Author Topic: “Second time won’t be the charm!”  (Read 274 times)

Offline Jessie Salco

• SCW's Heavy Metal Bombshell
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Jessie Salco
“Second time won’t be the charm!”
« on: May 06, 2016, 09:27:23 PM »
 Whilst Jessie lost the match to Melody Grace she still retained the SCW Bombshell Internet Championship thanks to the timely interference by a returning Amy Marshall, thankfully for Melody Amy wasn’t the only returning Bombshell that night as Natalie McKinley made her return to save Melody from a two on one beat down by the Metal and Punk Connection.

At the following Climax Control a match was booked between Amy and Natalie with Jessie and Melody at ringside and despite constant interference from Jessie Natalie came out on top defeating Amy via pin-fall via The Winds of Change but it quickly became clear that the issues between the four Bombshells where far from finished.

This week there was a rematch for the SCW Bombshell Internet Championship between Jessie and Melody and this time both Amy Marshall and Natalie McKinley were banned from ringside by order of SCW Co-Owner Christian Underwood but the question remained, would Jessie by able to beat Melody on her own without using underhanded tactics or did SCW’s resident metalhead have more tricks up her sleeve?

State dinner, Okayama, Japan
May 4th 2016, 18:00pm

Yep, you read that right.

When SCW released the card for the last show they mentioned that several wrestlers had been invited to state dinners, at first I shrugged it off thinking that there was no way in hell that me and the boys would get invited to a state dinner!

That pretty much went out the window last week.

*flashback*

It was Saturday morning and I was getting ready for the Climax Control that would air the following day, me and Amy had a plan going forward into her match against Natalie McKinley at the show, off course if you’ve seen the show then you know just how well that plan went for us but, obviously, we didn’t know that at the time so that’s not important.

At the time we were getting ready for a Dungeons and Dragons session on the hotel room floor where Jake would be DMing the Princes of the Apocalypse module, normally he would avoid the published modules and play in a homebrew setting but he left everything for that homebrew setting back home in Las Vegas and we haven’t had any time to go back and get it, for one thing the flight time from Okayama to Las Vegas is just over fourteen hours and I don’t need to point out how impractical it would be for Jake to fly a combined twenty eight hours just to get his notes for his homebrew campaign.

Fortunately, we do have a solution, Craig is housesitting for us and we asked him to e-mail the notes over to my laptop, but even then we need to get them printed so we need to look into some local libraries since we don’t have a printer so until then we’re playing the pre-made modules.

“Okay, so Shane almost died and Jessie used her last cantrip to save him.” Jake commented as he scratched his chin. “Yeah I think now is a good time to call it a day.”

“Gee, you think?!” Shane asked as he picked up the character sheet for the Goliath Barbarian that he had created for the campaign. “Have a Goliath Barbarian and a Gnome Cleric tackle one of the hardest fifth edition modules buddy cop movie style you said, it’ll be fun you said!”

“To be fair you did get a lot of great roles at first.” I commented as I picked up my sheet for the aforementioned Gnome Cleric. “It was just once you got into the temple when things when to shit.”

“I should’ve taken the fact that I rolled a one on the first initiative role as a sign of things to come.” Shane commented with a sigh as he stood up. “So should we both applying the XP for this or will we be returning to the homebrew campaign following Climax Control?”

“Eh, depends on how quickly Craig can find my notes.” Jake commented with a shrug as he gathered up his stuff. “And Jessie, you know the deal for when he e-mails you.”

“I call you over and don’t even think about clicking on the e-mail.” I responded with a grin and before Jake could respond there was a knock at the door. “I got it.” I commented before standing up and walking over to the door, I answered the door and saw a much older Japanese man in a suit on the other hand. “Err, hi.”

“Are you Jessie Salco?” The old guy asked with surprisingly good English and I nodded in response. “This is for you.” The suit added before handing me an envelope. “The party is on Wednesday, don’t be late.”

“Wait, party?” I asked as I glanced up from the envelope but by then he had already left so I closed the door behind me and sat down on the bed that me and Shane were sharing. “You guys know anything about this?”

“You mean the party?” Jake asked and I nodded only to frown when he shook his head in response. “I knew SCW have been arranging state dinner, TV and radio appearances for the wrestlers but I thought they’d restrict the state dinner stuff for guys like J2H and Samantha Marlowe.”

“Pretty sure J2H would be too snooty even for them!” Shane joked and Jake laughed in response before I opened up the envelope, once I saw the three names on the invite I let out an exasperated sigh. “Do you need Shane to translate that for you?”

“No, they had someone write it in English, I guess they thought that we wouldn’t even know where to begin.” I responded as I shook my head. “Here’s the thing, it’s a state dinner invite and it’s this coming Wednesday.”

“That’s kinda last minute.” Jake commented with an amused look on his face. “And besides that, we’re not exactly the kind of people who attend state dinners, hell whenever we go out for a concert we usually stick to bar and grills when it comes to dinner, you sure it’s not a mistake.”

“It’s got the state emblem, they specifically named you guys and referred to me by my full first name.” I responded as I showed them the invite and a closer inspection of the envelope revealed two more invites for Jake and Shane. “No invites for Amy or the Angel Clan but I’m guessing they want to keep the wrestler appearances at these kinds of events separate.”

“So, we’re actually being invited to a state dinner.” Jake said as I passed them the invites. “Do we even have any suits or a dress for you?” Jake asked and I frowned at the thought of wearing a dress. “I’m almost tempted to dig out the wedding dress from, well, your wedding.”

“Except that’s in my bedroom closet back home in Vegas and I don’t think Craig has a 3D Printer handy to send one over.” I responded before sighing. “I can’t believe I’m saying this but I have to go dress shopping, thank god this won’t be part of a promo and I won’t be appearing in a dress in a fucking dress!”

“Err, about that.” Jake said as he took a closer look at the promo. “They are requesting that you do a promo at the state dinner for your rematch against Melody Grace for the Internet Championship.”

“You’re kidding, right?” I asked and he shook his head, I looked closely at my invite and sighed when I saw what Jake was saying was true. “FUCK!”

*back to present day*

Yeah, we eventually managed to find a nearby tailor who spoke English and we were able to rent two suits and a dress for the event and whilst I did rent a little black dress that went down to my knees it didn’t make it any less uncomfortable.

“Jake, can you translate the menu for me?” Shane asked as he passed the menu to Jake, the tailor wasn’t used to making suits for guys Jake’s size since he’s Japanese and all but he was able to make one with no issue once he had his measurements. “Unlike you I’m not fluent in Japanese and I don’t want to ask the waiter.”

“Why not?” Jake asked and Shane frowned.

“From what I’ve seen the waiters know very little English at best, I don’t want to risk offending them.” Shane responded and Jake sighed before calling over the waiter and explaining to him, in Japanese off course, the situation at which point the waiter nodded and translated the menu for Jake. ”Wait, I thought you were fluent in Japanese.”

“I’m fluent in speaking Japanese, not reading it.” Jake responded with a sigh as he ordered the menu items for us. “I basically learned how to speak and understand Japanese for anime remember? Manga isn’t all that available in the US.”

“That hasn’t stopped you from buying Manga whilst we were here.” I pointed out and Jake shrugged.

“It’s my first step towards reading the Japanese language and I’m not sure if you’ve noticed or not but the Japanese written language is pretty complicated.” Jake elaborated as he shifted his weight. “Anyway the menu items aren’t that crazy, it’s mostly amuse-bouche dishes, you know, tiny dishes.”

“How amusing.” I joked and the boys laughed at my horrendous pun, the rest of the night went by pretty uneventfully aside from the host of the event introducing me as the guest of honor, I stood up and waved to the other guests (once Jake translated his words for me) before I sat back down in my seat, after that the night continued until the party died down and we were the only ones left. “So, can we leave?”

“What do you mean? We’ve only been here for……” Jake trailed off as he checked his IPhone, however when he saw the time his eyes nearly bulged out in surprise. “11:00pm? We’ve been here for five hours?! Fuck me, I’ve had Dungeons and Dragons sessions that haven’t lasted that long!”

“I’ll take that as a yes.” I responded with a grin before remembering the request for the promo for my match to take place during the dinner but we were kinda past that point. “So what am I supposed to do for my trash talk?”

“I think the host was just happy to have an SCW Cameracrew here to be honest and besides, after you were introduced as the guest of honor you didn’t get much downtime.” Jake shrugged his shoulders in response before getting an idea. “We’ll go ahead and get the car ready, why don’t you do your promo whilst you wait?!

“Sounds good, I’ll see you guys outside.” I responded and the guys nodded before leaving the hall and heading outside, I shook my head before standing up and getting ready for my promo.

“It all started with an act of good-will on my part, after all Melody pinned Mercedes in that tag match before Blaze of Glory I figured that I may as well give her the first title shot and things escalated from there but honestly Melody, what the fuck where you expecting?! A fair fight for the Bombshell Internet Championship? This isn’t a fairytale Melody and I have some truth to spill before I get to the meat of this promo!”

I asked as I started walking out.

“I’ve been screwed out of titles more times than I care to count and now that I’ve finally got my hands on a singles title there’s no way in hell I’m letting this reign end on my first defense and if it weren’t for Amy deciding to finally return I would’ve found another way to retain the title, so what I’m saying is that it kind of fits that both Amy and Natalie are banned from ringside for our rematch.”

I said before grinning.

“It’s like I said on Twitter Melody, I’m a pragmatic champion! I may prefer to win my matches without cheating but now that I’m finally a champion again I’m not giving up the title that easily as I demonstrated two weeks ago and this week I’ll demonstrate it again, I mean sure, Amy’s banned from ringside but what’s to stop her from dropping a weapon of some description from the rafters? Nothing, because the ruling specifically states from ringside!”

I’m sure me bringing up that loophole won’t bite me in the ass.

“I also said on Twitter that this match will be my chance to prove that I can beat you cleanly and that is true! However even I have my limits and if using underhanded tactics means retaining the SCW Bombshell Internet Championship and sending you to the back of the line as Steve Ramone would say then that’s exactly what I’ll do! It’s been three long years since I last held a singles title in SCW Melody, do you really think I’ll give it up that easily?”

Don’t answer that.

“Now why do you see why I can’t lose this title? Or are you going to continue to live in la-la land whilst you try to get J2H to lose his virginity? Just saying, if you put out once in a while that wouldn’t be a problem! Seriously though there’s only one way this match can end and that’s me pinning you down to the matt for the one, two three and I don’t care whether or not I have to cheat to do it either! With or without Amy’s house I’ll kick your ass back to New Zealand and move on to better competition, maybe your steroid abusing friend?”

Like Christian will ever give Natalie a title shot after what happened at Summer XXXTreme.

“I don’t know what the bosses have in store for me at Into the Void but that’s not important right now! What is important is the fact that I have one goal heading into this match and that’s to beat you in the middle of the ring, doesn’t matter if it’s clean or by use of underhanded tactics, after all Kate Steele and Alexis Edwards got away with it, why not me?”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“Melody, your issues with Mark Ward are the least of your worries because now you have to worry about me and just what I’ll do to retain the title in this match and any other upcoming title matches but then again you already know that I’m not above cheating and this time will be no different! This is the Heavy Metal Angel Jessie Salco signing off and Melody, all I’m going to say is that for you the second time WON’T be the charm!”

I left the hall as the scene fades.