Author Topic: One Man and the Three Little Ladies  (Read 584 times)

Offline Nick Jones

• View Profile
    • Nick Jones
One Man and the Three Little Ladies
« on: March 23, 2012, 11:08:44 PM »
 The scene opens up inside of the home of Nick Jones.  In his living room, Nick sits in front of his TV as he watches some tape of recent SCW shows, namely footage of both his upcoming opponents and partner at this weeks Climax Control.  As one clip comes to an end, the next item to be shown is  a recent interview with Nick's future partner, SCW Bombshell Veronica Taylor.  As he watches the clip, Nick seems happy with what he sees, as he nods with approval.  At that moment, Nick's agent Jimmy Mason comes walking into the room to check on Nick.  Jimmy takes a look around, and seeing Nick's laptop is sitting on the table in front of him, unused, seems to disappoint Jimmy.

Jimmy:  Nicky, baby, what are you doing?  You've got to get working on this book!

Nick:  Yeah, yeah I know.  You've only nagged me about it 30 times already today.  Listen, I'll get what I need done, but this is a matter of priorities.  First and foremost, I'm a professional wrestling and more importantly, the SCW Heavyweight Champion.  I've got a match on Sunday and that's my top concern right now.  The rest of this nonsense can wait until I'm done with all of this.

Jimmy:  Alright, but you have to stop pushing it back too long.  Sooner or later the publishers are going to want to see some of your work if you want these paychecks to keep coming in from them.

Nick:  Trust me, it will be just fine.  Just take a deep breath and understand I've got this all under control.  I'm a constant success at everything else I commit myself to, this won't be any different.

With that, Jimmy suddenly finds himself distracted as he sees what's airing on TV.  After spending a few moments watching Veronica, Jimmy turns his attention back to Nick.

Jimmy:  And who is exactly is this lady?

Nick:  Veronica Taylor, she's my partner in a mixed tag match this week against that dipshit Kain and the Bombshell champ.

Jimmy looks back at the TV again for a moment, nodding in approval at what he sees.

Jimmy:  Very nice.

Nick:  Indeed.  I've got to be honest, while I can't stand most of the constant losers this company is filled with, this girl just has something about her.  She's just got the right kind of attitude.

Jimmy:  I can certainly see why you would say that.  You think her personality reminds us just a little bit of somebody we already know?

Jimmy's comment is clearly referencing the similar cocky and arrogant demeanor that both Nick and Veronica share, but Nick doesn't seem to quite get the comparison.

Nick:  Not that I can think of, but that's not a bad thing considering the crap we're surrounded by in this company.

Jimmy:  If you say so baby.  I have a feeling you two will do just fine as teammates together.

Nick:  Just as long as that girl can hold up her own end of the bargain and not get taken down by that Raynin broad, which I'm sure she can more than handle, I have no doubt this will be a cake walk.  I mean, all of SCW has already seen Kain doesn't stand a chance against me, so that's certainly not a concern.

Before the conversation can continue any further, Nick's cousin, Big B comes walking into the room as well.  This grabs the attention of both Nick and Jimmy, who turn to B only to see him staring down at his cell phone without even looking up at them.  He's so sidetracked that he proceeds to walk right into the back of the couch before redirecting himself around it and taking a seat, the entire never looking up, as Nick just looks as B rather inquisitively.

Nick:  Um, hey B, what's up man?

Big B doesn't even seem to be aware of Nick's comment directed towards him, not even slightly acknowledging that he's been spoken to.

Nick:  YO... B!!!

With that, Big B looks up from his cell phone, looking over Nick rather confused by the loud statement.

Big B:  What's up cuz?

Nick:  What the hell are you doing?

Big B:  I'm posting stuff on my twitter page... it's great!

Nick:  Oh, you have got to be kidding me.  You've started up with this twitter crap too now?

Big B:  What's wrong with twitter, it's so cool.

Nick:  Yeah, maybe if you're 12 years old.  You're a damn adult, try to act like one.  If you want to communicate with people, how about you do it in the real world, and not on some idiotic website like some weirdo recluse.

Big B:  Come on, Nick, don't be like that.  It's a great way to keep in touch with friends who you aren't around right now, and let them know what's going on with you.

Nick:  Oh really... like who?  Everyone one of your so-called friends spend pretty much every waking moment around us.

Big B:  Well not ALL of them.

Nick:  Who do you not see on a regular enough basis that you need to keep in touch with them on this idiotic website?

Upon the asking of that question, Big B clearly gets nervous and starts stumbling over words, clearly unsure of how to respond to the question.

Big B:  Um... ya know... just an um... friend.  It's not anyone you've ever met.

Nick:  If you say so.

Nick rolls his eyes, turning his attention back to the video breakdown he was watching, as Nick's girlfriend Diana walks into the room and plops down right next to Nick on the couch.  Diana leans up against Nick and pulls out her cell phone.  After a few moments of looking at it, Diana lets out a slight chuckle and then turns her attention over to Big B.

Diana:  That tweet was great, B.  I'm so glad I started to follow you, you're just too funny.

Without saying a word, Nick just peers over at Diana for a moment before shaking his head and turning his attention back to the tape he was watching.  After a few more seconds, Diana finishes up on her phone and looks up to see the footage of Veronica.  Diana seems immediately taken back by this and shoots a look over at Nick.

Diana:  And who exactly is this?

Nick:  My tag partner for Sunday.

Diana:  Oh really?  You're getting yourself into matches with women now?

Nick:  Yeah, what of it?

Diana:  I just find it interesting you can't stand having to team up with other men, but you're suddenly just a-ok with teaming up with ladies.

Jimmy:  Well like I said to Nicky before, I think, more than anything, that has to do with this lady's personality traits.

Diana looks over to Jimmy, quickly responding with a rather annoyed tone.

Diana:  Oh you mean how she's an obnoxious, arrogant, self-obsessed jackass?  A lot like someone else we know?

Nick:  Oh come on, you two aren't THAT much alike.

Nick smiles at Diana, lightly chuckling at his own joke as Diana just stares at him, clearly unamused

Nick:  You're not really pissed about this are you?

Diana:  I just think this whole thing is a little unnecessary is all.

Nick:  Oh, give me a break.  I'm not the one booking these matches.  After all of these years together you really can't tell me you're jealous because I have a match involving a couple female wrestlers.  I'm not even going to be in the ring with either of these broads, so what the hell do you think is going to happen?  Is tagging in and out of a match too much interaction for you?

Diana:  Whatever, I'm just saying I've never seen you so interested in breaking down your tag partner or wanting to have anything to do with them whatsoever until it's suddenly a woman.

Nick:  You know what... I've really got to get working on this book.

Nick gets up, grabs his laptop off the coffee and immediately walks straight out of the room, leaving everyone else behind in the process.  Diana, Jimmy and Big B all just look at each other and shrug, not quite sure how to react to that as the scene fades.

<hr width = 50%>

The scene opens up backstage at the Kezar Pavilion in San Fransisco, California.  More specifically, we are seeing the door to the office of SCW Co-Owner "Hot Stuff" Mark Ward.  After a few moments, SCW Heavyweight Champion Nick Jones is seen walking straight towards the door.  He reaches for the door handle and is about to enter when his attention is drawn by something off camera.  The camera pans over to what Nick is looking at, only to see Mark a few feet away from the door, moving incredibly slowly towards his office as he seems to be preoccupied by something on his cell phone. Seeing Mark standing there, Nick turns towards Mark rather than entering his office.

Nick:  Hey limey, how's it going?

Nick looks to Mark, waiting for a response, but he seems to be oblivious to it as his head never lifts up to look away from his cell phone.  Without saying another word, Nick just walks straight over to Mark and slaps his cell phone out of his hand, knocking it to the floor.  Mark quickly jerks his head up, looking to see who did it and looking rather annoyed.  He seems to calm a little upon realizing it is Nick and bends over to pick up his phone before addressing him.

HS:  What the hell was that all about, yank?

Nick:  I was trying to talk to you and you had your head burried in that damn cell phone.

HS:  I was busy tweeting.

Nick:  I know what you were doing, and that only makes it work.  This twitter nonsense needs to come to an end.  Since when did this company get filled with nothing but a bunch of internet dweebs?

Without saying another word, Mark and Nick both turn towards the camera, seemingly looking directly at you after that comment.  They both shake it off after a moment and continue their conversation.

HS:  Lighten up, yank.  It's just a way to let the SCW fans know what's going on while busting the balls of some of the numbskulls on the roster.

Nick:  And why do you need to do this on twitter exactly?  Trust me, it's a lot more fun doing it straight to their stupid faces.

HS:  Maybe so, but I'm a busy man and I don't have the time to take out of me way to go see every dumbass I want to make fun of.

Nick doesn't immediately respond to that, seeming to think about it a little and nodding in acknowledgment before saying anything.

Nick:  That very well be the best justification I've ever heard for that nonsense.

HS:  Good, now you've run out of excuses, so go sign up.

Nick:  Now let's not crazy here, I certainly never said anything like that.  I still do have a life you know.  Nice try though.

HS:  Whatever you say.  So how you feeling about your match tonight?

Nick:  Are you kidding me?  I've already mopped the floor with that loser Kain once, now I'm supposed to be worried about doing it again because he's got some broad teaming up with him?

HS:  Well you never know what can happen when you're not in the ring.  Don't forget, this match is only men vs men and women vs women, no inter-gender action here.  You can end up with a loss that has nothing to do with you.

Nick:  Well given what I've seen out of this chick I'm teaming up with, I'm not overly concerned about that.  Although this point begs a question, if I'm not allowed to face any women, then who am I supposed to face off with?  Not exactly the best match stipulation when you've thrown me into a match with three girls.

The comment gets a slight chuckle out of Hot Stuff.

HS:  I guess we'll just have to make a slight exception for the little lady who goes by the name of Kain.  Although I probably wouldn't advice you let him... or her... whatever, hear you talking like that.

Nick:  Oh no, what is Kain going to do?  Lose to me again?  Or maybe jump the company owner from behind?  Give me a break.  The truth is that little punk went on and on complaining about how I won the match to retain my title, despite every action being completely by the rules of the match and then last week he illegally interfears in my match against Bruce Veans in attempt to cost me the title to someone he might actually have a chance of beating, and yet I still win anyway.  And of course, he's sure to run away scared, like so many other superstars before him, before I can finish up my match on put him in his place.

HS:  Well I guess you've got a point there.

Nick:  Of course I do, Kain can run his mouth all he wants, but in the end I beat both him AND Damon Synn in that ring, at the same time, to retain this title.  He can cry all he wants about the completely legal actions in that match, but I just proved a very clear fact last week, and that is that a real champion finds a way to win no matter what the situation.  I did just that, and that loser Kaine proved he is anything but a champion.  After that stunt he pulled last week, if I was a born loser like him, I would have lost that match and then threw a little hissy fit about why it wasn't my fault.  But instead, I just went out there and won the damn match, despite another in the endless attempts by people in this company to rob me of my title.  Yet in the end it still hasn't happened, and it won't ever happen.

With that Nick, finishes his little rant, but upon turning his attention back to Mark, realizes Mark's gone back to tweeting on his phone.  Upon realizing Nick has stopped talking Mark looks back up on Nick, only to see Nick glaring at him.

HS:  What?  I was still listening.

Nick says nothing, but continues to glare at him, clearly unconvinced by Mark's statement.

HS:  Ok, maybe not by the end, but this isn't an in-ring promo you're cutting here, you really expect me to listen to you go on and on about this?  My thoughts on Kain are pretty well documented at this point, so you don't need to try to convince me.  And if there's anyone else out there who needs convincing, how about you do it by stepping in that ring and kicking Kain's ass... again.

Nick:  I assure you, that's exactly what I plan on doing tonight.

HS:  Good.  Now if you'd excuse me, I have some important work to take care of before the show starts.

Nick nods towards Mark and goes to walk away, but then stops a moment, turning back to watch Mark.  Mark continues to stand there on his phone, tweeting away as he's unaware of Nick watching.  Nick, clearly seeing Mark is making no effort to actually do any work, gets only more angry to see Mark blowing him off in favor of tweeting.  he seems to want to react in some way to it, but seems unsure of how to and instead just ends up turning and storming off as the scene fades.
>