Author Topic: Who I was, Who I am, Who I'm gonna be  (Read 782 times)

Offline Gabriel

• View Profile
    • Gabriel
Who I was, Who I am, Who I'm gonna be
« on: January 03, 2013, 06:03:27 PM »
 The past...

Hello SCW and hello NWA, my name is Gabriel, SCW fans know this, but NWA fans, my fellow wrestlers and other federations may not. What you're seeing right now, well, hearing is my thoughts, that double as narration, pretty cool, huh? It works, because you now get very up close and personal with who I am. But this little part, it's not about who I am, that bit will come a little later. I know it's tough to instantly jump in to NWA action and have people know who I am, so now we're gonna take you through a few things, about my past. Now, are you sitting comfortably? Good, let me tell you who I was.

I won't mush words with you, I was a crook, a thief, a conman - not just any conman, but the best conman you would have ever encountered, it's true, I was. I'd take the gold caps off your teeth before you even got a chance to see my fingers in your mouth. I used something others did not get a chance to use, I used magic. I had my own code though, don't rob people worse off than me. I guess you could say I was a conman with a heart but still, a conman non the less. Distraction is a beautiful thing. You all get to watch my left hand while my right hand was taking the watch from your wrist. Life does have a funny way of throwing you the odd curve ball. You see, it was dipping my fingers in the wrong pocket that got me on the right path. That pocket belonged to my now mentor, the father figure in my life, the man known as Synn and yes, that is his real name by the way.

Here's how the story goes. I was wondering around the streets of Las Vegas, haven't been in the country more than a day or two and I saw these two men. People flocked to these men, so I figured they had to be high rollers, and what do high rollers carry around? Cash, lots and lots of that sweet cash. Temptation is a bitch so I moved in to the crowd, mixed myself in and while Synn was distracted, put my hand in his pocket and felt the leather. The next thing I felt, not so satisfying, the hand of Synn's big fingers wrapping around my wrist and the glare of he and the other man, a man I come to know as Shane Boswell. That glare could have burned a hole through my skull, but I got free and what can only be described as a scene from a movie, I ran through a crowd being chased by these two burly men. Trash cans went flying, puddles got stomped in, it was not a good night for me, I thought it was gonna get a damn sight worse when they caught me. To say it was a nice surprise when they didn't is an understatement. Synn was impressed with my agility and got me in a wrestling ring. I still kept up the magic, but that was the day the sin of greed was born.

So here I was, in a wrestling ring for the first time opposite this shy, crazy looking guy, with a tattoo on his head and hair that looked like it hadn't been combed in a month, a young man called Joshua. He had a shy yet wild side, it was like he was on another planet. That guy turned out to be the guy I consider now, a brother, Despayre. Funny how things work out. One minute, I don't like him or where he come from, the next, I'd take a bullet for him. Life is odd, eh?

But anyway, I end up in a wrestling ring, in a place called the AWA, two titles in a few months, not bad going for a guy who preferred the art of illusion. The AWA made me and I made the AWA. I ended up on the Las Vegas strip, performing magic in the Luxor, rising fast as an illusionist, making pretty much a million every single week of my life, and in the ring when AWA needed me. I got the AWA more noticed, they got me more noticed, then the shit hit the fan in AWA. Do you know what it's like to get accused of shit by people you've never even spoke to? To be told "hey, you went to this guy about getting rid of the bosses" when the guy I supposedly went to, I've never spoken a word to him in my life. Jealous prick, jealous of my success, jealous of my stardom, jealous because he was and always will be, a nobody. That's when it was time to focus on the magic.

That's what I did, over a year away and opportunity knocked on the door about wrestling for SCW. I wasn't too sure at first, why would I want to? I looked at that contract and the greed kicked in, it kicked in good. I spoke to the main guys and they told me what they wanted to do with me and well, I signed quickly. I was there and back to being wrestler slash illusionist.

Success came quick, I am the first man to ever hold the SCW heavyweight championship. I set the trend, that belt was a virgin title and it became mine, oh the greed overload was amazing. I kicked off my SCW career in style, in massive style. I had the title for a while before I willingly dropped it. Come on, could that guy really beat me? No! He was piss poor in the ring and his promo was god damn awful, but here's me blowing the lid on things, I agreed to drop the title, even though my promo was better than his, the countless messages I had to fend off with the shock of me losing, I lost on purpose, there ya go, whistle blown, suspicions put to rest. I had my eyes on the tag team titles and well, what I want, I get. I had them for eight months, I only lost them a few weeks ago, but has one door closes, another opens. Knock, knock, knock NWA, you are that door that just flew open.

I never took much interest in the NWA, guessed the NWA didn't take much interest in me. It's obvious SCW is the best run place in the NWA, everything always on time in spectacular fashion, but who would have known Sinful Obsession would be pretty much at the top of that list of challengers. Well thank you NWA, you have made things easier, you have indeed softened the blow of losing the SCW Tag Team Championship, because you have given us a new target. When Synn told Despayre and I a couple of weeks back, just where our next adventure would begin, I won't lie, I was surprised, but had the butterflies kick in. I'm representing home, my home, SCW, on an SCW show, with the eyes of the NWA watching, no pressure, eh? I know what this means, this means if we win this, the tag team champions should be very, very worried, because we'll be number one, lose this and everything falls like a house of cards. I can assure you that this house of cards is very solid.

Even without the titles, I've done some solid single stuff too. My feud with Nightmare Sean Williams comes to mind. I'm not one to mince words and I called the junkie bellend out on his drug use on SCW TV and the big baby didn't like it. Oh and federation people, just for the record, never hire this guy or his annoying little friend Brooklyn Carter. You'll thank me for it, biggest drama queens I've ever met. I mean seriously, bitch about how you win a title, bitch about losing a title, constantly quote rappers and start fights on Twitter. Oh, and Brooklyn has a couple of screws loose, the woman had a big title shot, was the favourite to win it, announces she's pregnant and still wants to be in the match! Also don't follow her on Twitter, unless you wanna see her say "Mafia" a lot and talk constantly about eating. Anyway, I'm getting sidetracked again, sorry about that.

Anyway, my feud with Sean, as much as he was an annoying little bitch, turned out to be a kick up the arse for me. Yes, arse, I'm English. I was a whole different kind of trouble, because I wanted it badly, I wanted it to beat him so much, I became a whole different kettle of fish. Reason I'm mentioning this is because when Synn told me about this side trip in to the NWA, I felt that feeling over again. I felt that urge to really lift my game, and prove once more that I am the better man. The NWA will not be getting my B game, the fire was lit when Synn finished speaking.

Away from the ring, I fell in love. People who don't like the soppy stuff, turn away right now with your fingers in your ears saying "la la la la la" for a minute. I met Odette Ryder. The Bubbly Australian bombshell herself had a thing for me, couldn't believe my damn luck. Honestly, this woman could have had anyone and I got the girl, so to speak. She is truly amazing, absolute love of my life. It's been about five months since she kissed me, five months since I've been hooked on her. She really is a huge part of my life. She's a bit pissed right now, some chick who doesn't know what a suntan is, kidnapped her best friend, you'll see her fire off some stuff in the present part of this promo, don't worry, she's not always like that.

I could mention the cars I bought, the houses, all of that, but that's unimportant stuff, but what you should have now learned from my past is that I'm greedy, I get what I want and well, I like gold, I want the gold and EWA will have to bring everything to stop me.

The past turns us in to who we are, don't you agree? Without getting your heart broken, you would never know the signs to stop it from happening again. Without the pain that lift brings, the pleasure wouldn't mean as much. Without the anger, you'd never feel the love. My point to all of this is my past has made me determined. Losing the SCW tag titles broken my heart, but my determination to add the NWA tag team title to my list of possessions, is being driven on by that heart break, it is being driven on by wanting to feel the pain of the past turn in to pleasure.

Now you know that about me, about who I was, it's time to see who I am right now.

The present

Ok, so welcome to my present, and this is my beautiful girlfriend, Odette Ryder. Even when she's pissed off, she's still beautiful

The camera moves around to show Odette Ryder, dressed in work out gear, and fingerless MMA gloves. She stands in front of a punching back, throwing rights and lefts at the bag, varying shots between jabs and hooks. I stand back, my eyes watching her work out her anger.

We're not the only one's with a big match. See, Odette has been mixed up in this rivalry with Misty, but Misty went a bit too far not long ago, kidnapping Odette's best friend

I continue to watch Odette's pace pick up, slamming her hands harder against the bag. The aggression leaks from Odette's body as she pounds harder against the leather bag. I quickly step up behind her, but she swings her arm backwards. I quickly step out of the way and Odette misses me by less than a foot in space. Odette stops, breathing heavy, and looks at me.

"Sorry babe" she says through the intake and exhale of breath "You shouldn't sneak up on me like that"

Her Australian accent fills the room, as I run my hand down her arm, wrapping my fingers around her hand.

"You need to take it easy on that thing" I say quickly "You could break your hand on that thing"

Odette doesn't answer, she just reaches down and picks up a bottle of water.

"I'm serious" I say firmer "The last thing you need is an injury before you get your hands on Misty"

Odette looks at me, venom in her eyes, a side we rarely see.

"Do not mention her name around me!" She snaps "She took my friend and it was my fault!"

I place both my hands on her shoulders.

"It was not your fault" I reassure her "Misty is pretty fucked up in the head at times, she'll do anything to get under your skin, do not let this get under your skin"

Odette glares at me

"How would you feel if someone kidnapped Despy?" She says in a low, dangerous sounding tone.

"Well, they'll give him back after he bites them" I reply with a shrug

"This is not the time for jokes" Odette says sternly

"Who said I was joking?" I reply quickly

Odette releases a long sigh, her hands moving towards my neck. She wraps her fingers around my neck.

"I'm sorry" She sighs "I know you should be thinking about your big match instead of worrying about me, but I need to get Mel back"

I run my thumb down Odette's cheek.

"We will" I reply, trying to install some confidence in to Odette "We will get her back and soon, and than you will have the pleasure of ripping out the eyes of she who won't be named"

Odette pulls me close, resting her head on my chest as I run my fingers through her long hair.

"We're in this together" I reply "Us, The Sins, NXT, we all wanna get Mel back and we will, Despy wants to get his friend back"

Odette looks up at me, her look changing from anger to sadness

"I could have done more to stop this" She says slowly

"No, you couldn't" I reply quietly "She who shall not be named, planned this well. Wouldn't be shocked if the crazy bitch had been planning this for a long time to get at you. She knew the spotlight was all on you, she knew that to get noticed again, she had to go for the big dog, but I am promising you this now, we will get her back, we just need a word with a man who knows how to pretty much get anything he wants"

Odette puts her head on my chest once more

"Don't worry, Synn will come up with something, he always does" I say confidently, but quietly.

"Babe, you should focus on your match" Odette whispers in to my chest, almost making it hard to hear her.

"Don't worry about me, I know what I'm doing. I'm just worried about you. It's my job to make you smile" I reply "If I don't make you smile, than I'm not doing something right, and I hate the thought of that."

Odette half smiles at me as she looks up.

"2013 will be a huge year for us. We'll start it by getting Melody back, than you get hold of she who won't be named, and you kick the living daylights out of her, Despayre and I will take on two of the three members of EWA and beat them. You go on and get a shot at the Bombshell champion and you will win that, and Despayre and I will go on, get a shot at the NWA tag team championships and win those, but we'll do it one step at a time." I inform Odette

Odette squeezes me.

"All that, I promise" I tell her.

Odette nods her head.

"Listen" I start "Why don't you go get out of this work out gear, go put on something pretty. We'll head to Synn's place. We'll have a chat about the best way to get Melody back. Synn is a manipulative bastard and I'm pretty sure this isn't his first rodeo. We'll check on Despy and then me and you will go out, forget all about this for a little while"

Odette nods at me, but looks at me with curiosity.

"Check on Despy?" She asks

"He asked where Mel was, Synn had to tell him" I say in a troubled tone "He's not taking it too well. Melody is one of the few people Despy has let close"

"I didn't think..." Odette starts, but I quickly cut her off

"Yep" I start "He's protective of his friends. You saw what he did when Sean Williams attacked me. Synn told me he isn't handling this as well as he could. That could actually be pretty dangerous to people. Not a lot leave unhurt when Despy is in a foul mood."

Odette's lip on the left side curls down as she looks up at me.

"Ok, let's go" she says.

Odette releases her arms from my neck, but I lean down, kissing her softly on her full soft lips. Odette smiles as she pulls away, biting her lip.

"It will all work out" I tell her

Odette nods at me, not saying a word as she walks away.

So this is the love part of my life NWA. You have to trust me when I say she's an amazing woman, she's just a little weighed down with things on her mind right now, but I still love her dearly. This is currently my present, and she is a huge part of who I am, she makes me wanna be a better person and since I've been with her, hell, since I've known her, I've been a better guy. Now it's time for you NWA fellas to meet my mentor.

A while later, I sit in my black Bugatti Veyron, sitting behind the drivers seat. I glance over at the passenger seat to see my beautiful girlfriend in blue jeans and a tight T-shirt, looking stunning. Both our sets of eyes look up at the mansion before us, the home of my mentor Synn, and his son, the man I consider my brother and my tag team partner, Despayre. I reach down, squeezing Odette's hand in mine, snapping her out of her trance like gaze. She looks across at me with a half smile on her beautiful face. I switch the engine off and look back at Odette, meeting her gaze as she reaches down, unfastening her seat belt. Odette leans over, placing her head on my shoulder. I quickly put my arm around my girlfriends shoulder, resting my cheek on the top of her head.

"Is this the part where Despayre comes screaming out of the house and hugs you?" Odette asks.

I glance up at the strangely quiet front door. Odette was right, but no Despayre was to be seen. I glance back at Odette as I unbuckle my seat belt, looking at her with narrowed eyes.

"You're right" I say curiously

I look back at front door and open the car door. Odette does the same, just opening the car door and stepping out. Both of us shut the doors and walk to the front of the car. Her hand slides in to mine as we walk up the driveway. I reach out my hand and knock on the door, but no answer comes from the other side. I reach my hand down on the handle and push open the door, looking at Odette with lowered brows. We step inside the house. Odette calls out

"Hello? Anyone here?" She asks with her Australian accent filling the hallway.

We step inside, I reach my hand out to lose the door behind me. We walk through the hall and in to the living room to see my mentor, Synn and his housekeeper, Teresa picking up broken furniture. I look across at the carnage before me.

"What happened here?" I ask, catching Synn's attention "You been robbed?"

Synn stands up straight, his wild hair dropping down across his face.

"Not entirely" Synn starts "Joshua did this"

"Why?" Odette asks shocked

"Where is he?" I ask concerned

"I sent him to his room" Synn tells me...

I guess you're probably wondering what happened here. Here's the things about Despayre's promos and my promos. It's part of the reason why we are currently the best tag team around. Our promos always tie in together. If you wanna know what happened here, you will have to watch Despayre's promo for this match. It's just how we do things, it shows off who we are, what we do yet still shows off our link as a team. Come on, who really believes that tag teams are constantly joined at the hip?

Anyway, this is present me. I admit, it looks like I'm not taking this match too serious, but I like to see it as me being very, very calm about it. Right, let's move on shall we? Let's talk future...

The future.

"I can't believe it, Sinful Obsession are now the NWA tag team champions" a male voices is heard saying.

The camera opens up with my eyes dead in the fore shot. Nothing else is seen around me, just my eyes can be seen.

"Hello my friends, I hope thus far you have enjoyed learning about my past, seeing what is in my present but this part, we learn about the future. It's pretty apt considering another cycle has recently been completed, we've gone from two thousand and twelve to two thousand and thirteen. Today's speech is about two thousand and thirteen"

The camera moves away from me just a little, only my face can be seen now.

"Now let's be completely honest. Everyone makes up the bullshit resolutions to please other people. Seriously, they do. The popular one is the 'I'm going to the gym more' or 'I'm giving up smoking' but let's be truly honest with ourselves, it last for about a week and it was only said in the first place to make people say those words 'good for you'. People going in to new years, try to seek approval and two thousand and thirteen will be no different. Only the selective few keep to their word and do what they say they're going to. I am one of those selective few, but I refuse to make the bullshit promises. I already know my two thousand and thirteen will be filled with big moments, but I'm not gonna sit here and seek others approvals for my successes."

I pause for a second

"I'm not one to sit here and say 'I'm gonna try and become one half of the NWA Tag Team Champions'. I'm gonna just go out there and become one half of the NWA tag team champions. two thousand and thirteen for some people, it's about hope. I hope I get that promotion, I hope I can afford that new car, I hope I can find the woman of my dreams, etc etc etc. Hope means nothing without the drive behind it and push things to the limit, to push yourself to get what you, because if not, you'll be saying the same damn thing in twelve months time, but when I look at two thousand and thirteen, I know what I'm gonna get because in honesty, I am that driven soul. I will not see two thousand and thirteen in the same light as I saw two thousand and twelve"

I flick the hair back from my face to behind my ear

"People leave every year as liars, they leave with a whole lot of empty promises, but that's just not me. I'm going to show you all what two thousand and thirteen will hold for me. It holds a new beginning for me, something I haven't done before, a step in to the NWA, somewhere new, somewhere that should scare the hell out of most people. It's a place where your records for your respective federations mean precisely jack shit. This is a place where the best of everywhere come together, and it's taken me a year to come and play in this harsh playground, but with new years come new changes, new promises I aim to see through. My big promise is to compete more here"

The camera steps back, showing the that I'm standing in the middle of a ring, with the NWA logo at the bottom.

"See this is where I'll be spending a lot of this year. In rings like this, away from my home, wrestling all around in pursuit of the illusive NWA Tag Team titles and well, it kicks off on the thirteenth, back in my home territory, Sin City Wrestling against a group I can very much relate to, the EWA"

I walk around the ring in a circle, talking but not directly at the camera.

"You're very much like my own stable, the Seven Deadly Sins, a stable bred with success, a stable that pride themselves on being the best, and as much as I commend Mr Xtreme for his huge win at The Big Bang 2012, I feel that this might just be the year, you realise you are no longer the top stable in the NWA. We've kept pretty quiet, distanced from this place, but now I feel is the time to rise. Two thousand and thirteen is the year the shine comes directly off the almighty EWA."

I tilt my head, looking back at the camera

"The Seven Deadly Sins are looking for a golden year this year, a promise we shall keep and move towards. This first show of the year, will shape things for us perfectly. Rage will become number one contender to the SCW Heavyweight champion, Sinful Obsession will become number one contender to the NWA tag team titles. Failing is not an option. It honestly doesn't matter which two will be stepping up to face the challenge, because the truth is, any combo will fail. Every single fibre of my being is telling me that two thousand and thirteen is going to be a year of NWA gold for us, and it starts with EWA. I know you must have done some homework on us EWA, we appreciate you taking the time out to learn a little something about us, it's not easy to deal with people like us. You see, Despayre is a bit of a wild one, and me? Well, I am the most creative man in SCW, barring none. Whatever you read, whatever you think you know about us, I can assure you, it will not help. When you think you have us down, we get back up, when you think you have us beaten, we flip things around. When you think you've seen it all, we show you something completely different. It's just the way things go with us. This year is going to be full off moments like that, and the EWA are just very lucky to be the first team to see it."

I lean back against the ropes, smiling confidently down the camera.

"I know the EWA are not the only ones watching this one from the NWA ranks, I know The Canadian Connection are keeping a very close eye on this one and so they should because we're gonna make short work of these two and we are coming right for you. You see I'm the sin of greed and I want those tag titles, this is the year I take those tag titles from you. This is the year I scrape my way through whoever it takes to get my hands on them. I feel naked without the SCW belts here, so I'm gonna take yours. Despayre matches my level of commitment here and we will be gunning after those belts. Sadly for the EWA, they are a slight stepping stone towards the ultimate goal of getting in the ring with the Canadian Connection, personally, I don't mind if we have to go play in their own backyard and beat a few more of these NWA guys, we're coming for those titles"

I wave my hand towards the camera, beckoning it towards me.

"This look on my face is not the face of a man who speaks shit and doesn't back it up. I'm sure you get the idea by now that I am making this year, my very own. I am gonna rip it away from all the rest of the people saying they're making this year their own. They had the chance to do that last year, they failed. I will not fail when I say I'm making this one my own. I will take those title, I will take the SCW titles, I will gladly walk around each and every other fed in the alliance and take their titles too. This is the golden year for me, this is the year I do it all. I'm sorry to say EWA, that you can not stop it."

Smoke starts to fill the ring, covering my body up to my neck.

"Believe that!"

A huge flame runs up my body, engulfing my face. The flame drops down to the canvas, my body no longer there, leaving the ring empty as the scene fades to black
>

MARRIED TO ODETTE STEVENS
FIRST EVER SCW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!
FORMER SCW TAG TEAM CHAMPION
FORMER NWA TAG TEAM CHAMPION
@SCWGabriel
#WhatsInYourHead>