Author Topic: Dethroning Kings  (Read 431 times)

Offline Gabriel

• View Profile
    • Gabriel
Dethroning Kings
« on: December 11, 2012, 02:19:55 PM »
 Oh jingle bells, it's festive season, but more to the point, it's my first festive season with an actual girlfriend, someone I actually love, instead of hitting up strip clubs with Shane. I know, it's a nice feeling. I'm sure Shane will be disappointed but maybe he can take Rage out to the strip clubs this year. Being as it is that festive season, it does bring a slight issue or two, Christmas presents. In the last year, things have changed dramatically in my life. Things have exploded in my life and I found myself with possessions but no heart behind them. I went from I to us, which now poses a whole different set of challenges for Christmas. I wanna do something big for my Aussie lady, something she's never gonna forget.

I glance up from the laptop, resting on the table and look across to Odette on the phone, her feet up on our sofa.

Even when she doesn't know it, she's still gorgeous

My eyes look down at the screen, multiple tabs open in Firefox browser. Shortened names fill the little tabs, the obvious Facebook and Twitter tabs stay open at the top.

Come on, are you telling my while you're watching this in your browser, Twitter and Facebook are not open?

But the other tabs are the ones that interest me. I quickly click on one, showing a picture of snow up on a mountain, husky dogs attached to a sleigh and a familiar looking fella in a red suit, with a flurry white beard. I glance across at Odette once more, as one of our kittens, Princeton, jumps up on the sofa, crawling up Odette's denim covered legs and to her side. Odette runs her fingers over the small kittens head and continues with her phone conversation. My eyes dart back to the screen as I look at the picture.

This would be something she wouldn't forget in a hurry

I roll the mouse arrow over another open tab, looking at Odette once more, who is staring at me. Odette blows me a kiss across the room, causing a smile to cross my lips.

Not gonna lie, wanna be on that sofa getting that kiss, but still, in ten minutes, I will be.

I click on another tab opened at the top, showing a flight booking page and an airport name written in to it, the word Kitilla under the destination.

Go on people, go Google it but shussssssh, don't tell Odette

I switch the date to the sixteenth of December

For after Climax Control, duh!

With a return date of the twenty second of December. As I attempt to type in some information, our other kitten, Carrot jumps up on the table and walks across the laptop keys. I quickly pick our little ginger kitten up and put it on my shoulder.

"Dude" I whisper to the cat "Trying to surprise your mother here!"

Did I REALLY just say that?

I quickly shake my head and look at the kitten, it's eyes just staring back in to mine

"Can I finish this now?" I whisper to Carrot

Am I really having a conversation with a cat and expecting it to answer?

I quickly turn my attention back to the laptop, typing in details while Carrot sits on my shoulder. I hit confirm on the flights and smile widely.

Little trip to a place where you Google googlers know but again, shush!

As I close the page, Two arms wrap around me from behind and a head moves to my other shoulder. A pair of lips press against my cheek.

"Now I know Princeton doesn't do that very often" I say with a wide smile.

Odette reaches down and squeezes my right thigh.

"Little to the left darling" I reply with a turn of my head.

Odette smiles and puts her hand on my chest

"Someone's in a cheeky mood today" Odette whispers in my ear.

"I blame you for being so damn sexy all the time" I reply

I spin the chair and pull Odette on to my lap and put my arms around her.

"How about a kiss?" Odette says to me, biting her lip

"You read my mind" I reply with a smile

"I was talking to Carrot" Odette says with a chuckle.

I turn my head, looking at the kitten still on my shoulder and back to Odette.

"I'm not the only one in a cheeky mood" I reply

"I blame you for being so damn sexy all the time" Odette replies with a laugh.

I shake my head but smile at my beautiful girlfriend. Carrot jumps off my shoulder and to the table, before jumping on to the floor and running away. I look at Odette with a look of sympathy on my face.

"Sorry babe, looks like Carrot blew you out to go run around" I tell Odette, with the best straight face I can possibly do.

Odette shrugs at me

"I guess you'll have to do than" Odette says leaning in.

Odette kisses me softly on the lips and runs her hand behind my head, before quickly pulling away.

"You have a great way of making me feel wanted" I quickly say jokingly

"Ok" Odette starts "How's his for making you feel wanted"

Odette reaches down my back and pulls at my T-shirt, pulling it over my head and throwing it to the ground. I look at Odette with my best puppy dog eyes.

"Just a piece of meat to you" I say as sadly as I can.

Odette moves in close, her lips close to my ear.

"You love it" she whispers, her Australian accent bouncing down my ear

A wide smile crosses my face

"Hell yeah" I reply.

I lift Odette up and lay her down on the table, kissing her passionately on the lips as her hand grip the back of my shoulders.

This is all you're getting, but if you wanna know what's happening, go back to Google and type in.... you know what, you can work it out yourself.

Just hours later

A noisy video game arcade is seen, lots of flashing lights take away any dim demeanor the place may have. Kids run around feeding coins in to machines, playing their favorite games. Despayre and Synn are seen at a claw grab machine, Angel perched facing inside the machine. Lot's of stuffed toys sit in the machine as Despayre feeds the machine with coins. Trying to win out a prize.

"These guys are Angel's friends! It's like they're in bear jail, but they're all innocent I tell ya!" Despayre says passionately

Synn looks down at his son, feeding more coins in to the machine.

"Are you sure?" Synn says humoring Despayre.

"Yes" Despayre says with a nod "Angel said they were all with him last night"

Synn nods slowly. I stand watching this unfold, but Despayre catches sight of me, standing with my arms folded.

"GABRIEL!" Despayre yells out as I approach.

Everyone stops and stares as Despayre wraps his arms around me.

"Hey Gabriel" Despayre starts slow "Angel's friends are in that bear prison, can you help with bail money?"

I glance at the glass container, stuffed teddy bears in there. I glance at Synn, who tries to hide a smile, then back to Despayre.

"Sure bud" I say reaching in to my pocket "How much do you need?"

"Lots and lots of change" Despayre says.

Fishing around my pocket, I pull out a twenty dollar bill and some loose change, handing the change to Despayre. Despayre looks at the note and takes it out of my hand.

"I can make change with this. Thanks Gabriel" Despayre says

Despayre starts darting through the crowd and I look at Synn.

"I thought I was the con artist out of us two" I say with a shrug "You got a minute?"

Synn nods and points to a seated area. He leads me to a table, seats opposite each other. Synn sits at one and I spin the seat around, sitting backwards on the seat.

"Looks like you're gonna interrogate me or something Gabriel" Synn says with his devil like smile on his face. "What's wrong?"

I run my fingers through my hair

"Am I getting boring or something in terms of wrestling?" I ask Synn

"What brought this on?" Synn asks curiously

"Feel stale. I feel like I've been doing the same thing over and over, I feel like I haven't improved. I've had a new move in mind for a while, not had a chance to use it. I feel like my promo work has turned to shit"

Synn huffs

"I will be the first to admit, your focus work has changed. I started to enjoy your promos when you took a subject and run with it, rather than complete rip in to your opponents" Synn says

"So when I was more Synn-like?" I reply

Synn nods

"To a degree. I made no secret of the fact that those are the kind I prefer from you, for the simple fact Gabriel, that is your calling. You do that style better than most in SCW, almost as good as me" Synn says, flashing his wicked smile

"Better than you" I quickly fire back

"Debatable" Synn says thoughtfully "But it might be time to bring that style back. It suited you down to the ground"

I nod towards Synn.

"In terms of a new finisher?" I ask

"It couldn't hurt" Synn replies with a one shoulder shrug

"I just feel like I need a new target to freshen me up" I tell Synn

"Have you thought of NWA?" Synn asks "There's a bright shiny pair of tag team titles that will look beautiful alongside those SCW Tag titles"

I nod

"I've thought about them" I reply "It would be a good new challenge, something different to aim at"

"I will start looking in to things for you" Synn says seriously "I think introducing yourself to the Alliance has been long overdue"

Before Synn can continue or I can reply to Synn's words, a shower of stuffed teddy bears rain down on the table. I dart my head to a proud looking Despayre, holding Angel in his arms.

"I think we might need to leave" Despayre says

"Why Despy?" I ask

"Because Angel just sprung his friends out of jail and we need to go" Despayre replies, looking over his shoulder.

I stand up and Synn follows my lead, both picking up handfuls of bears. Despayre looks at Synn

"Boy these bears are gonna celebrate their freedom tonight!" Despayre says before darting away after grabbing the last of the bears.

I smile at Synn

"Ever get the feeling you're gonna have a big mess to clean up at your house tomorrow?"

The lights around me are out as I sit upon velvet and gold. Oh yes, velvet and gold. A dim light starts to flicker on my head from a lone spotlight above my head, before focusing solely on me. The light illuminates what I'm sitting on, a solid gold throne with red velvet upholstery. Indentations of lions and regal looking shields drop down the side of the chair, engraved in to the gold, all the way to the floor. I lift my right hand, beckoning the camera forward towards me as I sit on this golden wonder, with the SCW Tag Team title across my lap.

"Today, we're getting pretty sermon like, would you like to see if you can work out what we are going to talk about today?"

I put my palms out flat, pointing with open hands towards the throne arms.

"Yes, we are going to talk about kings and rulers today. I thought about this long and hard, and well, in the ring with me this week, we have the kings of the jungle, in the Young Lions. I'm not a surf boy, I know these gentlemen are not really lions, but their persona, the whole image they want to show to the world, is that of the king of the jungle, the lion. Lions show their dominance to the jungle and therefore known as kings, rulers of the animal kingdom. With me so far?"

I smile at the camera

"And in the other corner, we have a man who could well be the king of mystery, Lucian Frost. As much as Lucian has been in and out of SCW, still no one knows a damn thing about him. No one know who he is, he could well be the king of mystery and his partner, a man who calls himself the king of kings, which would make him either the ruler of all or a very unsubtle guy that has never heard of the words gimmick infringement, but either way, let's play along"

I lift my tag title up my lap a little

"Kings, animal, human, doesn't really matter, they're put in power to lead the blind. Let's take a little look at animal leaders. Lions, kings of the jungle, and you wanna know why? No, it wasn't because they beat the elephants in an election. It's because they are brutal, they see what they want and go for the throat, they stalk, they attack with deadly accuracy, they are feared, not unlike human kings through history. They are feared for being blood thirsty, feared for being aggressive. They're man eaters, they're dominant creatures, they rule the jungle with an iron fist, think they're the top of the food chain but sadly, they are not. Man will always be at the top of that thing, but they share the common trait of being assertive, with human kings."

I lean back in the throne

"I'm English, we've had many assertive king in our history, so let's give you a history lesson here."

I clear my throat

"King William I, the Conqueror, who ruled my great land from 1066 to 1087 and his son King William II, 1087 to 1100, they were rulers with an iron fist and here's why. King William until 1071 spent his time suppressing English rebellions. After that date, by which time much of the English nobility had been eliminated, William had mainly Continental problems to deal with. The conquest of much of Wales was undertaken in the years 1070 to 1085. When William died, the chronicles generally agreed that he was a good, but stern king. It had been possible during his reign for a man to walk with his pockets full of gold from one end of William's realm to the other with no-one touching him through their fear of the king."

I snort slightly

"Good but stern? No, the guy hid it behind talking about his victories when all he did was try in insert his dominance on the good people. People feared him for his title, people feared him through his dominance"

I slowly shake my head.

"Let's talk about his little son, just as bad, yet more of a monster. Second son of William the Conqueror, William had the sternness and military ability of his father, but not his sense of justice. His court was renowned for its brutality and licentiousness and the king was often at variance with the church. He faced major rebellions in 1088 and 1095 though he succeeded in crushing them, largely due to the loyal support of the English."

I lift my title belt over my shoulder

"Brutal, crushing uprising's because he felt he can, because of that one little word.... support"

I flick my hair back behind my ear

"Kings are nothing without support, without their pride behind them, without their loyal people behind them"

A smile crosses my face

"In all I've done, all I've achieved, I have NEVER once called myself a king, I don't need to give myself fake titles to be as good as I am. I am, the people and I, the people will revolt against these kings. I will revolt and this uprising will not be crushed. I will bow to no man and I will walk out of Climax Control, with four royal scalps to add to my collection"

I stand up, pulling the title belt over my shoulder, putting my hand on the front of it.

"Believe that!"

The lights drop out, the spotlight fading to darkness as the scene ends
>

MARRIED TO ODETTE STEVENS
FIRST EVER SCW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!
FORMER SCW TAG TEAM CHAMPION
FORMER NWA TAG TEAM CHAMPION
@SCWGabriel
#WhatsInYourHead>