Author Topic: Meditation is damn hard...  (Read 895 times)

Offline TrevorIrons

• View Profile
    • Trevor Irons
Meditation is damn hard...
« on: March 01, 2013, 05:16:51 PM »
 The scene fades up to the living room of the Las Vegas apartment that belongs to Trevor Irons and Max Burke. Trevor and Max are both sitting on the floor in an attempt at a meditative pose, Aleksei is with them smoking a cigar while he awkwardly tries the position out as well.

Trevor: Now just clear your mind....

All three men fidget where they are sitting and all of a sudden Trevor opens his eyes.

Trevor: I still can’t believe what a choad that guy Kain is!

Aleksei: I thought we were suppose to clear our minds...

Max: Yeah and what the hell is a choad?

Trevor: Its that part of your body between your...oh forget it damnit just close your eyes. I am trying to teach you all how to meditate.

Max and Aleksei look at eachother, laughing a little bit before closing their eyes again. For a long moment all three men are able to keep at it but then Trevor starts to fidget. He curses under his breath. Aleksei rolls his eyes and stands up.

Aleksei: Thats it. I am going to start drinking.

Trevor: Sorry man, its just that guy really chaps my ass. I mean you know he said they were giving us this match out of the goodness of their hearts....like they had a damn choice.

Max opens his eyes and sighs getting up as well.

Max: Yeah brother but we got the match. That is all that matters. To hear you talk about it, you don’t even care about the match. You just want to hurt Kain.

Trevor: Your damn right I want to hurt that bastard. He thinks he is better than me, he thinks I am some minor league joke. He acts like Blood Omen is a real team and that we don’t belong here, I am going to make him eat his words.

Max: You won’t do anything if you don’t get your head in the game.

Trevor: What you don’t think I have your back!

Aleksei bust back in holding a carton of orange juice and a bottle of some booze.

Aleksei: Both of you quit whining like little kids. Trevor you need to focus man. I did not work my ass off on getting you a chance to brawl with Kain, that is easy enough. But what I got you was another title shot...so do what you have to do to get over this thing so you can prove Kain wrong and win this.

Trevor nods and takes a deep breath. He gets up as well. He shakes Max’s hand and snatches the juice away from Aleksei. He grins as he chugs the juice.

Max: I think we need to focus that anger and cut a promo on the King of Nothing.

Aleksei: Yes I agree. That is why I got us some time at the arena before they open it to the public. I will see you there this afternoon, so you both do what you need to do....because this weekend we are going to take the belts from these pretenders.

Both members of the Young Lions nod. Aleksei looks at his lack of juice and shrugs choosing to just drink the alcohol straight from the bottle. The scene fades out.

When we catch up with Trevor he is at Dennys, anger eating his way through some pancakes. This is the Dennys that comes with a wedding chapel in the center but Trevor could hardly notice. He just grumbles as he pours more syrup on his stack. The a large man moves to his table. He is bald with an impressive mustache, we quickly recognize him as SeanTroy, Trevor’s odd friend from the gym.

Trevor: You know I am kind of surprised you have a cell phone man.

Sean: I am not a monk my friend. I live in the modern world.

Trevor: Wait, you mean you have a job and stuff?

Sean: Well yeah, I am a plumber.

Trevor starts laughing, he wipes his mouth and shakes his head. He looks up at a group of tourist getting married in the middle of everyone's meals. He looks back at Sean.

Trevor: So yer telling me your a Zen Buddhist MMA fighter who is also a plumber.

SeanTroy smiles warmly and smiles as he sits down next to Trevor.

Trevor: Shoot man, only in Vegas.

Sean: I guess so. Now what is it that you wanted to talk about?

Trevor: Right...so I still have all this anger. I mean I keep trying to meditate but it is not working. I close my eyes and I just see Kain’s stupid face. Then I get real pissed. How do I see pass the anger?

Sean thinks on that for a moment and then shrugs with that same big smile. Trevor throws up his hands.

Trevor: Some Zen guru you are?!

Both men laugh lightly as Sean orders some pancakes of his own.

Sean: The thing is you need to quit trying to hard. Anger is not a bad thing. It can be a tool.  You can either let it cloud your focus or have it clear your mind. Take the anger, accept it and use it to win your match.

Trevor: But you told me I had to get pass anger. Now you say I can keep my anger...is your religion suppose to be so gosh darn confusing.

Sean: If you can use your anger as a tool than you have moved passed it my good friend.

Trevor: Well I sure hope yer right man because tomorrow night I am going to have to face my anger either way.

We fade out as the two men eat and talk.

We fade back to the six sided ring set up at Gold Coast. Trevor and Max stand there in the center of the ring dressed for a fight. They stand with confidence for a moment before talking.

Max: We have talked about every man we are going to face tomorrow except for one...

Trevor: Thats right there is still the King of Something or other. The man that thinks the world revolves around him.

Max: Yeah that guy does have some ego issues. He most likely thinks we waited to speak on him because we were saving the best for last...

Trevor: Maybe we just had better things to do...

Trevor and Max look at each other and chuckle. Trevor takes a step forward.

Trevor: I have to be honest, Kain. You really piss me off and I have not been quiet about that. I have already told you my reasons. I think yer a smug little punk who thinks he is the biggest guy around....and man I wouldn’t care if he was sticking to single fighting.
Max nods and steps up.

Max: Of course, that his business. Now if he asked me or Trev, we would remind him that he is not currently a champion of well anything.

Trevor: Oh yeah and I might tell him that Spike Staggs, Nick Jones or well about half a dozen other fighters that have proven themselves to be damn better fighters than he is.

Max: But hey, that is his choice. Trevor and I have both been in this business long enough to know that part of the game is that you say you are the best in the world.

Trevor: But Kain decided to give Tag Teamin a try. And hey thats great. I mean we love a good tag team fight, as you know. So you get in a tag team match with the best damn team in this whole alliance and the team that will someday be the best.

Max and Trevor look at each other and nod.

Max: Yeah we have to be honest Gabriel and Despayre, you guys are damn good. We wish it was you we were facing in the six sided ring. Two real teams doing battle for championship gold. You guys are the best of the moment but someday the tag team division will be ruled by Lions, mark my words.

Trevor: But that is not the match. Instead we have to go up against four guys who are not real teams. Two of them got damn lucky and won the match. They became champions and all of sudden they think they have been a top tier tag team for years.

Max: That is just not true. And don’t get us wrong we respect all the guys who are coming to face us.

Trevor: Speak for yourself, I don’t respect Kain. But is quiet masked buddy is okay.

Max looks at Trevor with a pointed look and then keeps going.

Max: The point is this. To be a good tag team you have to do more than just get two good fighters together. It takes time to get things working as a team. You have to know what the other man is going to do. You have to be able to trust him. You can’t win it on your own, that is the whole damn point.

Trevor: Yer damn right! See Max and I have been at it for a while. Kain seems to like to talk about us like we were born a few months ago. I promise you that is not the case. We have put in the hours, and we have taken the lumps. We have nearly lost everything in the ring, only to come back for the win. That is what you don’t understand Kain.

You are one man in a battle against five other fighters. You don’t have a team member, waiting for you in the corner. You have a talented fighter who doesn’t know how to work with you. You don’t know if you can tag him in to bring home the win.

You think you’re the King of the damn world and that you can win this tag team match all on your own and THAT IS WHAT PISSES ME OFF.

Max puts his hand on his shoulder and Trevor takes a deep breath.

Trevor: You can’t win this match all on your own man. Kain, you might be a damn good fighter but this is a tag team war your stepping into and we are the only real team at the party. You might kick hard and you might be a tough son a bitch. Maybe on a good day you can beat me or Max but you can’t beat us both. Your partner got you out of our last match by getting some outside interference. You better hope your luck keeps going because if you have an honest fight in your future then you are going to lose it.

Max: A tag team revolution is starting Kain. There are going to be some amazing matches in the near future and it is going to be the real teams that lead the way. The Young Lions is that team and this Sunday we will show you how.