Author Topic: A Not So Happy Father's Day  (Read 3001 times)

Offline Kate Steele

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • "The Nurse" Cynthia Warren
A Not So Happy Father's Day
« on: June 29, 2018, 08:05:37 AM »

Los Angeles, California
St. Martin’s Cemetery
The Day Before Father’s Day

It was another Father’s Day and we are able to see Crystal Hilton walking with a bouquet of flowers in her hand. She reaches a gravestone that read’s “Here Lies Pedro Lopez… Loving Husband, Father, and Grandfather…” Crystal lets the tears in her eyes overwhelm her as she spikes the bouquet right into the ground.

“Hey dad… I just want to say I miss you so much but to be honest I don’t even know what to do anymore…”

Crystal let’s even more tears escape her lips as she continues to speak.

“To you being a Luchadore was everything and I did everything I possibly could to walk in your footsteps. I became La Paloma… I soared like a dove and really brought the spirit of our heritage into the ring but the more I wore the mask is the more I realized that I didn’t want to hide who I really was… I wanted people to see my face. I wanted to be acknowledged and thus the world got a major dose of Crystal Hilton…”

Crystal can’t help but chuckle as she continues to pour her heart out.

“Crystal Hilton the movie star who just didn’t give a damn about anything. A woman who prided herself on being the best and not letting anybody tell her any differently. I felt this was my true place in the world. It is who I was meant to be but the more I put on the façade of being the bitchy Hollywood hottie I know it left me without this true sense of belonging. Sure I might have people that might say they are my friends but I feel there’s a missing void. I always felt like I was doing a disservice to my friends and to all of those lucha students back at the gym. I really miss you dad. You always knew best and when I was at my lowest you always knew of the best way to uplift me…Where do I go from here?!”

Crystal can’t help but cry any more as she continues to look at the tombstone. She is a weeping mess as she bends down to glare down at the gravesite. However as she is crying her daughter Brittany walks over to where Crystal is standing. She sighs as she grabs her mother from behind and hugs her tightly.

“It’s okay mom… I am right here with you… You miss Grandpa don’t you?!”

“More than you could ever imagine… He taught me everything pumpkin… Things that ranged from learning how to wrestle to even if I was being a mother properly. He was always there for me so of course I miss him more than you could imagine. He was an amazing man and I love that he had always put his family first beyond anything else and I need him Brittany…”

Brittany smiles as she nods her head with a wicked grin.

“I miss him so much too mom. He did a lot for me…”

“Not only that but I feel like I am a disappointment on where I am in my wrestling career. I haven’t been to the wrestling school in ages. I am supposed to put Lucha Libre on the map but lately I have been trying to hide who I am as a person. I don’t even know… How can I go anywhere if I don’t even know who I am supposed to be this week…”

Brittany nods her head.

“Sounds like you are going through an identity crisis but why else do you miss him?!”

Crystal sobs as she speaks again.

“Because I have a wedding coming up and it would have meant the entire world if he could give me away…”

“For the fourth time?!”

“Well he didn’t the last time with Jonathan and looked what kind of mess that became. I just want to really clear my head and find myself. It sucks going through what I go through everyday Brittany. It sucks having no direction, and I just want it to stop…”

Brittany nods her head.

“I know… But you are amazing in your own right mom. At least you have done a great job and look how I turned out?!”

“I know Brittany you mean the world to me but I need more than just that…”

“Why is validation so important to you?! Instead of weeping why don’t you visit the school and…”

“So they could mock me?! I don’t know if I am ready for that…”

“It’s your school1 You are the head wrestling teacher. You just can’t have uncle Jamal and Anthony running the show without you there…”

“What’s the point Brittany?!”

Brittany smiles as she looks at her mom.

“Don’t worry mom I will help you out… Don’t say I don’t do anything for you…”

Crystal’s eyes open wide up.

“Brittany what do you have in mind?! Brittany Jessica Williams you get back here this instant!”

With that Crystal chases after her daughter as we slowly fade out.

user posted image

user posted image