wow I am on my way over to Europe then to the Middle East.  My flight doesn’t leave here till tomorrow.”

“Do you need a ride to your hotel?  I know we have room in our rental car.”

Happily the member accepts the kind gestor.  As they get to the hotel Joshua looks at him and ask what kind of room he got and he is told just a standard room.  Joshua walks up to the desk clerk and sees how much it is to upgrade his room and after some back and forth with the clerk saying they don’t have a room for him Joshua leaves the hotel and informs the member that they don’t have an upgraded room for him at this hotel but he was able to get him a suite at a different hotel close to Joshua’s and he booked it for him and the clerk at the hotel is refunding the member for the room that he didn’t use.  Joshua ask the member when his flight leaves so he can pick them up since he has a car and doesn’t think that they shouldn’t have to get a taxi to the airport.

=====

Nightmare plays over the PA system as Joshua comes out to boos from the crowd.  He slowly walks don the ramp mocking the fans as he does.  He finally makes it to the ring and gets in and poses on the turn buckle and grabs a microphone that has been placed on the edge of the ring.

“Well hello to you too Washington DC. Got to love this town.  Sure, I maybe on a losing streak but not as bad as the sports teams here I mean the Redskins can’t make it to the big game sine 1991, the Nationals were the Expos before they came here I mean they had a change as the Expos to win but the players strike ended that.  The Capitals are choking as they always do in the NHL playoffs, I mean how do you come in first place in the league and not sweep at least the first series?  Enough about that I mean I could say how bad the Wizards are and they had the best player in the history of the NBA but nah you already know how bad it is.  I mean I think this city is full of losers with monuments to winners here from the past.  You have the Washington Monument, The Lincoln Memorial, and the National World War II memorial.  My opponent this week thinks that since he beat me before he will beat me again.  Well the man from Jet City forgot one thing that was a tag match where if I remember correct his partner pins mine so he has never pinned me in this ring.  He is a cocky son of a bitch, has no one to back him, thinks he can do it all but in this ring, I will take Kris Halc from one end of this ring to the other.  Hell, I may even take him all around this arena, I do have till the count of 10to get back in, well to get both of us back in.  I don’t like winning via count out but if it is close number one priority is me.  I will send Kris back to Jet City where ever the hell that is.  Maybe it is a state of mind.  Anyway, when I am done with Kris and beat him I will be going to the back and demand a title shot for Lord Raab’s newly won Internet Championship.  So, I will make Kris’ dream turn into a nightmare when I beat him this week.”

Joshua smiles as the fans boo over everything he just said and he puts the microphone back to his mouth.

“Herr Raab Ich hoffe, Sie halten diesen Titel echt fest und polieren ihn, weil ich dafür komme. Du bist vielleicht ein Monster, aber ich bin ein Albtraum, der die Internet-Meisterschaft von dir nehmen wird.”

With that Joshua drops his microphone and walks back up the ramp and disappears behind the curtain to the back.