Author Topic: “What did I ever do to deserve this?!”  (Read 293 times)

Offline Steve Ramone

• This message has been paid for and delivered by the champ the fa
    • View Profile
    • Steve Ramone
“What did I ever do to deserve this?!”
« on: February 23, 2016, 09:08:49 PM »
 Steve finally did it! He won the SCW Roulette Championship after a grueling battle against Casey Williams, Joshua Acquin and Travis Nathanial Andrews, however the night wasn’t a total success as whilst he did participate in the Gauntlet match he did not win it, in fact he was eliminated by Ben Jordan who he proceeded to help Goth eliminate Ben Jordan from the match.

As if that wasn’t bad enough the teams for this year’s Blast from the Past Tournament where announced and Steve’s worst nightmare came true as he was teaming with Alexis Edwards of the Nobodies for the tournament, anyone who paid attention to Steve’s storied rivalry with The Nobodies the ran through August and ended in September should know that Steve had no love for the stable and to make matters even worse Steve and Alexis where competing in the Main Event of Climax Control 140 (or Steve Ramone Appreciation Night, no prizes for guessing who named it) and their opponents where none other than the man Steve eliminated Ben Jordan and former multi-time champion and future HOF inductee Raynin with the winning team going through to the second round of the Blast from the Past Tournament, it seemed impossible but can Steve and Alexis set their differences aside and win?!

Steve’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 22nd of February 2016. 21:00pm

It was supposed to be a day of glory, that idea went down the toilet quickly.

It started off great with me finally winning a singles title in SCW and my first singles title since the GWA closed seven years ago (all though to be fair I did take a hiatus to raise Sophie and I did briefly return to the ring a few years later) but then two things happened, first the Blast from the Past teams where announced and, to my horror, I found out that Alexis Edwards was my partner, that’s right, the only female Nobody in the tournament and I’ve got her as a partner.

The night officially ended for me when Ben Jordan eliminated me from the Gauntlet and I subsequently got my revenge on him by helping Goth eliminate him from the match but I can look past that even with the former Brat Prince representing SCW as its World Champion because I now have a title of my own and it’s a title that I will hold for a very long time.

And then this week’s Climax Control card was announced and me and Alexis are in the Main Event against Ben Jordan and Raynin, do the bosses have it out for me or something? Well at least my title’s not on the line but you are probably wondering what my reaction was when I found out that Alexis was my partner for the tournament, well I’m glad you ask.

*flashback*

I will now take you back to My Bloody Valentine II, more specifically when Christian announced the teams for the tournament, at the time I was celebrating in the men’s locker room with Cyrus and Andreas sharing a glass of wine each, at the time it seemed like nothing could bring the mood down between us as we were in a celebrating mood.

“First the Roulette Title and next the World Title baby!” I said with a massive grin on my face as I took a sip from the wine, now I know what you’re thinking, getting drunk before a match? Please, not even the lightest of lightweights could get drunk off the amount I was drinking at the time. “It’s like my theme song says, I want the world baby!”

“Damn straight, nothing could bring our spirits down at the moment!” Cyrus said with a grin as we watched the show unfold on the TV set, it was then that Christian stood at the top of the stage with a microphone in his hands. “Huh, wonder what this is about?”

“Maybe he’s finally admitting his affair with Justin Decent.” I joked as we watched the TV and the guys laughed at that.

“Alright everyone! I know everybody out there has been anxious to find out the official pairings for the fourth annual Blast from the Past Memorial tournament!” Christian said and we couldn’t help but grin, we could already tell where this was going. “There have been tweets and Facebook messages, radio call ins, emails and such -- and that's just the participants!”

“I was good! I only hassled the bosses about it twice!” I commented as I took a sip from the wine and the boys shook their heads.

“Well fans, I am not going to make you wait any longer!” Christian added and my grin grew wider knowing what was coming. “So here and now, I am pleased to present the first four teams in the Blast from the Past IV tournament!”

“Huh, Jessie is teaming with TNA.” Cyrus commented with an amused look on his face. “Interesting pairing.”

“I’m more interested in seeing who the red-headed Staggs bastard child got stuck with, if it’s Odette returning from retirement I’ll laugh my ass off.” I commented with a grin as the rest of the teams were shown, however my grin disappeared when I saw who I was teaming with. “Okay, seriously, who am I teaming with?”

“I think he is serious Steve.” Andreas responded and that was confirmed when the seg cut to the World Bombshell Tag Title Match with no other graphics to go with it. “So, you got stuck with Alexis Edwards.”

“Yep.” I responded simply before downing the rest of my wine in one gulp, setting the glass down on the table and calmly leaving the locker room. “FUCK!”

*back to present day*

Needless to say a nearby cameracrew nearly jumped through the roof of the arena when I screamed that.

But yeah, that’s my current predicament, I am teaming with Alexis Edwards for the Blast from the Past Tournament, this is like teaming a Neo-Nazi up with a Jew, this is like teaming a racist cop with a black dude, this is like teaming a brony up with a Transformers fan.

Okay, I realize that the last of those examples aren’t like the others but you get the idea.

At the moment we are in my D&D room getting ready to play a game, I’m acting as DM this time around because the last time Cyrus was a DM he unleashed a Dracolich and a Necromancer on us in the same battle and whilst me and Andreas did win the day and both of our characters leveled up we agreed that I should try out a campaign that I’ve been writing for a while now.

“Okay, your adventure starts in the small town of Requia, it’s been around for a short time but in that time it has grown to be a fairly successful trade center.” I started as I put the map down. “The town is run by a council that regulates all ways of life, trade, agriculture, warfare, you name it.”

“Quick question, you said that it’s a small town yet it has a minister of warfare?” Cyrus asked and I nodded.

“Right, at the moment the town has a small militia force mostly comprised of conscripted townsfolk and mercenaries, the minister plans to expand the militia as the town grows but at the moment they are there to protect against Barbarian raids.” I responded and Cyrus nodded once he understood what I meant. “It is a coastal town and it has a small port which is where it gets most of its trade and wealth from, alongside the militia the town has a small fleet to protect it from raiders by sea or sea monsters in general.” I added before I turned a page. “Not far from the waterfront is the Rusty Axe Inn where our adventure begins.”

“Couldn’t resist using the cliché “you all meet at an inn” set-up, could you?” Andreas asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

“If it works, it works.” I responded before I continued. “The inn is a small place with rooms upstairs if you require rest bite and it serves food, nothing fancy but it’s popular among the locals for using freshly caught fish for its dishes, Cyrus I think this is where you come in.” I said as I turned to Cyrus who was playing a Half-Orc Barbarian.

“The drinks here taste like piss but if I have to make a decent living I’ll make do for now.” Cyrus grunted in a gravelly voice. “Hey bartender, give me another!”

“Holg, I told you before, you’ve had enough.” I responded playing as the bartender. “Do you even have any money left?”

“Give me a week and I’ll find more work, until then you’re stuck with me.” Cyrus added giving Andreas his cue to step in as a Half-Elf Paladin.

“I’d advise that you listen to him, you don’t want to get kicked out do you?” Andreas asked in his best haughty accent and Cyrus rolled his eyes.

“And why should I listen to a goody-two shoes Half-Elf?!” Cyrus responded giving me my cue to start the adventure, before I could however the door opened and we looked up. “Oh hey Sally, what’s up?” Cyrus asked having dropped the accent as we saw our babysitter at the door.

“Sorry to interrupt but Charlotte just got back home, I told her that you paid me but I had to stay behind due to Lori being stuck in traffic.” Sally responded which was true as the traffic was murder on the highway today. “I also told her what you were doing but she wants to talk to you, judging from the look on her face I wouldn’t keep her waiting.”

“That’s fine, I can continue this campaign another time.” I commented as I picked up my plans for the campaign and walked out of the room, I put my plans in my room and when I returned to the downstairs area I saw Charlotte waiting for me. “You wanted to talk?”

“Remember those southern girls that you shared a bed with a few weeks ago?” Charlotte asked and I nodded though I really wasn’t sure where she was going with this. “Well one of them tried to add me on Facebook, I blocked her off course but that’s not the big issue.” Charlotte said as she shifted her weight. “When I checked her profile to confirm that it was the same girl and it was…...and one of the first pictures I saw on her timeline was an ultra-sound scan of her womb, she’s pregnant.”

“What?!” I asked with a look of shock on my face. “Look, even if something did happen between us the dates don’t add up, she would’ve started to notice it three months from that night and it hasn’t even been two months.”

“I know and I asked her about it through Facebook messenger, she isn’t sure who the father is which tells me that she sleeps around a lot, based on what I saw in the promo that night I don’t doubt that.” Charlotte added as she folded her arms. “It could be a coincidence but I blocked her in any case, if the other girl tries to the same thing and the dates add up, well I might make that call to the divorce lawyer after all.”

“Even if she does there are things we need to take into account like how long it’s been since that night and the fact that nothing happened.” I pointed out and Charlotte nodded in agreement. “Hell if it puts your mind at ease I’ll have a DNA test done if they come forward trying to claim that I impregnated them.”

“I’ll keep that in mind, it’ll definitely put that matter to rest.” Charlotte responded before yawning a bit. “Speaking of rest I think I’ll have an early night tonight I’ve been shattered all day.”

“I know that feeling, if you see any pages on the desk that weren’t there before those are my campaign plans for Dungeons and Dragons, think you could leave them alone?” I asked and Charlotte nodded.

“Sure, I was never into that game anyway, see you tomorrow.” Charlotte responded before I stood aside to let her pass and she walked up the stairs and entered the room we shared, I sat down on the steps and noticed Sally had been listening in.

“It’s times like these that make me glad that I’m a lesbian.” Sally commented as she shook her head. “At least I don’t have to worry about anyone getting me pregnant.”

“Like I said, nothing happened and besides, relationship drama isn’t just a heterosexual couple thing, it’s pretty much universal.” I responded as I shifted my weight. “Just look at the fallout from when Keira Fisher attacked Amy Marshall last year.”

“Good point.” Sally admitted as she checked the time. “Anyway, kids are asleep, Dio’s been fed and has done his business outside and more importantly Lori should be pulling up any minute to take me home.” Sally added and I nodded in response. “I will say that following her being kicked out the house two weeks ago I’ve been helping Lori find a place of her own, even if it’s just a cheap apartment anything’s better than living with homophobic parents when your gay.”

“I hear that.” I nodded in agreement. “Have you told Charlotte?”

“She knows, she even offered to bump up my pay to $50 to help with the expense but I couldn’t accept it.” Sally responded as she got a text message. “Mostly because my parents offered to front the bill first, anyway looks like Lori’s here, see you tomorrow Steve.”

“See you.” I called out to her as she left the house and headed to the driveway, I stood up off the stairs and looked around seeing Dio lying on his side apparently dreaming about something, before I could even wonder what he was dreaming about the boys came up to me. “We’ll have to do the campaign another night, Charlotte went up to bed and I don’t want to wake her up.”

“That’s fine, I want to refine my Half Orc accent anyway.” Cyrus responded as he shifted his weight. “Want to watch some TV?”

“I’ve got a promo to do, you know, Blast from the Past and all.” I responded and the boys nodded before walking off towards the living room to watch some TV before they headed home for the night and I went into the kitchen to do my promo.

“Between Delia Darling last year and Alexis Edwards this year I’m convinced that the bosses hate me and team me up with the worst possible teammates for Blast from the Past but I digress!” I said before picking up the SCW Roulette Title. “You see this? I won this belt fair and square at My Bloody Valentine II two weeks ago and whilst my first defense hasn’t been set in stone my first Blast from the Past match has and it’s against Ben Jordan, the man who I eliminated from the Gauntlet after he eliminated me, and Raynin, honestly I’m kinda tempted to just sit back and let Raynin kick Alexis’s flat ass but I’m a competitive guy so that won’t be happening.”

As for what will be happening……...well……

“I already have a team name for me and Alexis, Team PMS and Steve! Oh come on, how could I not make that joke considering that Alexis is pissed off 24/7, when she isn’t being gang banged that is, anyway Alexis you may claim that you don’t care about the tournament because I’m your partner but you don’t fool me, I’ve been there many times, you just lost a title and you want a chance at another one, this is your chance and from here on in I will call bullshit whenever you claim that you don’t care about the tournament, now that that’s done, onto my opponents.”

First up is the guy who I will actually face.

“Ben, you got lucky in the Gauntlet and I got justice thanks to that elimination with Goth’s help, simple as that, of course if they had just let me have my bodyguards at ringside we wouldn’t be in this mess but I digress, the bosses must’ve had our confrontation during the Battle Royal in mind when they booked this Main Event Match and whilst this match is full of former champions we are the only current champions, aren’t we Ben?”

Not that it matters.

“However just because you have the Tag Team Titles doesn’t mean your better than me, it means that you can’t do shit on your own and you need someone to watch your back, at My Bloody Valentine it was Simon Jones and this week it’s Raynin but me? After the disaster that was my team-up with Joshua Acquin I’m not touching the tag team titles with a ten-foot barge pole even if Mark Ward came out of retirement just to team up with me and more importantly I will win this match with or without Alexis’s help and move on to the next round!”

Next up is Raynin.

“Now I won’t be fighting Raynin for obvious reasons but this is where Alexis could prove me wrong by securing our spot in the next round of the tournament, somehow I doubt she will because of her utter lack of talent and utter lack of care for this match but stranger things have happened, I mean we have a guy who used to be known as the Brat Prince as World Champion for fuck’s sake and the fucking Surf Boys are former Tag Team Champions, need I say more?!”

No but I will anyway.

“Seriously, what did I do to deserve a moronic partner like Alexis? And before you pull out a list that’s at least the length of the main hallway of my house, that was a rhetorical question, anyway I don’t exactly have faith that Alexis will get the job done, I mean sure she’s a former champion but last I checked her only successful title defense was against Kate Steele in a Paintball Match! Now I could be wrong but the fact that she defended her title in a paintball match says it all really! My prediction is this, I will do all the work and in the end me and Alexis will come out on top!”

Much like anyone who sleeps with Alexis! Anyway with that I decided to wrap things up.

“They forgot to include this in the description but Climax Control 140 is officially Steve Ramone Appreciation Night and there will be celebrations of my title win throughout the night culminating in my triumphant victory in the first round of the Blast from the Past Tournament, will Alexis help out? Don’t know, don’t care but I’ll beat them both on my own if I have too! This message has been paid for and delivered by “The Fearless Champion” Steve Ramone, the champion the fans deserve!”

I left the kitchen as the scene fades.
user posted image