Author Topic: Raining Business Cards  (Read 276 times)

Offline Playtime

• View Profile
    • Polly Playtime
Raining Business Cards
« on: February 03, 2017, 10:39:32 PM »
 ~I am quite sure Kate Steele and the people who saw me take her down for a second time will remove the word fluke from their vocabularies when it comes to saying my name.  They should have done that after I defeated her the first time, but c’est la vie, it doesn’t matter.  I proved my point, with that point being that I can prove anyone and everyone wrong.  I am more than just a threat around here.  Right now, I am THE threat.  True Melody Grace won the World Bombshell Championship, but just because she’s top dog doesn’t mean she’s going to stay there.  Now she’s the one that needs to prove that she has the staying power, something I’ve already done and will continue to do with the SCW Bombshell Internet Championship around my waist.~

~Let’s just say there’s a reason for why an announcement will be made concerning my championship at Climax Control this upcoming weekend.  Let’s just say I’m looking for a new challenger to step up and separate themselves from the ranks.  Who will be the one to do so?  I guess we’ll all wait and see.  I hope several get to play the game though as it’ll be more fun to watch one of you bombshells earn the shot, said new number one contender getting all giddy, and said number contender getting all of her hopes up… only to LOSE!~

~But that fun comes soon.  Sunday night I have business to tend to against the aforementioned SCW World Bombshell Champion.  Though I’m used to tending to business, as I’ve had to tend to other business… all week long…~

\'user

Monday, January 30, 2017
San Bernardino, California
Arrowhead Springs Hotel & Spa

~It’s only my first day here and already the paparazzi have been all over me.  It didn’t take me long to figure out that some of the film from Mr. Compton’s game show had leaked and public eyes had indeed seen it.  My eyes immediately narrowed and I walked away from them.  They tried to follow me so I turned around and gave them an extremely cold stare.  That was just enough to get them to back off.  Right now, I’m alone, but I know that isn’t going to last.  Pulling out my cell phone, I know exactly who to call.  Dialing the number is easy.  I have to wait for him to pick up.  He is now though…~

Polly:  â€œOh dad?!?  Stuff from the New Year’s show leaked.  I’m out here in San Bernardino and the media’s been all over me upon my arrival here.  What are you going to do about it?”

Mr. Pingotti:  â€œUgh, he didn’t stick to his promise, did he?”

Polly:  â€œNO!  He knows how I feel about this.  I TOLD him to destroy EVERYTHING!”

Mr. Pingotti:  â€œHe knows how I feel about it too kitten.”

Polly:  â€œPlease dad, don’t kitten me right now.  This is serious!  You know full well I’m in California on business and take down the new Sin City Wrestling World Bombshell Champion a few pegs.  I don’t need to be dealing with this… this… this trash right now!”

~I pace just enough from my original location to see that I’m looking at myself in a hallway mirror now.  My eyes… they look like they can kill.  And rightfully so!~

Mr. Pingotti:  â€œYou shouldn’t have to.  I’ll put out a press release to do as much damage control as I can, okay?”

Polly:  â€œI don’t blame you at all.  But Mr. Compton… the show… I’m DONE dad!”

~He’s not responding to me now.  As much as I know it’ll hurt the rankings, I can’t partake anymore because a boss of mine did not hold to his promise.  He didn’t take care of his greatest asset and he should very much so have to pay for it!~

Polly:  â€œDad?  Look.  If the show ends and you lose your job because of me, don’t worry, my wrestling contract will cover that.”

Mr. Pingotti:  â€œHey.  I can’t take any of your hard-earned money from you.  I’ll be fine though.  I’ll figure out something if that happens.”

Polly:  â€œIf it does, I insist.  I’ll give you some and help you find a new job dad.”

Mr. Pingotti:  â€œOkay, I won’t argue with you.”

Polly:  â€œThank you.  But please dad, please do what you can do, so I can focus on my match.”

Mr. Pingotti:  â€œWill do.  I’ll see you soon.”

Polly:  â€œBye dad.”

~I end the call and round the nearest corner, only to be met by another camera, this one being held by a female.  A male that stands next to her does the talking.~

???:  â€œMr. Brown.  Pleasure to meet you Miss Pingotti.”

Polly:  â€œGreat.  You saw it too.  This is just… ridiculous!”
Mr. Brown:  â€œI’m not here to pester you with questions.  Lord knows you’ve had enough of those thrown at you.  What I AM here for, and I’m glad I ran into you, is that I have a business proposition for you.”

~I can’t help it but to skeptically look at him.~

Mr. Brown:  â€œI help run a modeling agency here in San Bernardino and while yes, I did see the footage that you are referring to, I looked past what you went through, and saw some talent.  You do make a great model and unlike what happened to you, both myself and the modeling agency would respect you.”

Polly:  â€œI am NOT interested, not even a little bit.  Move away.  Leave me alone.”

Mr. Brown:  â€œCan you at least think about it?  I’ll give you my card.  Here.”

~He digs into his suit coat pocket and produces one of his business cards.  I give him my cold icy stare.  He holds out his hand that has the card in it, but I don’t go for it.~

Polly:  â€œNo.  I have REAL and super important business to tend to, Mr. Brown.  It’s called being a champion that loves to show off her meddle, that loves to keep proving everyone else, and that loves putting those that deserve it in their rightful place.  Don’t bother me for another second, otherwise you’ll end up in YOUR rightful place.  And no, that’s not a threat.  It’s a promise!”

~I mean business as I raise my right foot into the air.  Lucky for him, he takes the hint and allows me to pass by untouched.  I quicken my pace, wanting to make it to my assigned room as fast as possible.  I round one more corner and then see the room door that has the number that the clerk at the desk gave me.  I run the key card over the slot and the door clicks, meaning it’s open.  Angrily I open the door and pull my luggage in, almost tripping over thanks to some cards on the floor.  I park my luggage bag and pick every single one up.  Looking at all of them, they are all business cards with phone numbers on them.~

Polly:  â€œGeez Louise!!!”

~All I can do is just simply toss them all up into the air.  I need to do something to take my mind off of things, but going outside of this room is clearly the worst idea in creation.  I lock the door and choose to pick up one of the business cards from the floor… and tape it to the little spy hole that’s in the door, that way no one can see me, AT ALL, especially being the drapes in the room are already drawn closed.  After I’ve done that I honestly feel like just retiring to the bathtub and trying my absolute best to relax and refresh myself.  Heck, I’m the one that deserves that the most out of everyone right about now.~

~I turn now to the bathroom door and just enter, making sure to lock that behind me.  It is here where I slowly strip down, not even looking at myself in the bathroom mirror as I do so.  Being totally naked from head to toe, I reach in and down and turn the water spout on to just above warm.  I carefully slip in to the tub and lie down on my back.  I simply now begin to allow the water to fill right on up, only stopping it once there is enough in, which is just above halfway.  I lean back once again, but even the warm soothing water isn’t helping.  As I look down I see my whole nude body.  It is very easy to see why they’re all after me, but they will not be indulged.  Not a single damn one of them!  No amount of money can sway me either, as to me, it’s not about the benjamins.  I’m not a young woman that can be bought.  Honestly if I can meet each and every person whose names are on those business cards, I’d give them each a piece of my mind, and a swift kick to the nuts, if they have any!~

~I know I turned down Mr. Brown and his offer because I know his mind is probably in the gutter, even though he said he’d respect me.  At least he though had the audacity to make an offer right to my face, instead of hiding behind a business card, and just throwing it underneath my hotel room door, just hoping I’ll call.  Life isn’t like that, especially when it comes to me.  I’m cruel and I crush any hopes that those who oppose me have.  I make them never want to hope again when it comes to seeing my name.  So far all of my opponents who have faced me one-on-one in Sin City Wrestling have felt this fate.  And next up is the current World Bombshell Champion.  Trust me, I’m foaming at the mouth, just ready to take her on and take her legs out from underneath her, putting her down on her knees.  While she’ll still get to remain on her pedestal, at least she’ll realize that her reign at the top could end… just like that.~

Polly:  â€œMmm, that does feel a little better.  Focus Polly.  Eyes on the prize.”

~I can feel myself nodding.  This is what it’s all about.  I’m going to be ready for a war between us champions.  I’m not expecting anything less.~

\'user

Tuesday, January 31, 2017
BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse

~I had to come out of that room today for lunch as I’m starving.  Today has been different so far, as at least I haven’t been approached by anyone.  People have looked and stared though, but I can’t fault them for that I guess.  Clearly I’m a wonder, a young woman that every other woman wishes they could be.  As for the guys, I bet they all wish they could have me and be with me.  But that’s not how it’s going to go.  They will all just have to accept it.~

~Looking around here inside the restaurant it’s extremely busy, which is fine with me, it’ll be harder for me to be spotted.  I keep my head down and I peruse the menu, looking for something for lunch that’ll catch my eye.  So much looks so good though, being I have an empty tummy.  It’s hard to choose.  Sigh.~

~I push the menu aside and pull out my iPhone to see if I have any messages.  None.  Phew, at least no media people have my phone number.  That would be the absolute LAST thing I would need, being called day and night with ludicrous offers that I just don’t want or need.  I am totally happy doing what I’m doing, and that’s competing at a really high level, even though no one expected me to do so.~

~As this thought is on my mind, I am forced to hold it, as a waitress comes by.~

Waitress:  â€œHave you decided on a meal yet Miss?”

Polly:  â€œUmmmm… yeah.  We’re close to the water.  I’ll take the salmon, but unblackened please.  For a drink I’ll stick with the water.”

Waitress:  â€œAlright, I’ll be back with that.  It’ll probably be about twenty minutes or so.”

Polly:  â€œThank you.”

~The moment she leaves my table and goes to the next, I stand up and take my purse, heading outside, being the table’s already reserved for me.  I keep my head lowered as I make my way back out under the cloudy skies.  I head to behind the restaurant, which is basically secluded and look again at my iPhone.  Still nothing in the message department, but now is as good a time as any to give my message to Melody Grace.  She should listen, but even if she doesn’t, the message will be crystal clear after Climax Control.~

Polly:  â€œEveryone knows who I am by now and it seems like all of San Bernardino has shown me that.  One would think I’d be ecstatic that I’ve had that much of an indenture on their lives, but it’s not for the right reasons.  I’ll say this.  I’m not a happy woman right now.  I am looking to be all business when it comes to taking on you Melody in the ring this Sunday.  I’m really looking forward to it as it’ll take my mind off of everything else.”

“Seriously, I have had people flinging questions and comments and business cards right in my face, and that was just on day one of me being here.  But I’m not calling one of those bozo companies back as they’re clearly just looking to make money off of me.  NOT ONE WILL I CALL BACK!  Do you want to know why Melody?  It’s because wrestling is my passion.  I’ve learned so much about it over the last ten years of my life, and what’s made it more special and what’s made it feel more passionate about it, is that I learned from my dad.  He’s been my backbone and now I’ve been set free to do as I please inside the ring.  Ever since I signed on the dotted line I knew I made the right decision.  I’ve solidified that fact.  ME!  And along the way Melody I’ve already defeated both members of the Metal & Punk Connection, along with your Best Hair Friend, Kate Steele.  I didn’t need anybody’s help.  Mercedes Vargas has been vocal about that not being the case, but it’s not my fault that she made enemies that she couldn’t control.”

“Speaking of control, don’t even think for one second that you can control me Melody.  You’re not capable of such a feat.  Nobody is.  If you haven’t seen by now, I do what I want, when I want, and how I want.  I’m here not just to play, and not just to win, but to embarrass anyone who believes that they’re better than me.  And I don’t need any allies to help me do that.  I can do that all by myself.”

~I look around to make sure no one is in viewing range.  Thankfully there is no one around still.~

Polly:  â€œJust like how I’ll be able to defeat you all by myself this Sunday night at Climax Control.  You won’t look like our fearless Bombshell Division leader then.  Instead your face will be buried in the canvas and you will have been the next one to lose to me.  I’m not playing around on that either Melody.  There is a time for work and a time for play, but when I get in that ring, I’m a worker, and I’ve been proving that since the moment I got back from being wrongfully injured by Amy Marshall.  You say I’m wrong and you’ll only be kidding yourself.  You already know that one day I’ll hold the SCW World Bombshell Championship in my own hands, but right now, I’ve been busy desperately trying to fix what Kate was hording all to herself.  The Internet is still in disarray, but slowly yet surely I’m helping to put it on the mend.  I’m not going to allow for there to be naughty pictures of me on the web.  I’m not going to allow all those personal vlog sites to clog up the urls.  And I’m not going to allow you to just spread your propaganda about me!”

“I mean seriously Melody.  You’re calling our fans elephants.  I know you classified me as a mean, bad girl, but you just outright insulted those fans who have cheered for you!  I know I haven’t treated them kindly or anything or reached out to them, but I’m not pretending to like them either, unlike you.”

“I can’t believe you are even saying that you are sharing the SCW World Bombshell Championship with them, because we all know that’s a farce.  Heck, I’m only 21 and young still, but even I can see through that façade Melody.  I bet if the right amount of money was put in front of you, you would turn on each and every single one of them, in a heartbeat!  That’s why I’m never going to put my stock in the fans.  They can cheer me, boo me, hate me, love me, and want to straight up fuck me in their wet dreams, but I’m never going to depend on a single of them, or give them anything they want.  After all, wrestling professionally has been one of my dreams ever since my dad began teaching me wrestling moves and holds.  I’m not going to share my dream with anyone else except my dad and a little bit with my mom.  I mean, how else has anyone helped shape me?  That’s right… not at all!”

~I find myself pausing now, but only to catch my breath.  I don’t need a long one of those, that’s for sure.~

Polly:  â€œMoving along though, you need to know that life is not always rays of sunshine, sweet chocolate, championship belts, and teddy bears.  I understand that.  You were on cloud nine right after you won the World Bombshell Championship at Inception II, but then you were knocked off your feet when your man J2H got ambushed by Drake Green.  So I hope you understand it too!  Not that Drake Green was right in what he did.  It was extremely cowardly, just like the actions of Amy Marshall for one, and Mercedes Vargas for another, being she tried to use a pretty much outdated title shot against me, just because she thought she’d take the Bombshell Internet Championship from Kate Steele.  LOL BACKFIRE!!!”

“Case in point, don’t underestimate me, not even for one nanosecond.  Otherwise the rains will come and wash away everything that you’ve worked so hard for.  The thunder will rumble and the lightning will crack.  This Sunday night it’ll start if you don’t wise up and realize who you are truly up against.  If you haven’t noticed by now that I’m not a soft, plastic doll, I can’t help you Melody.  Just ask Amy Marshall, she can tell you.  Otherwise you’ll just have to find out the hard way in the ring.  Don’t say I didn’t warn you beforehand, because I just did.”

“And maybe after they see what happens to you this Sunday night Melody, perhaps all of those that flocked me upon my arrival here in San Bernardino will flock me again, only this time for all the right reasons.  They’ll realize that I’m not just some beauty that wants to play.  They’ll realize that I’m much more than a potential Playboy cover model.  Instead they’ll see that I am a very dangerous young woman that they want to have in their good graces!  Trust me when I say you want that too.  I’m all for proving ourselves and earning bragging right with a victory over you Melody, but believe you me, you don’t want to get on my bad side.  That’s when playtime will REALLY begin, and you won’t like a single moment of it!  No matter what happens here in San Bernardino this Sunday at Climax Control though Melody, playtime won’t end.  I have already told the world.  Playtime will end when I say it ends!  And it won’t be ending at your hands, that’s for sure.  Yes, you may have won the World Bombshell Championship.  Yes, you feel like you’re the best.  But I’m not thinking like that.  Heck Melody, I’m already looking forward to the next Bombshell that wants a crack at my Bombshell Internet Championship!  I’m looking to be challenged by different faces!  I’m looking to defeat and embarrass every bombshell on this roster by showing them and the world that I’m plain out better than them!”

“You can’t even say all of that as you’re only just drinking in that you finally made it to the top of the mountain.  That cup is going to get empty sooner or later though Melody, especially if you get complacent.  That’s why I’m super glad that I’m facing you this weekend.  I may just be a bad girl to you that holds the Bombshell Internet Championship, but I’m not one that wants to face the weakest competition.  I want the best, so that nobody can doubt me!  And since you say you want it to, well Melody, I’m right here!”

~I pause again and look around the bend to see that some people out on the sidewalk are looking down this way, so when I turn back to my iPhone I quiet myself down some.  But I’m still audible.~

Polly:  â€œI’ll be right here just waiting to silence the female half of the self-proclaimed Golden Couple.  I’m not hating on you either Melody.  At Climax Control, it’s simply business.  You don’t have to worry about me being at my best, because I ALWAYS am at my best in that ring.  I’m always looking to improve and learn new moves that’ll both punish and humiliate my opponent.  I’m not just going to rely on my Polly Pop to defeat you either Melody.  I have more than just that as a finishing move in my arsenal.  I can beat anyone in SOOO many different ways.  It’s all up to me what I choose to do, and how I choose to end your chances of defeating me, the SCW Bombshell Internet Champion.”

“Melody, I’m going to show Sin City Wrestling and the world that I’m the best champion that the Bombshell Division has.  As for you, if I’m nice enough to leave you conscious on that mat, which maybe I will be, you’ll be forced to hear my favorite two words…  YOU LOST!”

~I look at my iPhone screen and my eyes are piercing.  I deliver one simple nod before stopping my recording.  I walk back out to the front of the restaurant where I get crowded around a little, but I shove my way back into the restaurant, right back to my table.  I have to do it rudely, but hey, whatever gets the job done.  Turns out I’ve arrived back in time.  My ordered salmon has not yet made it to the table, but after looking at the time on my iPhone, I know it should be here soon.  Heck it better be, because right now I could probably eat a whole Melephant!  Although I do get to do just that this Sunday, as I have the opportunity and the desire to feast on the SCW World Bombshell Champion as I please.  Trust me, Melody Grace won’t look like a champion.  Not one bit.~  

\'user

Friday, February 3, 2017
Cal State University-San Bernardino Quad

~This really has been a good place to train, right out in the open, right near the very arena where the ring will be set up and I’ll be ready and raring to go to defeat the SCW World Bombshell Champion.  I’m just about ready to leave and head back to the hotel, but it’s then that I hear a voice from the not-too-distant past.~

Mr. Brown:  â€œOh, Miss Pingotti.  I wasn’t expecting you to be here.”

~I roll my eyes as I turn to face him.~

Polly:  â€œWhat do you want this time?  I told you to leave me alone.”

~I do realize that he doesn’t have his camera assistant with him this time at least.~

Mr. Brown:  â€œI just stumbled upon you here by accident.  I saw you from across the lawn.  I really am still hoping you reconsider my offer.  Even if you’ll just take my business card and think about it.”

Polly:  â€œFine, if it makes you go away.  Modeling isn’t my thing.  The ONLY reason why I’ll take your stupid card is because you at least had the decency to talk to me face to face.  You have NO IDEA how many business cards I found slipped underneath my hotel room door.  That’s just plain out stalking, you know?”

~He looks taken aback, but not surprised by what I said.~

Mr. Brown:  â€œI agree with you Miss Pingotti.  I’ll say this right to your face.  I really did mean it the other day when I said you have talent, and also I meant I’d treat you with respect.  Our modeling agency has been, is, and always will be decent.  We don’t promote indecent exposure.  If you want to hear more on what our company’s all about, just call me when your schedule permits.  I’ll open up my schedule to speak with you.  Okay?”

~He holds a card out.  This time I accept it.  Right as I do I look up at the sky, as I’ve just felt a drop of rain, quite rare here in the San Bernardino valley.  I guess it’s just fate.  I’m not scared of it though, but Mr. Brown looks like he wants to make a run for it back to his car.  So, I purposely hold him up some.  A bit evil of me, I know, but that’s just who I am.~

Polly:  â€œI’ll think about it.  I know I was a bitch to you the other day, but you don’t truly know what I’ve been through Mr. Brown.  Just know this, cross me ever, and you will lose.  Many have learned that, and more are going to learn that with each and every passing day.”

~The skies begin to open up now, but to me the rain is fresh.  I LOVE IT!  But he turns and runs now.  I hear his last words.~

Mr. Brown:  â€œGot it.  Hopefully we’ll speak soon!”

~I know I have an evil look on my face as he’s soaking wet.  So am I, but the difference is, I don’t care.  I point my face to the skies and take it all in.  Something that most wouldn’t do…  Something that Little Miss Sunshine will never do.~

~After a while I go on my way.  I’m in no rush though.  The rain feels great!  And at Climax Control, right on this very campus, the rain, wind, thunder and lightning that I’m going to bring will remind Melody Grace and everyone that anything can be snatched away from you, at any given moment.  I know this, and soon, Melody and her fans will too.~