Author Topic: …….wait, what?!  (Read 328 times)

Offline Steve Ramone

• This message has been paid for and delivered by the champ the fa
    • View Profile
    • Steve Ramone
…….wait, what?!
« on: February 19, 2014, 08:59:15 PM »
 As detailed in Cyrus’s promo yesterday Steve Ramone and Cyrus King’s alliance may be in jeopardy as they are facing off in the Blast from the Past Tournament with their partners being the Mystery Bombshell for Ramone and Misty for Cyrus King, one would only need to look at Misty’s credentials to know that Cyrus was very happy with his partner but Steve on the other hand wasn’t, can he win?

Steve’s hotel room, San Francisco, California
February 18th, 2014, 12:00pm

“Son of a bitch…..” I muttered under my breath as I pocketed my IPhone and plopped down on the sofa, I had just finished talking to Cyrus about our match this week and he revealed as we were ending our conversation that our Facetime chat was going to be featured in his promo for our match, in other words, a man I’m allied with who just happens to be one of my opponents in this year’s Blast from the Past Tournament…..has just trolled me……

I don’t know whether to punch him in the face or shake his hand!

I suppose you want to know my thoughts going into this match, well I’ve been watching Misty for a long time…..not like that you perverts! More specifically during my first week with the now defunct ACW where they were hosting the NEWA’s Super J Cup Tournament which Misty ultimately lost but also featured Jessie Salco and yeah, the match they put on in the second round made me consider going over to SCW.

Isn’t hindsight wonderful?

Basically my thoughts are this, Cyrus is obviously happy with his partner and to be honest I don’t blame him, Misty’s a veteran and has held several titles over her career and whilst it is rumored that she’s retiring this year I’ll be proud to say that I at least got to step into the ring with her.

Yes, I know about SCW’s gender rules and I know that I technically can’t fight her unless I don’t want to advance, though depending on who my mystery partner is that may well be a very tempting idea! I meant it in a sense that I’m getting to stand across the ring from a woman who’s like me in many ways only, you know, female.

Oh and the fact that she’s had more nicknames than the WWE Divas have had breast implants but that’s beside the point!

“The phone call didn’t go well?” Charlotte asked as she entered the room, I checked the time and realized that Sophie’s home schooling session should be over by now which leaves her to spend the rest of the day doing what she likes, regardless I shook my head as I popped the IPhone to the side.

“No, it was going well until Cyrus revealed that he was using the phone call in his promo just as he ended the call.” I responded and Charlotte couldn’t help but chuckle at that. “The guy just trolled me and he’s going to use my exact words against me in his promo which he’s probably cutting as we speak! I don’t know whether to punch him in the face or shake his hand!”

“You’ve lost me.” Charlotte admitted and I shook my head.

“On one hand he played me for a fool throughout that phone call! On the other hand I wish I had thought of that myself!” I responded and Charlotte shook her head at that. “Then again I can only think of a handful of GWA guys that I was close enough to have their phone numbers, mostly my allies.”

“And most of them are retired and have been since the GWA closed.” Charlotte responded and I shook my head. “What about your mystery partner? Do you think it’s a former GWA girl?”

“There weren’t exactly many of those to choose from.” I responded as I thought back. “I think Makayla and Stacy Kissinger retired with the others, Lady Ashe…..I heard that she’s dead but I haven’t exactly heard any confirmation on that.” I responded as I thought through the numerous female GWA members.

“What about Sara?” Charlotte asked and I shook my head.

“Sara, she never wrestled in the GWA and she retired from wrestling a long time ago, even if she wanted to get back in the ring I think she’s as rusty as they come.” I added referring to my younger sister and former manager Sara Ramone who’s now working as a nurse back in New York because she got sick, no pun intended, off all the incest jokes, yeah, she wrestled in some of my Pre-GWA feds but never had as much success as me despite sharing my talent for high flying but not being nearly as flashy as me.

“Well, I’m stumped.” Charlotte responded and I shrugged. “At least Sara has a good job nowadays.”

“Definitely, well as low as the possibility of my partner being a former GWA girl is it’s not like the entre Bombshell Roster has signed up for this tournament.” I responded and Charlotte nodded. “But it’s the mystery that has me worried, until my partner’s revealed Cyrus has an advantage in his corner and that advantage is called Misty!”

“I know Steve but everyone I’ve talked too since the card was announced knows as much as we do about your partner.” Charlotte responded and I nodded with an annoyed sigh. “So….what happens after the match?”

“You mean to my alliance with Cyrus?” I asked and Charlotte nodded. “No clue, I guess it will depend on his actions when we’re in the ring together! I’m hoping that we can let bygones be bygones when the dust settles but well we both know how cut-throat wrestling is!”

“No one knows that more than you! You betrayed AP Feight when he retired.” Charlotte responded and I shook my head, god I was dumb kid back then! At least Feight was willing to forgive and forget when we met up the week before My Bloody Valentine! “By the way, you heard from Jessie?”

“I was going to ask you the same thing.” I responded and Charlotte shook her head. “Cyrus hasn’t heard anything either and Jake’s keeping his mouth shut, needless to say I think we’re going to find out when Jessie and Shane are ready, anyway I have a promo to do and unless Cyrus’s promo has aired I have nothing to go by!”

“Have you tried checking the TV?” Charlotte asked and I shook my head before turning on the TV and sure enough, the promo had just started, fortunately it didn’t feature the first half of the phone call just from the point where I mentioned our match and Cyrus raised some good points namely that my partner could be anyone and that left my team at a disadvantage, am I going to let that stop me?

You should know me better by now! Anyway I’m going to start my promo!

“When the second ever Blast from the Past Tournament was announced I was excited! I loved the first tournament and whilst I initially agreed to let Cyrus take my place in the tournament I couldn’t contain my excitement and I signed up for the tournament, I guess this is fate’s way of telling me not to go back on my word in the future! This week I’m facing Cyrus King and his partner Misty alongside the mystery Bombshell!”

Oh, great! Anyway I’m starting with Cyrus!

“Cyrus, we’ve only known each other a couple of months now but I think it’s safe to say that we can call each other friends! Our methods in the ring may differ but we didn’t care when we formed our alliance back in December! That said in the ring there are no friends only enemies and this week on Climax Control our friendship will be put to the test!”

But in the end, it won’t matter!

“When all is said and done only one team will go through to the next round and to be honest I want that second round spot and neither you nor Misty will stop me or my mystery partner! Cyrus, you may be talented in the ring but I have the experience of a veteran on my side and at the end of the day it’ll be my experience that takes down the king!”

Next up is Misty.

“I know I can’t take her on but as Cyrus said, this worked well for Jessie and I don’t see why it wouldn’t work well for me either! Misty, we have so much in common that there’s a part of me that wishes that you where my partner instead of the mystery bombshell, we are both veterans of this sport with several titles to our names but my partner has the surprise on her side!”

And that’s a good thing and a bad thing!

“On one hand, that means we can take you by surprise and the element of surprise has worked god knows how many times over the years and not just in pro wrestling! On the other hand the element of surprise could backfire big time and I’ll have no one to blame but Mark and Christian who teamed me up with her in the first place!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up!

“Cyrus, Misty, I don’t care who my mystery partner is! Hell I had no idea who I was going to be teamed up with in the first place because of the Lethal Lottery style of the tournament and the tag team division in general so if anything this just adds to the mystery of the whole debacle, Cyrus, Misty, in the end there will be nothing to fear but fear itself and no one to fear but “The Fearless One” Steve Ramone in the Blast from the Past Tournament!”

I turned on the TV as the scene fades.
user posted image